The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Guys... lay off fountain drinks.

Not only are they shitty for you, the lines that the syrup flow through are full of brutal bacteria.

I used to bartend while going to school. We had our lines cleaned professionally two times a month (the industry expectation was at least once). The pubs that were in minimal compliance had serious sanitation issues with their draft lines.

I still get draft beer, but only from reputable places. The hole in the wall establishment makes me leery.

A woman I worked with got food poisoning from a fountain soda at Safeco watching a baseball game.
    I am the anti-germaphobe....the more chances you take, the higher your immunity.

I agree somewhat. I don't take unnecessary chances with food though.

I've had food poisoning three times. Not fun. At all. When stricken with it... I understood very clearly the idea of assisted suicide. I don't ever want it again. My aunt lost her hips to a bout with food poisoning on a cruise ship (on which she worked) as a young woman and couldn't conceive children. It's nothing to mess with.

damn!

I’m still the anti-germaphobe. 

And I get it. You are correct in building up your immunity system through exposure. Every time I use hand sanitizer I feel a sense of regret knowing I've cleansed my hands of useful bacteria. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. 
    Not really damned if you don't. Only damned if you do. Nobody outside of a hospital should be using hand sanitizer. Just regular, non-antibacterial soap absolutely does the job that you need done, without contributing to the antibiotic resistant bacteria problem. I'm starting to feel like an anti-hand-sanitizer campaign should be launched TBH.
    Talk to me about why using hand sanitizer is a bad thing.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited March 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

Not only are they shitty for you, the lines that the syrup flow through are full of brutal bacteria.

I used to bartend while going to school. We had our lines cleaned professionally two times a month (the industry expectation was at least once). The pubs that were in minimal compliance had serious sanitation issues with their draft lines.

I still get draft beer, but only from reputable places. The hole in the wall establishment makes me leery.

A woman I worked with got food poisoning from a fountain soda at Safeco watching a baseball game.
    I am the anti-germaphobe....the more chances you take, the higher your immunity.

I've had food poisoning three times. Not fun. At all. When stricken with it... I understood very clearly the idea of assisted suicide. I don't ever want it again. My aunt lost her hips to a bout with food poisoning on a cruise ship (on which she worked) as a young woman and couldn't conceive children. It's nothing to mess with.

damn!

And I get it. You are correct in building up your immunity system through exposure. Every time I use hand sanitizer I feel a sense of regret knowing I've cleansed my hands of useful bacteria. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. 
    Not really damned if you don't. Only damned if you do. Nobody outside of a hospital should be using hand sanitizer. Just regular, non-antibacterial soap absolutely does the job that you need done, without contributing to the antibiotic resistant bacteria problem. I'm starting to feel like an anti-hand-sanitizer campaign should be launched TBH.
    Because it is antibacterial, and, just like with antibiotics, the overuse of antibacterial cleansers creates antibiotic and antibacterial resistant bacteria. So I say this for the same reason doctors say not to overuse penicillin and everything. Long story short, it creates superbugs.... and honestly, superbugs could be our ultimate downfall, and it will be all our fault.
    Same goes for spraying everything with Lysol constantly. I know a lot of parents do this especially. They need to stop!!!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

damn!

Because it is antibacterial, and, just like with antibiotics, the overuse of antibacterial cleansers creates antibiotic and antibacterial resistant bacteria. So I say this for the same reason doctors say not to overuse penicillin and everything. Long story short, it creates superbugs.... and honestly, superbugs could be our ultimate downfall, and it will be all our fault.
    Same goes for spraying everything with Lysol constantly. I know a lot of parents do this especially. They need to stop!!!!
    Very interesting and it makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for sharing.  
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

damn!

AI, climate change, nuclear warfare...now SUPERBUGS!  Man, oh man...we’re definitely.                     
    doomed! ;) 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,449
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

damn!

AI, climate change, nuclear warfare...now SUPERBUGS!  Man, oh man...we’re definitely.                     
    doomed! ;) 

pizza will save us!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

damn!

Here's the thing. If you are around someone that's sick or out and about with no immediate access to water and soap isn't it sensible to use hand sanitizer. Don't doctors advise using hand sanitizer and washing your hands frequently to avoid passing along colds, flu, virus etc.?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Hand sanitizer is great to use when you are not near a sink.  If you had kids you would get it.  
    People overdo everything of course....

Pizza.  I want some.  Perhaps tomorrow evening - let's see some pics of pizza!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

damn!

doomed! ;) 
    Like that meme: as soon as there’s flying sharks... then we’re f**ked!

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hand sanitizer is great to use when you are not near a sink.  If you had kids you would get it.  

Reminds me of the time my daughter and I were skipping rocks in Brooklyn under the Manhattan Bridge, and she picked up a used condom while scooping up rocks. I was always very anti-hand sanitizer, but I sure as shit wanted some then. 

Thankfully, there was a mom nearby who witnessed the whole ordeal and had some in her purse.

At least it wasn’t a needle. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Right?  Kids are the perfect reason to have some of that stuff around when out and about

• Options
    dankind said:

Reminds me of the time my daughter and I were skipping rocks in Brooklyn under the Manhattan Bridge, and she picked up a used condom while scooping up rocks. I was always very anti-hand sanitizer, but I sure as shit wanted some then. 

Thankfully, there was a mom nearby who witnessed the whole ordeal and had some in her purse.

Lol

That’s one of those, “Oh for f**ks sakes” moments.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    dankind said:

Reminds me of the time we were in Chicago and there was a park where we stopped to let the kids play and I found a used condom under the jungle gym area. To this day, we still refer to it as condom park. At least somebody had a good time there...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited March 2019
    Weird people care about using a condom out in the wild. Would be more worried about other things.

Haha, Scarred for life skipping rocks.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Weird people care about using a condom out in the wild. Would be more worried about other things.

Yeah, how weird that people don't want to come in contact with strangers' cum and other bodily secretions. Wait, that's not weird at all, that should be a normal reaction. What's weird that you are fine with a little bit of strange cum on your hands while out enjoying nature. None for me, thanks.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    :rofl: 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    jeffbr said:

Yeah, how weird that people don't want to come in contact with strangers' cum and other bodily secretions. Wait, that's not weird at all, that should be a normal reaction. What's weird that you are fine with a little bit of strange cum on your hands while out enjoying nature. None for me, thanks.
    I don't think that's what he meant.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

This just made my day. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    jeffbr said:

Same. My Swedelish is off a bit to discern what he actually did mean, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    jeffbr said:

I hope not! But since nobody seems to know what he actually meant, I'll have to go with the way I parsed his words for now. lol. My Swedelish is also a bit rusty, so I'm sure that contributes if I have misunderstood.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    I came here looking for pizza. Instead I got...
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    dankind said:
    jeffbr said:

I hope not! But since nobody seems to know what he actually meant, I'll have to go with the way I parsed his words for now. lol. My Swedelish is also a bit rusty, so I'm sure that contributes if I have misunderstood.
    Plus I am sure you are six or seven ipa s in already. ;)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited March 2019
    Homeless people and street hookers in Brooklyn like pizza and use both birth control and hand sanitizer.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    jeffbr said:

What the fuck is this? :O
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I came here looking for pizza. Instead I got...
    We just ordered some pies.  I m heading out to go pick them up. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    jeffbr said:

What the fuck is this?
    Communication breakdown lost in translation?
  • Options
    Went with a Stromboli, white and plain pie. 
  • Options
    Salmon instead of pizza.  Better for us but sure as shit won't taste better 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Get_Right said:
    jeffbr said:

What the fuck is this?
    I was just saying that putting on a condom to be seems to me a weird (but noble) prioritet with everything else to think about when having sexual relations out in the open. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    jeffbr said:

What the fuck is this?
    I was just saying that putting on a condom to be seems to me a weird (but noble) prioritet with everything else to think about when having sexual relations out in the open. 

Haha, my bad! (although I believe others read it similarly). Thanks for the clarification! Whew. I was concerned for a minute. :lol:
  • Options
    Salmon instead of pizza.  Better for us but sure as shit won't taste better 
    Be a man and put the salmon on the pizza!