The Pizza Thread

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,998
    😂 
    I thought it might get a reaction.

Wood-fired place near us does some crazy pies and we usually can’t decide and go half and half.

One side is a white pie, ground beef, pico de gallo, avocado and fresh lime juice.

Right side is soprasetta, arugula, roasted onions, and roasted garlic.

Sounds crazy but they are good. Crust there is always great.
    Not a pizza. One side is a soft taco the other is an appetizer.
    Hmm, well I did fold that slice in half. Maybe I did eat a taco? 🤔 😜 

Nah, it was pizza! But, yeah, weird pizza.
    lol, "taco".
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    mcgruff10 said:
    We just had what appears to be day old pizza delivered to the camp I work at.  Top five worst pizza I ever had.  The kids didn’t even eat it. 
    That makes me sad. Sad pizza.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mcgruff10 said:
    We just had what appears to be day old pizza delivered to the camp I work at.  Top five worst pizza I ever had.  The kids didn’t even eat it. 
    My kid told the same story about his camp pizza, last week.  They stay late and eat dinner there as a group 1x per session and they were excited for pizza.  He said the kids mostly made fun of it and barely ate.
    Frigging NJ pizza snobs!  🍕
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mcgruff10 said:
    My kid told the same story about his camp pizza, last week.  They stay late and eat dinner there as a group 1x per session and they were excited for pizza.  He said the kids mostly made fun of it and barely ate.
    Reheated pizza is usually horrible.  As a matter of fact I can't remember any pizza being reheated any good unless I through new mozzarella on there.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,271
    You can reheat pizza in an oven, but never in a microwave.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,241
    He isn't worried about the price of milk. He's worried about the price of arugula!!!
    YARN  Its a vegetable  My Blue Heaven 1990  Video gifs by quotes   5a816352
    Very well played. I always think of this scene when I hear ‘arugula.’
    He isn't worried about the price of milk. He's worried about the price of arugula!!!
    Sorry - it's one of those political quotes that just cracks me up.
    Any time I hear "arugula" I think of Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven, lol.
    And saw this after I posted. Bingo.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Was a dart board dropped on it before they boxed it yesterday?
    Sorry - it's one of those political quotes that just cracks me up.
    Any time I hear "arugula" I think of Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven, lol.
    And saw this after I posted. Bingo.
    I seriously need to revisit this movie!
    Yes, it makes it close but still not the same.  I don't have an ooni or pizza oven to get it to 600 degrees which I believe also helps with texture and such.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Reheated pizza is usually horrible.  As a matter of fact I can't remember any pizza being reheated any good unless I through new mozzarella on there.
    I'm down with reheated pizza.  I usually buy 3 different pies when we order and what we don't eat goes in the freezer.  (1 is gf for the wife and that shit doesn't taste good when hot, never mind reheated.  That doesn't go in freezer)

Is it as good as fresh?  Of course not.  If done correctly,though, I would argue that the good pizza frozen and reheated is better than almost all pizza ate while in LA.  

Certain types I cannot freeze and reheat.  

Agree on nuking.  No pizza goes in the microwave. 
    In fact, I almost never use that fucking thing - most everything tastes gross coming out of it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,782
    Air fryer works well on reheating. Not ideal, but pretty good.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,391
    There is no need to reheat pizza as good pizza is fantastic cold the next day. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,713
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm down with reheated pizza.  I usually buy 3 different pies when we order and what we don't eat goes in the freezer.  (1 is gf for the wife and that shit doesn't taste good when hot, never mind reheated.  That doesn't go in freezer)

Is it as good as fresh?  Of course not.  If done correctly,though, I would argue that the good pizza frozen and reheated is better than almost all pizza ate while in LA.  

Certain types I cannot freeze and reheat.  

Agree on nuking.  No pizza goes in the microwave. 
    In fact, I almost never use that fucking thing - most everything tastes gross coming out of it.

I went ten years without a microwave until my kids turned teenagers and demanded hot pockets and frozen breakfast burritos. It happens to work well for bacon and rice.

Reheating pizza, we do it in the toaster oven on warm until it gets up to a good temp.  It works.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,379
    My kids reheat pizza in a fry pan with a little
     bit of water.  They swear by it.  I go air fryer or pizza stone in the oven.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited July 2023
    I put in oven and it’s great but pan on stove with water works well, too.
    Post edited by mookieblalock on
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Agreed. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,613
    mcgruff10 said:
    My kids reheat pizza in a fry pan with a little
     bit of water.  They swear by it.  I go air fryer or pizza stone in the oven.  
    I have heard that a skillet is a great way to reheat pizza. But when I am having leftover pizza, last thing I want to deal with is washing a skillet after. So normally I opt for cold pizza and agree with Juggs that it is damn good.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    I put mine on a sheet, tin foil in oven

10-12 min

CROJAM95 said:
    I put mine on a sheet, tin foil in oven

10-12 min

Same but it just tastes different...
    Cold pizza is breakfast and snack time  =)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,855
    nothing wrong with the nuker. different types of pizzas sometimes work better with different reheating methods.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427

Locally sourced hot sausage & onion from my fave spot. 
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,782
    Nice. That looks good!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,053
    ^^calzone!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,855

looks great!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Yum!
    23scidoo said:
    ^^calzone!!!!
    That’s right. Never had one when I was younger. Was a pizza for old people. We wanted the ones named after Turtles
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"