Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Wondering if the Canadians will need passports to see them in 2018???

Make sure yours is up to date. Wouldn't want to miss out.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Wish I knew if Hawaii was happening. We are planning on going there anyways, but I would change the dates if I knew when they are going. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    edited October 2017
    It would be nice to announce all of 2018 at one time!  You can do it PJ!

One week in Europe. 
    Two weeks in Australia/NZ
    A few days on the west coast

Would be a great year.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Lets say they play the USA in September... is 2 years between USA shows the longest the band has ever gone?  It would be 24-25 months without a show
    if i answser this....thiws place will explode..haha
    Hmmm.. Foo Fighters announced a New Year’s Eve show today.

maybe, just maybe, there’s a small surprise between now and South America?  Catch us all off guard while we’re here assuming the band isn’t playing until March
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    Lets say they play the USA in September... is 2 years between USA shows the longest the band has ever gone?  It would be 24-25 months without a show

maybe, just maybe, there’s a small surprise between now and South America?  Catch us all off guard while we’re here assuming the band isn’t playing until March
    Catch us off guard by announcing a little mini tour in December!
    Chicago, Toronto, New York, Atlanta, Houston, LA, Seattle.  Two shows in each city.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    mcgruff10 said:

Chicago, Toronto, New York, Atlanta, Houston, LA, Seattle.  Two shows in each city.
    I was thinking it would be more of a 2-4 night stand at a single venue
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    mcgruff10 said:

I was thinking it would be more of a 2-4 night stand at a single venue
    I'm down with that!  eight years ago today they played night 3 which some might argue was the best of the four night run at the spectrum.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    mcgruff10 said:

Lol.  Atlanta.  Lol.  Houston.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just want some local shows and somewhere my wife and I can fly to for a long weekend.  After looking at airfare Europe might be out.  Argh.
    600$ per person everything in to Amsterdam from Newark is pretty good no? We would be on the same flight from Keflavik to Amsterdam too. 
    From where and when? That s not bad at all! I s be flying out of Newark or philly. 
    Just put it in http://www.flighthub.com/ 

Just picked random dates for mid June and the prices look great imo. Make sure you are in USD.

I never used that web site, thank you!  
    I'm gonna be 40 in a few weeks so the travel plans for 2018 are either head out to wyoming/montana for a few days or europe for a few and see pj.  I have a big family so no way I can do both.
    I have used them multiple times but the customer service is not the best to be honest. I don't normally have any issues after I book though so I am happy with going with the lowest $$$ site and Flighthub is always it. Montana and Pearl Jam would be a good time make both work somehow!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    yes. 
    I would be surprised if BC and Alberta get zero shows next year.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    mcgruff10 said:

Wrigley in December.  Die-hards only.  Bring it.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    mcgruff10 said:

Here lies 
    Mike's fingers
    RIP
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    CopperTom said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Here lies 
    Mike's fingers
    RIP
    Um, cancelled.

RockAm/Im announced today.  Foo headlining.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    PJNB said:
    yes. 
    I would be surprised if BC and Alberta get zero shows next year.
    alberta wouldn't surprise me if they got zero, but I'm sure they'll play TO and Van, but I assumed the person asking was asking if there would be a full canadian tour. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Calgary gets a lot of love from the band.
  • Options
    a lot? A lot is a stretch. they've stopped there a total of 2 more times than my neck of the woods. and one of them was a festival. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 704
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    edited October 2017
    Google Translated

Good news for next summer: One of the most beloved rock bands should return to our country. Pearl Jam is about to announce a European tour, and Italy should be included with three concerts: one in Milan / surroundings, one in the northeast and one in central Italy.

This is a rumor that Rockol has collected from different sources and we give you absolute preview. But, being an indiscretion, there is still no official confirmation. In these cases the conditional is obligatory, especially given the history of the group, which in the past has proven to change ideas at the last moment.

At Rockol it appears that the dates should be at the end of June, the date "Milanese" will be within the I-Days Festival which in 2017 hosted Radiohead and Linkin Park (but could move from Monza).

The other two dates, at Rockol, may be in the stadiums. For one of the two dates, another option that is evaluated is Florence Rocks (just like last year the Radioheads did twice in the two festivals).

The last Italian tour of Pearl Jam was in 2014: San Siro, and Trieste. The band had to return in 2016. But the dates (including the Roman one, communicated in advance by mistake from the local promoter) were canceled shortly before the official announcement. The same thing happened in 2012 with Eddie Vedder: Italian dates practically closed, and then canceled just before the announcement. Vedder has finally arrived last summer with three memorable concerts in Florence and Taormina.

In short, we wait for the official announcement, with all the details missing and not yet leaked.

Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 143
    probably no Scotland again but hopefully north of England will get a show.
  • Options
    a lot? A lot is a stretch. they've stopped there a total of 2 more times than my neck of the woods. and one of them was a festival. 

Calgary had shows in 2005, 2009, 2011, and 2013.  4 shows in 12 years.  That is a lot more than most US cities (and some big ones too). 

• Options
    I like that the Italian paper is smart enough to know not to say anything is for sure with PJ.
  • Options

Calgary had shows in 2005, 2009, 2011, and 2013.  4 shows in 12 years.  That is a lot more than most US cities (and some big ones too). 

fair enough. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    And a friendly reminder: next summer our country, Finland, will have suffered 25 years without a show. The only time they visited here was summer of 93 opening for Neil Young. Maybe we are due a proper show.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options

fair enough. 

fair enough. 
    The appropriate response you should have told me was "get a life, dude".
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    And a friendly reminder: next summer our country, Finland, will have suffered 25 years without a show. The only time they visited here was summer of 93 opening for Neil Young. Maybe we are due a proper show.
    You are due!  Maybe this is the show Dimitris was referring too.
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    mrk2 said:
    If there is a show in Finland, I'll be there.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mrk2 said:
    You are due!  Maybe this is the show Dimitris was referring too.
    sorry no
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

fair enough. 

fair enough. 
    The appropriate response you should have told me was "get a life, dude".
    LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com