Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    my2hands said:
    Sprunkn7 said:
    Every tour it's the same thing.  They do it every fuckin time.  I know it'll be when hell freezes over but announce the whole 2018 tour at once.  It would be like hitting the lottery! We would know what shows we want, we would know how much we have to spend, how far we will travel....we could actually PLAN something in advance instead of getting you have a week, here's your choices....for now anyway.
    100% agreed... it woukd be really nice... but im sure they want Americans to buy euro tickets before they see there is a show in their hometown a few months later
    I wonder how many fans wouldn't do both regardless?   I would think if you are traveling to Europe from the states to see PJ you would do that regardless of PJ going to the states.   
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just want some local shows and somewhere my wife and I can fly to for a long weekend.  After looking at airfare Europe might be out.  Argh.
    600$ per person everything in to Amsterdam from Newark is pretty good no? We would be on the same flight from Keflavik to Amsterdam too. 
    From where and when? That s not bad at all! I s be flying out of Newark or philly. 
    Yeah, that's not bad. I would have to really think about it though, as i'm not crazy about flying for LONG flights. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    mrk2 said:
    And a friendly reminder: next summer our country, Finland, will have suffered 25 years without a show. The only time they visited here was summer of 93 opening for Neil Young. Maybe we are due a proper show.
    I think Finland is more then due for a show. I think Finland should have a FEW shows. 25 YEARS without a show??>WOW!
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Lot of big festivals seem to be early at making announcements for next year. Let’s hope that whoever has booked PJ will also make an announcements soon in order to stay in the competition.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    Air23 said:

one_stone said:
    CopperTom said:
    mrk2 said:
    Google Translated

Good news for next summer: One of the most beloved rock bands should return to our country. Pearl Jam is about to announce a European tour, and Italy should be included with three concerts: one in Milan / surroundings, one in the northeast and one in central Italy.

This is a rumor that Rockol has collected from different sources and we give you absolute preview. But, being an indiscretion, there is still no official confirmation. In these cases the conditional is obligatory, especially given the history of the group, which in the past has proven to change ideas at the last moment.

At Rockol it appears that the dates should be at the end of June, the date "Milanese" will be within the I-Days Festival which in 2017 hosted Radiohead and Linkin Park (but could move from Monza).

The other two dates, at Rockol, may be in the stadiums. For one of the two dates, another option that is evaluated is Florence Rocks (just like last year the Radioheads did twice in the two festivals).

The last Italian tour of Pearl Jam was in 2014: San Siro, and Trieste. The band had to return in 2016. But the dates (including the Roman one, communicated in advance by mistake from the local promoter) were canceled shortly before the official announcement. The same thing happened in 2012 with Eddie Vedder: Italian dates practically closed, and then canceled just before the announcement. Vedder has finally arrived last summer with three memorable concerts in Florence and Taormina.

In short, we wait for the official announcement, with all the details missing and not yet leaked.

So Milan, Trieste and Rome?  I was hoping for Verona.
    Northeast Italy could also be Udine / Stadio Friuli or (that would be awesome but doesn't really fit the "stadium" hint) Villa Manin... but anywhere in the northeast of Italy is within an hour car ride so I'm happy with this rumor :-)

i dont think is udine or trieste that northeast
    Padova
    Padova is very pretty but please, let be Pistoia..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just want some local shows and somewhere my wife and I can fly to for a long weekend.  After looking at airfare Europe might be out.  Argh.
    600$ per person everything in to Amsterdam from Newark is pretty good no? We would be on the same flight from Keflavik to Amsterdam too. 
    From where and when? That s not bad at all! I s be flying out of Newark or philly. 
    Yeah, that's not bad. I would have to really think about it though, as i'm not crazy about flying for LONG flights. 
    Come to Europe Jim!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    Love reading this thread as it gets more frenzied by the day.

Yes we'd all like to know instantly the whole tour etc but the anticipation build up is frustrating and exciting at the same time, Dimi's snippets of rumours always stack up as credible and add to the suspense.

Looking forward to hearing the Europe dates when / IF ;) they happen and then the scramble for tickets but Im not going to panic as before as theres always been some available from fellow 10c members.

PJ2018 bring it on.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,971
    No chance for a non-festival show in Lisbon right?

well..better than nothing but still can help but feeling kinda sad about it...
  • Options
    dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    Surely Prague is due, right? RIGHT? 
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    Yeah, what about Prague?
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    a lot of iceland talk/wishes... 

we stopped over in iceland before amsterdam 14, air iceland will let you layover as long as you want and they have cheaper fares from the northeast us.  i highly recommend that. 

we said if they ever play iceland we would definitely go.. they have a massive festival for the solstice, radiohead played it last year, IF pj plays iceland, would have to think thats when they do... which on a personal note sucks as thats my wifes birthday.... 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    nycrats said:

we stopped over in iceland before amsterdam 14, air iceland will let you layover as long as you want and they have cheaper fares from the northeast us.  i highly recommend that. 

we said if they ever play iceland we would definitely go.. they have a massive festival for the solstice, radiohead played it last year, IF pj plays iceland, would have to think thats when they do... which on a personal note sucks as thats my wifes birthday.... 
    There is no iceland in the tour
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    2018... When and where in italy... ????? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    nycrats said:

Damn!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    mcgruff10 said:
    nycrats said:

Damn!  
    good to have that cleared up! here i was worrying about something that didnt exist. 

but i still maintain to stop over in iceland for a few days in the summer if youre going to some european shows.  such a cool place (with bascially 24 hours of some sort of daylight) 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Will we have to wait until the fall 2018 to see PJ in the US?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Looking all over for those tour dates..Happy Halloween!

www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    sounds like it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    martin810 said:
    Milano (festival), Padova, Roma
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    mcgruff10 said:
    nycrats said:

Damn!  
    Haha, i was thinking the same thing. I was already trying to convince my wife of going to Iceland:)
  • Options
    unless 

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    There's been lots of Prague posts, but Prague hasn't been shot down by Dimi.  I'm feeling optimistic about Prague.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    unless 

Fenway - Wrigley confirmed! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    jmug23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nycrats said:

Damn!  
    Haha, i was thinking the same thing. I was already trying to convince my wife of going to Iceland:)
    I might try to go to Iceland anyway, quick flight from the us
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 704
    unless 

are awe saying earlier in 2018? not Dec 17?
  • Options
    nalyd61 said:
    unless 

are awe saying earlier in 2018? not Dec 17?
    no clue about this year,,didnt heard anything
  • Options
    Air23 said:
    martin810 said:
    Milano (festival), Padova, Roma
    roma after 22 years...sounds like a good fun!!
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    PJNB said:
    unless 

Fenway - Wrigley confirmed! 
    I don’t know about Wrigley, but I’m fairly certain of Fenway August or September and can’t see them playing Fenway and not Wrigley. 
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    unless 

This is all I needed!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2