Options

Is America the greatest country in the world?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited April 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    so if some of us are grossly exaggerating the dirtiness of shoe tread, at the same time as underestimating how gross someone's feet are, would you be ok with someone walking/driving around your neighbourhood, stopping for gas and going to the washroom there, and then coming into your house and walking around with those same bare feet?
    Who cares?  Do you guys lick or eat off the floor? If the floor gets dirty I bust out my vacuum or swiffer and clean it up. 
    Exactly. It's a floor, not a table.... although either way, I clean them.
    What are the no shoes no matter what people's thoughts on pets on the tables and counters?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mcgruff10 said:
    so if some of us are grossly exaggerating the dirtiness of shoe tread, at the same time as underestimating how gross someone's feet are, would you be ok with someone walking/driving around your neighbourhood, stopping for gas and going to the washroom there, and then coming into your house and walking around with those same bare feet?
    Who cares?  Do you guys lick or eat off the floor? If the floor gets dirty I bust out my vacuum or swiffer and clean it up. 
    I don't know about you, but I prefer to not have neighbourhood animal fecal matter in my house. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't know if I'd want someone who refuses to ever wear shoes over at my house in any case, lol.
    that wasn't the point. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't know if I'd want someone who refuses to ever wear shoes over at my house in any case, lol.
    that wasn't the point. 
    I know.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't know about you, but I prefer to not have neighbourhood animal fecal matter in my house. 
    Give me your address and I ll send you a doormat for your birthday. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    :lol:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm good thanks. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Sure, why not? It's not like I'm licking their feet or eating off the floor they walk on. And I clean my floors regularly so I don't see a big deal.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What are the no shoes no matter what people's thoughts on pets on the tables and counters?
    it's not "no matter what". as outlined, there are exceptions. 

cats are a lot cleaner than humans are. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Not if your big concern is animal fecal matter in your house.
  • Options
    Sure, why not? It's not like I'm licking their feet or eating off the floor they walk on. And I clean my floors regularly so I don't see a big deal.
    I don't know. I just get annoyed when I step on a tiny pebble (kinda like stepping on a lego) or dirt that has been brought in by my kids who may forget to take their footwear off right away. 

and then that gets tracked onto the furniture inevitably. people put their feet up on the couch, on the coffee table, etc. I prefer not to have my nice couch wrecked by ground in dirt. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I think most people are not okay with shoes on the furniture, but dang, those must be some dirt-caked shoes if they are leaving all that dirt all over the place. I think you should take Scruffy up on his offer!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Not if your big concern is animal fecal matter in your house.
    it's not my "big concern".

they constantly clean themselves. and there's really no way to prevent a cat from going wherever the fuck it wants to. a cat is rude and does what it wants. humans have the option of being considerate about not tracking their dirt everywhere they go. 

and I don't have pets. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think most people are not okay with shoes on the furniture, but dang, those must be some dirt-caked shoes if they are leaving all that dirt all over the place. I think you should take Scruffy up on his offer!
    you misunderstood. I'm saying that if there is dirt in my house from someone's shoes, then me walking around my house barefoot or in socks will track that dirt elsewhere; the couch, my bed, etc. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    you misunderstood. I'm saying that if there is dirt in my house from someone's shoes, then me walking around my house barefoot or in socks will track that dirt elsewhere; the couch, my bed, etc. 
    you wear socks to bed?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    I understood.
    .... I think I am taking this conversation a lot less seriously than you are. ;)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'm looking at the bottom of my shoes now.  Aside from being visibly discolored from normal wear, there is no caked-on dirt or loose debris that could be tracked anywhere.  Now I'm sure I could get a high-powered magnifying glass out and be proven differently, but when we're talking microscopic scale then we've reached the point of insignificance.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I understood.
    .... I think I am taking this conversation a lot less seriously than you are. ;)
    you obviously misunderstood if you thought I was talking about shoes on the furniture. and I stated pretty clearly earlier how silly this discussion is. it's a fun and interesting conversation, as I have honestly never heard of people tramping around someone's house with their shoes on. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    you wear socks to bed?
    nope. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm looking at the bottom of my shoes now.  Aside from being visibly discolored from normal wear, there is no caked-on dirt or loose debris that could be tracked anywhere.  Now I'm sure I could get a high-powered magnifying glass out and be proven differently, but when we're talking microscopic scale then we've reached the point of insignificance.
    my porch mats get quite dirty and need to be cleaned often. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    My kids do all the time, kids are gross.

This debate is great.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    I live in a neighborhood that is new...under construction.  Lots of dirt all around.  If you don't take your shoes off at my door, you will get dirt on the hardwood or even worse wherever their is carpet.  So everyone is removing shoes.

I personally don't understand the extremes here.  It's just up to whoever's house it is.  That's it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This debate is great.
    LOL. 5 SECOND RULE! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I live in a neighborhood that is new...under construction.  Lots of dirt all around.  If you don't take your shoes off at my door, you will get dirt on the hardwood or even worse wherever their is carpet.  So everyone is removing shoes.

I personally don't understand the extremes here.  It's just up to whoever's house it is.  That's it.
    Not extreme to explain cultural norms where I am and what I've observed elsewhere. 

people can do what they wish as long as they aren't being a dick to whomever they are visiting, as you said. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    well I still shower even though I dont see any caked on dirt or loose debris on me. Stupid me. 

Maybe its different across the pond. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This debate is great.
    Agreed, kids are gross. The other day My five year old decided to pissin the garbage can instead of the toilet. Good times.   
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This debate is great.
    LOL. 5 SECOND RULE! 
    As a kid it was 10 seconds, as an adult...5.
  • Options
    well I still shower even though I dont see any caked on dirt or loose debris on me. Stupid me. 

Maybe its different across the pond. 
    LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This debate is great.
    Agreed, kids are gross. The other day My five year old decided to pissin the garbage can instead of the toilet. Good times.   
    Swedish kids never do that
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This debate is great.
    glad I have girls. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.