Options

Is America the greatest country in the world?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    so if some of us are grossly exaggerating the dirtiness of shoe tread, at the same time as underestimating how gross someone's feet are, would you be ok with someone walking/driving around your neighbourhood, stopping for gas and going to the washroom there, and then coming into your house and walking around with those same bare feet?
    Who cares?  Do you guys lick or eat off the floor? If the floor gets dirty I bust out my vacuum or swiffer and clean it up. 
    My kids do all the time, kids are gross.

This debate is great.
    Agreed, kids are gross. The other day My five year old decided to pissin the garbage can instead of the toilet. Good times.   
    glad I have girls. LOL
    I don’t know bud, my daughter is the toughest of the five.  That death look bro!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    so if some of us are grossly exaggerating the dirtiness of shoe tread, at the same time as underestimating how gross someone's feet are, would you be ok with someone walking/driving around your neighbourhood, stopping for gas and going to the washroom there, and then coming into your house and walking around with those same bare feet?
    Who cares?  Do you guys lick or eat off the floor? If the floor gets dirty I bust out my vacuum or swiffer and clean it up. 

This debate is great.
    Agreed, kids are gross. The other day My five year old decided to pissin the garbage can instead of the toilet. Good times.   
    glad I have girls. LOL
    I don’t know bud, my daughter is the toughest of the five.  That death look bro!!!!
    haha, i hear ya. my oldest has such a nasty death look her eyebrows seem to defy physics and actually go lower than her eyes. it's like out of a cartoon. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'm looking at the bottom of my shoes now.  Aside from being visibly discolored from normal wear, there is no caked-on dirt or loose debris that could be tracked anywhere.  Now I'm sure I could get a high-powered magnifying glass out and be proven differently, but when we're talking microscopic scale then we've reached the point of insignificance.
    my porch mats get quite dirty and need to be cleaned often. 
    Of course, I'm not saying it's like that all the time.  But that's why you have mats, so you can wipe your feet before going inside.  No different than floor mats in a car or the carpet or hardwood in the house.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'm looking at the bottom of my shoes now.  Aside from being visibly discolored from normal wear, there is no caked-on dirt or loose debris that could be tracked anywhere.  Now I'm sure I could get a high-powered magnifying glass out and be proven differently, but when we're talking microscopic scale then we've reached the point of insignificance.
    well I still shower even though I dont see any caked on dirt or loose debris on me. Stupid me. 

Maybe its different across the pond. 
    Shower with your shoes on.  All problems solved. :lol:
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I only wear shoes in the house if I am wearing cleats that will mark the floor up real good.  Otherwise, I take my shoes off and walk on my hands.  Isn’t that the norm?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    I only wear shoes in the house if I am wearing cleats that will mark the floor up real good.  Otherwise, I take my shoes off and walk on my hands.  Isn’t that the norm?
    i use my tongue as a pogo stick. 

i'm available for birthday parties, weddings, and bar mitzvas. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This debate is great.
    LOL. 5 SECOND RULE! 
    As a kid it was 10 seconds, as an adult...5.
    I always thought it was 3.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    PJPOWER said:

This could be a Gene Simmons joke. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:

Well no wonder you are grossed out by people wearing shoes indoors!  I bet you are a big hit with the bridesmaids as well, ha
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'll tell you one thing, I sure as hell wouldn't eat food I drop on a floor I don't control the cleanliness of. In my own home, sure, I eat food that falls on the floor all the time. Can't say I've ever licked a floor; tabletop, yes, yes I have.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,595
    mcgruff10 said:
    So when pj plays indoors next should I remove my shoes in order to be polite?
    The indoor arena I grew up with had a carpeted concourse once inside. The deadheads loved the shows there. If they arrived wearing shoes, they were very quickly shoeless.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This debate is great.
    I'll see your piss in a garbage can and raise you a half-asleep 8 year old pissing in to the cupboard below the bathroom sink, where my wife keeps all of her toiletries and such. That was a fun night...
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    So when pj plays indoors next should I remove my shoes in order to be polite?
    The indoor arena I grew up with had a carpeted concourse once inside. The deadheads loved the shows there. If they arrived wearing shoes, they were very quickly shoeless.
    There was a bar in college we went to that had carpet on some levels; super gross. You could feel your shoes wanting to remain behind every time you picked up your foot. The equivalent of moving in to a carpeted male dorm room. Yikes! They should have shoe condoms for treacherous terrain like that.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Well, where were you for the largest inauguration ever? They needed high class talent like that in between Toby Keith and 3 Doors Down.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly. It's a floor, not a table.... although either way, I clean them.
    What are the no shoes no matter what people's thoughts on pets on the tables and counters?
    Finally! I'm trying to catch up on this ridiculous thread. I have a dog, and have always had dogs. They go in and out of the house all day long. The last thing I care about is people wearing shoes in the house. And I know it sounds strange, but we also sweep, mop and vacuum. And PJSoul, your 100% Asian observation is accurate where I am. It is 100% Asians, mostly East Indians in my area, that are shoeless indoors. It is easy to tell which houses they live in on my street because their shoes are on the front porch (and occasionally I see posts from them about their shoes being stolen, lol). I'd say about 1% of the people I know remove shoes in their house, and I typically avoid going over since I prefer to remain dressed when out.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:

Well, where were you for the largest inauguration ever? They needed high class talent like that in between Toby Keith and 3 Doors Down.
    I was in the back of the crowd. 

also known as near the front. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    I take my shoes off, but I take them off inside the house, not outside. That’s just asking for trouble. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I take my shoes off, but I take them off inside the house, not outside. That’s just asking for trouble. 
    yeah, that's odd to me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Me too, often.  Well, usually with socks - c'mon, warm weather.

Anyway, to be (shod) or not to be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51tNaS-D7Qw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64CVhTw_92Y

Just respect the norms and requests of another culture while in their home or place of worship, or shut up and leave.

(Also, whomever posted that disgusting photo up there - a warning would be appreciated.  Jesus Footin' Christ!)

• Options
    ........... yes.... that.... is...... normal.....
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    Can you even get a taco in Sweden? 
    Yes. 

Is climate change even a priority for the administration in the US?
    Honestly, tacos are more important

And i'm calling bullshit on swedish tacos lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Can you even get a taco in Sweden? 
    Yes. 

Is climate change even a priority for the administration in the US?
    Honestly, tacos are more important

And i'm calling bullshit on swedish tacos lol
    Come to Gothenburg, get me drunk on Tequila and then maybe youuuu coooouuuuld beeee miii-iiiiiineeeeeee:

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This debate is great.
    I'll see your piss in a garbage can and raise you a half-asleep 8 year old pissing in to the cupboard below the bathroom sink, where my wife keeps all of her toiletries and such. That was a fun night...
    That is awesome! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    Nobody cares what Sweden does, especially with their shoes
    Norway is better than Sweden...just sayin’.  
    And fuck that fika, I’ll take my coffee to go!
    "Norwegians are so adamant about their “no shoes inside” policy, they even enforce it at primary schools—so that children learn it from a young age. "
    That has no relevance to what I just said...Why are you hung up on shoes?  But if shoe wearing is your measure, Norway is definitely way ahead of Sweden!
    Because the context of this threads discussion is for the moment different shoe-wearing cultures. Get a grip on how social situations work and how to act within them Cruzie. :) 

And yes, I bet Norway does a lot better than Sweden. Where is the conflict in that?
    So you must agree that Norway is better than Sweden since they push taking shoes off more.  I don’t have to worry too much about awkward social situations here, as people in general are pleasant with each other and enjoy socializing out in public.  I couldn’t handle the Swede’s social awkwardness...just sounds snobby.
    You're creating some false narrative here to back me into a corner. What has "pushing harder" to do with anything. 

I would think - in the context of shoewearing - that Norway is similar to Sweden -- "it is absurd to wear your outdoor shoes inside your house". 

And seems all sane people in this thread agree. Regardless of where they're from.
    False narrative?  Nothing false about Norway being the better country overall...especially in the shoe wearing contex...Tell me again, what culture is it weird or outside of the cultural norm to take shoes off indoors?  Seems that YOU are the one creating a false narrative...pretty “pedi” if you ask me, lol. (Pedi/ petty). I take my shoes off indoors, but personally, I’d rather have a shoe wearer in my house than a snobby Swede with an inferiority
    complex, but that is just me...
    again, I, nor anyone I know, ever wears shoes indoors, unless it's a separate pair specifically for that purpose. 
    Exactly, so do many I know in this not greatest country in the world, but it wouldn’t bug me either way if someone did...unless they had dog shit on their shoes or something.  It would probably be best if some people left their shoes on, though.  There are some nasty footed people out there and I would rather a place not smell like unhygienic feet, lol 
    it would bug me. I find it rude. it's not snobby at all. it's just rude to walk into someone's house and leave your shoes on.

and I don't understand why people keep saying he has an inferiority complex. if anything, it's the opposite (which I also don't believe). 
    You find it rude, but as others have stated, it is household by household.  I’ll agree to disagree with the last part, but thanks for the laugh!
    I think one person stated it is household by household. I have never been to any canadian's house where people leave their shoes on. NOT. ONE. 
    Hell, I’ve been to Canada and two out of the three houses I visited were shoe wearing indoors.
    maybe providencial as to the “standard”?
    where?
    Vancouver area

Late to this discussion, but I call bullshit. Nobody wears their shoes inside a home. Hell... even trade workers doing renovations place sleeves over their boots when they come into someone's home.

Dog shit. Spit. General filth. All on the bottom of your shoes... soon to be all over the inside of your home.

But whatever. If people see no difference from the sidewalk and their living room floor... who am I to judge?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This debate is great.
    Swedish kids never do that

hahahahahahaha

Best post yet.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    "Norwegians are so adamant about their “no shoes inside” policy, they even enforce it at primary schools—so that children learn it from a young age. "
    That has no relevance to what I just said...Why are you hung up on shoes?  But if shoe wearing is your measure, Norway is definitely way ahead of Sweden!
    Because the context of this threads discussion is for the moment different shoe-wearing cultures. Get a grip on how social situations work and how to act within them Cruzie. :) 

And yes, I bet Norway does a lot better than Sweden. Where is the conflict in that?
    So you must agree that Norway is better than Sweden since they push taking shoes off more.  I don’t have to worry too much about awkward social situations here, as people in general are pleasant with each other and enjoy socializing out in public.  I couldn’t handle the Swede’s social awkwardness...just sounds snobby.
    You're creating some false narrative here to back me into a corner. What has "pushing harder" to do with anything. 

I would think - in the context of shoewearing - that Norway is similar to Sweden -- "it is absurd to wear your outdoor shoes inside your house". 

And seems all sane people in this thread agree. Regardless of where they're from.
    False narrative?  Nothing false about Norway being the better country overall...especially in the shoe wearing contex...Tell me again, what culture is it weird or outside of the cultural norm to take shoes off indoors?  Seems that YOU are the one creating a false narrative...pretty “pedi” if you ask me, lol. (Pedi/ petty). I take my shoes off indoors, but personally, I’d rather have a shoe wearer in my house than a snobby Swede with an inferiority
    again, I, nor anyone I know, ever wears shoes indoors, unless it's a separate pair specifically for that purpose. 
    Exactly, so do many I know in this not greatest country in the world, but it wouldn’t bug me either way if someone did...unless they had dog shit on their shoes or something.  It would probably be best if some people left their shoes on, though.  There are some nasty footed people out there and I would rather a place not smell like unhygienic feet, lol 
    it would bug me. I find it rude. it's not snobby at all. it's just rude to walk into someone's house and leave your shoes on.

and I don't understand why people keep saying he has an inferiority complex. if anything, it's the opposite (which I also don't believe). 
    You find it rude, but as others have stated, it is household by household.  I’ll agree to disagree with the last part, but thanks for the laugh!
    I think one person stated it is household by household. I have never been to any canadian's house where people leave their shoes on. NOT. ONE. 
    Hell, I’ve been to Canada and two out of the three houses I visited were shoe wearing indoors.
    where?
    Vancouver area

Late to this discussion, but I call bullshit. Nobody wears their shoes inside a home. Hell... even trade workers doing renovations place sleeves over their boots when they come into someone's home.

Dog shit. Spit. General filth. All on the bottom of your shoes... soon to be all over the inside of your home.

But whatever. If people see no difference from the sidewalk and their living room floor... who am I to judge?
    Here's an idea. Host sets the rules and what the fuck else matters? This is ludicrous. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

where?
    Vancouver area

Here's an idea. Host sets the rules and what the fuck else matters? This is ludicrous. 

Big time!

If you walk into a house and you see a pile of shoes in the entranceway and your host is in socks... take your shoes off ya slob.

If you walk into a house and the host says, "Keep your shoes on"... then keep your shoes on.

If you got really bad feet like Scruffy's (evidenced by that picture)... then plan for them when you go to someone's house: have a pair of socks so you don't leave chunks of feet all over their house.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,105
    benjs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

where?
    Vancouver area

Yup, exactly what I said.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    2 days now? Lol
  • Options
    benjs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

where?
    Vancouver area

That's a separate discussion though.

People in this thread really need to learn to separate things.
This discussion has been closed.