Options

So no holiday single at all in 2017.

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    FR181798 said:
    pjfan98 said:
    I started this post and couldn’t agree more with the last few. We love these guys. It’s not about that.  It’s poor business practice to do things the way they do.....listening Tim bierman????  The band needs to realize the ball has been dropped here and owe an apology at the least.  They are asking for trouble not giving us what we PAY for. 
    In fairness I don't think the band are very involved in things like the release of the fanclub stuff. This is a 10c/ management issue I would have thought.
    I think it’s the complete opposite.  I think the ten club is at the mercy of the band picking the songs and approving the art work.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

Yep it is the band that moves at a snails pace. I guess I simply think they have earned that right. And in 2016 we got shows and no single. In 2017 we got no shows and a single. I will take 2016 every time no matter what is listed in the fan club benefits.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    ComeToTX said:
    The stuff they send us is a bonus whenever it arrives. I’m in the club to buy tickets. Getting a fan club newsletter isn’t as important at 37 as it was at 15. 
    It isn't a bonus.  It's part of the annual membership benefits THEY are supposed to provide.  That's fine if it's not important to you and all you're in the club for is to buy tickets.  That's your choice.  Most of us want what we pay for, and it'd be real nice to get it in the year we pay for it for a change.  If they said "Give us $40 and we might send you something if and when we feel like it," then sure, anything that arrives is a bonus.  You sign up knowing you probably won't get anything from it.  But that isn't the terms provided under membership here.  When they state "Give us $40 and we'll give you x, y, & z" then we deserve x, y, & z and not just whenever they feel bothered to do so.  The complacency of fans that are okay with that type of practice isn't helping the issue.  No other fan club operates this way, and if they did, I doubt it would be received with such indifference.

Exactly.  It's getting pretty ridiculous at this point.  The more you read about other big time bands and their fan clubs, the more frustrating the 10c gets.  The lack of communication and snarky responses from them when people reach out with questions seems to be the norm these days unfortunately.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    tbergs said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Cool. I was giving my opinion on it. I know others really want it and that’s cool. I gave all my singles away last year because I never listened to them but I’m sure I’m in the minority. 
    That's fine, but your opinion included presenting false information about the benefits of an analog membership being a bonus. You get to buy tickets with a digital membership too. I'm actually baffled by all the people flushing the extra money down the drain without caring. Maybe it's because of all that money we'll be getting back on our taxes now :wink:
    Saying it was a bonus was my opinion so yes, I was posting my opinion. From now on I’ll post a disclaimer for you. Here’s hoping you get your stuff soon. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    FR181798 said:
    pjfan98 said:
    I started this post and couldn’t agree more with the last few. We love these guys. It’s not about that.  It’s poor business practice to do things the way they do.....listening Tim bierman????  The band needs to realize the ball has been dropped here and owe an apology at the least.  They are asking for trouble not giving us what we PAY for. 
    In fairness I don't think the band are very involved in things like the release of the fanclub stuff. This is a 10c/ management issue I would have thought.
    I think it’s the complete opposite.  I think the ten club is at the mercy of the band picking the songs and approving the art work.  
    Yeah its been mentioned before that Tim or whomever has to hound the guys to get this done most years.  And if the rumors are true that there were unexpected production issues with the newsletter, that can also explain the delay.

All TC has to do is post an email and say "About the Holiday singles...we've had production issues, blah blah blah.  This is why things were delayed.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Here are two free tickets to any Pearl Jam show on the next tour."  Kidding about the last part, but you know a simple "We understand you're frustrated, so here's what happened..." is all that's needed from them really.  
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    FR181798 said:
    pjfan98 said:
    Yeah its been mentioned before that Tim or whomever has to hound the guys to get this done most years.  And if the rumors are true that there were unexpected production issues with the newsletter, that can also explain the delay.

All TC has to do is post an email and say "About the Holiday singles...we've had production issues, blah blah blah.  This is why things were delayed.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Here are two free tickets to any Pearl Jam show on the next tour."  Kidding about the last part, but you know a simple "We understand you're frustrated, so here's what happened..." is all that's needed from them really.  
    I think the production delay is code for the band is taking longer than expected to make their choices.  I don’t see the ten club sending an email that says sorry there’s a delay but the band is taking their sweet time picking a song. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    FR181798 said:
    pjfan98 said:

I think the production delay is code for the band is taking longer than expected to make their choices.  I don’t see the ten club sending an email that says sorry there’s a delay but the band is taking their sweet time picking a song. 
    That would be kinda hilarious, because I guarantee whomever sends that email will have worked their last day in the office.  =D
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    on2legs said: by
    FR181798 said:
    pjfan98 said:
    Regardless, it's not up to the band to apologise. Customer service is a 10c/ management issue, its one of the things they are paid for. They should be keeping 10c members updated. So who's to blame for the terrible 10c tshirts.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    Let’s cut to the chase...it’s Stone’s fault. 

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    on2legs said: by
    FR181798 said:
    pjfan98 said:
    Regardless, it's not up to the band to apologise. Customer service is a 10c/ management issue, its one of the things they are paid for. They should be keeping 10c members updated. So who's to blame for the terrible 10c tshirts.
    I’m not defending the lack of communication.  I’m just saying that I doubt any of the delay is the fault of the employees at the Ten Club. And it seems kind of ridiculous that some people are ripping them here when they are probably just taking the bullet on behalf of the band. 

• Options
    To be honest Im not interested in blame, I think everyone would just liked some better communication. They provide a newsletter but any updates on these matters is vague to say the least.
  • Options
    Perhaps. But I have heard Jeff say they are involved in all the fan club stuff. They always have the pulse of what is going on and especially are aware of what is posted here. I hope they are listening this time too
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    To be honest Im not interested in blame, I think everyone would just liked some better communication. They provide a newsletter but any updates on these matters is vague to say the least.
    Ok... I was just responding to your post where you asked who was to blame. 

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    I am a digital member so I have no horse in this race but if you are analog member and are paying $40 a year with the promise of an annual vinyl and deep magazine then pearl jam should come through with this promise no questions asked.  Yes it is not the end of the world but people are paying $40 a year with the expectation of getting an annual single.  Since one was not delivered in 2016 maybe ten club could send out a free download code for a bootleg or some sort of credit to buy something in the shop to make things right.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I think as someone else mentioned, 10c always deliver in the end. Far from ideal though. I've had quite good service by email recently in regards to changing orders, questions etc. and although I don't like the design of the 2017 t shirt. It came in less than two weeks which was impressive.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    prlprl Posts: 125
    Get_Right said:

Yep it is the band that moves at a snails pace. I guess I simply think they have earned that right. And in 2016 we got shows and no single. In 2017 we got no shows and a single. I will take 2016 every time no matter what is listed in the fan club benefits.
    When will everyone understand that it's not a matter of "being ok" with it? You're fine with paying for something and not getting it? Great! I'm not, I have to work hard for my money. Also, it's not a matter of preferring singles or shows. And I'm sorry, but the band did not earn the right to just not deliver what they are charging for. It's really annoying that so many people here just prefer to shrug their shoulders and say "whatever, this band is the best band ever!!!". I guess that it's for those people that the 10C is working now. 

mcgruff10 said:
    I am a digital member so I have no horse in this race
    You do have a horse in this race. As a digital member you're entitled to a digital version of the Deep magazine and the Ten Club Single every year and you didn't get that. The difference for the analog membership is that with the analog membership you'll also get physical copies of those (plus the usual ugly t-shirt). 
  • Options
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

When will everyone understand that it's not a matter of "being ok" with it? You're fine with paying for something and not getting it? Great! I'm not, I have to work hard for my money. Also, it's not a matter of preferring singles or shows. And I'm sorry, but the band did not earn the right to just not deliver what they are charging for. It's really annoying that so many people here just prefer to shrug their shoulders and say "whatever, this band is the best band ever!!!". I guess that it's for those people that the 10C is working now. 

mcgruff10 said:
    You do have a horse in this race. As a digital member you're entitled to a digital version of the Deep magazine and the Ten Club Single every year and you didn't get that. The difference for the analog membership is that with the analog membership you'll also get physical copies of those (plus the usual ugly t-shirt). 
    While I agree with you in theory, I just dont agree with the outrage.  Maybe I’m reading into your post, but it comes across as really hostile.  I’m happy the band brings it every night on tour and never mails it in. If they are slackers when it comes to delivering the annual single I can live with it. 

• Options
    Said it many times....it’s the fact fees went up for the reason of making a better ticket system after the “sabatoge” day’s people should be bitching about.  They replaced the old system with ping pong balls.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Said it many times....it’s the fact fees went up for the reason of making a better ticket system after the “sabatoge” day’s people should be bitching about.  They replaced the old system with ping pong balls.

ping pong balls trading higher on the futures market since then.

gonna need that extra $20 a year.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    lolobugg said:

ping pong balls trading higher on the futures market since then.

gonna need that extra $20 a year.

:lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    on2legs said:
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

mcgruff10 said:
    While I agree with you in theory, I just dont agree with the outrage.  Maybe I’m reading into your post, but it comes across as really hostile.  I’m happy the band brings it every night on tour and never mails it in. If they are slackers when it comes to delivering the annual single I can live with it. 
    If you gave your friend $40.00 to buy you something, and they never delivered, would you want your money back? I don't consider that outrage.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    If y’all are looking for some cool 10”es to grab you could do worse than this

Post edited by dancinacrossthewater on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    on2legs said:
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

mcgruff10 said:
    If you gave your friend $40.00 to buy you something, and they never delivered, would you want your money back? I don't consider that outrage.
    Eh... not an exact analogy.   If you’re really that wounded about it I would write them an email and request a refund. 
    Post edited by on2legs on

• Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

mcgruff10 said:
    Eh... not an exact analogy.   If you’re really that wounded about it I would write them an email and request a refund. 
    I'm not. I'm just agreeing that if people paid for something, the band owes it to them. Thats how transactions work.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Well I'm a Digital member and I'm pissed off about it.  I have paid $40 in the past two years and received nothing except access to this forum.  
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    prl said:
    Get_Right said:

mcgruff10 said:
    I'm not. I'm just agreeing that if people paid for something, the band owes it to them. Thats how transactions work.
    I guess I’m of the mind that the band has given me way more than my money’s worth at everyone one of the 44 shows I’ve seen so I’m not concerned with what they owe me to point that I’m trying to hold them to how a “transaction works”.  If the band only gave us what they “owe” us we definitely would not get 3 hour shows night after night for the price of an $85 ticket.  Most bands call it quits after two hours and charge twice as much. 

• Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    edited December 2017
    on2legs said:

I guess I’m of the mind that the band has given me way more than my money’s worth at everyone one of the 44 shows I’ve seen so I’m not concerned with what they owe me to point that I’m trying to hold them to how a “transaction works”.  If the band only gave us what they “owe” us we definitely would not get 3 hour shows night after night for the price of an $85 ticket.  Most bands call it quits after two hours and charge twice as much. 
    Apples and oranges. Concert tickets have a price tag. Membership has a price tag. Each one is a separate product/service to be provided for an agreed upon amount of money. Just because they're being provided by the same vendor, one has absolutely ZERO to do with the other.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    We all make the choice because being a member outweighs not being one.  We know delays and shipping charges and UPS-MI are the norm but it still beats not being a member IMO  

Its a conscious choice man

im choosin’ it
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Apples and oranges. Concert tickets have a price tag. Membership has a price tag. Each one is a separate product/service to be provided for an agreed upon amount of money. Just because they're being provided by the same vendor, one has absolutely ZERO to do with the other.
    They’re not vendors. It’s music.  Not widgets.

• Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

They’re not vendors. It’s music.  Not widgets.
    The minute they put a price tag on a product or service, be it a musical recording, a poster, a dog collar, or tennis shoes, they ARE, by definition, a VENDOR. Unless they give away their "product" for free, then sure...they owe us NOTHING. Let me be clear that I am voicing my opinion strictly as a consumer. My opinion of the band, their music, and their live shows is completely separate. You are fortunate in that you've seen the band 44 times and feel that they've "given you your money's worth." I also feel that in regards to every show I've been fortunate to attend. But like HesCalledDyer said, "if I paid $40 for x, y, and z" then give us x, y, and z. It's not the thing. It's the principal of the thing.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)