The Pizza Thread

Comments

• I've ordered before and they were good.  Not like fresh out of the oven, but good.  (And could be eaten in small portions, so as not to fuck one's stomach)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,713
    I've ordered before and they were good.  Not like fresh out of the oven, but good.  (And could be eaten in small portions, so as not to fuck one's stomach)

I did a Pequods on goldbelly. EXPENSIVE.
  • Get_Right said:
    I've ordered before and they were good.  Not like fresh out of the oven, but good.  (And could be eaten in small portions, so as not to fuck one's stomach)

Yeah, that is what I did.  Ordered 3, if I recall.  They were good.
    Get_Right said:

Yes, they were very good. But $50 a pie?
  • Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Everything is payout on Goldie.  I like that site but it is 🔥 💰 
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

It is what it is LOL. You pays your money and takes your chances. 

• BLACK35 said:
    Got a small pepperoni deep dish from Lou Malnati’s. Thought it was excellent for my 1st deep dish. Thanks for tip on not getting a large, wife and I split the small and we were both stuffed when done
    My god that's beautiful!!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    i order a 6pk of Lous in the mail around the holidays, when they run their get 7th pie free....its great to get one out of the freezer during a football game in the winter

Been to lou's many times, its heavy but amazing
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,348
    I made dough last night for tomorrow's pizza, so about a 40 hour ish cold prove. But it was late, after a few beers and after the football game and I think I messed up and put in a little too much oil and some of the flour spilled out of the mixer when I was putting it in. Definitely noticed the dough balls were a lot stickier than a couple weeks ago. We'll see how it turns out! 
    www.myspace.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,602
     Definitely noticed the dough balls were a lot stickier than a couple weeks ago. 

This weekend we rock Portland
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,367
    CROJAM95 said:
    i order a 6pk of Lous in the mail around the holidays, when they run their get 7th pie free....its great to get one out of the freezer during a football game in the winter

The stuff they send thru the mail is pretty good? What site do you use to order? Thanks
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,852
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

life of a 1%er.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,837
    mcgruff10 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

The stuff they send thru the mail is pretty good? What site do you use to order? Thanks
    Please. Would like to try. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,367
    Went a Sicilian, plain and Stromboli tonight from a place we used to order from.  Very mid. Won’t be ordering from there again.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • For the Chicago shows we stayed at a hotel a walking distance from the Little Italy neighborhood. We ate at a restaurant called Pompei. It has been around since 1909. It was delicious! My wife got a chicken broccoli Alfredo pizza that was outstanding. I ordered a strudel which was sort like a calzone but  wrapped in a savory strudel dough crust that was perfect. Cannoli and gelato for desert. If you are ever near there do yourself a favor and stop there. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    mcgruff10 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Tastesofchicago.com

they flash freeze them, come in little tins… they come out great

This pizza story comes with a twist.

So I cold proved these for over 40 years. Same NY style recipe as last time, using all purpose flour instead of the tipo 00 kind. They turned out great. Little bubble going with the plain pie that made turning it a little difficult but it was delicious (lil too much sauce on the plain though):

NOW FOR THE TWIST!

Last time I made this a couple weeks ago, I also had a slice of my mother in law's pecan pie for desert. It was a new recipe of hers and it was fucking awesome......about 4 hours later though, I got sick. Diarrhea (cha cha cha), uncontrollable sneezing, head felt like it weighed 200 pds, etc etc etc....this lasted most of that night. It was awful. I just assumed that I must've developed an allergy to pecans recently or something. 

WELL......I experienced those same exact symptoms on Saturday night a few hours after eating these delicious pizzas! Same exact symptoms. Now I am thinking maybe the pepperoni had gone bad so I checked that and it doesn't expire until November 2023 (in my food poisoned state, I had to think twice about what year we are currently in to be sure). Totally confused, I finally think to check the flour, as that's the only real thing different in my pizza recipe (other than a little sugar and olive oil)......expiration date:

My wife uses this stuff. I've only used it for cutlets every now and then but I didn't even think about double checking the expiration. May of 2021! I never thought one could get sick from flour but apparently you can (though my wife was fine). 

So, to sum things up: I've made delicious pizza the last two times out...however I've also successfully poisoned myself both times. And I owe my mother in law an apology.

Check expiration dates, folks. 

www.myspace.com

So I cold proved these for over 40 years

Wow. Did you start in elementary school?

:lol:

• We planned to but then did not go to Lou's in Chicago this time around. But after the show we went to a Rosati's in the loop. They do deep dish and also pasta and all that but they had large individual pieces for sale too and we tried three kinds. A peperoni, one with Italian sausage and then the one in the photo below, with chicken, jalapeno and bacon sprinkles. It does not look super appetizing here but it hit the spot absolutely perfectly. I think there was cream cheese on there too. It was hot, fresh and heavenly. Their dough was a mix between a thin crust and a regular "American" crust. It was wonderfully chewy and crusty and had the right amount of saltiness (I hate it when the dough is too fluffy and has sugar in it). The rim was folded over or slightly rolled up, which I really liked too. The peperoni and Italian sausage style were also top knotch.
    Poncier said:

So I cold proved these for over 40 years

Wow. Did you start in elementary school?

:lol:

Woops. Maybe that was what made me sick

^That pizza looks great Leezestarr
    www.myspace.com
  • Hahaha.  I think you should make some scones or something just to be sure you found the culprit with the flour.  ;)

Rosatis looks good.

Had a pizza today - spicy meat and peppers.  Quite tasty.

• Hahaha.  I think you should make some scones or something just to be sure you found the culprit with the flour.  ;)

Rosatis looks good.

Had a pizza today - spicy meat and peppers.  Quite tasty.

Oh, yum!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,852
    I’m not buying it, juggler. I routinely eat “expired” stuff with no ill effects. expired flour? nah.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    I’m not buying it, juggler. I routinely eat “expired” stuff with no ill effects. expired flour? nah.
    I cannot think of anything else it could've been though. 
    www.myspace.com
  • A couple years ago I found Worcestershire Sauce in my fridge that had expired before we moved into the house, in 2006.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • I routinely eat expired stuff, as well, but not to the extent that Wob does.  His insides are expired.
    A couple years ago I found Worcestershire Sauce in my fridge that had expired before we moved into the house, in 2006.
    The previous homeowners left stuff in the fridge?
  • Poncier said:
    A couple years ago I found Worcestershire Sauce in my fridge that had expired before we moved into the house, in 2006.
    The previous homeowners left stuff in the fridge?
    Did they leave any mayo?
  • No, I moved expired stuff to the new house.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,837
    Heard that old flour can mess you up from a baker. Good PSA