Hillary Clinton: What happened

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,756
    CM189191 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    The thing about the conspiracy theory of collusion with Russia...

Has anyone yet shown a person who was going to vote for Clinton, but because of a Facebook ad or Twitter bot changed their mind and flipped to Trump?

Particularly in the states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin.  

There were a lot of people who waited until the last moment to decide who to vote for. Comey swayed it at the end. 
    Highly unlikely.  There are a lot of people who SAY they are undecided until the last moment, and a great deal of that these days comes down to people do not want to indicate who they are going to vote for to anyone for fear of being mocked, ridiculed, shouted down.

You sound like someone trying to convince themselves they weren't suckered by russian propaganda.  Better luck to you next election cycle!  
    Given I am neither vested in the Republican nor the Democratic party, I don't expect to have any luck the next election cycle, particularly from a boogeyman that is as fictitious as the tales Republicans have conjured about Clinton for twenty years. 

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PB11041 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

Has anyone yet shown a person who was going to vote for Clinton, but because of a Facebook ad or Twitter bot changed their mind and flipped to Trump?

There were a lot of people who waited until the last moment to decide who to vote for. Comey swayed it at the end. 
    Highly unlikely.  There are a lot of people who SAY they are undecided until the last moment, and a great deal of that these days comes down to people do not want to indicate who they are going to vote for to anyone for fear of being mocked, ridiculed, shouted down.

You sound like someone trying to convince themselves they weren't suckered by russian propaganda.  Better luck to you next election cycle!  
    Given I am neither vested in the Republican nor the Democratic party, I don't expect to have any luck the next election cycle, particularly from a boogeyman that is as fictitious as the tales Republicans have conjured about Clinton for twenty years. 

Do you think Russian/Trump ties are all smoke and no fire?
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785
    dignin said:
    PB11041 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

a foreign policy adviser on President Donald Trump’s campaign plead guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian officials that is fire, that is no longer smoke
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited November 2017
    Allahu hoo Akbar.  New York attack
    inspired by Isis...  How well is Isis doing over in Iraq & Syria?
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-raqqa-battle-syria-iraq-latest-deir-ezzor-bunkers-weapons-caches-defeat-a7995246.html
    Post edited by RYME on
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,199
    edited November 2017
    PB11041 said:

There were a lot of people who waited until the last moment to decide who to vote for. Comey swayed it at the 
    Post edited by elvistheking44 on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    It was fire when Sessions perjured himself. It was fire when Comey was fired. It was fire when Don Jr.'s secret Russian meeting was revealed.

It has been fire for a long while now.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,565
    RYME said:
    Allahu hoo Akbar.
    Inspired by ISIS.  How well is Isis doing over in Iraq?
    What?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    RYME said:
    Allahu hoo Akbar.

ISIS in Iraq has been on the decline for a while, dating back to the previous administration. ISIS on the streets of NYC is something new. Claiming that "we haven't heard much from ISIS lately" a week after an attack in the US is crazy talk.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    the point is you can gather all the data you listed above that you want.....without knowing who voted for trump that had previously thought they'd vote for clinton, the point is moot. not to mention who came out and voted that didn't vote in previous cycles, and who didn't come out who previously had. you can speculate and predict all that you want, but it is impossible to quantify. 
    Again, it is not impossible to quantify.  The data is largely there, not down to the specific individually identifiable one for one person, but there is enough to data to draw upon to understand the circumstance of the event.  It is just a matter if anyone really wants to look at it.  Which they don't.  This is all political theater.   To start with it would be as simple as what was the ad spend and targeting for the aforementioned states on a digital property like Facebook, of the "colluding overseas" accounts that are suspect.   Overlap and intent would be plainly obvious.  

PB11041 said:
    the point is you can gather all the data you listed above that you want.....without knowing who voted for trump that had previously thought they'd vote for clinton, the point is moot. not to mention who came out and voted that didn't vote in previous cycles, and who didn't come out who previously had. you can speculate and predict all that you want, but it is impossible to quantify. 
    Again, it is not impossible to quantify.  The data is largely there, not down to the specific individually identifiable one for one person, but there is enough to data to draw upon to understand the circumstance of the event.  It is just a matter if anyone really wants to look at it.  Which they don't.  This is all political theater.   To start with it would be as simple as what was the ad spend and targeting for the aforementioned states on a digital property like Facebook, of the "colluding overseas" accounts that are suspect.   Overlap and intent would be plainly obvious.  

If you’re supportive of looking at voter data, then why were you so quick to poo poo the data that shows a significant number of voters were undecided at the last minute and then swung more towards trump on election day?
    dignin said:
    I guess I look at it this way.  Do I think the Russians and more specifically Putin are evil geniuses that worked covertly to undermine the US Presidential election, or bumbling nimrods who hired a bunch of flunkies to run Facebook accounts that were easily traced back to them?  I find it hard to square that circle. 

Simultaneously do I think that Paul Manafort is a corrupt lobbying sycophant who peddled influence to make money?  Yes, yes I do. 

These things are not mutually exclusive.  

I suspect that in the high stake game of world politics, what we are seeing is the blow back when people are viscerally angry about the outcome (and by people I am not talking about the electorate).   Manafort has always been a shady character and given the circumstances, taking him down and even loosely having that tied to the election is not a bad outcome for those who lost.  

edited November 2017
    JimmyV said:
    RYME said:
    Allahu hoo Akbar.

ISIS in Iraq has been on the decline for a while, dating back to the previous administration. ISIS on the streets of NYC is something new. Claiming that "we haven't heard much from ISIS lately" a week after an attack in the US is crazy talk.
    I didn't say they're gone.  They pretty much lost most of their strongholds they had over in Iraq and Syria, that's what I was referring to, not last week's disaster in NYC.  Miss stated perhaps.
    Anyway inspired by isn't the same as being a member of.  That was not an official Isis member in New York Just an Isis enthusist. 
    Michael Jordan inspired me when I was playing a lot of basketball but that does not mean that I was a member of the Chicago Bulls.
    Isis is on the way out.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PB11041 said:
    dignin said:
    I guess I look at it this way.  Do I think the Russians and more specifically Putin are evil geniuses that worked covertly to undermine the US Presidential election, or bumbling nimrods who hired a bunch of flunkies to run Facebook accounts that were easily traced back to them?  I find it hard to square that circle. 

Simultaneously do I think that Paul Manafort is a corrupt lobbying sycophant who peddled influence to make money?  Yes, yes I do. 

I suspect that in the high stake game of world politics, what we are seeing is the blow back when people are viscerally angry about the outcome (and by people I am not talking about the electorate).   Manafort has always been a shady character and given the circumstances, taking him down and even loosely having that tied to the election is not a bad outcome for those who lost.  

I don't think Putin gave a flying fuck about being found out. Actually, I think he wanted the world to know that he helped put Trump in office. And that American democracy would suffer as a result. He knows the US isn't going to do jack shit to them. And if they do, it's Putin's people that will suffer, not him directly. He's sitting there laughing his shirtless ass off. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Go Beavers said: 
    If you’re supportive of looking at voter data, then why were you so quick to poo poo the data that shows a significant number of voters were undecided at the last minute and then swung more towards trump on election day?
    Data as in x number of people actually voted for A vs B is a lot different than polls that suggest that people implied they were undecided.

Polling data is fundamentally flawed.  It doesn't account for what people did, it asks a certain number of people why they think they did something and then applies it to everyone.  

I will give you a rudimentary example of how polling is often wrong.  I work at a business that routinely asks consumers of our clients products and services where they heard about the product or service.

We had one example in which for multiple years running one of the choices was the New York Times.  Inevitably it was the number 1 choice, each year, and we never did any marketing of any kind in the New York Times.  People are amenable to thinking one thing because it is how they want to be perceived or how they think people want to perceive them.

Similarly we have another client who markets products using almost exclusively television, and in the same manner respondents in self reported surveys choose magazines and newspapers as the source of where they heard of us.  Because they want to be perceived as reading, not watching TV.  

This is not uncommon, anchoring and availability as behavioral tactics are a proven phenomenon.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    PB11041 said:
    dignin said:

who did Manafort work for for a good stint of campaign , you make it sound like the head bafoon didn't know who had their dirty little hands in the cookie jar ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PB11041 said:
    Go Beavers said: 
    Data as in x number of people actually voted for A vs B is a lot different than polls that suggest that people implied they were undecided.

Polling data is fundamentally flawed.  It doesn't account for what people did, it asks a certain number of people why they think they did something and then applies it to everyone.  

I will give you a rudimentary example of how polling is often wrong.  I work at a business that routinely asks consumers of our clients products and services where they heard about the product or service.

We had one example in which for multiple years running one of the choices was the New York Times.  Inevitably it was the number 1 choice, each year, and we never did any marketing of any kind in the New York Times.  People are amenable to thinking one thing because it is how they want to be perceived or how they think people want to perceive them.

Similarly we have another client who markets products using almost exclusively television, and in the same manner respondents in self reported surveys choose magazines and newspapers as the source of where they heard of us.  Because they want to be perceived as reading, not watching TV.  

This is not uncommon, anchoring and availability as behavioral tactics are a proven phenomenon.
    A poll that asks the question why would be flawed, so valid ones stay away from that question. In polls about the election, they just asked before and after. People often go to the claim that people lied in the polls when it doesn’t fit the narrative. Regardless, here’s a good article on it with data:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/voters-really-did-switch-to-trump-at-the-last-minute/amp/

PB11041 said:
    dignin said:

who did Manafort work for for a good stint of campaign , you make it sound like the head bafoon didn't know who had their dirty little hands in the cookie jar ...
    Actually, I don't make it sound that way at all.  That is how you chose to read it.  Manafort having dirty money ties to Russian business and political influences for over a decade in the Ukraine really is about Manafort and certainly protecting those is obviously in his interest.  Whether any of that had any tangible impact on the US election versus being grotesque money laundering that was clearly done in a means of evading something he thought would be perceived as illegal activity is a whole other issue.  Either way, Manafort it appears is toast and everyone has known that for months.  Whether anything that he was indicted on has anything to do tangibly with the election seems to rely very much on whether they get a plea for something they do not already have.  Because if he could be tried on that already they would have indicted him on that.  Ergo it is very possible he is a just a scumbag that evaded taxes, potentially meddled in other countries affairs for his own personal gain and also happened to parlay his washington insider positioning to be a campaign director for someone who many seem to universally see as a walking idiot.   So is it so hard to believe that the "head bafoon (sic)" didn't know who had their dirty little hands anywhere?  No it really is not.   For a guy who is so hideously self conscious about things that are blatantly obvious, ie the size of a crowd or the actual vote tally in the election vs the electoral college vs history of elections, it really is not terribly impossible for me to imagine that he wouldn't even recognize his campaign manager.

In short, don't assume because A someone doesn't see something exactly the way you do that B they are supporting them or C defending them as much as D skeptical of jumps to conclusion that are not so elementary simply because it would nice and convenient if they were.

It would be great if all the most wild dreams of conspiracy were true and it took down the whole Trump administration.  What do I care, I am not a supporter, a Republican and would welcome if anyone actually was guilty of any assorted charges being charged and convicted.  That said, with past as prologue and an understanding of what the indictments are rather than a hysterical entertainment driven news aspect about the, I am not holding my breath.

https://www.popehat.com/2017/10/30/lawsplainer-the-manafortgates-indictment/

https://www.popehat.com/2017/10/30/lawsplainer-the-george-papadopoulos-guilty-plea/

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    dignin said:

Actually, I don't make it sound that way at all.  That is how you chose to read it.  Manafort having dirty money ties to Russian business and political influences for over a decade in the Ukraine really is about Manafort and certainly protecting those is obviously in his interest.  Whether any of that had any tangible impact on the US election versus being grotesque money laundering that was clearly done in a means of evading something he thought would be perceived as illegal activity is a whole other issue.  Either way, Manafort it appears is toast and everyone has known that for months.  Whether anything that he was indicted on has anything to do tangibly with the election seems to rely very much on whether they get a plea for something they do not already have.  Because if he could be tried on that already they would have indicted him on that.  Ergo it is very possible he is a just a scumbag that evaded taxes, potentially meddled in other countries affairs for his own personal gain and also happened to parlay his washington insider positioning to be a campaign director for someone who many seem to universally see as a walking idiot.   So is it so hard to believe that the "head bafoon (sic)" didn't know who had their dirty little hands anywhere?  No it really is not.   For a guy who is so hideously self conscious about things that are blatantly obvious, ie the size of a crowd or the actual vote tally in the election vs the electoral college vs history of elections, it really is not terribly impossible for me to imagine that he wouldn't even recognize his campaign manager.

In short, don't assume because A someone doesn't see something exactly the way you do that B they are supporting them or C defending them as much as D skeptical of jumps to conclusion that are not so elementary simply because it would nice and convenient if they were.

It would be great if all the most wild dreams of conspiracy were true and it took down the whole Trump administration.  What do I care, I am not a supporter, a Republican and would welcome if anyone actually was guilty of any assorted charges being charged and convicted.  That said, with past as prologue and an understanding of what the indictments are rather than a hysterical entertainment driven news aspect about the, I am not holding my breath.

https://www.popehat.com/2017/10/30/lawsplainer-the-manafortgates-indictment/

https://www.popehat.com/2017/10/30/lawsplainer-the-george-papadopoulos-guilty-plea/

nah head bafoon def knew what was going to happen with the Russian support he knew the fix was on , you might not belive it but i do how many times has he stated " I don't know any Russians and i don't have any deals with Russians " only to be proven wrong ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PB11041 said:
    Go Beavers said: 

A poll that asks the question why would be flawed, so valid ones stay away from that question. In polls about the election, they just asked before and after. People often go to the claim that people lied in the polls when it doesn’t fit the narrative. Regardless, here’s a good article on it with data:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/voters-really-did-switch-to-trump-at-the-last-minute/amp/

Familiar with the article which has a perplexing penultimate paragraph

"Still, we shouldn’t discount the possibility that voters might have gravitated to Trump anyhow. Research has long suggested that over the course of a campaign, partisans come home to their party’s candidate. Between mid-October and our post-election wave, Trump picked up almost 4 percentage points from people who had backed Romney four years before, suggesting that Republican identifiers were doing just that. Trump’s media coverage in the final two weeks was markedly more positive than it had been during the prior weeks, and it’s possible that shift in coverage was just the opening some Republicans and Republican-leaning voters needed to get behind Trump."

Which is summary states that the findings are basically inconclusive because it is also very likely that people who said they were not going to vote for Trump, ultimately came home to roost.  

You had to go for the sic, didn’t you?

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I found this Donald the Duck thing to be hilarious last year, anyone remember?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/kill-damn-duck-ex-dnc-head-brazile-describes-clash-trolling-trump-donald-duck-costumes-110027141.html
    "DELORES"
    It was widely reported in the summer of 2016 that activists dressed in Donald Duck costumes were showing up at Trump campaign rallies and Trump Tower, seeking to draw attention to the GOP candidate’s refusal to release his tax returns.

Brazile writes that she was so upset about the Donald Duck costumes that it brought out a dark side of her personality she calls “Delores.”

“I’m slow to anger, very slow, but once I am angry, get out of Delores’ way,” Brazile writes. She called Marc Elias, the senior lawyer for the Clinton campaign, and told him “that I had heard from ABC and Disney about the duck and he had to kill it.”

If anyone cares, the dark side of my personality is named JEREMIE!
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    JC29856 said:
    I found this Donald the Duck thing to be hilarious last year, anyone remember?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/kill-damn-duck-ex-dnc-head-brazile-describes-clash-trolling-trump-donald-duck-costumes-110027141.html
    "DELORES"
    It was widely reported in the summer of 2016 that activists dressed in Donald Duck costumes were showing up at Trump campaign rallies and Trump Tower, seeking to draw attention to the GOP candidate’s refusal to release his tax returns.

Brazile writes that she was so upset about the Donald Duck costumes that it brought out a dark side of her personality she calls “Delores.”

“I’m slow to anger, very slow, but once I am angry, get out of Delores’ way,” Brazile writes. She called Marc Elias, the senior lawyer for the Clinton campaign, and told him “that I had heard from ABC and Disney about the duck and he had to kill it.”

If anyone cares, the dark side of my personality is named JEREMIE!
    They don’t.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by RYME on
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    LOL
    edited November 2017
    Nothing beats this one.

Watch until the end.

unsung said:
    Nothing beats this one.

Watch until the end.

Your killing me with that Enya song.
    When I was 19 my girlfriend and I used to listen to that Enya album all the time.  
    Golly Geeze..
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    I remember that Enya tune being played a lot after 9/11
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785
    Judge again dismisses Clinton email suits

A federal judge has dismissed — for a second time — a pair of lawsuits seeking to force the State Department to do more to recover former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's emails.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/10/clinton-email-suits-dismissed-244770
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Russia colluded and Putin’s puppet is at his service. Yee haaw!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©