Options

New Ticket Policy Changes Simplified

Comments

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I never understood how people said some had like 10 accounts. I mean, your drivers license only shows one name. How can you pick up tickets in 5 different account names? And I don't even want to know that answer actually. I think I'm just naive and haven't ever looked at it as a system to try and exploit.
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    Honestly all this started with the introduction of GA. At least 1/3 of the memberships are because of the opportunity for GA. If your secondary 600xxx number got you rafters or if you knew what that number would get,  you may not join or try for tickets. You would roll the dice with Ticketmaster or somewhere else. GA opportunities have turned all of this around.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Sprunkn7 said:
    As a 10 Club member for a long time and a member that has LOST way more lottery entries than I want to even count I have to put in my opinion of the "selling of your second ticket"  complaint.  There have been MANY AMAZING fan club members who have helped me get a ticket or a pair when I had none.  I have NEVER been asked more than face.  I consider myself an "UNCONNECTED" fan.  As in I don't have a posse of PJ 10 Club members that are collecting tickets so they can sell them.  If it happens I'm not aware of it.  We help each other out and there is nothing wrong with that!  My partner and I have have 2 accounts because we have gotten our faces ripped off so many times, in reality it was the only way we ever could get tickets before the lottery.  
    I think the club is doing everything to stay updated and to try and help their fanbase. Sure there maybe a few rotten apples in the barrel but most of us are good people just wanting to see our favorite band. I'm excited to see how this new system plays out.  I've been waiting for a better chance at getting a few shows via the 10 club and they way they word it I hope it's true!

People looking to connect with 1 fan to share their pair with will not go away.  That is fine, and always has been.

The issue was the large and increasing number of people looking to trade pairs only for pairs for other shows.  People who gamed multiple accounts (and I suspect in some cases 'several' accounts spread over a few people), were able to basically chain their way through a leg of a tour primarily in GA or premium 10c number seats.  That behavior undermined the spirit of a lottery.       
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Well, as the system is for seating priority, Im glad they have the GA option. Otherwise anyone who has joined 10club in the last 10 years would basically never get a good ticket ever again.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Sarava said:
    Well, as the system is for seating priority, Im glad they have the GA option. Otherwise anyone who has joined 10club in the last 10 years would basically never get a good ticket ever again.
    My suggestion has been to make all tickets 1 pool, while allow people to specify "reserved only" when entering the lottery.  

They can have the selection of who gets in for the show.... then a second one for GA within that pool.  
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    Which is way they did it. 
    However it is what has led things to where we are. It just opened up Pandora’s box a bit
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,504
    thanks for the clarifications!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    I have said it before, but in-line in Denver a group of people were openly discussing this way of playing the ticket lottery and giving advice to others.  It bothered me but I didn't say anything because I felt outnumbered.  A couple of guys claimed to have been in general admission to every show to that point on that tour.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I just want you guys to know, no matter what happens in the lottery, I still love you motherf*ckers......
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    I just want you guys to know, no matter what happens in the lottery, I still love you motherf*ckers......
    LoL, right back at you 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    Sprunkn7 said:
    As a 10 Club member for a long time and a member that has LOST way more lottery entries than I want to even count I have to put in my opinion of the "selling of your second ticket"  complaint.  There have been MANY AMAZING fan club members who have helped me get a ticket or a pair when I had none.  I have NEVER been asked more than face.  I consider myself an "UNCONNECTED" fan.  As in I don't have a posse of PJ 10 Club members that are collecting tickets so they can sell them.  If it happens I'm not aware of it.  We help each other out and there is nothing wrong with that!  My partner and I have have 2 accounts because we have gotten our faces ripped off so many times, in reality it was the only way we ever could get tickets before the lottery.  
    I think the club is doing everything to stay updated and to try and help their fanbase. Sure there maybe a few rotten apples in the barrel but most of us are good people just wanting to see our favorite band. I'm excited to see how this new system plays out.  I've been waiting for a better chance at getting a few shows via the 10 club and they way they word it I hope it's true!
    Ten Club members with extra tickets saved me at the Quebec City show a few years ago. Not only did I want to take two friends with me to experience Pearl Jam live but I also created complications for myself by accidentally entering the lottery for the Ottawa show only (advice: read and re-read your selections!). When I won the Ottawa tickets, I adjusted my plans to attend the Ottawa on my own and the Quebec City show with my friends, made some trades that made that all happen and met some great Ten Club members along the way. The trades were face value. My friends could not believe the festival atmosphere outside the Quebec City venue, with people coming and going to pick up tickets, chatting with other fans in line for merchandise, meeting my ticket buddies, and the stamina of those in the GA line.

As fans, we don't always attend shows in sets of two and I helped and was helped by the ability to trade off second tickets. I'm glad that is still possible at least. As I was combing through the threads during that Quebec City tour, trying to make my trades, I didn't see come across anyone trading for more than face value or the same number of tickets but as Sprunkn7 said, there may be a few rotten apples out there. It will be interesting to see how this new system works out.

One positive thing is that the 3 p.m. ticket pickup and long lineup will be eliminated, giving more time to go to the Wishlist Party before the show!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,235
    Sarava said:
    Last 20+ years.   I joined early '98 and my seats were getting worse with every tour.   The change to multiple shows put them further back, the 4 lottery rows, pushed them further back etc....  The last show I was with seated fan seats was Seattle '09 and I think i was row 22 or 24 or something.   Pretty far back on the floor.   I've really enjoyed the move to GA (with the sole exception of missing out all together for 10c tickets for seattle '13).
  • Options
    Windermere11Windermere11 Earth Posts: 133
    So... I just looked on ticketmaster for the Seattle shows.... And this is now posted...

"Pearl Jam Presale STARTS on Mon 02/12/18 @ 10:00 am PST.
    Please Note that the Team Offer and Mariners Season Ticket Holder presale codes are good for both Pearl Jam dates but there is a 4 ticket limit per CODE provided."

So... after the TEN CLUB presale drawing ends on 2/12/18, The Team Offer and Mariners Season Ticket Holders have four days to purchase tickets on Ticketmaster, BEFORE the "Verified Fan Pre-sale even starts on 2/16/18...??? 

I didn't see that previously mentioned anywhere....  :o       
    Thank you Mike!!!

1990 12/22
    1991 2/1,26; 3/1; 5/25; 8/23,29
    1992 1/3,17; 7/22; 9/20
    1993 9/5; 10/25; 12/7,8,9
    1995 6/24; 11/4
    1998 7/10,11,13,14
    2000 10/22,25,28,30
    2003 6/2,3,5,6; 10/28
    2006 7/6,7,9,10,12,13; 11/30; 12/2,9
    2009 9/30; 10/1,6,7,9
    2010 5/1
    2013 11/21,23,24
    2014 10/25
    2016 11/14
    2018 8/8,10
    2021 9/26; 10/1,2
    2022 5/3,6,7
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    edited February 2018
    So... I just looked on ticketmaster for the Seattle shows.... And this is now posted...

Please Note that the Team Offer and Mariners Season Ticket Holder presale codes are good for both Pearl Jam dates but there is a 4 ticket limit per CODE provided."

So... after the TEN CLUB presale drawing ends on 2/12/18, The Team Offer and Mariners Season Ticket Holders have four days to purchase tickets on Ticketmaster, BEFORE the "Verified Fan Pre-sale even starts on 2/16/18...??? 

Makes sense to me.  Cubs season ticket holders could get tickets at past Wrigley shows. 

On a side note, I am very jealous of all the shows you saw in the 90s!
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    I have not read this thread in a week.  Has anything changed if I am putting in reserved with my account and my wife's account and we plan on taking 2 friends that are not 10C members where we can exchange phones or walk down separately so we can all get in but at the end of the day sit next to our spouses?  Everyone had thought this was possible a week or 2 ago. Just want to make sure nothing has changed before I put in for the lottery.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    GR280729 said:
    I have not read this thread in a week.  Has anything changed if I am putting in reserved with my account and my wife's account and we plan on taking 2 friends that are not 10C members where we can exchange phones or walk down separately so we can all get in but at the end of the day sit next to our spouses?  Everyone had thought this was possible a week or 2 ago. Just want to make sure nothing has changed before I put in for the lottery.
    That sounds sane and logical 
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    GR280729 said:
    That sounds sane and logical 
    Thanks.  My wife would be so pissed at me if at the end of the day I drag her 4+ hours to Fenway and then we can't sit together.
  • Options
    Windermere11Windermere11 Earth Posts: 133

Makes sense to me.  Cubs season ticket holders could get tickets at past Wrigley shows. 

On a side note, I am very jealous of all the shows you saw in the 90s!
    I've been very blessed. Crazy time, scene and city back then...  Some of those "early" shows (Off Ramp, RKCNDY, Vogue, ect) were tough access... But I mastered my "sneak in" skills.... Great family and friends!! Thanks again Mike!!!       
    Thank you Mike!!!

1990 12/22
    1991 2/1,26; 3/1; 5/25; 8/23,29
    1992 1/3,17; 7/22; 9/20
    1993 9/5; 10/25; 12/7,8,9
    1995 6/24; 11/4
    1998 7/10,11,13,14
    2000 10/22,25,28,30
    2003 6/2,3,5,6; 10/28
    2006 7/6,7,9,10,12,13; 11/30; 12/2,9
    2009 9/30; 10/1,6,7,9
    2010 5/1
    2013 11/21,23,24
    2014 10/25
    2016 11/14
    2018 8/8,10
    2021 9/26; 10/1,2
    2022 5/3,6,7
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    Sarava said:
    I never understood how people said some had like 10 accounts. I mean, your drivers license only shows one name. How can you pick up tickets in 5 different account names? And I don't even want to know that answer actually. I think I'm just naive and haven't ever looked at it as a system to try and exploit.
    Interesting point. 

Can anyone else think of a way, under the assumption the extra accounts are just that ( for example, a relative who is not a fan) to accomplish this without involving a felony? 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    Scalpers can now make hundreds of accounts just to do this making the odds even harder for us fans. It is a broke system already imo and really only benefits the scalpers.
    Completely agree and this is always my concern.  It was hard enough to get tickets before, and now this.  At least with the GA tickets, I wish they would get more strict, not less.  In-person pickup at least limited the global scalper.  Been saying for years that they should've made 10C tickets credit card entry only and I would get the automatic "I want to collect hard tickets" response, which was not the point.  Now we don't have hard tickets AND the buyer doesnt have to show up.
    How big of an issue has scalping really been though? You rarely/never seen Ten Club seats on legit sites, so anyone using sketchier channels can now only scalp one instead of two. Plus the added risk of question marks on the distribution.

Just seeing conversations on here, it seems multiple accounts might be the bigger issue. Create multiple accounts to increase your GA odds, knowing you can just sell off extras to friends, etc. That would be tougher now that the primary account holder has to enter the show themselves.

Fascinating to think about what sort of data the Ten Club has that informs their decisions. As someone who just enters once for each show I plan to attend, this system gives me a little more confidence that I'll get drawn.

You are correct in that very few 10c tickets enter the resale market. The few prime tickets that do are at astronomical prices.

The issue is not 10c tickets that hit the market. It's the affect that the  absence of prime/10c tickets has on the remaining market, coupled with the lack of prime seat availability to the overwhelming majority of fans, coupled with the same fans getting rewarded every show every tour, coupled with most fans have a near zero chance of getting decent 10c  seats.

I cant think of another rock band with a situation like this.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    edited February 2018
    Sarava said:
    Interesting point. 

Can anyone else think of a way, under the assumption the extra accounts are just that ( for example, a relative who is not a fan) to accomplish this without involving a felony? 
    I have a passport with my maiden name, license with my married name.  I could sign my husband up who can take or leave Pearl Jam but would help me out.  That's 3 accounts when typically I would have 1.  I could also use my sister's likeness who is very close to myself and a few of my friends aren't too far off from resembling me (I have never seen a 10c worker at the ticket office look at the photo on the ID) Couple up with a few friends in similar situations and we have a monster leg-up.  

Instead, I have 1 account and lose every lottery, then have to come here looking for tickets and seeing many people trading pairs to get into 10c seats at other shows.  Trades with others who somehow were also "selected" for extra pairs.

People have signed up their spouse/partner and kids at a furious rate in the past 5 years
  • Options
    jdopj said:
    Honestly all this started with the introduction of GA. At least 1/3 of the NEW memberships are because of the opportunity for GA. If your secondary 600xxx number got you rafters or if you knew what that number would get,  you may not join or try for tickets. You would roll the dice with Ticketmaster or somewhere else. GA opportunities have turned all of this around.
    i agree with this. i signed up my niece and nephew who are 10/11 years old. i drive them to pick up the GA tickets when they win and take them back home right away and feed them ice cream and cake while i go and rock out at the show. that is unless i want a tambourine, only then are they invited.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    People have friends that they share tickets with and there is nothing wrong with that. The fact that we are forced buy a pair when a lot of people want to go single allows for a lot of trading and deals to happen especially with GA. How would someone have 10 accounts? That would only work for local shows where your family/friends live and now that the name is tied to the first ticket I am hoping it puts an end to that. I think people are overblowing the fact that the same fans are getting rewarded and there is this secret society out there that you need to be apart of to be successful in the draw. 
  • Options
    i just want a copy of the hard drive with every PJ show on it but that secret society is not sharing
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    Scalpers can now make hundreds of accounts just to do this making the odds even harder for us fans. It is a broke system already imo and really only benefits the scalpers.
    Completely agree and this is always my concern.  It was hard enough to get tickets before, and now this.  At least with the GA tickets, I wish they would get more strict, not less.  In-person pickup at least limited the global scalper.  Been saying for years that they should've made 10C tickets credit card entry only and I would get the automatic "I want to collect hard tickets" response, which was not the point.  Now we don't have hard tickets AND the buyer doesnt have to show up.
    How big of an issue has scalping really been though? You rarely/never seen Ten Club seats on legit sites, so anyone using sketchier channels can now only scalp one instead of two. Plus the added risk of question marks on the distribution.

Just seeing conversations on here, it seems multiple accounts might be the bigger issue. Create multiple accounts to increase your GA odds, knowing you can just sell off extras to friends, etc. That would be tougher now that the primary account holder has to enter the show themselves.

Fascinating to think about what sort of data the Ten Club has that informs their decisions. As someone who just enters once for each show I plan to attend, this system gives me a little more confidence that I'll get drawn.

You are correct in that very few 10c tickets enter the resale market. The few prime tickets that do are at astronomical prices.

The issue is not 10c tickets that hit the market. It's the affect that the  absence of prime/10c tickets has on the remaining market, coupled with the lack of prime seat availability to the overwhelming majority of fans, coupled with the same fans getting rewarded every show every tour, coupled with most fans have a near zero chance of getting decent 10c  seats.

They have the rows 1,2,9,10 lottery to account for that. GA democratizes things as well. If they randomized all tickets, fan club requests would shoot up and your chance of getting in at all drops significantly. Seniority seating helps with the already insane demand. So you pick your poison.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:

They have the rows 1,2,9,10 lottery to account for that. GA democratizes things as well. If they randomized all tickets, fan club requests would shoot up and your chance of getting in at all drops significantly. Seniority seating helps with the already insane demand. So you pick your poison.
    Everyone has a chance at GA now
    its equalized 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    10C lotto opens up in about 3 hours  =)
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    People have friends that they share tickets with and there is nothing wrong with that. The fact that we are forced buy a pair when a lot of people want to go single allows for a lot of trading and deals to happen especially with GA. How would someone have 10 accounts? That would only work for local shows where your family/friends live and now that the name is tied to the first ticket I am hoping it puts an end to that. I think people are overblowing the fact that the same fans are getting rewarded and there is this secret society out there that you need to be apart of to be successful in the draw. 
    Same fans rewarded is referencing the seniority system. Those of us that just didn't want to join a blind purchase club back in the day are outcast from the best seats forever. Those are the rules, but I'm not convinced this intricate system does what it was intended.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    Fenway ticket prices went up substantially.  $188 for a pair in 2016 and $247 now.  That's an increase of $29.50 per ticket.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 550
    Fenway ticket prices went up substantially.  $188 for a pair in 2016 and $247 now.  That's an increase of $29.50 per ticket.  
    I was a little shocked at the drastically increased prices. Seattle was $259 a pair.
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2