Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    edited October 2017
    mrk2 said:
    And a friendly reminder: next summer our country, Finland, will have suffered 25 years without a show. The only time they visited here was summer of 93 opening for Neil Young. Maybe we are due a proper show.
    You are due!  Maybe this is the show Dimitris was referring too.
    sorry no
    Takes away as quickly as he gives.   =)
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    I love logging on and seeing that D was the last to comment on this thread. Hope we learn more soon. 
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    the thing with tours is ,there are so many hopes and dream places to see them
    in europe,perfect for me will be croatia,iceland,finland,hungary,scotland,wales ..BUT
    we follow this band so many years.we see how they tour..so we have to be realistic
    big market,big countries gets the shows
    its how it is,,thats why there are usual suspect countries they get shows always..and everty now and then a random small town oir country gets one show,like was arras in 2010,-12..or bilbao in 2010 or belfast same year..,and thats it..so,,i know finland waits so may years..same scotland..,same hungary,same slovenia,and list goes on..

i llisten pj plays europe my mind goes directly to specific countries and im not day dreming ..
    same if  i hear world tour..means na-sa-europe-australia.
    .africa and asia,dont even cross my mind
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    mrk2 said:
    Google Translated

Good news for next summer: One of the most beloved rock bands should return to our country. Pearl Jam is about to announce a European tour, and Italy should be included with three concerts: one in Milan / surroundings, one in the northeast and one in central Italy.

This is a rumor that Rockol has collected from different sources and we give you absolute preview. But, being an indiscretion, there is still no official confirmation. In these cases the conditional is obligatory, especially given the history of the group, which in the past has proven to change ideas at the last moment.

At Rockol it appears that the dates should be at the end of June, the date "Milanese" will be within the I-Days Festival which in 2017 hosted Radiohead and Linkin Park (but could move from Monza).

The other two dates, at Rockol, may be in the stadiums. For one of the two dates, another option that is evaluated is Florence Rocks (just like last year the Radioheads did twice in the two festivals).

The last Italian tour of Pearl Jam was in 2014: San Siro, and Trieste. The band had to return in 2016. But the dates (including the Roman one, communicated in advance by mistake from the local promoter) were canceled shortly before the official announcement. The same thing happened in 2012 with Eddie Vedder: Italian dates practically closed, and then canceled just before the announcement. Vedder has finally arrived last summer with three memorable concerts in Florence and Taormina.

In short, we wait for the official announcement, with all the details missing and not yet leaked.

So Milan, Trieste and Rome?  I was hoping for Verona.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Well, as long as they are coming to Europe, i don't really mind them skipping my country every time. It has been fun travelling around Europe. I'm missing Wuhlheide already.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    I love logging on and seeing that D was the last to comment on this thread. Hope we learn more soon. 
    Damn right I read his posts a couple of times trying to pick up on hints or slip ups lol.  
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    Well, as long as they are coming to Europe, i don't really mind them skipping my country every time. It has been fun travelling around Europe. I'm missing Wuhlheide already.
    yeah..we play along wioth what we get
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    CopperTom said:
    mrk2 said:
    Google Translated

Good news for next summer: One of the most beloved rock bands should return to our country. Pearl Jam is about to announce a European tour, and Italy should be included with three concerts: one in Milan / surroundings, one in the northeast and one in central Italy.

This is a rumor that Rockol has collected from different sources and we give you absolute preview. But, being an indiscretion, there is still no official confirmation. In these cases the conditional is obligatory, especially given the history of the group, which in the past has proven to change ideas at the last moment.

At Rockol it appears that the dates should be at the end of June, the date "Milanese" will be within the I-Days Festival which in 2017 hosted Radiohead and Linkin Park (but could move from Monza).

The other two dates, at Rockol, may be in the stadiums. For one of the two dates, another option that is evaluated is Florence Rocks (just like last year the Radioheads did twice in the two festivals).

The last Italian tour of Pearl Jam was in 2014: San Siro, and Trieste. The band had to return in 2016. But the dates (including the Roman one, communicated in advance by mistake from the local promoter) were canceled shortly before the official announcement. The same thing happened in 2012 with Eddie Vedder: Italian dates practically closed, and then canceled just before the announcement. Vedder has finally arrived last summer with three memorable concerts in Florence and Taormina.

In short, we wait for the official announcement, with all the details missing and not yet leaked.

Northeast Italy could also be Udine / Stadio Friuli or (that would be awesome but doesn't really fit the "stadium" hint) Villa Manin... but anywhere in the northeast of Italy is within an hour car ride so I'm happy with this rumor :-)

• Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 704
    mrk2 said:
    Do you think we will get an announcement soon? or will the speculation go into 2018?
  • Options
    nalyd61 said:
    mrk2 said:
    Do you think we will get an announcement soon? or will the speculation go into 2018?
    if u think usually december festivals annopunce alot of headlines must be that //..i dont iknow
  • Options

one_stone said:
    CopperTom said:
    mrk2 said:
    Google Translated

Northeast Italy could also be Udine / Stadio Friuli or (that would be awesome but doesn't really fit the "stadium" hint) Villa Manin... but anywhere in the northeast of Italy is within an hour car ride so I'm happy with this rumor :-)

i dont think is udine or trieste that northeast
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    Iceland would be amazing.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291

one_stone said:
    CopperTom said:
    mrk2 said:
    Google Translated

Interesting... That doesn't leave much possibilities left in Northeast ... Venice, Bozen (no big stadiums there) and maybe a false or imprecise rumor ;) 
  • Options
    sloveniaslovenia Posts: 102
    in europe,perfect for me will be croatia,iceland,finland,hungary,scotland,wales ..BUT
    we follow this band so many years.we see how they tour..so we have to be realistic
    its how it is,,thats why there are usual suspect countries they get shows always..and everty now and then a random small town oir country gets one show,like was arras in 2010,-12..or bilbao in 2010 or belfast same year..,and thats it..so,,i know finland waits so may years..same scotland..,same hungary,same slovenia,and list goes on..

i llisten pj plays europe my mind goes directly to specific countries and im not day dreming ..

huh, what? Slovenia?? please don't get my hopes up just to crush them.
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 769
    nalyd61 said:
    mrk2 said:
    if u think usually december festivals annopunce alot of headlines must be that //..i dont iknow
    PinkPop is supposed to announce next headliner in December
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351

one_stone said:
    CopperTom said:
    mrk2 said:
    Google Translated

Padova
  • Options
    slovenia said:

huh, what? Slovenia?? please don't get my hopes up just to crush them.
    no..im saying that all those countires ,like slovenia waits so many years,.thats all..
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351

one_stone said:
    CopperTom said:
    mrk2 said:
    Google Translated

Padova
  • Options
    exileexile Dublin Posts: 82
    NOS alive portugal headliner announcement mid november ..
  • Options
    radar said:
    nalyd61 said:
    mrk2 said:
    PinkPop is supposed to announce next headliner in December
    as for europe tour announcements..
    13th dec 2013 was announcement of 2014 tour
    8th dec 2011  was 2012 europe tour
    7th dec 2009 was for 2010 tour

so its all happening first 2 weeks of december
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,972
    exile said:
    for sure?

hey dimitris any hope for lisbon? 
  • Options

Air23 said:

one_stone said:
    CopperTom said:
    mrk2 said:
    Google Translated

Padova
    never been there..only pass with train..seems like a nice place for a show
  • Options
    just_one said:
    exile said:
    for sure?

hey dimitris any hope for lisbon? 
    lovely city for a pj show or visit
  • Options
    hadrieliahadrielia Posts: 123
    edited October 2017
    In Spain the whisperers are advising to join 10c before November 6th.. I hope that's true 
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • Options
    hadrielia said:
    In Spain the whisperers are advising to join 10c before November 6th.. I hope that's true 
    if we get announcement this soon will be so great for book flights!1is the cheaper u can get when u book november!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    hadrielia said:
    e
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Every tour it's the same thing.  They do it every fuckin time.  I know it'll be when hell freezes over but announce the whole 2018 tour at once.  It would be like hitting the lottery! We would know what shows we want, we would know how much we have to spend, how far we will travel....we could actually PLAN something in advance instead of getting you have a week, here's your choices....for now anyway.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,799
    mcgruff10 said:
    Iceland would be amazing.  

Iceland or Ireland would most certainly mean:

I would be forced to get my first passport.
    Get my girlfriend her first passport. 
    Travel abroad for the first time.
    See PJ abroad for the first time.
    And go shopping for a piece of jewelry and ask an important question to my best friend in the world.

Any heads up on this would be greatly appreciated and kept confidential. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,799
    I think they like the smaller announcements because the fans travel well. If you live east coast and they only announce west coast, most of us would go out west to see them. Then a couple months later, we'll happily spend our money on a newly announced east coast tour.

If they released it all at once, many of us wouldn't be able to get tickets for NY, BOS, PHI, SEA, LA, LV and DEN all at once.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Sprunkn7 said:
    Every tour it's the same thing.  They do it every fuckin time.  I know it'll be when hell freezes over but announce the whole 2018 tour at once.  It would be like hitting the lottery! We would know what shows we want, we would know how much we have to spend, how far we will travel....we could actually PLAN something in advance instead of getting you have a week, here's your choices....for now anyway.
    100% agreed... it woukd be really nice... but im sure they want Americans to buy euro tickets before they see there is a show in their hometown a few months later