Hillary Clinton: What happened

Comments

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Kat said:
    Brazile: I found no evidence Democratic primary was rigged

"I found no evidence, none whatsoever," she told ABC's "This Week."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/politics/donna-brazile-primary-rigged/index.html

Odd, she just said in her book that she wanted to replace Clinton with Biden because of that reason.

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,756
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    Nominate a candidate that doesn't cheat her way to the nom.
    ...still buying into that russian propaganda I see...
    "Just in the last week alone, there have been four major factually false claims that have gone viral because journalists on Twitter endorsed and spread them: three about the controversy involving Donna Brazile and the Democratic National Committee, and one about documents and emails published by WikiLeaks during the 2016 campaign. It’s well worth examining them, both to document what the actual truth is, as well as to understand how often and easily this online journalistic misleading occurs."

https://theintercept.com/2017/11/05/four-viral-claims-spread-by-journalists-on-twitter-in-the-last-week-alone-that-are-false/

In the meantime, everyone is busy looking for boogeymen to blame. It is not the russians, it is not the alt-right (that is such a miniature scope of anything), it was not Bengahzi, it was not any mystical force.

The presidential election has become a hype festival of empty promises that are totally unattainable or deliverable and completely outside the scope of a single human being to deliver, even if they went extra crazy on executive orders.  

As voters, US citizens have been trained to believe that they can be saved be a magical person labeled the President.  And the basic truth at this point is that a small but not insignificant block of voters who feel no allegiance whatsoever to any party any longer will most likely vote for someone who represents the potential for change/disruption to the system, a system which that they see as having dismally failed them. Unfortunately politicians are generally BS artists all too happy to fill this role of the easter bunny of happiness.  

Trump won Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.  Those states all went Obama twice.  Why?  Because, and especially in 2008, Obama represented a change to what was seen as status quo to that block of voters.  Eight years later and in more desperate mode for some, Trump was the ultimate hand grenade.  There was no nuance needed.  Clinton represented 25 years of Washington that was not what they were looking for.  

If the Democrats run an establishment candidate against Trump in 2020, they will lose.  The only chance that candidate wins is if they spend more time in the areas that have crumbled in the US the last two decades and be blatantly honest with them.  A politician can not save them.

Trump represented, for better or worse anti-establishment.  That may seem totally ridiculous and short sighted to some, and a complete farce to others.  But overlooking that will only keep him in office in a few years.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    It is of course very weird to be far more concerned with what Hillary Clinton did or didn't do with the DNC to win the nomination than you are with what Donald Trump did or didn't do with the Russians to win the Presidency.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,565
    RYME said:
    Yes the country voted a total idiot for our president ..
    please post one good quality he possesses any of you up above ^^^^
    i voted for Clinton If Bernie would got the nod I would of voted for him they both possess better leadership quality then the bafoon that's currently in Asia embarrassing this great country !!
    1.Neil Gorsuch
    2. Unemployment is at a 17-year low.
    3. Better than 3% GDP growth.
    4. Military spending is back up. So our military can have what I needs to function.
    5. We haven't heard much from ISIS lately.
    I call that a good start.
    6. Took the regulatory burden boot off the neck of American businesses.
    1. Not a good thing and probably the only thing that people consider a success by trump
    2. And 3. Have very little to do with trump, if anything. 
    4. The military has a managment problem if it couldn’t function properly with its already enormous bloated budget.
    5. We have and trump is only encouraging terrorism, not doing anything to negate it.
    6. What burdens have been removed that are helpful? 
    JimmyV said:
    It is of course very weird to be far more concerned with what Hillary Clinton did or didn't do with the DNC to win the nomination than you are with what Donald Trump did or didn't do with the Russians to win the Presidency.
    Well when the former head of the DNC makes the statements you should be concerned, not so much over some allegations because you lost.

BTW, keep it up and you'll get eight years of Trump.  
    I'd actually be more concerned with my party believing that I was stupid enough for them to try to pull such a fast one.  The DNC must really hate its voters.  How insulting.

unsung said:
    I'd actually be more concerned with my party believing that I was stupid enough for them to try to pull such a fast one.  The DNC must really hate its voters.  How insulting.

It's not my party. Kinda the point. The Democrat's fiasco is the Democrat's fiasco. Trump's fiasco is the country's fiasco. So like I said, it's very weird to be more concerned about the former than you are about the latter.

The thing about the conspiracy theory of collusion with Russia...

Has anyone yet shown a person who was going to vote for Clinton, but because of a Facebook ad or Twitter bot changed their mind and flipped to Trump?

Particularly in the states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin.  

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785
    RYME said:
    i voted for Clinton If Bernie would got the nod I would of voted for him they both possess better leadership quality then the bafoon that's currently in Asia embarrassing this great country !!
    1.Neil Gorsuch
    4. Military spending is back up. So our military can have what I needs to function.
    Neil Gorsuch is a joke.  I can't wait for him to resign after tRump does.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    edited November 2017
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

It's not my party. Kinda the point. The Democrat's fiasco is the Democrat's fiasco. Trump's fiasco is the country's fiasco. So like I said, it's very weird to be more concerned about the former than you are about the latter.
    I was not trying to imply that it was your party.

You know I have been told time and time again to not live my life in fear on these forums, so the guy that has the crown doesn't really change the temperature of the interior of my refrigerator. 
    Post edited by unsung on
    PB11041 said:

Has anyone yet shown a person who was going to vote for Clinton, but because of a Facebook ad or Twitter bot changed their mind and flipped to Trump?

No.
    edited November 2017
    PB11041 said:

That's a fair question. I don't know that anyone has. I don't know that anyone can, either. Nate Silver has argued that Jim Comey was the decisive factor in 2016, but to do so he points to a pool of late deciding voters whose existence I question. Hillary Clinton has been at the top of Democratic politics for 25 years. I don't believe there were really that many people out there who didn't have an opinion on her one way or the other who could be convinced by Jim Comey or a Russian Facebook ad to vote for Donald Trump. What you had were people who were never likely to vote for Clinton, regardless of what they told exit polls. If it wasn't Comey or their crazy Uncle sharing something on Facebook it would have been something else, IMO. Not saying any of these things didn't hurt Clinton because they did. However, her weaknesses and flaws as a candidate overall is what ultimately led to her defeat.

Post edited by JimmyV on

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PB11041 said:

that would be impossible to quantify. if what you are saying here is what I think you are saying, the billions spent on political ads in the media are a complete waste of money?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PB11041 said:

There were a lot of people who waited until the last moment to decide who to vote for. Comey swayed it at the end. 
    edited November 2017
    Why did Hillary Clinton spend over $1B for a $400k/yr job?  

Is she still doing those $200k speaking gigs?

Is she still taking donations for uranium?  Russian collusion being the topic, seems relevant. 
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

You know I have been told time and time again to not live my life in fear on these forums, so the guy that has the crown doesn't really change the temperature of the interior of my refrigerator. 
    You were told not to live in fear when you were fearing the boogieman version of Barack Obama you had created in your head. It was good advice, but it doesn't quite apply the same way now.

LOL, it most certainly does.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    RYME said:
    1.Neil Gorsuch
    I asked for good human quality's please post them and to your point yeas all good with the stock market but fuck the that stupid peice of paper that's called the constitution you could care less about human rights as long as your 403 is going up , so again please post the good human quality's that you could point too when telling your children about this President ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    People actually like Hillary Clinton? 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    riley540 said:
    No but i def didn't wan't whos currently representing us to the world do you ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    riley540 said:
    Way more than trump
    riley540 said:
    you mean the most qualified candidate to run for president, ever?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • riley540 said:
    Way more than trump
    2,500,000+ more than trump. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    PB11041 said:

that would be impossible to quantify. if what you are saying here is what I think you are saying, the billions spent on political ads in the media are a complete waste of money?
    Actually it is not impossible to quantify. Especially if they are seeking Google, Twitter, Facebook to supply information about ad spend, targeting etc, which by all accounts these companies have willingly supplied as is.  So basically it comes down to in states where actual difference was made, and where that can be dialed down do the precinct level you can very well get an idea if the dollars spent on social media campaigns and digital ads swayed a voters intent, ie changed their mind.  

For example any campaign spend in Texas, California, New York, Massachusetts is and was entirely a waste.  Trump had no chance of winning New York or Massachusetts or California just as Clinton had no chance of winning Texas. 

But in the states that flipped, you have reams of data from multiple election cycles, by county and precinct that would show indications of where change agents voted.  Compared to actual advertising campaigns you would then have the precursor to whether real influence may have occurred.

Moreover, Twitter specifically being that is was not an ad spend issue to be called out because of fake accounts by Russian moles is funny.  The actual penetration of US voting adults on Twitter is so absurdly low that to think that it would have had any tangible impact on voters in rust belt gutted out counties in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania is dubious. 

But in short if you think I am implying the billions spent on political ads are complete waste, no they are not a complete waste.  But because their intent largely is not to sway voters or inform voters who may be willing to consider a change, rather they are largely designed to placate the entrenched opinion of someone who has already decided and maybe not forget to go out and follow up on that preconceived opinion.  So in the sense that they are puff pieces designed to wave pom poms they are great.  In the sense of providing valuable information to people who give a rip they are a total waste of time and money.

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,768
    Absolutely. If she was in office, we'd be talking about what she's doing for families instead of stupid twitter comments. I would have liked that a lot.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    PB11041 said:

There were a lot of people who waited until the last moment to decide who to vote for. Comey swayed it at the end. 
    Highly unlikely.  There are a lot of people who SAY they are undecided until the last moment, and a great deal of that these days comes down to people do not want to indicate who they are going to vote for to anyone for fear of being mocked, ridiculed, shouted down.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

Actually it is not impossible to quantify. Especially if they are seeking Google, Twitter, Facebook to supply information about ad spend, targeting etc, which by all accounts these companies have willingly supplied as is.  So basically it comes down to in states where actual difference was made, and where that can be dialed down do the precinct level you can very well get an idea if the dollars spent on social media campaigns and digital ads swayed a voters intent, ie changed their mind.  

For example any campaign spend in Texas, California, New York, Massachusetts is and was entirely a waste.  Trump had no chance of winning New York or Massachusetts or California just as Clinton had no chance of winning Texas. 

But in the states that flipped, you have reams of data from multiple election cycles, by county and precinct that would show indications of where change agents voted.  Compared to actual advertising campaigns you would then have the precursor to whether real influence may have occurred.

Moreover, Twitter specifically being that is was not an ad spend issue to be called out because of fake accounts by Russian moles is funny.  The actual penetration of US voting adults on Twitter is so absurdly low that to think that it would have had any tangible impact on voters in rust belt gutted out counties in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania is dubious. 

But in short if you think I am implying the billions spent on political ads are complete waste, no they are not a complete waste.  But because their intent largely is not to sway voters or inform voters who may be willing to consider a change, rather they are largely designed to placate the entrenched opinion of someone who has already decided and maybe not forget to go out and follow up on that preconceived opinion.  So in the sense that they are puff pieces designed to wave pom poms they are great.  In the sense of providing valuable information to people who give a rip they are a total waste of time and money.

the point is you can gather all the data you listed above that you want.....without knowing who voted for trump that had previously thought they'd vote for clinton, the point is moot. not to mention who came out and voted that didn't vote in previous cycles, and who didn't come out who previously had. you can speculate and predict all that you want, but it is impossible to quantify. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

Highly unlikely.  There are a lot of people who SAY they are undecided until the last moment, and a great deal of that these days comes down to people do not want to indicate who they are going to vote for to anyone for fear of being mocked, ridiculed, shouted down.

You sound like someone trying to convince themselves they weren't suckered by russian propaganda.  Better luck to you next election cycle!  
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

In 2008 there was a concern that Obama's poll numbers before the election were artificially inflated with people who were scared to say they weren't willing to vote for a black man. We didn't really see any evidence that the concern was warranted in the election results, but I do wonder if there was a similar effect with Trump. Some people were unwilling to admit they were going to vote for Trump all along.