Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    good stuff 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited December 2017
    Do people think they would sell out a stadium "tour" with multiple shows in regions?  Obviously, they could sell out Fenway, Wrigley, and Safeco. But say they played Fenway and then stadiums in NY, Philly, DC......I'm not sure they are selling those out.  I could be totally wrong.

I'm thinking 3-4 stadium shows with arenas mixed in.  

Is it wrong to say that stadiums are the new sheds? Stadiums being the new "outdoor" option and arenas for cities where outside shows aren't feasible?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited December 2017
    tino_11 said:
    I think the US will have summer stadium shows and arena shows October/November time.
    Agreed.  Based off of the way the band does things lately and the cities that are due, here’s my prediction:

cleveland, Columbus, pittsburgh, DC x2, Richmond, Raleigh make up, Charlotte, then over to Atlanta x2 and Nashville (both ATL and Nashville had scheduled shows cancelled due to Bonnaroo in 2016), down to NoLa for Voodoo fest (PJ at Voodoo is clockwork at this point)

then a 2 week break and 2nd leg that mirrors 2013 west coast tour

Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh would be a dream come true! (Actually, it would. I had a dream last night that they were about to take the stage in Pittsburgh. I had another one where a three-city tour was Ottawa, NYC x2 and Columbus...so go figure.)

However... the other guy mentioned Indianapolis as getting missed. Because Pittsburgh was on the last album tour, what if Indianapolis was in place of Pittsburgh??

Columbus really has two good options... Nationwide Arena which is downtown and near a lot of bars and the Schottenstein Center which is at Ohio State's campus and not near anything really. While a Wishlist Foundation tailgate party would be fun, I'm not sure I see it happening.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,783
    jmug23 said:
    tino_11 said:
    I think the US will have summer stadium shows and arena shows October/November time.
    I’m thinking this as well. I can’t imagine they would only do a few stadium shows. My guess is a Midwest / west coast tour late fall. 
    Doubt it will be October with baseball playoffs unless things have changed with Eddie since the Cubs won. Either going to be August/September with the ballpark shows sprinkled in or a November/December tour with a summer ballpark showing imo. 
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    PJNB said:
    jmug23 said:
    tino_11 said:
    I’m thinking this as well. I can’t imagine they would only do a few stadium shows. My guess is a Midwest / west coast tour late fall. 
    Doubt it will be October with baseball playoffs unless things have changed with Eddie since the Cubs won. Either going to be August/September with the ballpark shows sprinkled in or a November/December tour with a summer ballpark showing imo. 
    Yeah definitely agree with nothing in October. Either before or after.  
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    If they play Raleigh(which they should) I hope they let those members that had tickets to the now cancelled show get the option to get guaranteed tickets if they want.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    Cleveland and Columbus are both due. Wouldn’t make sense on the same tour due to the proximity. But one needs to happen. I’d think they’d sprinkle in some arena shows during the stadium shows. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,551
    Do people think they would sell out a stadium "tour" with multiple shows in regions?  Obviously, they could sell out Fenway, Wrigley, and Safeco. But say they played Fenway and then stadiums in NY, Philly, DC......I'm not sure they are selling those out.  I could be totally wrong.

Is it wrong to say that stadiums are the new sheds? Stadiums being the new "outdoor" option and arenas for cities where outside shows aren't feasible?
    This could be a possibility. 
    But in the case of PJ I'm  thinking baseball parks rather then football stadiums. Baseball parks would be around 50,000 capacity while football are at 70-80,000. Also baseball parks are more easily defined as being "cozy".
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    pulling69 said:
    If they play Raleigh(which they should) I hope they let those members that had tickets to the now cancelled show get the option to get guaranteed tickets if they want.
    This :)
  • Options

This could be a possibility. 
    But in the case of PJ I'm  thinking baseball parks rather then football stadiums. Baseball parks would be around 50,000 capacity while football are at 70-80,000. Also baseball parks are more easily defined as being "cozy".

If you use your imagination a bit, a baseball stadium already has a shape similar to the sheds of the 80s and 90s.

Personally, I'd prefer them to football stadiums...but the arena shows work fine, sooo...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    It seems in major markets stadiums have definitely replaced ampitheaters for large acts
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    my2hands said:
    It seems in major markets stadiums have definitely replaced ampitheaters for large acts
    It doesn’t seem like a better venue than the amphitheaters, but I guess people seem to like it.  Much rather see a show at an amphitheater than Wrigley.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,780
    I think it's that most people are willing to see them anyhow. Thus more tickets are sold. Thus, more money for the band. Throw in a night at "historic" Wrigley or Fenway (or insert your favorite team) and that is added fuel to some fires.

If PJ were to play the local wastewater facility, I'm there. Amphitheater, I'm there. United Center, I'm there. It's not strictly about the sound for me though obviously better sound is better. But the fact is, if anyone on these boards lives within 90 minutes of Wrigley, or the UC or Tinley Park or the Alsip wastewater treatment facility and PJ plays there, we ALL (99% at least) will be there.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    I think it's that most people are willing to see them anyhow. Thus more tickets are sold. Thus, more money for the band. Throw in a night at "historic" Wrigley or Fenway (or insert your favorite team) and that is added fuel to some fires.

If PJ were to play the local wastewater facility, I'm there. Amphitheater, I'm there. United Center, I'm there. It's not strictly about the sound for me though obviously better sound is better. But the fact is, if anyone on these boards lives within 90 minutes of Wrigley, or the UC or Tinley Park or the Alsip wastewater treatment facility and PJ plays there, we ALL (99% at least) will be there.
    Trying to visualize what the poster for the Alsip show might look like. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    It doesn’t seem like a better venue than the amphitheaters, but I guess people seem to like it.  Much rather see a show at an amphitheater than Wrigley.
    I agree... im not a big fan of stadium shows...but im sure bands prefer to sell 40,000 tickets per show if they can
  • Options
    rey said:

I mean, it is Alsip after all. At the wastewater treatment facility. I'd guess it to be a crappy poster.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    rey said:

It’ll probably be rectangular and made of paper
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    wrigley again sounds good
    Are there rumored dates?  I really hope it's in late June or sometime in July. 
    Hmm, late June/early July they'e in Europe... 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    rey said:

I mean, it is Alsip after all. At the wastewater treatment facility. I'd guess it to be a crappy poster.
    I Got Shit. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    rey said:

I Got Shit. 
    With the white sox logo in the middle of all the poo!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    pulling69 said:

They owe it to us to make this one up!!

C'mon PJ!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    VolklphanVolklphan Posts: 2
    edited December 2017
    See you on the west coast

Post edited by Volklphan on
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Volklphan said:
    All weekends?
    Fri july 14: Lisbon
    Sat July 21: Boston Fenway Park
    Sat July 28: Chicago Wrigley Field
    Sat Aug 5: None of them open
    Sat Aug 12: San Francisco Outside Lands
    Sat Aug 16: Los Angeles Dodger Stadium
    Sat Aug 25: Seattle Safeco Field

Is this your official prediction or do you have some inside scoop?
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Volklphan said:
    All weekends?

Is this your official prediction or do you have some inside scoop?
    Most likely prediction
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    peterwhughespeterwhughes NH Posts: 153
    Volklphan said:
    All weekends?
    Sat Aug 18: Los Angeles Dodger Stadium

Foo Fighters are playing Fenway 7/21 and 7/22. 
    I think the Labor Day rumor about Fenway has been the most plausible date. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    August 18th is out for me, wedding dates for friends are starting to roll in

Really hope we get some news soon!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,948
    Fall dates also coincide with college football for me.

Go Dawgs!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JohnInAthensJohnInAthens Athens, Ga Posts: 5
    JojoRice said:
    Fall dates also coincide with college football for me.

Go Dawgs!
    I'm still holding onto hope that the Aldean concert opened the door for PJ to play Between the Hedges someday.
    It's been twenty five years since the played Legion Field so they're due for a return date!
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    edited December 2017
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Volklphan said:
    All weekends?

July 21 weekend, Foo Fighters are in Boston.

I've put way too much thought into this tour. I'm a big baseball fan, and obviously love Pearl jam, so this is pretty interesting to me...here are my thoughts..

I think PJ will need a week or 2 to reset after Europe. I also think for the build up and show set up/sound checks there may have to be spacing between stadium shows of a couple weeks each, so I doubt there are back to back weekends....then again it is 2018, and things can be done quicker, is just my guess. Also, I've eliminated any non weekend dates for stadiums.

July 28 -Safeco Seattle  - Also possible on Aug 25 weekend, but makes no sense to Chi-Sea-Bos run in 3 weeks (see below). Also possible Aug 11 weekend if there is no OSL appearance.

Aug 4 - No idea - Only big North American festival that could fit on the Aug 4 weekend is Lolla in Chicago. That is not happening if they are doing Wrigley. Other Aug 4 date is Coors Field in Denver. Doesn't have the ballpark history of the other stadiums or hometown draw of Seattle...but logistically could make sense. AT&T Park in SF is free, but....

Aug 11 - Outside Lands Festival - SF - No real rumours on this aside from it making tremendous sense. Been a long ass time since they have been to OSL, and its a big festival they could easily headline. Dodger Stadium and Safeco are open this weekend too. Could they do Thurs/Sat in Seattle at Safeco...and Sun night at OSL, logistically can it happen?

Aug 18 - Wrigley Chicago (this is a 75% lock if there is a Wrigley show this summer. Only date aside from Labour Day that would work (Cubs home every other weekend in Aug) , and Boston on Sept 1 weekend seems a lock from the solid rumour)

Aug 25 -Yankee Stadium - NY, just because it would be three stadiums in 3 weekends...and maybe too close to Boston? But then again it is the east coast and there are a tonne of 10s that would fill those shows.

Sept 1 - Boston Fenway (Fenway insider has this as the date. Sounds 75% credible. If Not Aug 25 or Aug 11 are open.

Sept 8 - Ohana - Last year this was the Ohana date, seems to be a Eddie staple.

Sept 15 -LA - Dodger Stadium - Again, no credible rumours on LA at all, aside from its a cool ball park to play. Can save LA for when it's cooled down a bit, big enough area and draw that they can do it post Labour day and still fill the shows. If PJ Doesn't play OLS on Aug 11, that could also be the LA dates if there are any.

Post edited by kerbjack on
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Fenway, Wrigley, somewhere Seattle-ish, and possibly  another location are the most credible rumors so far, based on hints. Since they'll be in Europe for a month, ending in mid July, it seems unlikely that they would play US shows in July... based on recent history.

August and September seem right for ballparks and outdoor venues. I'm wondering if they'll do Wrigley and Fenway again, and possibly Safeco (which hasn't been specifically hinted at). Unless I missed something (very possible), there haven't been many solid leads to support any Stadiums beyond Fenway and Wrigley. 

Safeco is a possibility, as is Outside Lands, but someplace "cool" was mentioned. I'm wondering about The Gorge or Red Rocks.