Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    Ok good.  Pizza looks good bud!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    A good Sicilian is bankable.  Light, even though it looks like it wouldn't be.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    It s a plain pizza vodka/margherita type day.  Oh yeah.   Vodka sauce is killer!! 
  • Options
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Wow they went bonzai with the Marg!
    (I love it)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I made a traditional Margherita on the weekend. I used buffalo mozzarella for the first time. It is worth the extra money.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Looks good!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Looks good!
    Thanks. Tasted amazing. My go to homemade pizza from now on.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I made a traditional Margherita on the weekend. I used buffalo mozzarella for the first time. It is worth the extra money.

Looks great! 
  • Options
    ^ ^  Thank you! Sure was.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    I’m going to a pizza place near Nashville for dinner tonight. Will report back but I’m keeping expectations in check. I’m not sure pizza is a specialty of southern cooking. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

Good looking pizza!! I agree, Buffalo Mottz is worth every penny, esp on a margarita.
  • Options

Looks great bud!!! Seems like you have perfected your craft. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    I'm still learning. Need to be able to stretch it better so I get an even crust all around.
  • Options
    Here’s what TN pizza has to offer. It did the trick but I’m spoiled back home lol

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    The one on top (half pepperoni half sausage I'm guessing) looks pretty good.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Agree, the top one looks very good
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    edited July 2019
    What they're saying is the bottom one looks like garbage. They're right!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The bottom was not my cup of tea. It was supposed to be buffalo chicken pizza but it had very little buffalo sauce or chicken. It had bacon, caramelized onions and even some regular tomato sauce. It sucked, but kids liked it.  The pepperoni was decent. Glad I went in with low expectations haha 
  • Options
    Top one looks great, bottom one is notmy cup of tea.  Where in tn are you?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Top one looks great, bottom one is notmy cup of tea.  Where in tn are you?
    This pizza place was just outside Nashville in franklin, TN. Very nice town. Lot of history in the area. Pizza just isn’t their thing. Lol 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,645
    edited July 2019
    bbiggs said:
    The bottom was not my cup of tea. It was supposed to be buffalo chicken pizza but it had very little buffalo sauce or chicken. It had bacon, caramelized onions and even some regular tomato sauce. It sucked, but kids liked it.  The pepperoni was decent. Glad I went in with low expectations haha 
    I think any pizza with chicken on it is not going to be very good! It is probably my second most hated pizza topping, after potatoes. I love chicken, but it just doesn't work on a pizza IMHO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    bbiggs said:
    I think any pizza with chicken on it is not going to be very good! It is probably my second most hated pizza topping, after potatoes. I love chicken, but it just doesn't work on a pizza IMHO.
    I fully agree. Certain buffalo chicken pizzas are decent, but in general, chicken and pizza don’t go well for me.  I’m pretty basic with my pizza taste though. I don’t get into the specialty pizzas as much. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    bbiggs said:
    Yeah agreed. It tends to dry out and to me it just doesn’t flow right for some reason.  Potatoes on pizza sounds gross to me. 
  • Options
    Don't think I have ever had pots on a pie.
    The original CPK BBQ chicken pizza is not too shabby.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Never heard of potatoes on pizza but the Irish part of me is intrigued.  Agree on chicken.  I don't necessarily hate it, but it doesn't make the best pizza topping. As McGruff said, it tends to dry out.  I pretty much only ever have it if it's a buffalo chicken pizza.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Looks good!
    Next time you're down on yourself, REMEMBER THE PIZZA!

Seriously, it looks damn good.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,645
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bbiggs said:
    Yeah agreed. It tends to dry out and to me it just doesn’t flow right for some reason.  Potatoes on pizza sounds gross to me. 
    Well they're just too starchy and heavy for a topping. Plus they soak up all the oil and get an egg plant kind of texture to them. Not great.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Looks good!
    Next time you're down on yourself, REMEMBER THE PIZZA!

Seriously, it looks damn good.
    Thanks. That's my mood now.