Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    edited October 2017
    pdalowsky said:
    I'm struggling to understand all this. Some people know dates, others want to know dates, but all you get is the 'I know the dates but I'm not telling you' merry go round. 
    It's understandable, though.  D obviously has a connection.  He has seen the dates. Whether he has them at his disposal or not, I don't know.  But he pretty much knows, at least, most if not all the European dates/countries.  And seems to know at least when they are touring other places.  But it's also probable that his source has told him that he can't just come out and tell people definitively what's going on.  It's fun, exciting, and frustrating all at once.  

I'm just glad to know that they are going back on the road.  And I have no intention of going overseas, so it'll also give me time to save some money and hope they are coming to my neck of the woods (Northeast).
    thats how it works..the thing is u need to tell something so people feel happy that something coming..its crazy to wait and nothing happen 
    i know all want more infos ..its normail
    but u cant tell obviously,cos u will not get infos again
    and personally i dont like to fuck around and spread rumors..it suck..i like to say sopmething that comes from real infos so people knows its legit and have something to wait for
    i still rememmber wrigley 13,days before announcement..
    tons of messages and posts here that the show is in septemper 13 laobor weekend 
    only 2 people me and another guy here was saying..nope,its 19th july..
    was crazy to have the real deal,,the corrent inforamtion and tons of people posting,..i know for sure its in september!
    i was.,wtf?who said that to peoiple and mislead them..?
    and i tell u another exable,,i have tons of friend from scotland..they want so much a show there,,they post alot about it in social media..i feel like the doctor who  have to tell the bad news..sorry,guys,.,i dont see that happening...
    .we say in greece ."hope dies  last"
     fans and members love so much this band,.,want to see them live..not easy all to travel so they want a show in their state or country..and hope its what holds them,,,so when their country isnt in the tour,,sucks.after waiting..and read rumors around..i feel for them,,im from greece..1 show in 27 years..i know how it feels when u have nmothing to expect..and how it is,,when there is a fuckin hope tp see pj ..i know that hope feeling very well..i know all europeans fans will not be happy after announcement..cos cant play everywhere..but the info might
    see them cos they coming to our continent..its happening,someone who is legit said it is priceless
    personally i dont care to give hints.when i know. i do it for one reason when i know for sure..
    this hope to become excitment cos will happen.its great the feeling to see its coming..cos im from country they will never come again
    most if u are americans here,.,no need a passport to see the band...its not easy when u are from greece,or indonisia,or south africa and u love them so fuckin much

Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Dimi, I for one, always appreciate your leaks, hints and blurbs.  Keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,133
    D - you are awesome and yes it’s bettwr to have more info than no info. But I can see how this is a tease for those wanting to also have the time to make travel plans, get vacation days in at work etc.  

so I get the frustration. I also wonder why it’s not ok to post the dates. The person already broke their trust by telling you...everyone knows this. But oh well.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    At what point does a "hold" become confirmed? Maybe he saw a tentative tour schedule, and they are just waiting for everything to be in place.  Would hate to have it leaked early, have people make plans/reservations, and then the show gets pulled for some reason.

Like I said, it can be frustrating with someone knowing the basic plans and not being able to give it up.  But D has been pretty gracious and given a lot of info. And with him, at least I expect it to be 95% reliable.  

That being said, just give me any plans they have for the northeast and we'll be good :):)
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    CopperTom said:
    Dimi, I for one, always appreciate your leaks, hints and blurbs.  Keep 'em coming!
    +1

It's the only real info source we have. People complain about not enough time to plan travel, which I get, but that's out of everyone's control. Let's take whatever info we can get and be happy about it. It's better than wondering if a tour is coming. At least we know it is. 
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    Just wish we had a hint for when the new album comes out
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,018
    jdopj said:
    It’s a fair assumption it will be out prior to the European tour.  They’re not going back over there and playing Europe/North America again in 2018 without new music.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    Dimi, just a hint: Prague or Vienna? Both? None? 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    jdopj said:
    besides if there isn info or not about it...
    i use common sense to it..2018 sa and europe..and i believe usa later..so..3 continensts in one year..how many times this happen before,with out a new album?..so i think we have alot of chances for new music
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Lets say they play the USA in September... is 2 years between USA shows the longest the band has ever gone?  It would be 24-25 months without a show
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Lets say they play the USA in September... is 2 years between USA shows the longest the band has ever gone?  It would be 24-25 months without a show
    if i answser this....thiws place will explode..haha
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,828
    In a good way or a bad way? Hahahaaaaaa
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    in every fuckin way!!hahahah
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    I’d guess we’ve already reached the longest the band has gone without playing a US show. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,828
    nicknyr15 said:
    Fair enough lol. I'm just happy to hear they'll be active next year. This was a tough year without a tour even though I was lucky to be at the HOF induction. 
  • Options
    Haha, that question was just straight curiosity as to how long the band has gone between USA shows.  Thanks for getting my hopes up even more!!  (Still hoping for something sweet in April... or anything before Late June)
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    I know it'll Never happen again, but Pearl Jam in Tokyo is still a dream of mine
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    That "I don't see a Scottish date happening" broke my heart but things can change and here's hoping we see a Glasgow date at one point. I saw Metallica at the SSE Hydro on Thursday and I was thinking the entire time, 'It would be great to see Pearl Jam live here and I know they would love it themselves'.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,272
    Yah but there's been long gaps where in the off year they only did a bridge school, charity thing, opened for someone etc...  While I would still classify them as shows, in the older tour days, they did have years where they didn't headline their own show, which created significant gaps (97, 99, 01)?
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    I know it'll Never happen again, but Pearl Jam in Tokyo is still a dream of mine
    That would be a show with more people coming from abroad than locals :)
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did you ever comment on the Wrigley rumors for 2018? Thanks...I enjoy your posts, both here and on facebook.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,952
    Same here. A trip to Kyoto, Japan and see Pearl Jam there would be a dream of mine too.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    demetrios said:
    Same here. A trip to Kyoto, Japan and see Pearl Jam there would be a dream of mine too.
    My dream trip is the Philippines. My wife is from there. Pearl Jam might be the thing that would get me to book a trip there :)
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTZ76vhnKk
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    The limited info we get from Dimi is much appreciated and I think it does help with planning. If he was saying "no chance of a tour next year", we could all just go about our business; heartbroken;) , but free to plan vacations and such. Now we know there's another factor to take into account, so maybe we hold off a little longer. It does help.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    pdalowsky said:
    I'm struggling to understand all this. Some people know dates, others want to know dates, but all you get is the 'I know the dates but I'm not telling you' merry go round. 
    It's understandable, though.  D obviously has a connection.  He has seen the dates. Whether he has them at his disposal or not, I don't know.  But he pretty much knows, at least, most if not all the European dates/countries.  And seems to know at least when they are touring other places.  But it's also probable that his source has told him that he can't just come out and tell people definitively what's going on.  It's fun, exciting, and frustrating all at once.  

I'm just glad to know that they are going back on the road.  And I have no intention of going overseas, so it'll also give me time to save some money and hope they are coming to my neck of the woods (Northeast).
    Not knocking anyone. We all deal with our excitement in different ways. I am lucky to have very good sources too but I know those great friends would be disappointed if I posted about it.

Always mindful of what happened last year
  • Options

Sarava said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did you ever comment on the Wrigley rumors for 2018? Thanks...I enjoy your posts, both here and on facebook.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    Count me in for the love of the small hints and nuggets. If we found it all out at once sure that would be great but what kind of fun would that be? This thread is starting to get great and 2016's was fantastic to be apart of. I just wish I would know the date that 10 club was releasing the dates....
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Who doesn't like fireworks on a Sunday afternoon? ;)
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Will Europe get more festivals or proper shows?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18