Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Dip pizza in ranch dressing?! Da fuck?!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

LOL ya, its a Domino's thing. Weed helps enhance the experience.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:

Pizza so shitty, ranch dressing improves it...
    Sounds like Domino's! lol

I've done it with Digiornos from time to time as well.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol. Awesome. I never heard of that, only with dominoes though right?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    If S_C is allowed to post actual photos of him cutting frozen vegan pizza with scissors,

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    mcgruff10 said:
    Get_Right said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Only Domino's and never before 10pm or you turn into a gremlin.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    Get_Right said:
    mcgruff10 said:

No, lots of people do this. I think every pizza chain and delivery joint in in BC (at least) offers "pizza dip". It's not ranch dressing though (that's a bit weird and gross). They have all kinds of different dips. Some of them are actually good. My place has a garlic sauce that I love - I drizzle a little on every slice. And it's great for the crust.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Blue cheese is good on a buffalo chicken pizza. I’ve only had this once (actually after Wrigley 1 this year at Yak-Zees) and they used buffalo sauce in place of tomato sauce. It had some kick! Pretty damn tasty. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    bbiggs said:
    Blue cheese is good on a buffalo chicken pizza. I’ve only had this once (actually after Wrigley 1 this year at Yak-Zees) and they used buffalo sauce in place of tomato sauce. It had some kick! Pretty damn tasty. 

then again, buffalo chicken should never be a pizza type.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    mcgruff10 said:

This is just wrong!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    If you've never had buffalo chicken pizza, you're totally missing out!
  • Options
    Also fuck ranch dressing.  The trailer park trash of sauces.
  • Options
    Yeah that stuff is nasty.  I'm not sure why people would dip their pizza in a sauce; is the pizza that shitty that you need to add more flavor to it?  That's like putting A1 sauce on a fantastic cut of filet mignon.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah that stuff is nasty.  I'm not sure why people would dip their pizza in a sauce; is the pizza that shitty that you need to add more flavor to it?  That's like putting A1 sauce on a fantastic cut of filet mignon.  
    Totally agree.  I don't know what it is with dipping pizza in ranch (or anything for that matter), but I've seen people do it. A lot. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    The parallel here though is that shitty to mediocre food tastes better with condiments. Adding ranch to Dominoes is the equivalent of adding A1 to an average steak. Ranch on a good pizza or A1 on a filet are clear no-no’s. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The parallel here though is that shitty to mediocre food tastes better with condiments. Adding ranch to Dominoes is the equivalent of adding A1 to an average steak. Ranch on a good pizza or A1 on a filet are clear no-no’s. 
    I totally agree with that.  Good call.  I think if I asked for dipping sauce at a solid pizza joint they might throw me out lol.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I like a little Franks on pizza from time to time
  • Options
    Hot dogs on pizza?!?!  ;)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Do you like them in your Spaghettio's also?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    For sure I use hot sauce on pizza sometimes....with the average ones.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    My man! Franks is good on just about everything. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I totally agree with that.  Good call.  I think if I asked for dipping sauce at a solid pizza joint they might throw me out lol.
    Just like they’d throw you out for asking for A1 at a good steakhouse. Lol 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I wouldn't even add A1 to an average steak.  Au poivre on the other hand...
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I’m a hillbilly at heart. Give me some A1 on dat dere steak! Lol 
  • Options
    For sure I use hot sauce on pizza sometimes....with the average ones.

Did you throw a little hot sauce on the upside down from Brooklyn Square?
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You'd add A1 (or even ketchup) to Scruffy's overcooked "medium well" chuck steaks he grills for his upper tier friends.

You'd also get a hell of a jaw workout and two rounds of flossing after the meal.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You'd add A1 (or even ketchup) to Scruffy's overcooked "medium well" chuck steaks he grills for his upper tier friends.

You'd also get a hell of a jaw workout and two rounds of flossing after the meal.
    whoa whoa whoa, we go medium rare in my house thank you very much.  I add salt, pepper and olive oil to my steaks and they turn out wonderful.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

whoa whoa whoa, we go medium rare in my house thank you very much.  I add salt, pepper and olive oil to my steaks and they turn out wonderful.  

Lol

I use the Montreal Steak Spice (hours before grilling), but never the olive oil. Why would I do that?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Lol

I use the Montreal Steak Spice (hours before grilling), but never the olive oil. Why would I do that?
    I've used montreal steak in the past and have loved it.  Olive oil is great too.