Options

So no holiday single at all in 2017.

Comments

• Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 274
    kramer73 said:
    tbergs said:
    kramer73 said:
    All of these posts are helping.  I can tell.
    Definitely have noticed a shift in the PJ force. 
    Sorry, I was being sarcastic.  These posts aren't doing anything, and I"m surprised they even let it continue.

They have no grounds to close this thread. The discussion has been respectful and the topic is terribly relevant. Closing this thread, as long as it stays respectful, would simply be censoring a relevant discussion about bad business practices which were they not about Ten Club, would be welcomed with open arms.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    on2legs said:
    pjfan98 said:
    I’ll say it again because it is simple. You pay for something you expect to get what you paid for in a timely fashion. We all love this band. Wouldn’t be on here if we didn’t.  It is a simple obligation from a consumer standpoint to provide us with what we paid for each year. It can not be glossed over or apologized for or whatever term you want to use.  If it is the people running the club or the band that is causing the delay. They need to hear or in this case read that people are unhappy. I’d like to think they still care whoever they may be. Just treat your members who pay hard earned money to stay in this club, the respect and goods they deserve and stop with the lackadaisical attitude or at least give a reasonable explanation as to the cause of all the delays. I feel after twenty five years and thousands of dollars spent, yes by choice, that I at least am entitled to that. And if you don’t like the term entitled then tell me what would be more appropriate........

You are correct; however, this laissez-faire attitude is nothing new. The 10C operation isn't going to change because people want them to. They're doing it as they see fit to do it.

So, the consumer has a choice to make- pay their dues knowing what to expect or don't pay and avoid the situation.

So 'choice' is the best term to use in my mind.
    Just becuse the "laissez-faire attitude is nothing new", or because it "isn't going to change" doesn't make it right or mean that we have to accept it.

We do have a 'choice' - and it doesn't have to be either continuing to pay dues and accepting everything as is, or simply not paying and leaving the fan club.

Let me present a third option: remaining a member, while holding the fan club and its management accountable to provide PAID FOR goods and services within a reasonable amount of time, and to communicate and provide some sense of customer service for their DUES PAYING MEMBERS. Saying that poor service is par for the course, and that it's a "take it or leave it" situation is complete B.S.
    I agree with you. This is a business and they owe us a credit or need to deliver what was promised ASAP. Enough excuses, I think we should all get a $20 credit.  I haven’t even gotten my 2016 holiday single yet.
    I can’t get worked up over $20.  I remember when Pear Jam was the biggest band on the planet and I only had to pay $18 to see them. They could have charged whatever they wanted and still sold out every venue.  So I can’t get worked up over a late 45 record... they’ve earned my loyalty. 
    But why are you in here arguing with people who do get worked up over it? Can you understand that people think that 10C should deliver on their "promises" they are charging for and if fucking up (for whatever reason) communicate (better)? Do 10C have any reason to not be more transparent?

And the "conflict" is with 10C not working as good as they could/should, not with the band and how they made your 90s better. I see them as two different entities. But I guess you could see them as the one and the same.
    I think there is room for more than one point of view on a message board.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    kramer73 said:
    tbergs said:
    kramer73 said:
    All of these posts are helping.  I can tell.
    Definitely have noticed a shift in the PJ force. 
    Sorry, I was being sarcastic.  These posts aren't doing anything, and I"m surprised they even let it continue.
    Lol! I know, so was I. Happy New Year! Here's hoping this club single issue gets sorted out for all of us all waiting and wondering.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    2016 is on the way. It is being sent out by post and is actually being received by members now.

2017 will happen. 

There is always an option to discontinue paying the membership fees. People don't want to do that and I get it, but then people will continue to bitch, moan and complain that they paid fees for x number of years...

I understand being upset because you haven't received what you have paid for, but people still keep memberships they claim that they receive nothing from. (Lost ticket lotteries...hate the shirt...hate the single...hate Deep...) I am of the camp saying that if PJ is not giving you what you want, stop renewing. That will give you one less thing to bitch about.

Go buy a vinyl that will make you happy, donate the money to a worthy cause...just do something else with that membership money that will make you happy. For some, obviously 10c is not happiness for you. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    the problem with the "then don't renew your membership" argument is that they provide a service that literally no one else provides. Access to tickets to your favourite band, and their fan club merch that you can only get here or on ebay later for a usually inflated price and a risk that goes along with those transactions. 

sorry, I just don't buy the 'i can't get worked up about $20". that's laughable and it's presented as being on some moral high ground when all it is, is it's because your fan club priorities are different than others (message board, just tickets, etc). Maybe you don't care about the vinyl. Good for you. Some of us love the annual vinyl. And some of us don't get to see the band, so our entire member fee is basically the vinyl and the shirt and the remote possibility the band will come to our neck of the woods. We look forward to it every year. and it's inexplicable that a band, especially with how inactive they are, can't get it done. and if there are legit reasons, fine, but it's the lack of communication that pisses people off. they continually say nothing or say something that turns out to be flat out false. the "you'll know when the single is in production when you see the tracks in your download section of your account" is the latest in a long list of things stated that turn out to be untrue. 

everyone knows there is an inherent risk to not renewing your membership. something amazing comes up and now you aren't a member.  they don't "tweet" warnings about memberships being up to date anymore. Shit just drops. you never know with this band, which is why most people keep their memberships. Which is also why a large proportion have gone digital, so they aren't throwing their money away on something they think they may not get. 

it's tough to know if this is a 10C issue or a band issue. It could be both. It could be one or the other. No one really knows how this organization is structured. Maybe the band's management tells 10C what they can and can't say to the membership. Maybe they are autonomous. Who knows. 

But this blind loyalty "take my money, you've earned it" bullshit is hilarious. My wife has earned my loyalty over the years too, but if she takes $20 out of my wallet, damn straight I'm gonna ask her about it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I assume the digital downloads will appear later today when their office reopens. It is kinda strange though that these were mailed out before the digital versions were available.

I have no idea whether this is for 2016 or 2017 at this point. I just wanna hear the new cover.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    I think we should just end the single and have a celebrity fan death match over the single. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    Happy New Year, folks!  Hope your singles arrive ASAP =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited January 2018

I don't have the download for the Deep 2016 or 2017 magazine (whichever one people have been posting about).  Do analog members not get the download until after the mailings are all out? 

• Options
    my understanding was that all members, not just digital (I'm analog), get the digital download once the vinyl was in production. could be wrong. 

only a few people got the deep 2016 download in their account before it was pulled. they must have been testing it or something. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    the problem with the "then don't renew your membership" argument is that they provide a service that literally no one else provides. Access to tickets to your favourite band, and their fan club merch that you can only get here or on ebay later for a usually inflated price and a risk that goes along with those transactions. 

sorry, I just don't buy the 'i can't get worked up about $20". that's laughable and it's presented as being on some moral high ground when all it is, is it's because your fan club priorities are different than others (message board, just tickets, etc). Maybe you don't care about the vinyl. Good for you. Some of us love the annual vinyl. And some of us don't get to see the band, so our entire member fee is basically the vinyl and the shirt and the remote possibility the band will come to our neck of the woods. We look forward to it every year. and it's inexplicable that a band, especially with how inactive they are, can't get it done. and if there are legit reasons, fine, but it's the lack of communication that pisses people off. they continually say nothing or say something that turns out to be flat out false. the "you'll know when the single is in production when you see the tracks in your download section of your account" is the latest in a long list of things stated that turn out to be untrue. 

everyone knows there is an inherent risk to not renewing your membership. something amazing comes up and now you aren't a member.  they don't "tweet" warnings about memberships being up to date anymore. Shit just drops. you never know with this band, which is why most people keep their memberships. Which is also why a large proportion have gone digital, so they aren't throwing their money away on something they think they may not get. 

it's tough to know if this is a 10C issue or a band issue. It could be both. It could be one or the other. No one really knows how this organization is structured. Maybe the band's management tells 10C what they can and can't say to the membership. Maybe they are autonomous. Who knows. 

But this blind loyalty "take my money, you've earned it" bullshit is hilarious. My wife has earned my loyalty over the years too, but if she takes $20 out of my wallet, damn straight I'm gonna ask her about it. 
    Exactly how I feel about it. "Just drop your membership" isn't an option for anyone who likes to buy the vault vinyl's or any of the other member only items. For me it's mostly knowing that the day after I would cancel some major announcement is going to be made about some farewell tour with tickets guaranteed to members.
    I scratch my head every time someone says "They've well earned my money over the years so I can't complain." Okay, so maybe you got some good tickets 10-20 years ago for good prices early in their career (and ticket prices aren't as cheap as they used to be either). That still doesn't excuse anyone for charging for something and not delivering on it,
    It doesn't matter if this is 2016 or 2017 single, they still skipped a year whatever the decide to call it.  I joined in 1998 and that was the frist single I received at the end of that year. I should have 20 singles, and when I do finally get this one it will make only 19. For many years I would receive one at the end of that year. Its only been about the last 7 or 8 that did not come in December of the year it was for. Now it has not only become acceptable to be over a year late, but I can't believe how many say there is nothing wrong with it or come up with explanations on why it is not really late. Whatever they decide to call this one, I still don't have it. They've become so late that they have lapped themselves in what is promised. So whatever they call it I am still short a holiday single that is paid for and promised. They've become so routinely late that many to not even question it until it is 8 months late, and to others that is still unacceptable. It is now over a year late, as myself and many others still do not have it yet.
  • Options
    pjfan98 said:
    I’ll say it again because it is simple. You pay for something you expect to get what you paid for in a timely fashion. We all love this band. Wouldn’t be on here if we didn’t.  It is a simple obligation from a consumer standpoint to provide us with what we paid for each year. It can not be glossed over or apologized for or whatever term you want to use.  If it is the people running the club or the band that is causing the delay. They need to hear or in this case read that people are unhappy. I’d like to think they still care whoever they may be. Just treat your members who pay hard earned money to stay in this club, the respect and goods they deserve and stop with the lackadaisical attitude or at least give a reasonable explanation as to the cause of all the delays. I feel after twenty five years and thousands of dollars spent, yes by choice, that I at least am entitled to that. And if you don’t like the term entitled then tell me what would be more appropriate........

You are correct; however, this laissez-faire attitude is nothing new. The 10C operation isn't going to change because people want them to. They're doing it as they see fit to do it.

So, the consumer has a choice to make- pay their dues knowing what to expect or don't pay and avoid the situation.

Just becuse the "laissez-faire attitude is nothing new", or because it "isn't going to change" doesn't make it right or mean that we have to accept it.

We do have a 'choice' - and it doesn't have to be either continuing to pay dues and accepting everything as is, or simply not paying and leaving the fan club.

Let me present a third option: remaining a member, while holding the fan club and its management accountable to provide PAID FOR goods and services within a reasonable amount of time, and to communicate and provide some sense of customer service for their DUES PAYING MEMBERS. Saying that poor service is par for the course, and that it's a "take it or leave it" situation is complete B.S.

Come on.

There is a restaurant in town that serves the tastiest, made in kitchen pasta I've ever come across. The problem is the owner is a doosh. A big time doosh. So... we never go there. It sucks because man is that pasta good.

This is my choice. I can put up with his arrogance and go eat some awesome pasta... but I choose not to given I don't care to support him and his ways. I don't 'insist' he treats me like a good restaurant proprietor should- there is no third option and that is the reality to the situation.

Do I wish I already had the single? Yes. Yes I do. Does it infuriate me? No. No... it'll come. Do I wish the 10C did some things a little better? Yes. For example, shipping to Canada is exorbitant. So... I don't buy some things that I'd maybe buy given cheaper rates- my choice.

Trade offs are trade offs. You can demand accountability all you want, but I'm pretty sure the 10C will do what it will do regardless of whether people moan about the timing of the single (they've been late every year I've been a member- I don't imagine things changing anytime soon). So make your choices accordingly- you're in control of what you buy and where you buy it.

And are you suggesting a member based strike? Or are you giving 10C a stern talking to so that they read your posts and go, "You know what? This guy's right. Let's get our shit together!" 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301
    pjfan98 said:

Come on.

There is a restaurant in town that serves the tastiest, made in kitchen pasta I've ever come across. The problem is the owner is a doosh. A big time doosh. So... we never go there. It sucks because man is that pasta good.

This is my choice. I can put up with his arrogance and go eat some awesome pasta... but I choose not to given I don't care to support him and his ways. I don't 'insist' he treats me like a good restaurant proprietor should- there is no third option and that is the reality to the situation.

Do I wish I already had the single? Yes. Yes I do. Does it infuriate me? No. No... it'll come. Do I wish the 10C did some things a little better? Yes. For example, shipping to Canada is exorbitant. So... I don't buy some things that I'd maybe buy given cheaper rates- my choice.

Trade offs are trade offs. You can demand accountability all you want, but I'm pretty sure the 10C will do what it will do regardless of whether people moan about the timing of the single (they've been late every year I've been a member- I don't imagine things changing anytime soon). So make your choices accordingly- you're in control of what you buy and where you buy it.

And are you suggesting a member based strike? Or are you giving 10C a stern talking to so that they read your posts and go, "You know what? This guy's right. Let's get our shit together!" 
    Go eat pasta somewhere else. There is no other pj fan club. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    NewJPage said:
    pjfan98 said:

Come on.

Go eat pasta somewhere else. There is no other pj fan club. 

I know. Sucks eh? That's why I pinch my nostrils and pay anyways!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Well I guess no single for me in 2017. It’s 2018 and still no 2016. Just stupid. It’s really not that hard. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    So what do we do? Do we all email the 10c and ask them how they plan to make this right?
  • Options
    tell 81 and he'll badger Tim on twitter. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Prediction, no matter what the band does to make this good, some fans will be disappointed.

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    Prediction, no matter what the band does to make this good, some fans will be disappointed.

there is some truth to the idea that some people are never satisfied. this, however, is not exclusive to being a pearl jam fan. I just find there's a pretty significant amount of people here that think a large percentage of PJ fans are whiny bitches and are never satisfied with anything.  not true. all they do is complain about complaining. when I see a thread where I roll my eyes, do I chime in to showcase my moral superiority? no. I ROLL MY EYES AND MOVE ON.

you have to take into consideration:

a) the club customer service and communication are questionable at best (my personal experience-others' experience is positive, that's fine, but neither of us is alone)
    b) the band consistently shows that while they love their fans and deliver amazing live shows time and time again, they don't seem to give a shit about the fan club. I'm sorry, that's not whiny. it's not entitled. they don't have to care. it's just an observation. the Deep mag is now a throw together/away that we used to get twice a year and now it's once, with this year's and last year's being of little or no substance. and of course, the single. ah, the single. 
    c) this forum is a sounding board for fans who are both satisfied and unsatisfied with something that is band related. many people DO contact 10C directly. and when they don't get the resolution they desired, they come here to vent. that is their right. not to mention that the club itself ENCOURAGES fan engagement (Let Your Voice Be Heard thread). AND some members tend to have "inside" information so when someone starts a thread they often get the info they were looking to get from the Club. that's part of the reason for this forum. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    edited January 2018
    PB11041 said:

And others will defend it to their final breath.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    does anyone really join this club for deep and the single? i joined for one reason only: the chance for great seats. the rest is just bonus
  • Options
    Showbiz78 said:
    does anyone really join this club for deep and the single? i joined for one reason only: the chance for great seats. the rest is just bonus
    for me it's the total package: if they ever come back close to me again, it's for tickets. in the meantime, it's also the community, the single and deep. 

unfortunately, historically I've had to go secondary market or ticketmaster for tickets. fan club tickets have eluded me thus far. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PB11041 said:

there is some truth to the idea that some people are never satisfied. this, however, is not exclusive to being a pearl jam fan. I just find there's a pretty significant amount of people here that think a large percentage of PJ fans are whiny bitches and are never satisfied with anything.  not true. all they do is complain about complaining. when I see a thread where I roll my eyes, do I chime in to showcase my moral superiority? no. I ROLL MY EYES AND MOVE ON.

a) the club customer service and communication are questionable at best (my personal experience-others' experience is positive, that's fine, but neither of us is alone)
    b) the band consistently shows that while they love their fans and deliver amazing live shows time and time again, they don't seem to give a shit about the fan club. I'm sorry, that's not whiny. it's not entitled. they don't have to care. it's just an observation. the Deep mag is now a throw together/away that we used to get twice a year and now it's once, with this year's and last year's being of little or no substance. and of course, the single. ah, the single. 
    c) this forum is a sounding board for fans who are both satisfied and unsatisfied with something that is band related. many people DO contact 10C directly. and when they don't get the resolution they desired, they come here to vent. that is their right. not to mention that the club itself ENCOURAGES fan engagement (Let Your Voice Be Heard thread). AND some members tend to have "inside" information so when someone starts a thread they often get the info they were looking to get from the Club. that's part of the reason for this forum. 
    There is so much to unpack here it is quite intense.

To start, that you were able to ascertain all that from "Prediction, no matter what the band does to make this good, some fans will be disappointed." is impressive.  Really all that meant is if they put out something extra special to make up for this, what would likely occur is a thread expressing the disappointment of the items missing, the timing, the shipping cost overseas, or the five things that would have been better than what we got.

There is more than some truth to the idea that some people are never satisfied. 

Insofar as the fanclub and in particular the single which is causing some degree of social anxiety among us, they have screwed up the timing royally for the 2016 release, so much so that at first glance at photos I have seen as well as the brief moment that the latest Deep was available for download in December that it appears to all say 2017 on it.  

A) never have had a problem personally, but it does seem shipping costs really seem to be a kick in the jimmies for those outside the US which sucks.

B) I don't get the sense they don't give a shit about the fanclub because one aspect of it has had a significant hicccup.

C) I never said this wasn't a forum for fans.  I said exactly what I already reiterated which was a dig at no person in particular and could frankly be a dig at myself.  

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Showbiz78 said:
    Probably not... but they give two membership levels for a reason.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

There is so much to unpack here it is quite intense.

To start, that you were able to ascertain all that from "Prediction, no matter what the band does to make this good, some fans will be disappointed." is impressive.  Really all that meant is if they put out something extra special to make up for this, what would likely occur is a thread expressing the disappointment of the items missing, the timing, the shipping cost overseas, or the five things that would have been better than what we got.

There is more than some truth to the idea that some people are never satisfied. 

Insofar as the fanclub and in particular the single which is causing some degree of social anxiety among us, they have screwed up the timing royally for the 2016 release, so much so that at first glance at photos I have seen as well as the brief moment that the latest Deep was available for download in December that it appears to all say 2017 on it.  

A) never have had a problem personally, but it does seem shipping costs really seem to be a kick in the jimmies for those outside the US which sucks.

B) I don't get the sense they don't give a shit about the fanclub because one aspect of it has had a significant hicccup.

C) I never said this wasn't a forum for fans.  I said exactly what I already reiterated which was a dig at no person in particular and could frankly be a dig at myself.  

I know what you meant. And I responded to that comment and expanded on it based on similar comments made previously by others in this thread and elsewhere. 

it's not intense. and there's no social anxiety. people need to stop inflating this. I have seen so many comments about "gee, I wish I had such an awesome life that this is my biggest problem in the world" and "you know there are starving children in the world" ad nauseum. why must it be taken to such an extreme? if we were to apply that logic to every single personal injustice in the first world, we'd never get what we paid for simply because it's not "life and death". no one. ever. said it was. 

people are annoyed, justifiably, about a product they paid for not being sent to them. it's that simple. not one person on earth is "losing sleep" over this as has been claimed several times. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Showbiz78 said:
    Those who pay for Analog memberships most likely join for the Deep mag and single.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I went analog for the single.  I havent seen PJ live in years and years. 
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Showbiz78 said:
    If you consider it a "bonus" as part of your overall membership, that is your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but the FACT is that it is NOT a bonus. If it was not specified as an item INCLUDED with the price tag of an Analog membership, THEN it would be a bonus. I do keep my membership active so that if/when I have the opportunity to buy tickets, hopefully I can - but seeing as how the last time I was able to see them was 2013 in L.A., and they haven't played my town (Las Vegas) in nearly 12 years, then the physical single and Deep are about the ONLY benefit I have to look forward to.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Showbiz78 said:
    If you consider it a "bonus" as part of your overall membership, that is your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but the FACT is that it is NOT a bonus. If it was not specified as an item INCLUDED with the price tag of an Analog membership, THEN it would be a bonus. I do keep my membership active so that if/when I have the opportunity to buy tickets, hopefully I can - but seeing as how the last time I was able to see them was 2013 in L.A., and they haven't played my town (Las Vegas) in nearly 12 years, then the physical single and Deep are about the ONLY benefit I have to look forward to.

Tell 'em, Drumma!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Showbiz78 said:
    Definitely not a bonus in my case. I joined for the single and despite the price hike I keep it going so I can get the Vaults etc. So basically I pay $50 for the single plus the opportunity to buy any other records if I can before they sell out.

Don't want the terrible t shirts or the Deep magazine which looks great but is usually a bit sparse in terms of content. I definitely don't buy for concert tickets as they haven't played in Scotland in nearly 17 years.

I can't be the only one in this situation so I can definitely see where people are coming from. Them being a great live act has no relevance to 10c delivering what they have sold.

Was anyone ever an R.E.M fanclub member (is it still going?) how did they do?