We now have champions for:
Ten (Release)
Vs (Rearviewmirror)
Vitalogy (Corduroy)
No Code (Present Tense)
Yield (Given To Fly)
Binaural (Light Years)
Riot Act (I Am Mine)

We will now play to determine the GREATEST song on the album Pearl Jam.

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the three (3) songs with the most votes.
We will then move on to Round 2. - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Note - Since Pearl Jam albums generally have more than 10 songs (which is all I can put in a poll), if you want to vote for:

11. World Wide Suicide; Just don't vote and put World Wide Suicide in your comments.
12. Come Back; Just don't vote and put Come Back in your comments.
13. Life Wasted; Just don't vote and put Life Wasted in your comments.

Again REMEMBER... 3 songs will be eliminated in the first round.

Round 1 Poll will end 5/5/17 (Friday) at 2:40pm cst

Poll--The Weakest Link: Pearl Jam Round 1 128 votes

Inside Job
1%
BEnglish017JS81606 2 votes
Army Reserve
5%
a5pjtunodamaimcatakeIM160456Papjoseph33seanwon 7 votes
Comatose
3%
Spiritual_ChaosdimitrispearljamFlying MXZgvn2fly1421 4 votes
Severed Hand
0%
epie 1 vote
Marker In The Sand
3%
HesCalledDyerBLACK35Micheyb21joe159 4 votes
Parachutes
17%
elwayveddergoitalonepearljimmookieblalockryph raphPurduePete55BrainofBGATim SimmonsAW69742JB111896Kev - Coat and KeysKC138045Abe FromanThirty Bills UnpaidMedozKAmongst the AnipearldavidsonaurelgugusPearl34Jamoftenreading 23 votes
Unemployable
9%
mcgruff10evenflow82Noloadlogan5ivehrd2imgnjnikojstu39eddiecpearljam1809rgambsriley540bbiggs 12 votes
Big Wave
28%
spnoone104 years and countingon2legsmfc2006dannyNamicutzRoeghmannhinsey21Indifference71PA JammerBettrMan21ScreamHello_33joberschlakejarkkonieminenpjrussKearn5yMRMACPHISTO75Flyingwangry_skull 36 votes
Gone
3%
ledveddermanjdopjForce Of NaturebrianluxShyner 5 votes
Wasted Reprise
26%
intodeepmy_waveigotid882-feign-reluctancedrummerboy_73pjpitt89dr. MowinckelBIGDaddyWilP34RL J4MM3RtbergsJimmyVRP112579RS151862Gern Blanstenhm210980dot30dmaradona10erocshiftyrylanVitalogensia 34 votes
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Unemployable
    Marker for the win!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    edited May 2017
    Big Wave
    mcgruff10 said:
    Marker for the win!
    I was THIS close to voting for Unemployable.
    (Severed Hand for the win).
  • Options
    Big Wave
    I also think a vote for "Wasted Reprise" is a fair one. Not that I don't like it (especially when it's played as an into to Life Wasted) but it is a reprise.
  • Options
    Unemployable
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Marker for the win!
    Yeah I m not a fan of unemployable, parachutes or inside job. The rest of the album is great. 
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Gone
    So many songs I want to choose. But I'll pick Gone over Inside Job this round. I hope a song like Come Back has a good showing. 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Big Wave
    As I mentioned in the previous thread (Riot Act finals) I think we need a rocker to win this one.
    You two aren't fans of Inside Job? I don't mind that one (although it does sound a bit like a song Led Zeppelin might have included on In Through The Out Door.)
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    Come Back
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Wasted Reprise
    Absolutely love this record. Top to bottom. The only real filler is Wasted Reprise and even that gets regular play at shows. This, in my opinion, is their best of this century.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,743
    Is there an option for most of it?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Big Wave
    This was easy
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,396
    Big Wave
    I love Parachutes and im not ashamed to say it! Lol
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Unemployable
    JimmyV said:
    Absolutely love this record. Top to bottom. The only real filler is Wasted Reprise and even that gets regular play at shows. This, in my opinion, is their best of this century.
    Definitely the best of this century.  
    Rummy, to me inside job just drags on and on and on and on.  
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 284
    Army Reserve
    Present Tense, Light Years, I Am Mine......what in the world is going on here!?   I think things will get back on track for the last 3 albums.   
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,298
    Come Back

Easiest vote since Evacuation for me, just can't stand this song.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Gone
    Is there an option for most of it?
    Haha! Amen! 
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Wasted Reprise
    The reprise just isn't a real song, therefore it's the weakest track. As far as these go, I'd take Pry, To, Aye, Hummus, Arc over this one, but it's much better than stupid mop. And I like it as a lead-in live. Builds some anticipation for the opening notes of the song to follow. 

Do do we need a weakest link for the "accessory" tracks? Probably not. Red Dot locks that one up anyways  ;)
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    Wasted Reprise
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Marker for the win!
    Yeah I m not a fan of unemployable, parachutes or inside job. The rest of the album is great. 
    I couldn't stand Unemployable for the longest time, but then a funny thing happened, I pulled this album out last year on the tenth anniversary and realized I really like this whole album now. I love the subtle quiet and ease of Parachutes and think Inside Job is a masterpiece with that slow intro and chill inducing ending with Ed's yeahs. Come Back just makes me think of Ed's break down in Berlin and what the song is about so it's hard not to elevate it. I'll have to spin this one again, but I'm leaning to any of the first four tracks on this album to win. Severed Hand is amazing live and a beast of a song. Really strong start to an album they haven't matched since. This album has always reminded me of a more mature bigger brother to Vitalogy without all the filler. Not sure what I'm going to vote this round.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Gone
    Hoping for "Comatose", "Severed Hand" or, numero uno choice for me, one of my all-time favorites, M.I.T.S.!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Gone
    The reprise just isn't a real song, therefore it's the weakest track. As far as these go, I'd take Pry, To, Aye, Hummus, Arc over this one, but it's much better than stupid mop. And I like it as a lead-in live. Builds some anticipation for the opening notes of the song to follow. 

Do do we need a weakest link for the "accessory" tracks? Probably not. Red Dot locks that one up anyways  ;)
    Yeah, not a favorite of mine other than I like that it was a nod to Neil Young who did something similar on his and Crazy Horse's excellent "Sleeps With Angels" LP around the same time.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Come Back.  

Derivative and boring.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    edited May 2017
    Parachutes
    Weakest link on a not particularly strong album, although Severed Hand elevates it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Wasted Reprise
    This was an incredibly productive time for the band. Hopefully some of the stuff that was recorded and didn't make the record will surface officially one day.. This is going to be pretty tough because this album has aged well for me.
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    Parachutes
    This album is sorely underrated- as much as Binaural is overrated.

Unemployable might not be the strongest song on this album... but it's not the weakest. What are you thinking Scruffy?

I need to think which are my least favourite tunes before slapping a vote down.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Wasted Reprise
    Easy first round..Severed dor win!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Parachutes
    I love Parachutes and im not ashamed to say it! Lol
     Lol damn you! I've heard it twice live. That's two times too many.
  • Options
    Unemployable
    Was cold confessions and let it ride written during this time period? 
  • Options
    Big Wave

Unemployable might not be the strongest song on this album... but it's not the weakest. What are you thinking Scruffy?

I always thought Binaural was UNDERrated - at least by non-believers fans.
  • Options
    Big Wave
    mcgruff10 said:
    Was cold confessions and let it ride written during this time period? 
    I know CC was. Not sure about the other one.
  • Options
    Parachutes
    rummy said:

I always thought Binaural was UNDERrated - at least by non-believers fans.
    I guess I speak to the folks that place it on par with The Wall or anoint it greater than Vs or 10.

To the casual listener... I'd agree that they are missing out by turning their nose up at it without giving it time to grow on them. With that said... there's a ceiling to the album in my mind.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    Parachutes
    My favorites haven't won for any album yet and I'm thinking Comatose has no chance to win this one. So I'd take WWS as a winner though!
This discussion has been closed.