Options

Is America the greatest country in the world?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    For gawds sakes people... Scruffy clearly doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to wine. He places ice cubes in his shiraz.

Give him Baby Duck and he'd be thinking he was drinking a royal reserve.
    I'm late to the party but...
    Damn 30Bills, that's a good reference right there!
    The finest toilet wine known to man. 

Lol

I'm glad someone got it!

Cheers, Bud!
    I still don’t get it. Del I bought six bottles of red today, how many ice cubes do I need to make?
    Halifax covered it.

But I like the suggestion earlier for you: make a squishy... or margarita out of your wine with that ice you love so much!

* I'm enjoying a nice IPA from a local microbrewery (they filled my growler for me) and awaiting 'skip the dishes'. Got flat out, gawddamn overruled on pizza by the family. And I paid. Geezuz. 
    Damn dude it is about time you put your foot down!  You deserve that pizza!  Post a pic of that ipa in the beer thread. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ^^^

Scruffy...

Wine soon. Shiraz. And 'Neat' (that means no ice Mr. Led Zeppelin has no significance for me). 

Ice cubes in red wine. Sigh.

You can take the American out of America, but you can't take America out of the American (yee haw!).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    For gawds sakes people... Scruffy clearly doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to wine. He places ice cubes in his shiraz.

Lol

I'm glad someone got it!

Cheers, Bud!
    I still don’t get it. Del I bought six bottles of red today, how many ice cubes do I need to make?
    Halifax covered it.

But I like the suggestion earlier for you: make a squishy... or margarita out of your wine with that ice you love so much!

* I'm enjoying a nice IPA from a local microbrewery (they filled my growler for me) and awaiting 'skip the dishes'. Got flat out, gawddamn overruled on pizza by the family. And I paid. Geezuz. 
    Damn dude it is about time you put your foot down!  You deserve that pizza!  Post a pic of that ipa in the beer thread. 

Phone is buggering up and won't allow me to post pictures. I have to take the picture, email it to myself, download the photo, and upload from my laptop.

Really freaking irritating, man.

That was something I was really digging (the photo upload from the phone lickety split).
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Lol

I'm glad someone got it!

Cheers, Bud!
    Halifax covered it.

Phone is buggering up and won't allow me to post pictures. I have to take the picture, email it to myself, download the photo, and upload from my laptop.

That was something I was really digging (the photo upload from the phone lickety split).
    It might be time to ditch the dial up modem bud. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Lol

I'm glad someone got it!

Cheers, Bud!
    That’s just so wrong on so many levels lol .. but 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Lol

I'm glad someone got it!

Cheers, Bud!
    Halifax covered it.

Canada, eh?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Lol

I'm glad someone got it!

Cheers, Bud!
    Halifax covered it.

Canada, eh?
    No just your cheap ass. ;)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Lol

I'm glad someone got it!

Cheers, Bud!
    Halifax covered it.

Canada, eh?
    No ice in the wine tonight!
  • Options
    Oh yeah!
  • Options
    Red is where’s @ but any whites or Chardonnay i usually drink with fruits in summer..
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    Bunch of wine pansies. Drink craft beer or bourbon!

ok just kidding I like red wine as well (very few whites though) 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    mcgruff10 said:
    Oh yeah!
    I see you got the camelback bottle on reserve in the background. Is that where you store the wine you don't finish? :lol:

Man, we really need a wine thread it seems. Good times. I've got a glass of a nice Malbec from Argentina going right now (neat as well :wink:)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Oh yeah!
    I see you got the camelback bottle on reserve in the background. Is that where you store the wine you don't finish? :lol:

Man, we really need a wine thread it seems. Good times. I've got a glass of a nice Malbec from Argentina going right now (neat as well :wink:)
    Waiting for all 10,800 ice cubes to be made before you dig in?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Oh yeah!
    Good job!
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Oh yeah!

Waiting for all 10,800 ice cubes to be made before you dig in?
    I ll be opening up the bottles of red on Monday so the ice cubes should be ready!  
  • Options
    I make that 1 million cubes for every person in the USA.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    ^^^

Scruffy...

Wine soon. Shiraz. And 'Neat' (that means no ice Mr. Led Zeppelin has no significance for me). 

Ice cubes in red wine. Sigh.

You can take the American out of America, but you can't take America out of the American (yee haw!).
    Canadian wine snob?

You guys wear denim head-to-toe all year!

lol 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Dear Watson,

I think the first sentence pretty much sums it up for me and the context that I am using it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitism

A few examples if I may,

"They cling to their guns and religion"
    "Basket of deplorables"
    "Anybody that votes for Trump is a scumbag"
    #Standuptostupid
    And pretty much every other post on the AMT since November 2016, including plenty of my own

Is this where I put in my patented lol?

Maybe here? lol

Don't worry Watson, I still have a place for you in my heart. *big hug*

lol
    Bully stifling debate but I’m sure your shit stinks.
    My shit definitely stinks. 

I provided the definition you were seeking, and gave you a hug. I'm such a bully. 

wait for it.....

lol

Well, and other things.
    I shit and I stink, I'm real... join the club 
  • Options
    Ice cubes & wine should def not ever be paired ..
  • Options
    I like things cold so if I don’t have time to chill my reds I throw a few ice cubes in. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    mcgruff10 said:
    I like things cold so if I don’t have time to chill my reds I throw a few ice cubes in. 
    All class
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bought this one this week. Swedens most famous professor in criminologys wine:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    All class
    That’s how I roll. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    You CHILL red wine?
    This must be a typo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    McGruff dont give AF

It's common in parts of Asia to put ice in your beer. My vietnamese buddy I play poker with always gets ice in his beer

https://youtu.be/HSXF1pXPK5o
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    You CHILL red wine?
    This must be a typo
    Hell yeah, try it. Put it in the fridge for an hour.  Red wine should be served 60-70 degrees.  It is a common misconception to serve at room temperature. And my2hands is right, I don’t give a fuck lol. My wife puts ice cubes in her glass when drinking cider; I picked that up when visiting Ireland. 
  • Options
    https://www.businessinsider.com/ways-to-chill-red-wine-2015-8
    People don't know how to drink red wine. 

I'm sorry, but it's true. They always make one huge mistake. 

They go to the wine store, buy a bottle, take it home, pop the cork, pour a glass, and sit back to enjoy themselves in near total ignorance of how little pleasure they're actually extracting from that lusty Syrah or luscious Cabernet. 

The problem is a basic one: the wine is too warm. 

Don't feel bad if you've been doing this for your entire wine-drinking existence. Almost everyone drinks red wine too warm. 

So what temperature should your red wine be? 

It should be between 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit. At that temperature, the flavors of the wine will be sharp and fresh, and the wine's textures will find full expression. 

It's no accident that 60-65 degrees is the ideal temperature. That's what you'll find in most European wine cellars. "Cellar temperature" — it's not too hot, not too cold. Just right. 

So how do you take a wine from a 70-75 degree room temperature (or higher) and bring it down the ideal "cellar temperature?" 

Here are some quick hacks: 

Refrigerate the wine

Juts pop the bottle into the fridge for about 15 minutes. If you're in a hurry, the freezer is an option, but I don't recommend it. It exposes the wine to too much cold, too fast. And the enemy of wine is abrupt temperature change.

Plunge it into an ice bath

Fill an ice bucket with ice and water. Then add some salt. This will chill down the wine in about 10 minutes or less. Just touch-test the bottle to make sure it isn't getting too cold. 

Plop an ice cube in the wine

Heresy! This is a last resort, but if you drop an ice cube in the wine and pluck it out a minute or two later, you'll drop the temperature and not add much in the way of melted water to dilute the wine. 

Use a chiller

A lot of wine shops have wine chillers that can quickly cool down a bottle of white wine. But they can chill a red, too. I'm not a huge fan because the temperature change is extreme and therefore potentially damaging to the wine, but it's an option. 

A cold mountain stream

There it is, running past your campsite. Nature has provided a wonderful cooling system for that bottle of Pinot Noir you packed in for five miles.

ice cubes
  • Options

https://vinepair.com/wine-101/right-temperature-serve-every-type-wine/

The Wine Temperature Serving Guide

The reason we try to serve wine at their correct temperatures is because the temperature can dramatically impact the way a wine smells and tastes. By serving the wine at its ideal temperature, we ensure we have the best experience.

Here are three general rules that should serve you well:

Sparkling Wine Should Be Served Ice Cold — 40 to 50 degrees

We like to put our bubbly in the freezer about an hour before we pop it – but don’t forget about it or you’ll have an explosion. If you’re short on time, you can also place the bottle in an ice bucket for 30 minutes and have similar results. The ice cold temperature will keep the bubbles fine rather than foamy. After you open the bottle and pour the first glasses, you should place the open bottle on ice until the entire bottle is finished.

White Wine And Rosé Should Be Served Cold — 50 to 60 degrees

The best way to get white wine and rose cold is to place it in the fridge immediately after buying it; however, if you buy the wine the same day you want to drink it, either leave it in the fridge for several hours, or you can place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. That should do the trick!  After opening the bottle and pouring everyone their first glass, we prefer not to place it on ice, but instead let the bottle sweat on the table, as the wine’s aromas and character changes slightly as the temperature rises, which we love.

Red Wine Should Be Served Cool — 60 to 70 degrees

The most common misconception with red wine is that it is ideal to serve it at room temperature, when in fact serving it cool is the best way to enjoy it. To cool red down to its proper temperature, we like to place it in the fridge an hour before serving it. For quicker results, you can put it in the freezer for just 15 minutes. After opening and either decanting or pouring the first glasses, just as with white we like leaving the wine out on the table to slowly warm.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Googling stuff!

http://socialvignerons.com/2017/05/22/why-you-should-never-add-ice-cubes-to-red-wine/

Why You Should Never Add Ice Cubes To Red Wine

May 22, 2017 | Posted by Julien Miquel BlogGuest PostsWine KnowledgeWine Porn & Fun

Tradition holds that red wines are for drinking during cold weather because they have a tendency to warm you and that white wines are for summer months when you want a cooler drink.

Convention also says that red wines are served at room temperature while whites are served cold. But for wine drinkers who prefer red wines, there is a conflict.

Suppose you want to continue to drink your red wine, but desire a cooler temperature?

It is a conundrum that never seems to go away – should you put ice cubes in your red wine if you desire a cool drink?

Of course, you can do whatever you like, but is it a good solution?

Adding ice to your wine is often looked upon with disdain by other wine drinkers after all the wine maker has gone to great lengths to craft the wine’s flavor. So yes, wine temperature is a matter of personal preference, but it is also a matter of science.

Wine Temperatures 101

Wine temperature is a key element in knowing how to best store and serve your wines. The rules are not set in stone, but there are several guides that can help you keep your wine at its best flavor and prevent chemical deterioration.

Guest blogger Kate Robinson posted the Wine Serving and Storage Temperatures 101 article, which includes helpful guides for the optimum temperature for serving and storing red wines.

For storing temperatures there are no solid rules. For red wines, the best place for storage is a cool and dark place void of sunlight and away from excessive heat. Excessive heat and light can ruin a good wine by causing its chemicals to deteriorate.

Ice Cubes in Red wine?

Robinson states that most red wines should be served at temperatures between 60F to 68F (16C to 20C). This sets the temperature just below room temperature so that the wine is not overly warmed.

When red wine is served too cold it can result in an unpleasant acidic taste and more prominent tannins. Lower temperatures have a tendency to suppress the wine’s aroma and chemical makeup.

Aroma and mouth feel are two critical components of wine tasting. Within each glass of wine are various combinations of flavors and aromas, such as apple, blackberries, oak, rose petal, vanilla, and cherry (just to name a few). Simply put, adding an ice to your glass of red wine prevents the chemicals from escaping into the air and giving the wine the taste that it is intended to have.

The cold delivered by the ice cubes will cause the wine to quickly lose its taste.

The problem becomes even more exaggerated when the melted ice adds more water to the wine further diluting the aromas. This dilution also affects the acidity and tannins in the wine that then diminishes the intensity of the mouth feel.

Carolyn F. Ross and Karen Weller have detailed the sensory effects of wine and temperature in an article published in The Journal of Sensory Studies. The title of their study is Effect of Serving Temperature on the Sensory Attributes of Red and White Wines.

The purpose of the study was to examine the sensory impact of the serving temperature of wines on prominent wine sensory qualities. While it is common practice to serve red wine at room temperature because it is thought to enhance wine aroma while quieting the bitterness often found in red wines, there has been little scientific research that addresses the effect of serving temperatures on wine attributes.

Carolyn Ross also pairs up with John Reganold in creating a very readable bulleted informative document for wine lovers. This document provides the reader with charts and graphs explaining the science behind the making and enjoying of wine with a particular emphasis on the sensory experience of wine drinking.

Science or no science, you just want to enjoy your red wine chilled. There are some alternative ways for you to do this without severely altering the attributes of the wine.

Chilling Wine

Chilling your wine is simply that – chilling. You don’t want to drop ice cubes into your wine glass or you will end up with a diluted flat tasting wine and alter the wine’s attributes.

Here are some alternative ways to chill your red wine without the use of ice cubes.

• Ice Bucket – Place the bottle into an ice bucket for approximately fifteen minutes.
    • Refrigerator – Place the wine bottle in a refrigerator for fifteen to thirty minutes. You want to reinvigorate the wine, not turn it into slush.
    • Wine Chillers – There are currently products on the market that are made to chill your wine. They fit into the wine bottle and can cool down room temperature reds.
    • Grapes – Chill the wine with the fruit that it is made with. Purchase grapes, and place them in the freezer. Add about four grapes to your wine glass and in less than five minutes it will drop the temperature approximately twenty degrees.
    • Wine Cubes – Instead of using ice cubes made from water, freeze the wine itself in ice cube trays and then add them to your wine.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Look at the uncultured American owning fuckers lol

Get em McGruff!!!!
This discussion has been closed.