Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    JohnInAthensJohnInAthens Athens, Ga Posts: 5
    The Christmas message features a photo of the Beatles playing Atlanta (Fulton County) Stadium similar to the shot from YouTube below:

Here's hoping that's a good sign for Georgia getting a date next year!
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    The Christmas message features a photo of the Beatles playing Atlanta (Fulton County) Stadium similar to the shot from YouTube below:

I noticed that too. I was thinking they might be in Atlanta currently recording with Brendan O’Brien. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Can someone share the link to the Christmas video, the link in my email is not working on both my phone and PC.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Someone threw SunTrust Park out there as a rumor a while back.  I instantly dismissed it.  As a life-long Braves fan, I'd be all over this.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    edited December 2017
    skram79 said:
    Can someone share the link to the Christmas video, the link in my email is not working on both my phone and PC.
    https://pearljam.com/ten-club/home
    Let me know if that works. If not I will try another way for you. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    edited December 2017
    PJNB said:
    Come on we need a date now! Vacation picks are next week!

Wrigley has to be the Aug 18 weekend if Fenway Labor Day weekend rumours are true unless they go into September for an outdoor Chicago show, which I greatly doubt. Confirmation of it all will be great next month...now we wait....
    Post edited by kerbjack on
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885
    What I find exciting about the video is that they'll all in the same room. Which seems to be a rare thing for them lately. First time publicly since Wrigley? 
  • Options
    What I find exciting about the video is that they'll all in the same room. Which seems to be a rare thing for them lately. First time publicly since Wrigley? 
    RRHOF in April
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Think it's a sign that this could be a much bigger ballpark tour? Maybe one a weekend in Aug/Sept?

By the way...possible dates for an Atlanta show at Sun trust park are Aug4 and Aug 25 weekend...maybe a stop between Chicago (Aug 18) and Boston (Sep 1)? Or possibly Sept 8 or 29 weekends if they continue into September.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    they were just exchanging secret santa gifts - eddie gave mike new lingerie!!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I stand by my prediction that this is a MULTIPLE city stadium tour and Atlanta will get a show in their new stadium... just a guess

LA 
    Seattle 
    Chicago
    Totonto/Detroit/Cleveland
    Boston 
    NYC
    Philly
    DC
    Atlanta
    Houston
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    my2hands said:
    Fenway/Wrigley.... been there/done that... looking forward to seeing what else might be in the cards
    so,u going to northwestern states this time?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    I stand by my prediction that this is a MULTIPLE city stadium tour and Atlanta will get a show in their new stadium... just a guess

LA 
    Seattle 
    Chicago
    Totonto/Detroit/Cleveland
    Boston 
    NYC
    Philly
    DC
    Atlanta
    Houston
    If this happens 10 club tickets will be a breeze to get to any show minus Chicago GA I would imagine if they have the same allotment as in the past. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Fenway/Wrigley.... been there/done that... looking forward to seeing what else might be in the cards
    New prediction from this. Only 3 ballpark shows plus a full west coast tour in November. 

Safeco August 10th weekend 
    Wrigley August 17th weekend
    Fenway August 31st weekend 

• Options
    PJNB said:
    skram79 said:
    https://pearljam.com/ten-club/home
    Let me know if that works. If not I will try another way for you. 

Thank you!
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    my2hands said:
    Hmm, now we are talking...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    my2hands said:
    Northwestern states?!?! Oh boy
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

Euro shows are pretty much filled up. Lets get this announced early in the new year please!
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options

PJNB said:
    my2hands said:
    New prediction from this. Only 3 ballpark shows plus a full west coast tour in November. 

Really this seems correct to me as well.

I think the only question of those 3 is what date Safeco is. This date makes the most sense logistically, unless they play the July 28th weekend in Seattle, but that's only 2 weeks after Europe.

• Options
    kerbjack said:

PJNB said:
    my2hands said:

I think the only question of those 3 is what date Safeco is. This date makes the most sense logistically, unless they play the July 28th weekend in Seattle, but that's only 2 weeks after Europe.

July 28th weekend would work but they play that Monday at home so it would be a quick turnaround to get the field ready unless they do a back to back show on Friday and Saturday. Really hoping they do this for Fenway. This one day off that carries over into the work week makes getting time off a lot harder for a lot of people but I understand why they like to do it. If they need that extra day for the hold just use it on the Sunday though if there is a thunderstorm. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

Euro shows are pretty much filled up. Lets get this announced early in the new year please!
    I need dates!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    kerbjack said:
    PJNB said:
    Come on we need a date now! Vacation picks are next week!

Wrigley has to be the Aug 18 weekend if Fenway Labor Day weekend rumours are true unless they go into September for an outdoor Chicago show, which I greatly doubt. Confirmation of it all will be great next month...now we wait....
    AC/DC and Zak Brown band have both played September shows at Wrigley. 
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    my2hands said:
    Nope.....but I live in Raleigh ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    PJNB said:
    kerbjack said:

July 28th weekend would work but they play that Monday at home so it would be a quick turnaround to get the field ready unless they do a back to back show on Friday and Saturday. Really hoping they do this for Fenway. This one day off that carries over into the work week makes getting time off a lot harder for a lot of people but I understand why they like to do it. If they need that extra day for the hold just use it on the Sunday though if there is a thunderstorm. 

With Safeco there is a retractable roof to prevent a lost date due to rain (in Seattle?....never ;) ). They could do Thursday/Saturday as well? Fenway and Wrigley in 2016 were 2 shows in 3 days, so could be that way again.

As for the game on the Monday, the Foos are playing Sat Sept 1, and the Mariners play Monday at home right after.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    my2hands said:
    I would go back to The Great Northwest
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    tino_11 said:
    I think the US will have summer stadium shows and arena shows October/November time.
    Agreed.  Based off of the way the band does things lately and the cities that are due, here’s my prediction:

cleveland, Columbus, pittsburgh, DC x2, Richmond, Raleigh make up, Charlotte, then over to Atlanta x2 and Nashville (both ATL and Nashville had scheduled shows cancelled due to Bonnaroo in 2016), down to NoLa for Voodoo fest (PJ at Voodoo is clockwork at this point)

then a 2 week break and 2nd leg that mirrors 2013 west coast tour
    Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh would be a dream come true! (Actually, it would. I had a dream last night that they were about to take the stage in Pittsburgh. I had another one where a three-city tour was Ottawa, NYC x2 and Columbus...so go figure.)

However... the other guy mentioned Indianapolis as getting missed. Because Pittsburgh was on the last album tour, what if Indianapolis was in place of Pittsburgh??

Columbus really has two good options... Nationwide Arena which is downtown and near a lot of bars and the Schottenstein Center which is at Ohio State's campus and not near anything really. While a Wishlist Foundation tailgate party would be fun, I'm not sure I see it happening.
    Columbus deserves a show. I was super impressed with the city and Nationwide Arena - great city to walk and great sounding venue.

Columbus is an interesting case and not necessarily because I'm from there.

Three times in the early 90s... two "college bars" aka tiny clubs/bars and another smaller venue. Nothing after that until 2000, partially due to the Ticketmaster situation. 2000 and 2003 were at a large outdoor shed-type venue.

A few years later, that venue stopped booking acts and was torn down. Nothing after that until 2010. (Anyone with a sharp eye will notice that 2010 setlist had a lot of avocado and Backspacer songs on it.)

I was hoping for 2013 or 2014 (keep the average shows per decade fairly consistent) but the area got Pittsburgh, Detroit and Cincinnati instead.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    What cities do we think they would play ballparks besides wrigley/fenway?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    100 Pacer said:
    tino_11 said:
    I think the US will have summer stadium shows and arena shows October/November time.
    Agreed.  Based off of the way the band does things lately and the cities that are due, here’s my prediction:

cleveland, Columbus, pittsburgh, DC x2, Richmond, Raleigh make up, Charlotte, then over to Atlanta x2 and Nashville (both ATL and Nashville had scheduled shows cancelled due to Bonnaroo in 2016), down to NoLa for Voodoo fest (PJ at Voodoo is clockwork at this point)

then a 2 week break and 2nd leg that mirrors 2013 west coast tour
    Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh would be a dream come true! (Actually, it would. I had a dream last night that they were about to take the stage in Pittsburgh. I had another one where a three-city tour was Ottawa, NYC x2 and Columbus...so go figure.)

However... the other guy mentioned Indianapolis as getting missed. Because Pittsburgh was on the last album tour, what if Indianapolis was in place of Pittsburgh??

Columbus really has two good options... Nationwide Arena which is downtown and near a lot of bars and the Schottenstein Center which is at Ohio State's campus and not near anything really. While a Wishlist Foundation tailgate party would be fun, I'm not sure I see it happening.
    Columbus deserves a show. I was super impressed with the city and Nationwide Arena - great city to walk and great sounding venue.

Columbus is an interesting case and not necessarily because I'm from there.

Three times in the early 90s... two "college bars" aka tiny clubs/bars and another smaller venue. Nothing after that until 2000, partially due to the Ticketmaster situation. 2000 and 2003 were at a large outdoor shed-type venue.

A few years later, that venue stopped booking acts and was torn down. Nothing after that until 2010. (Anyone with a sharp eye will notice that 2010 setlist had a lot of avocado and Backspacer songs on it.)

I was hoping for 2013 or 2014 (keep the average shows per decade fairly consistent) but the area got Pittsburgh, Detroit and Cincinnati instead.
    I think Columbus will be a longshot because attendance wasn't great at that Nationwide show even though it had been 7 years...there were a ton of vacant seats in the upper level from what I recall. I suppose it didn't help they also played Indy and Cleveland within a four day stretch. Also...RIP Polaris Amphitheater!!!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    my2hands said:
    What cities do we think they would play ballparks besides wrigley/fenway?
    LA, Seattle, Philly
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    tmantman Posts: 158
    JojoRice said:

I noticed that too. I was thinking they might be in Atlanta currently recording with Brendan O’Brien.

I don't think they're current;y recording as Jill has been sharing pictures of Her and the Family with Eddie on Safari In Africa these past few days