Options

New Ticket Policy Changes Simplified

Comments

• Options
    I can submit my entry now and still make changes until the lottery ends....correct?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    WashmyLUV said:
    I can submit my entry now and still make changes until the lottery ends....correct?
    CORRECT
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Lsk6453 said:
    Fenway ticket prices went up substantially.  $188 for a pair in 2016 and $247 now.  That's an increase of $29.50 per ticket.  
    I was a little shocked at the drastically increased prices. Seattle was $259 a pair.
    Seattle also takes into account an extra $10 to fight  homelessness in the area. 
  • Options
    Prices are more than I expected for sure, are taxes and fees still to be added or is this the set/final price?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    WashmyLUV said:
    Prices are more than I expected for sure, are taxes and fees still to be added or is this the set/final price?
    final price
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,144
    Wow, lots of talk about higher prices. Compared to other bands, they are the cheapest ticket for a major act.

Now, to charge the same price for front of house and nose bleeds? There's something worth mentioning.
  • Options
    Will there be a separate entrance for Ten Club members only?  We're going to need to show ID and that's going to slow things down!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,588
    Wow, lots of talk about higher prices. Compared to other bands, they are the cheapest ticket for a major act.

Now, to charge the same price for front of house and nose bleeds? There's something worth mentioning.
    I'm not even complaining, but I have to disagree. These aren't cheap for a major act. I've seen many major acts recently for way less than that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,504
    WashmyLUV said:
    This is correct, but just to be clear, you will have to cancel your picks, and pick again.   You cant edit your current picks.   

its not a big deal, because as long as you do this before the deadline, its fine. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm not even complaining, but I have to disagree. These aren't cheap for a major act. I've seen many major acts recently for way less than that.

Comparable bands that have been around nearly 30 years that easily sell out charge $200-$1000 for front of house tickets.

McCartney, Elton, Guns, Metallica, Joel and U2 all way over $123 face for prime tickets. Just off the top of my head. Way over.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Comparable bands that have been around nearly 30 years that easily sell out charge $200-$1000 for front of house tickets.
    Some. But others that are just as comparable have $80 GA tickets (U2 for example), so I don't think that the whole "but so-and-so overcharges too" excuse is a very good one personally, lol. Two wrongs don't make a right!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Some. But others that are just as comparable have $80 GA tickets (U2 for example), so I don't think that the whole "but so-and-so overcharges too" excuse is a very good one personally, lol. Two wrongs don't make a right!
    We Must live in different cities.

U2 msg was $330+SC each for upper deck later this year on TM. I wish I was joking. 
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

U2 msg was $330+SC each for upper deck later this year on TM. I wish I was joking. 
    Every U2 show I know of had cheaper upper upper seats when they went onsale.  Ticketmaster now RE-sells a lot of seats so it looks like they are being sold the first time on the venue site but they're re-sells, so maybe that's what you were looking at, but I don't know of any U2 shows that went onsale and had the cheapest tix of the original sale be much over $100.00.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    JH6056 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Every U2 show I know of had cheaper upper upper seats when they went onsale.  Ticketmaster now RE-sells a lot of seats so it looks like they are being sold the first time on the venue site but they're re-sells, so maybe that's what you were looking at, but I don't know of any U2 shows that went onsale and had the cheapest tix of the original sale be much over $100.00.

No, for this tour, some of the balconies in the middle of the arena have a face value of $325.00 ($330 at MSG due to a $5.00 facility fee), the seats that would have a straight on view of the giant screen. Basically all the "sideline" sections, the lower rows.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    JH6056 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

No, for this tour, some of the balconies in the middle of the arena have a face value of $325.00 ($330 at MSG due to a $5.00 facility fee), the seats that would have a straight on view of the giant screen. Basically all the "sideline" sections, the lower rows.
    I'm not talking about all the seats or specific seats - the point I was making was that I don't know a show where the cheapest ticket was $325.  What city & venue are you talking about, and are you saying there were no tickets sold for cheaper than $325?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't think anyone says they are cheap, but we are pretty far away from U2 and Guns N Roses prices they could easily command
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    JH6056 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm talking face value not resale

It looks like u2 added another show and dropped their prices. Scouts honor face was $331 + SC for 200 level a month ago. I recall entire sections for that same amount to the penny. I guess they needed to clear tix to add a third date. Even the "reduced" prices way above PJ:

Platinum Tickets
    LOWER BOWL SEATING
    Sec 103, Row 7, Seats 12-13
    $260.00 + Fees

That's all the way on the far side of the arena. Each.

LOWER BOWL SEATING
    Sec 105, Row 7
    • Standard Admission
      $331.00 ea + Fees

105 is a Mile from the stage 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Crazy. I was about 7 feet from the stage for the Joshua Tree tour last year and my tickets were about $76 CAD each, plus fees (still under $100 CAD).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Crazy. I was about 7 feet from the stage for the Joshua Tree tour last year and my tickets were about $76 CAD each, plus fees (still under $100 CAD).

We get shafted in NYC. Tix are impossibly expensive and we have to compete with "the industry" for prime seats.

CAD- I was all set to describe those section 103 tickets as they are at "the lonely end of the rink"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,906
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

same here at giants stadium.  this year I have ga again for the same exact price in an arena right outside of nyc.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I paid $35 for tickets in the upper level for the U2-Joshua Tree show in Cleveland last year and really enjoyed it.
    We had a perfect view of the "satellite" stage they opened the show on...
    and LOVED being able to see the whole screen behind the band for the main stage portion of the show!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I paid $35 for tickets in the upper level for the U2-Joshua Tree show in Cleveland last year and really enjoyed it.
    and LOVED being able to see the whole screen behind the band for the main stage portion of the show!!

Yeah, I'm guessing something was just wonky with Lerxst1992's show.  I'm thinking they didn't see the original prices or something?  And yes, FLOOR at the Stadium Joshua Tree show I saw were $80.  If you waited long enough, you literally had the best seats for under $100.  
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    derbydave said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dave,

PJ trying to put me in debtors prison here.... :lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:
    derbydave said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dave,

We already have tickets for the 2 London shows...
    and hoping to score for both Seattle shows, Missoula & Wrigley 1.
    I guess the lack of shows last year really helped me replenish the old tour fund!!! :wink:

'16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    derbydave said:
    lolobugg said:
    derbydave said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dave,

I guess the lack of shows last year really helped me replenish the old tour fund!!! :wink:

that's a great way of looking at it!

so you are thinking about doing Wrigley after all?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:
    derbydave said:
    lolobugg said:
    derbydave said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dave,

that's a great way of looking at it!

so you are thinking about doing Wrigley after all?

LeeAnn talked me in to doing Wrigley 1.
    After running thru all of the expenses for this trip,
    we decided it would be easier & much more affordable to rent a car here in Columbus and drive out to Seattle.
    We did all the calculations...
    It was going to cost us around $600 each to fly out to Seattle,
    $1000 to rent a round trip car for the time we would need it to do the Seattle & Missoula shows...
    or $2000 if we did a one-way rental car and flew home from Missoula.
    That was actually a good option for flights, but the 2K rental car situation put a big NO on that.
    I can get a round trip rental car here in Columbus for the 18 days we'll need it for a little over $500...
    and that allows us to pick up the Wrigley show.
    We're gonna spend a whole week in Seattle,
    and then stopping to visit all the tourist attractions on the drive back to Chicago.
    LeeAnn has never been west of the Mississippi River and she's looking forward to the roadtrip.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    JH6056 said:
    derbydave said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I'm guessing something was just wonky with Lerxst1992's show.  I'm thinking they didn't see the original prices or something?  And yes, FLOOR at the Stadium Joshua Tree show I saw were $80.  If you waited long enough, you literally had the best seats for under $100.  

It's public info, plenty available for this summer's msg shows. Filter out resale to get true face value. When these shows first went onsale prices were insane. Still very expensive prime tickets compared to PJ.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/u2-experience-innocence-tour-2018-new-york-new-york-07-01-2018/event/3B00542CF1653720

Tons of standard admission 200 level for $331+ sc
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    JH6056 said:
    Poncier said:
    JH6056 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm not talking about all the seats or specific seats - the point I was making was that I don't know a show where the cheapest ticket was $325.  What city & venue are you talking about, and are you saying there were no tickets sold for cheaper than $325?

No there are cheaper seats, but the point is that face value of some balcony seats for this year's U2 shows is $325.00 also the majority of lowers are that price, and the Ticketmaster fees on top of that were $52.50 a ticket making it almost a $400 ticket, in the balcony in some cases.

Not resale. Actual face value, blue dots on the map.

Check out the map

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/u2-experience-innocence-tour-2018-new-york-new-york-06-26-2018/event/3B00535EF2414332?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&tm_link=search_msg-0_3B00535EF2414332

Look at for example section 211, check out the blue dots, they are $331.00 plus fees, and the group of 8 together in row 3 is "limited view" for that price (shockingly they haven't sold)

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    JH6056 said:
    Poncier said:
    JH6056 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

No there are cheaper seats, but the point is that face value of some balcony seats for this year's U2 shows is $325.00 also the majority of lowers are that price, and the Ticketmaster fees on top of that were $52.50 a ticket making it almost a $400 ticket, in the balcony in some cases.

Not resale. Actual face value, blue dots on the map.

Check out the map

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/u2-experience-innocence-tour-2018-new-york-new-york-06-26-2018/event/3B00535EF2414332?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&tm_link=search_msg-0_3B00535EF2414332

Look at for example section 211, check out the blue dots, they are $331.00 plus fees, and the group of 8 together in row 3 is "limited view" for that price (shockingly they haven't sold)

I've been trying to say other prime artists charge much more for prime seats in my little city. Been getting some pushback. But it's there, go to TM, see U2 at msg this summer for $350 face for upper level seats.

What I don't get about PJ is they price every ticket the same, but treat the value very differently. In other words if you weren't here in 1999, you ain't getting a good seat, ever. Yet they all cost the same

Are they all worth the same, or are the good seats so valuable, only a select few can ever get access? I'm confused.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

same here at giants stadium.  this year I have ga again for the same exact price in an arena right outside of nyc.

Such a stadium with that name no longer exists. It's 51% puke green now. Cuz. Field color.