Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    Those both look good.  (Except the basil looks burnt....I get pissed when I get that.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Those both look good.  (Except the basil looks burnt....I get pissed when I get that.)
    They kind of skimped on it too. A little more basil would have been awesome. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    Looks like they styled you on the Mozz, though!
  • Options
    Looks like they styled you on the Mozz, though!
    Yes they did us right on the mozz for sure! 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited February 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

Honestly... the pizza looks fine, but I think I know exactly how it tastes: it's plain.

The traditionalists in this thread stubbornly cling to basic pies. How about a couple toppings just to 'kick it up a couple notches'? Like... this pizza... but some crumbled Italian sausage and mushrooms? Maybe green peppers too?

This C+ pizza could have been an A. 
    I don’t see you posting shit. Man up and post some pictures of some of your nasty ass Canadian pizza with toppings.  Plain is where it is at. At some point pizza stops being pizza with all those weird ingredients.  

Guilty as charged.

I did have pizza the other night (Thursday) and felt guilty I never took a photo and posted it here.

But I stand by my statement. I'm not a 'works' guy, but I like some toppings. Otherwise... it's like your eating a deluxe flatbread grilled cheese sandwich.
    I totally agree. I like actual toppings on my pizzas - so many of the photos in this thread are ones of such plain, boring pizzas with one topping (if that). And I don't understand all the rejection when it comes to new/different pizza topping ideas! I say if it tastes good, do it! These preconceived notions about what toppings or sauces are "acceptable" are weird to me!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ^^^It gives me heartburn worse than a pizza ever could, lol.
    It's pretty absurd.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

Honestly... the pizza looks fine, but I think I know exactly how it tastes: it's plain.

The traditionalists in this thread stubbornly cling to basic pies. How about a couple toppings just to 'kick it up a couple notches'? Like... this pizza... but some crumbled Italian sausage and mushrooms? Maybe green peppers too?

I don’t see you posting shit. Man up and post some pictures of some of your nasty ass Canadian pizza with toppings.  Plain is where it is at. At some point pizza stops being pizza with all those weird ingredients.  

Guilty as charged.

I did have pizza the other night (Thursday) and felt guilty I never took a photo and posted it here.

But I stand by my statement. I'm not a 'works' guy, but I like some toppings. Otherwise... it's like your eating a deluxe flatbread grilled cheese sandwich.
    I totally agree. I like actual toppings on my pizzas - so many of the photos in this thread are ones of such plain, boring pizzas with one topping (if that). And I don't understand all the rejection when it comes to new/different pizza topping ideas! I say if it tastes good, do it! These preconceived notions about what toppings or sauces are "acceptable" are weird to me!

But probably not as weird as orange cheese though, eh?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

Guilty as charged.

Just like dirty, bitches about other people’s picutres but doesn’t post anything except criticize our outstanding plain pizza. Put your money where your mouth is and post that nasty ass Canadian pizza!  I want to see moose testicles, beaver tail and maple syrup as toppings on your next pizza.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    The assumption that anything other than a NY/NJ plain pie is nasty ass pizza is one of those rules I was talking about... 
  • Options
    The assumption that anything other than a NY/NJ plain pie is nasty ass pizza is one of those rules I was talking about... 
    no no, Canadian pizza is nasty ass.  And I don’t believe only ny/nj pizza is the only place to get a good pie. I do think it is the best place in the country to find great pizza, I mean they call it the pizza belt for a reason. But I have had fantastic pizza all over the country. However of the 15 times I have visited Canada I can honestly say it was probably the worst I have ever had. 
  • Options
    My favorite pizzas are cheese and sausage (especially Lous deep dish), sausage and green pepper (thin crust) or sausage and hot giardiniera (thin crust). The only exception where plain is better is a Sicilian. At least from what I’ve personally had. 
  • Options
    Yeah my favorite pies are:
    plain
    grandma pie
    margherita
    sicilian
    white

I was never really into busy food, I like the main ingredients do the talking. When I make a burger I go cheese and then maybe bacon or pork roll, I like to taste the main ingredient.  With pizza I want to Taste the crust, sauce and cheese since they are the best parts imo.  
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Only Canadian pizza I ever had was Hot & Fresh. It reminded me of Little Caesars when I was kid (opposed to LC nowadays).
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Don't believe I have ever had pizza while in Canada

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    Don't believe I have ever had pizza while on Canada 

Would you ever get sushi at a gas station?
  • Options
    We have covered that I am a sushi snob.
    Also....I don't want to expel from both holes at the same time, so no way!
  • Options
    It s like ordering pizza in Canada, you don’t do it. 
  • Options
    Brett we can’t post photos of our plain pizza because the Canadians are bored. Winter time really messes with their minds. 
  • Options
    Pictures of pizza aren't worth much though, some look really good, but probably aren't so amazing.
    Some of the very reputable pizzas are posted on here looking like cold vomit.  
  • Options
    The pizza dankind posted that started the Great Plain Debate of '19 is the most recent addition to the puke pile.  
    If you cropped the crust out you could slip that into the Boston Puke thread and nobody would know better.
  • Options
    I’m a sushi snob too. Unless I’m on the coast where I know it was pulled out of the water fresh, I won’t eat it unless it’s a top notch place because I know they’re shipping it properly and very fast. First sushi ever was in Del Mar, CA. I don’t think I’ve ever had better, so that started my snobby ways. Lol. Anyway, looking forward to leftover pizza for lunch. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    bbiggs said:
    I’m a sushi snob too. Unless I’m on the coast where I know it was pulled out of the water fresh, I won’t eat it unless it’s a top notch place because I know they’re shipping it properly and very fast. First sushi ever was in Del Mar, CA. I don’t think I’ve ever had better, so that started my snobby ways. Lol. Anyway, looking forward to leftover pizza for lunch. 
    What do you mean by sushi snob?  Just curious as I have been accused of that many times. I wont even touch the rolls at whole foods.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    bbiggs said:
    What do you mean by sushi snob?  Just curious as I have been accused of that many times. I wont even touch the rolls at whole foods.
    I mean I won’t get sushi from a strip mall joint, Whole Foods or anywhere else like that. It needs to be an actual sushi restaurant that I know is highly rated and FRESH. That’s the key word. Not something pulled out of the water a week ago. When it comes to raw fish, I’m pretty selective. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brett we can’t post photos of our plain pizza because the Canadians are bored. Winter time really messes with their minds. 

haha

I can see someone's sinus infection meds have kicked in.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

haha

I can see someone's sinus infection meds have kicked in.
    Lol.  Sinus infection is getting better. 
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    bbiggs said:
    Never eat at a roll place, forget any joint that offers all you can eat - guaranteed to be dogshit.
    Fake wasabi = highly questionable place...and most places use fake wasabi.
    Almost exclusively eat sashimi
    Never do anything with your sushi that the chef hands you other than eat it.  If you like with more wasabi, you let them know you like it spicy.  Dunking rice in any sauce is a no-no.
    Only eat at the sushi bar where I watch things done 
    I could go on and on

I don't refute it.  
  • Options
    Just had a great slice with seasame seeds on the crust.  The whole family loved it. Brett, it is called espositos in manasquan nj. They ve won multiple awards across the country for their pizza. I would have posted a photo but I didn’t want to bore people with another picture of a plain slice. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just had a great slice with seasame seeds on the crust.  The whole family loved it. Brett, it is called espositos in manasquan nj. They ve won multiple awards across the country for their pizza. I would have posted a photo but I didn’t want to bore people with another picture of a plain slice. 

Come on now, Mr. Sensitive. The pizza thread is a ball busting thread from time to time.

Sesame seeds qualify as 'kicking it up a couple notches'... sooo... you can be Canadian now!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    bbiggs said:
    Never eat at a roll place, forget any joint that offers all you can eat - guaranteed to be dogshit.
    Fake wasabi = highly questionable place...and most places use fake wasabi.
    Almost exclusively eat sashimi
    Never do anything with your sushi that the chef hands you other than eat it.  If you like with more wasabi, you let them know you like it spicy.  Dunking rice in any sauce is a no-no.
    Only eat at the sushi bar where I watch things done 
    I could go on and on

I don't refute it.  
    That sounds like a sushi snob to me.  Where do you live?  Not all cities have good Japanese sushi restaurants.  Many are run by Koreans and Chinese.  I am the same way, as I have traveled extensively in Japan.  That being said, I dont mind a good spider roll once in awhile.
  • Options
    Suburban Philadelphia (south jersey)
    NYC and Philly are both great restaurant cities but are both weak sushi cities .  Real sushi is rare and cost 2x what it should.
    When I lived in SoCal it was a slaughter.  
    LA has best sushi options outside of Japan.
    Never had good sushi from a Korean or Chinese owned place.  Like eating high end Italian from a Croation.  Silly