Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Pearl Jam Round 1

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Unemployable
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    10c needs to cancel 10c membershps for those vote as weiakest Inside Job...

Dude you voted for comatose?! Come on. 
    Comatose is the weakest of the rockers on the album. It's basically Blood 2.0. I still like it, but I'm not sure how it's top notch to some. These polls are always baffling. The dislike for Breakerfall and Gods Dice but then Comatose is great? :i_dunno:
    Comatose is not the greatest thing since sliced bread but it's better than inside job!  I was just messing with dimitris.  ;)

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited May 2017
    Big Wave
    I am guaranteed to be a bit disappointed by this one early, since Parachutes is probably my favorite song on the album. :lol: But I dig this album - I like or love every song besides Big Wave, which just doesn't do it for me at all. It's just an annoyance in the middle of an otherwise enjoyable album.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    Wasted Reprise
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am guaranteed to be a bit disappointed by this one early, since Parachutes is probably my favorite song on the album. :lol: But I dig this album - I like or love every song besides Big Wave, which just doesn't do it for me at all. It's just an annoyance in the middle of an otherwise enjoyable album.
    Maybe you need to be a surfer to like it? ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Big Wave
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, that's what I've always thought. My reaction to the song is "I don't give a flying fuck if you caught a big wave." :lol: I'm sure if I was super into surfing I'd think it was awesome that PJ has a couple songs all about it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    Wasted Reprise
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    10c needs to cancel 10c membershps for those vote as weiakest Inside Job...

Dude you voted for comatose?! Come on. 
    Comatose is the weakest of the rockers on the album. It's basically Blood 2.0. I still like it, but I'm not sure how it's top notch to some. These polls are always baffling. The dislike for Breakerfall and Gods Dice but then Comatose is great? :i_dunno:
    Comatose is not the greatest thing since sliced bread but it's better than inside job!  I was just messing with dimitris.  ;)

See, you started off with some sane thinking, but then just went completely batshit with that that Inside Job statement :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Wasted Reprise
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, that's what I've always thought. My reaction to the song is "I don't give a flying fuck if you caught a big wave." :lol: I'm sure if I was super into surfing I'd think it was awesome that PJ has a couple songs all about it.
    for me, sometimes I like a song with deep meaning, and other times, I can appreciate just a fun rock song. I really actually enjoy all of PJ's "fun rock songs", but I understand why most don't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Unemployable
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If you don't like big wave does that mean you don't like oceans or amongst the waves since it's about surfing?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Big Wave
    This was by far the easiest vote ever for me!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Marker In The Sand
    Big Wave isn't *just* about surfing, ya know. 

The oceans made me but who came up with love?
    It's evolution, baby!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Wasted Reprise
    There be big sharks in them big waves.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Unemployable
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Marker for the win!
    I was THIS close to voting for Unemployable.
    (Severed Hand for the win).
    Yeah I m not a fan of unemployable, parachutes or inside job. The rest of the album is great. 
    Shit. It looks like Unemployable is going to get through to round 2. At least I'll get my chance to vote against it.
    Insanity.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Marker In The Sand
    rgambs said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Marker for the win!
    I was THIS close to voting for Unemployable.
    (Severed Hand for the win).
    Yeah I m not a fan of unemployable, parachutes or inside job. The rest of the album is great. 
    Shit. It looks like Unemployable is going to get through to round 2. At least I'll get my chance to vote against it.
    Insanity.
    My 2nd favorite tune on the album :rofl:
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Wasted Reprise
    Up until this point it was easy to pick out the likely finalists as we started each record. Easy to be wrong because I wasn't close to being right once, but still certain songs would jump out. Not so much here. This feels like the most wide-open record so far. Could see just about anything other than the likely first round losers winning in the end.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Gone
    Interesting how "Come Back" is one of those songs that people either love or hate.  I was listening to that song one time in the living room and my wife came in and put her arms around me and started slow dancing with me.  Well, shit, how can you not love that?! :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Gone
    After Gone is...well, gone, I'm setting my sights on that God awful Inside Job. I get what they were trying to do but the execution in the studio and especially live just isn't there. Sorry D. 
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,743
    Inside Job vs. Severed Hand for the final round... 
    I seriously hope not that, would suck.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    Unemployable
    Quite a few options for this round, I´ll go with Unemployable (but could be also Big Wave or WWS...). As for the win, I like Gone, but I know it has little chances.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,396
    Big Wave
    After Gone is...well, gone, I'm setting my sights on that God awful Inside Job. I get what they were trying to do but the execution in the studio and especially live just isn't there. Sorry D. 

Haters gonna hate lol

Inside Job is near perfection and a worthy winner in this competition 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Gone
    I seriously hope not that, would suck.
    Throw Gone in and you have my three most detested songs in the catalog. 
  • Options
    Gone

Haters gonna hate lol

Really? Near perfection? With those lyrics? Sorry Mike. I love your lyrics on "Last Soldier", but the "Inside Job" lyrics makes me cringe. 
  • Options
    Unemployable

Haters gonna hate lol

Really? Near perfection? With those lyrics? Sorry Mike. I love your lyrics on "Last Soldier", but the "Inside Job" lyrics makes me cringe. 
    Totally agree with you bud. Those lyrics are cringe worthy. 
    It d be nice if the 2006 tour was released on cd or maybe a vault, that tour was so much fun and kicked some serious ass!
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,948
    Parachutes
    Like a lot of the 'slower' ones across the catalogue but this doesn't quite work from me. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,396
    Big Wave

Haters gonna hate lol

The lyrics are what hold it back from being perfect. The structure of the song is superb. So yes, near perfection.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Wasted Reprise
    Easy, not easy
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Gone
    I like "Inside Job" a lot but always felt it needed a title/line other than "Inside Job"- something else that evokes the personal spiritual quest without, at the very least, using the noun "Job".  Don't mean to make fun of a serious song but... know what I mean?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    Comatose
    Like a lot of the 'slower' ones across the catalogue but this doesn't quite work from me. 
    Lacks punch in the lyrics.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    edited May 2017
    Comatose

Haters gonna hate lol

The lyrics are what hold it back from being perfect. The structure of the song is superb. So yes, near perfection.
    Yes. Musically it sounds great. 

But the lyric lacks finesse.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Wasted Reprise
    Thats the right..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Comatose
    People vote as weakest inside job!!!someone call 911!!!lock em up and throw the keys!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Wasted Reprise
    People vote as weakest inside job!!!someone call 911!!!lock em up and throw the keys!!!!!
    10c is full of lunatics Dimi..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
This discussion has been closed.