The Pizza Thread

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,979
    Thread integrity.  Not sure if I posted this but Barstool went to one of my old Pizza joints to try them out.  Pizzaiola in Oceanside.  They used to be the best here but have done something different where it doesn't taste the same and the scoring shows it.  The guy called it "football pizza".
    Screw that barstool guy.
    I agree with him on this one though.  It has gone downhill.  I don't even bother going there anymore.
    Guilty pleasure is laughing at douchelord's one bite pizza reviews.
    "Everybody knows the rules" takes another bite...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,367
    Guilty pleasure is laughing at douchelord's one bite pizza reviews.
    "Everybody knows the rules" takes another bite...
    I can’t stand him.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,348
    Thread integrity.  Not sure if I posted this but Barstool went to one of my old Pizza joints to try them out.  Pizzaiola in Oceanside.  They used to be the best here but have done something different where it doesn't taste the same and the scoring shows it.  The guy called it "football pizza".
    You should avoid Pizzailoa's Chicken Ranch Pizza at all costs lol:

https://www.menuwithprice.com/menu/pizzaiola/new-york/oceanside/622075/

www.myspace.com

HAHAHA!!! What's funny about that in the video a guy says "yo try the buffalo slice"  The guy looks at him w ten heads because he's like me a purist.  He's not eating a damn buffalo slice.

And again it's not NY PIZZA!!!!

HAHAHA!!! What's funny about that in the video a guy says "yo try the buffalo slice"  The guy looks at him w ten heads because he's like me a purist.  He's not eating a damn buffalo slice.

haha.....I'm gonna go with a NY Style next time I fire up the ooni. 
    www.myspace.com

https://www.pizzaiolaoceanside.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/takeout-pizzaiola.pdf

I went to their website and never saw that chicken ranch pizza.  Look at ingredients for their Pizza and it's sauce and mozz.  That's it.

https://www.pizzaiolaoceanside.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/takeout-pizzaiola.pdf

I went to their website and never saw that chicken ranch pizza.  Look at ingredients for their Pizza and it's sauce and mozz.  That's it.
    There are multiple pizzas on that menu with more than just mozz...
    www.myspace.com

Sure the dumb pizzas, Mesculin, Buffalo and Bianca.  Actually Bianca is a white pizza so I take that one back so 3 out of 20.  But no cheddar...  The bane of my initial argument!

Looking forward to your NY style pizza, lol!
    edited August 2023

Sure the dumb pizzas, Mesculin, Buffalo and Bianca.  Actually Bianca is a white pizza so I take that one back so 3 out of 20.  But no cheddar...  The bane of my initial argument!

Yeah but my initial point was just that most pizza's have a blend. I was not talking about one specific kind of pizza.
    www.myspace.com

Yeah but my initial point was just that most pizza's have a blend. I was not talking about one specific kind of pizza.
    Meh, those are specialty pizzas.  The rest are mozzarella.   Like I said, I don't know what these other places do to pizza but NY pizzerias don't use a cheddar blend for them.

I would be curious about sauces next.

Have any of you eaten at a place and the sauce is a wee bit on the sweet side?  Stretching that sauce a little further?

Meh, those are specialty pizzas.  The rest are mozzarella.   Like I said, I don't know what these other places do to pizza but NY pizzerias don't use a cheddar blend for them.

Have any of you eaten at a place and the sauce is a wee bit on the sweet side?  Stretching that sauce a little further?
    Lol...there plenty of places who use a blend in all their pizzas, not just the specialty ones. We're just going around in circles here as you keep moving the goal posts.

I like the sauce a tad on the sweet side. I ate the leftover one I made on Sunday as a soup its so good. Gotta use the San Marzano tomatoes. 
    www.myspace.com

Lol...there plenty of places who use a blend in all their pizzas, not just the specialty ones. We're just going around in circles here as you keep moving the goal posts.

I like the sauce a tad on the sweet side. I ate the leftover one I made on Sunday as a soup its so good. Gotta use the San Marzano tomatoes. 
    Horseshit on moving the goalposts.  I've always said NY pizzerias don't use a cheese blend or cheddar and that is holding true.

For sauce.  The pizza places may add a little extra sugar to stretch out the sauce.  

When I make a pot of sauce I add one tablespoon at a certain time of cooking.  Now I don't know if ading it at that time makes a difference but I think it tastes amazing when I do.

• Bangin'!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mcgruff10 said:

Now we're talking!
    www.myspace.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,713
    Yes good pizza does exist outside of NY. It's in New Haven, CT. The pizza reviews are entertaining no doubt.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    For me it’s Saverios in Massapequa new york

light, thin wood flavor. I enjoy all varieties ( foldable Ny slice, thin crust, deep dish) but their style best imo. When I go to Croatia/Italy I get that thin personal usually with ham/mushroom…in heaven after a swim in the Adriatic 
    Get_Right said:
    Yes good pizza does exist outside of NY. It's in New Haven, CT. The pizza reviews are entertaining no doubt.
    Don’t count out New Jersey.  
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,621
    edited August 2023
    CROJAM95 said:

light, thin wood flavor. I enjoy all varieties ( foldable Ny slice, thin crust, deep dish) but their style best imo. When I go to Croatia/Italy I get that thin personal usually with ham/mushroom…in heaven after a swim in the Adriatic 
    I had two amazing pizzas when I was in Croatia. I loved all the food I had there. 

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,852
    mcgruff10 said:

I must be missing something….that doesn’t look all that great to me….that said, I know mcgruff doesn’t fuck around.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    GlowGirl said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I had two amazing pizzas when I was in Croatia. I loved all the food I had there. 

Wish I were there now, my mom, sister, nieces, brother in law all there now…. I got stuck looking after (2) houses and a Boston terroir 😬

need to get over there next year, it’s a different life over there for sure compared to NY life

they have amazing pizza , there is a place near where my parents grew up that keep milk crates of Pepsi/ coke in the river… when you order one they yank the crate out and serve you… it’s ice cold, it’s a nice touch. Up in the mountains near Split. Wood flavor pizza is the best
    Is it really a pizza in Croatia or a flat bread? I have had some amazing flatbreads (US and abroad) that I would not call pizza. 
    Get_Right said:
    Is it really a pizza in Croatia or a flat bread? I have had some amazing flatbreads (US and abroad) that I would not call pizza. 
    It’s pizza for sure
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,621
    Get_Right said:
    What I had was definitely pizza.

CROJAM95 said:
    Get_Right said:
    It’s pizza for sure
    unlike what SC posts…

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Ok I trust those opinions. I grew up in CT and am spoiled by Apizza and greek style. I even found the pies in Naples to be sub par (but that was 10 years ago).
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I must be missing something….that doesn’t look all that great to me….that said, I know mcgruff doesn’t fuck around.
    Top three favorite pies for me. It s a tomato pie from  Maurcas in asbury park. I was a few hundred yards away from where pj played at sea hear now.  It was hot out of the oven with zero flop.   
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Top three favorite pies for me. It s a tomato pie from  Maurcas in asbury park. I was a few hundred yards away from where pj played at sea hear now.  It was hot out of the oven with zero flop.   
    how is that different from a “plain” (i.e. cheese and sauce) pizza?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ^
    Interesting that they call that a tomato pie. This is what they look like around here:

www.myspace.com