So no holiday single at all in 2017.

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    edited December 2017
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I guess I’m of the mind that the band has given me way more than my money’s worth at everyone one of the 44 shows I’ve seen so I’m not concerned with what they owe me to point that I’m trying to hold them to how a “transaction works”.  If the band only gave us what they “owe” us we definitely would not get 3 hour shows night after night for the price of an $85 ticket.  Most bands call it quits after two hours and charge twice as much. 
    Apples and oranges. Concert tickets have a price tag. Membership has a price tag. Each one is a separate product/service to be provided for an agreed upon amount of money. Just because they're being provided by the same vendor, one has absolutely ZERO to do with the other.
    They’re not vendors. It’s music.  Not widgets.
    If you ask for money for a thing, then get your act together and deliver it. And if they cannot for whatever reason - then communicate with your customers in a transparent manner. If they stopped hiding under a rock in 2017 when communication with a fanbase is as easy as writing 140 characters on your iPhone things would get a lot easier around here.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I guess I’m of the mind that the band has given me way more than my money’s worth at everyone one of the 44 shows I’ve seen so I’m not concerned with what they owe me to point that I’m trying to hold them to how a “transaction works”.  If the band only gave us what they “owe” us we definitely would not get 3 hour shows night after night for the price of an $85 ticket.  Most bands call it quits after two hours and charge twice as much. 
    Apples and oranges. Concert tickets have a price tag. Membership has a price tag. Each one is a separate product/service to be provided for an agreed upon amount of money. Just because they're being provided by the same vendor, one has absolutely ZERO to do with the other.
    The minute they put a price tag on a product or service, be it a musical recording, a poster, a dog collar, or tennis shoes, they ARE, by definition, a VENDOR. Unless they give away their "product" for free, then sure...they owe us NOTHING. Let me be clear that I am voicing my opinion strictly as a consumer. My opinion of the band, their music, and their live shows is completely separate. You are fortunate in that you've seen the band 44 times and feel that they've "given you your money's worth." I also feel that in regards to every show I've been fortunate to attend. But like HesCalledDyer said, "if I paid $40 for x, y, and z" then give us x, y, and z. It's not the thing. It's the principal of the thing.

• Couldn’t agree more.  66 times for me since 1993. But you expect a little more professionalism from a fan club that has been around for 25 years or so. I have called and they will get to it is always the answer I get. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    edited December 2017
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

The minute they put a price tag on a product or service, be it a musical recording, a poster, a dog collar, or tennis shoes, they ARE, by definition, a VENDOR. Unless they give away their "product" for free, then sure...they owe us NOTHING. Let me be clear that I am voicing my opinion strictly as a consumer. My opinion of the band, their music, and their live shows is completely separate. You are fortunate in that you've seen the band 44 times and feel that they've "given you your money's worth." I also feel that in regards to every show I've been fortunate to attend. But like HesCalledDyer said, "if I paid $40 for x, y, and z" then give us x, y, and z. It's not the thing. It's the principal of the thing.
    To be more specific, I said that the band has given me MORE than my money’s worth.  I like to view the situation in totality and I feel like I’ve come out way ahead in terms of what I’ve paid for and what I’ve received.  Life is way to short to get so worked up about this situation.  Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

If you ask for money for a thing, then get your act together and deliver it. And if they cannot for whatever reason - then communicate with your customers in a transparent manner. If they stopped hiding under a rock in 2017 when communication with a fanbase is as easy as writing 140 characters on your iPhone things would get a lot easier around here.
    I would love for them to communicate better.   But they have never communicated well and we are all aware of that when we renew our memberships. 

I am definitely a ten club apologist and while I want the single in my hands as soon as possible and I’m always full of curiosity about what each year will bring, I also set my expectations appropriately.  

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

Yep it is the band that moves at a snails pace. I guess I simply think they have earned that right. And in 2016 we got shows and no single. In 2017 we got no shows and a single. I will take 2016 every time no matter what is listed in the fan club benefits.
    When will everyone understand that it's not a matter of "being ok" with it? You're fine with paying for something and not getting it? Great! I'm not, I have to work hard for my money. Also, it's not a matter of preferring singles or shows. And I'm sorry, but the band did not earn the right to just not deliver what they are charging for. It's really annoying that so many people here just prefer to shrug their shoulders and say "whatever, this band is the best band ever!!!". I guess that it's for those people that the 10C is working now. 

mcgruff10 said:
    I am a digital member so I have no horse in this race
    You do have a horse in this race. As a digital member you're entitled to a digital version of the Deep magazine and the Ten Club Single every year and you didn't get that. The difference for the analog membership is that with the analog membership you'll also get physical copies of those (plus the usual ugly t-shirt). 
    While I agree with you in theory, I just dont agree with the outrage.  Maybe I’m reading into your post, but it comes across as really hostile.  I’m happy the band brings it every night on tour and never mails it in. If they are slackers when it comes to delivering the annual single I can live with it. 
    If you gave your friend $40.00 to buy you something, and they never delivered, would you want your money back? I don't consider that outrage.
    Eh... not an exact analogy.   If you’re really that wounded about it I would write them an email and request a refund. 
    I'm not. I'm just agreeing that if people paid for something, the band owes it to them. Thats how transactions work.
    you are the perfect mark for big business too.
    so you have never complained about:
    1. your cable or satellite bill
    2. receiving a defect product
    3. your insurance rates going up after an accident?

man, i wish i dealt with more people like you when i worked in retail

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

Yep it is the band that moves at a snails pace. I guess I simply think they have earned that right. And in 2016 we got shows and no single. In 2017 we got no shows and a single. I will take 2016 every time no matter what is listed in the fan club benefits.
    When will everyone understand that it's not a matter of "being ok" with it? You're fine with paying for something and not getting it? Great! I'm not, I have to work hard for my money. Also, it's not a matter of preferring singles or shows. And I'm sorry, but the band did not earn the right to just not deliver what they are charging for. It's really annoying that so many people here just prefer to shrug their shoulders and say "whatever, this band is the best band ever!!!". I guess that it's for those people that the 10C is working now. 

mcgruff10 said:
    You do have a horse in this race. As a digital member you're entitled to a digital version of the Deep magazine and the Ten Club Single every year and you didn't get that. The difference for the analog membership is that with the analog membership you'll also get physical copies of those (plus the usual ugly t-shirt). 
    While I agree with you in theory, I just dont agree with the outrage.  Maybe I’m reading into your post, but it comes across as really hostile.  I’m happy the band brings it every night on tour and never mails it in. If they are slackers when it comes to delivering the annual single I can live with it. 
    If you gave your friend $40.00 to buy you something, and they never delivered, would you want your money back? I don't consider that outrage.
    Eh... not an exact analogy.   If you’re really that wounded about it I would write them an email and request a refund. 
    I'm not. I'm just agreeing that if people paid for something, the band owes it to them. Thats how transactions work.

When I have an issue as a consumer I contact the company directly.  I don’t bellyache on a forum.  And if they don’t respond in a satisfactory way I then take my business elsewhere.  It seems like you are the “perfect mark” here.  You are apparently extremely unhappy with the ten club yet you continue to patronize the company with your business.  

• If some people have received the vinyl, why aren’t there MP3 downloads on my tenclub member profile yet?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • statchwecstatchwec Des Moines, IA Posts: 23
    If some people have received the vinyl, why aren’t there MP3 downloads on my tenclub member profile yet?
    This.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    on2legs said:
    lolobugg said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

mcgruff10 said:

When I have an issue as a consumer I contact the company directly.  I don’t bellyache on a forum.  And if they don’t respond in a satisfactory way I then take my business elsewhere.  It seems like you are the “perfect mark” here.  You are apparently extremely unhappy with the ten club yet you continue to patronize the company with your business.  
    people do contact directly. Often responses are less than satisfactory. There is no competing PJ fan club, so poor example
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    I became analog again a few weeks ago.  I guess whether i get this record or not tells me if this is for 2016 folks or 2017 folks
  • I would stop engaging on2legs. He/she said it, he/she is a ten club apologist, there’s nothing anyone can say that the response won’t be Ten club does no wrong 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    on2legs said:
    lolobugg said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

mcgruff10 said:

It is funny/ironic as hell how many people do bitch about the ten club but they continue to pay yearly fees to maintain their fan club numbers lol. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The ten club can be a tough habit to break 
    edited January 2018
    I would stop engaging on2legs. He/she said it, he/she is a ten club apologist, there’s nothing anyone can say that the response won’t be Ten club does no wrong 
    The ten club does do wrong.  I just put it in perspective and don’t get all wound up about a piece of vinyl.  I also realize that 99% percent of the delay is on the band.... not on the peeps working 9 to 5 in the warehouse.  No one in the ten club management is going to tell Eddie Vedder to get his ass in gear and pick a song.... yet some people are acting like it’s the club’s fault. 
    Post edited by on2legs on

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    on2legs said:
    I would stop engaging on2legs. He/she said it, he/she is a ten club apologist, there’s nothing anyone can say that the response won’t be Ten club does no wrong 
    The ten club does do wrong.  I just put it in perspective and don’t get all wound up about a piece of vinyl.  I also realize that 99% percent of the delay is on the band.... not on the peeps working 9 to 5 in the warehouse.  No one in the ten club management is going to tell Eddie Vedder to get his ass in gear and pick a song.... yet some people are acting like it’s the club’s fault. 

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Most of us realize the band is only semi-active (at best) at this point. Doesn't mean the club can't communicate 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,985
    on2legs said:
    True. But I think the number of complaints would drastically be reduced with just a little communication. That is on the 10c.
    of course there's still be complaints if they said "were stilll waiting for Ed to return our calls about a song selection" but at least we'd know what's up, and if this is the 2016 single or not and if they just intend to skip a year or always be a full year behind (which is essentially the same thing).
  • pjfan98pjfan98 Posts: 50
    I’ll say it again because it is simple. You pay for something you expect to get what you paid for in a timely fashion. We all love this band. Wouldn’t be on here if we didn’t.  It is a simple obligation from a consumer standpoint to provide us with what we paid for each year. It can not be glossed over or apologized for or whatever term you want to use.  If it is the people running the club or the band that is causing the delay. They need to hear or in this case read that people are unhappy. I’d like to think they still care whoever they may be. Just treat your members who pay hard earned money to stay in this club, the respect and goods they deserve and stop with the lackadaisical attitude or at least give a reasonable explanation as to the cause of all the delays. I feel after twenty five years and thousands of dollars spent, yes by choice, that I at least am entitled to that. And if you don’t like the term entitled then tell me what would be more appropriate........
  • pjfan98 said:
    I’ll say it again because it is simple. You pay for something you expect to get what you paid for in a timely fashion. We all love this band. Wouldn’t be on here if we didn’t.  It is a simple obligation from a consumer standpoint to provide us with what we paid for each year. It can not be glossed over or apologized for or whatever term you want to use.  If it is the people running the club or the band that is causing the delay. They need to hear or in this case read that people are unhappy. I’d like to think they still care whoever they may be. Just treat your members who pay hard earned money to stay in this club, the respect and goods they deserve and stop with the lackadaisical attitude or at least give a reasonable explanation as to the cause of all the delays. I feel after twenty five years and thousands of dollars spent, yes by choice, that I at least am entitled to that. And if you don’t like the term entitled then tell me what would be more appropriate........

You are correct; however, this laissez-faire attitude is nothing new. The 10C operation isn't going to change because people want them to. They're doing it as they see fit to do it.

So, the consumer has a choice to make- pay their dues knowing what to expect or don't pay and avoid the situation.

So 'choice' is the best term to use in my mind.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    NewJPage said:
    on2legs said:
    lolobugg said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

mcgruff10 said:

people do contact directly. Often responses are less than satisfactory. There is no competing PJ fan club, so poor example
    I have nothing to add here, I just want to see how deep this nest of quotes can go
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
    Mike D88 said:
    NewJPage said:
    on2legs said:
    lolobugg said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

mcgruff10 said:

people do contact directly. Often responses are less than satisfactory. There is no competing PJ fan club, so poor examplei
    I have nothing to add here, I just want to see how deep this nest of quotes can go
    It’s like Inception.... spend too much time here and you’ll never make it out. 

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    So who won the argument?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    All of these posts are helping.  I can tell.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    E.K said:
    I'm a Digital member and haven't received a Deep Magazine or a Single to download since 2015.  If this continues I won't be renewing my membership when it's due on November 30, 2018. :angry:

The 2016 is the one you'll be able to download soon. You'll then be back on schedule.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    pjfan98 said:

You are correct; however, this laissez-faire attitude is nothing new. The 10C operation isn't going to change because people want them to. They're doing it as they see fit to do it.

So, the consumer has a choice to make- pay their dues knowing what to expect or don't pay and avoid the situation.

Just becuse the "laissez-faire attitude is nothing new", or because it "isn't going to change" doesn't make it right or mean that we have to accept it.

We do have a 'choice' - and it doesn't have to be either continuing to pay dues and accepting everything as is, or simply not paying and leaving the fan club.

Let me present a third option: remaining a member, while holding the fan club and its management accountable to provide PAID FOR goods and services within a reasonable amount of time, and to communicate and provide some sense of customer service for their DUES PAYING MEMBERS. Saying that poor service is par for the course, and that it's a "take it or leave it" situation is complete B.S.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • pjfan98 said:

Just becuse the "laissez-faire attitude is nothing new", or because it "isn't going to change" doesn't make it right or mean that we have to accept it.

We do have a 'choice' - and it doesn't have to be either continuing to pay dues and accepting everything as is, or simply not paying and leaving the fan club.

Let me present a third option: remaining a member, while holding the fan club and its management accountable to provide PAID FOR goods and services within a reasonable amount of time, and to communicate and provide some sense of customer service for their DUES PAYING MEMBERS. Saying that poor service is par for the course, and that it's a "take it or leave it" situation is complete B.S.
    I agree with you. This is a business and they owe us a credit or need to deliver what was promised ASAP. Enough excuses, I think we should all get a $20 credit.  I haven’t even gotten my 2016 holiday single yet.
    pjfan98 said:

I agree with you. This is a business and they owe us a credit or need to deliver what was promised ASAP. Enough excuses, I think we should all get a $20 credit.  I haven’t even gotten my 2016 holiday single yet.
    I can’t get worked up over $20.  I remember when Pear Jam was the biggest band on the planet and I only had to pay $18 to see them. They could have charged whatever they wanted and still sold out every venue.  So I can’t get worked up over a late 45 record... they’ve earned my loyalty. 

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203
    kramer73 said:
    Definitely have noticed a shift in the PJ force. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    edited January 2018
    on2legs said:
    pjfan98 said:

I can’t get worked up over $20.  I remember when Pear Jam was the biggest band on the planet and I only had to pay $18 to see them. They could have charged whatever they wanted and still sold out every venue.  So I can’t get worked up over a late 45 record... they’ve earned my loyalty. 
    But can you understand that other people think that 10C should deliver on their "promises" they are charging for and if fucking up (for whatever reason) communicate (better)? Do 10C have any reason to not be more transparent? Etc.

And the "conflict" is with 10C not working as good as they could/should, not with the band. I see them as two different entities. But I guess you could see them as the one and the same.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    tbergs said:
    kramer73 said:
    Definitely have noticed a shift in the PJ force. 
    Sorry, I was being sarcastic.  These posts aren't doing anything, and I"m surprised they even let it continue.