The Pizza Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Friday night pizza run for the kids;  two plain and a Brooklyn Sicilian. Yeah same ole same ole for us. Lol

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ I wish that was my same ol’ same ol’ haha 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Great article about the pizza we eat in Chicago a majority of the time.  Turns out we're not just stuffing our fat faces with deep dish all the time!

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/real-chicago-pizza-tavern-style
    Post tornado and hurricane winds that knocked out 90% of the power in our town.  Only pizzeria open and it is good.  Four plain pies enjoyed with our  neighbors.  Various beers being poured.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hope you kept power.  We have power down all around us but only suffered about an hour out the other night - unrelated to the storm.  (Was a PG&E fuck up)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Brett, we have no power until Friday from what I hear.  Generator is humming away and I have Tito s!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The other night was the first time we'd ever lost power.  (Our neighborhood has buried lines)
    Made me ponder a generator.
    Glad you have one in place!
    Damn. Sorry to hear about the power outages guys. Makes me really consider getting a generator. 

On a a positive note, pizza and beer!! 
    @bbiggs it really isn’t a bad investment.  Shit you probably spend $800 a month on beer lol.  Seriously thinking about wiring ours to natural gas.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    @bbiggs it really isn’t a bad investment.  Shit you probably spend $800 a month on beer lol.  Seriously thinking about wiring ours to natural gas.  
    Definitely a good investment. Imagine if you didn’t have it right now and lost power until Friday. That would be rough. Alright, that’s  it...as of tonight I’m switching to PBR so I can get a generator! 
    My biggest worry is my sump pump. I have a 100 hour back up battery but anything more than that then bye bye basement.  It really is t a solid investment. Right now I have my sump pump and back up battery charging, fridge, one light, fan and phone charging on the generator.  Not five star but we are keeping our heads above water. 
    I have a back up on the sump pump, but I don't know how long it would last ...gotta get a hand pump just in case.
    But....the pizza oven requires no power.  
    I’m fortunate that my sump pump never even goes off. The soil in my area drains very well, which is pretty atypical for Chicagoland in general. I have friends who’s basements have flooded due to sump pump failure. Not a fun experience. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Pizza>sump pumps
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    We had pizza from Rubirosa's here in NYC yesterday for happy hour in the office. The pepperoni was one of the best pies I have ever had. Delicious!!!
    dankind said:
    Pizza>sump pumps
    True story. 
    dankind said:
    Pizza>sump pumps
    True story.  Power back on.  Hallelujah.  
    Not pizza but a killer sandwich and pasta salad.  
    blaze pizza?  never heard of it.
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/lebron-james-backed-pizza-chain-is-americas-favorite-survey-160301513.html

LeBron James–backed pizza chain is America’s favorite: survey

They are all over.  Quick serve pizza.  Not bad but not what we think of as a good pizza round these parts!
    My brother in law ordered pizza and requested it well done.  Stuff was gross.  
    The pepperoni looks good. I like a well done pie every now and then but there is a fine line between well done and too well done. 

We had a pesto and artichoke pizza tonight. It was actually pretty good. No pics but I’ll snap one tomorrow of leftovers lol 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We ordered in pizza.

(I'm a huge fan of pesto too, biggs.  AND artichoke.)
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Made pizza at home tonight. Had a case of oven insufficiency so two pizzas are now cooked and I’m waiting for mine. The others have started to eat, of course. Why wait for theirs to get cold? :angry:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Made pizza at home tonight. Had a case of oven insufficiency so two pizzas are now cooked and I’m waiting for mine. The others have started to eat, of course. Why wait for theirs to get cold? :angry:

canadian bacon as a topping?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I thought that said "Vag" :rofl:
    hedonist said:
    I thought that said "Vag" :rofl:
    I see that everywhere I look as well.  ;)
    Darn, drove through New Haven the other day.  Would have checked this out. 
    Anyone in the CT area here?

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    One of the few instances I would eat sliced tomato.  That looks awesome!!