Options

New Ticket Policy Changes Simplified

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,239
    U2 does it weird.   They always do their floor GA, and sell the GA tickets at a reasonable price.   Then they charge a fortune for seated seats.    The trick to U2 was always to buy a fan membership and use it to buy GA tickets.

I agree that PJ tickets aren't really out of line.   Ticket prices really started to spike up again the last few years.  Metallica tickets over $200 (for good tickets), GNR was $250 for good tickets etc... 

Foo Fighters are cheaper though.  $243 Canadian for a pair of tickets, and they sent me presale access for free :)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    What will happen if you accidentally drop you phone day of show or lose it , what would happen then how can 10C help on the day of ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    What will happen if you accidentally drop you phone day of show or lose it , what would happen then how can 10C help on the day of ? 
    Better go get a new phone lol... A lot of ifs in that story though.  Lose you phone often?
  • Options
    Ticket prices have risen over the last few years to make up for the fact that artists cannot sell albums any more since people generally get all music for free on the line
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2018
    Ticket prices have risen over the last few years to make up for the fact that artists cannot sell albums any more since people generally get all music for free on the line

Bingo. I agree. But I chose to pay for every digital album. Old school. 

PJs model is a little different. Due to their membership revenue, they have somewhat insulated themselves from this market reality.

By charging significantly less for prime seats, they have developed an enormously loyal fanbase. That will ride it out with them til the end.

Definitely smart business moves, but really chucks that most fans are iced out of the best seats forever.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    Day 2 and it's really looking like they have more tix than usual (all reserved odds still at 99%)
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    Day 2 and it's really looking like they have more tix than usual (all reserved odds still at 99%)
    If Fenway holds @ 99% everyone gets in and that is great but where are they going to stick me? Also if it drops how am I going to juggle that with Wrigley. Come on Monday!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    If Fenway holds @ 99% everyone gets in and that is great but where are they going to stick me? Also if it drops how am I going to juggle that with Wrigley. Come on Monday!
    Good point- I've already accepted that my seats will suck.  But I've been within the top ten rows of the stage 5 times and top twenty rows another 5 times so I can't complain.  
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    derbydave said:
    lolobugg said:
    derbydave said:
    lolobugg said:
    derbydave said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wow, lots of talk about higher prices. Compared to other bands, they are the cheapest ticket for a major act.

Now, to charge the same price for front of house and nose bleeds? There's something worth mentioning.
    I'm not even complaining, but I have to disagree. These aren't cheap for a major act. I've seen many major acts recently for way less than that.

Comparable bands that have been around nearly 30 years that easily sell out charge $200-$1000 for front of house tickets.
    Some. But others that are just as comparable have $80 GA tickets (U2 for example), so I don't think that the whole "but so-and-so overcharges too" excuse is a very good one personally, lol. Two wrongs don't make a right!
    We Must live in different cities.

U2 msg was $330+SC each for upper deck later this year on TM. I wish I was joking. 
    Crazy. I was about 7 feet from the stage for the Joshua Tree tour last year and my tickets were about $76 CAD each, plus fees (still under $100 CAD).

I paid $35 for tickets in the upper level for the U2-Joshua Tree show in Cleveland last year and really enjoyed it.
    We had a perfect view of the "satellite" stage they opened the show on...
    and LOVED being able to see the whole screen behind the band for the main stage portion of the show!!

Dave,

PJ trying to put me in debtors prison here.... :lol:

We already have tickets for the 2 London shows...
    and hoping to score for both Seattle shows, Missoula & Wrigley 1.
    I guess the lack of shows last year really helped me replenish the old tour fund!!! :wink:

that's a great way of looking at it!

so you are thinking about doing Wrigley after all?

LeeAnn talked me in to doing Wrigley 1.
    After running thru all of the expenses for this trip,
    we decided it would be easier & much more affordable to rent a car here in Columbus and drive out to Seattle.
    We did all the calculations...
    It was going to cost us around $600 each to fly out to Seattle,
    $1000 to rent a round trip car for the time we would need it to do the Seattle & Missoula shows...
    or $2000 if we did a one-way rental car and flew home from Missoula.
    That was actually a good option for flights, but the 2K rental car situation put a big NO on that.
    I can get a round trip rental car here in Columbus for the 18 days we'll need it for a little over $500...
    and that allows us to pick up the Wrigley show.
    We're gonna spend a whole week in Seattle,
    and then stopping to visit all the tourist attractions on the drive back to Chicago.
    LeeAnn has never been west of the Mississippi River and she's looking forward to the roadtrip.

glad to hear it, man.

I believe that we are road-tripping it to Chicago to cut costs.

still thinking about flying to Boston too.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    PJNB said:
    can you please explain to me this odds thing?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Lol. One thing I just thought of though why does 10 club charge top prices for balcony seats and grandstand seats when the public sale has tiered pricing or am I remembering that wrong?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Lol. One thing I just thought of though why does 10 club charge top prices for balcony seats and grandstand seats when the public sale has tiered pricing or am I remembering that wrong?
    If seat assignment happens closer to the show, would be hard to manage different pricing tiers. Especially with 4 lottery rows.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    If seat assignment happens closer to the show, would be hard to manage different pricing tiers. Especially with 4 lottery rows.
    Charging 10 club members top prices for shitty seats is not right either though imo. Hard to work around unless they did what they did in 2013 for Wrigley but still hard to sit by a public sale fan that payed a lot less. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Charging 10 club members top prices for shitty seats is not right either though imo. Hard to work around unless they did what they did in 2013 for Wrigley but still hard to sit by a public sale fan that payed a lot less. 
    Cheapest Safeco ticket is $92 before fees. What is 10C charging? Wrigley/Fenway not posted yet.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Cheapest Safeco ticket is $92 before fees. What is 10C charging? Wrigley/Fenway not posted yet.
     Seattle is 259$ all in for a pair. Looks like a 20$ difference per ticket roughly. Not the end of the world and worth it for me since you are pretty much guaranteed a seat. Still wish it was tiered somehow after the fact. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
     Seattle is 259$ all in for a pair. Looks like a 20$ difference per ticket roughly. Not the end of the world and worth it for me since you are pretty much guaranteed a seat. Still wish it was tiered somehow after the fact. 
    Yeah, will have to see the all-in price to truly compare. With only 2 levels it's also possible none of the 10C seats are in $92 sections.
  • Options
    markhammmarkhamm i come from the mountain Posts: 79
    if dont have smartphone,10c will sort it  fopr u,just email them after u win the 10c tickets
    Thank You for this. I have a smartphone, it just isn't Android or iOS. 
    Never has gravity been so uplifting.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2018
    pjl44 said
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Opening up multiple categories for reserved seats (lower or upper, for ex) especially for Fenway with it's one option and no ga, would have addressed this

Each category could have been set at a different price

Would have made the strategy alot more interesting and have the seat fairer priced and closer to it's true value
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,212
    ok I'm going to ask two stupid questions.

When and how do they get our smart phone # to send tickets if we win? I didn't see anywhere when i put my choices in.

Also if I win 10C tickets can I still get extra tickets to the same show via Ticketmaster?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    pjhawks said:

When and how do they get our smart phone # to send tickets if we win? I didn't see anywhere when i put my choices in.

Also if I win 10C tickets can I still get extra tickets to the same show via Ticketmaster?
    They'll give us those details if we win the tix, and yes, you can still get TM tix if you have 10C tix.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,212
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:

They'll give us those details if we win the tix, and yes, you can still get TM tix if you have 10C tix.
    thanks for the quick response. much appreciated.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

"Mobile only tickets: No physical tickets. No mobile phone number required. Tickets will be accessible through your smartphone web browser. Step-by-Step instructions on how to access the tickets on your smartphone via a provided secure online account will be emailed to you in early July."

• Options
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:

"Mobile only tickets: No physical tickets. No mobile phone number required. Tickets will be accessible through your smartphone web browser. Step-by-Step instructions on how to access the tickets on your smartphone via a provided secure online account will be emailed to you in early July."

I absolutely love that we will now our seats two months before the show as opposed to the day of
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:

I absolutely love that we will now our seats two months before the show as opposed to the day of
    Agreed. It's the same exciting feeling that came with opening the envelope just two months early.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:

Yep! That’s a serious plus.  Also, we get to check out the forum in early July when people shit themselves over their seat locations!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:

I like that, and as I have said a lot.... I like the 'you buy it, you better use the ticket(s)' policy....

But itll kind of suck if I get the back of the floor somewhere and cant within the rules find a seated area.  Seat.  Im 5'5", so back of the floor is basically a show-ruiner.  At least picking the tickets up day of the show, its a 'thems the breaks' kind of thing.  Now, Ill have to fester for months.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,505
    Sorry if this has been answered, but when do cards get charged if you win shows?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Sorry if this has been answered, but when do cards get charged if you win shows?
    Immediately. Sometimes people see the charge on their card before they get the confirmation email.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,505
    pjl44 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Immediately. Sometimes people see the charge on their card before they get the confirmation email.
    Thanks!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Yep this is how I have known I've won in the past
    severed hand thirteen