Donald Trump

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,287

Ya gotta post the tweets of President Trump in order to get the full context and not just one side.  Before this he tweeted
    .@foxandfriends Dems are taking forever to approve my people, including Ambassadors. They are nothing but OBSTRUCTIONISTS! Want approvals!

Sure Donny, sure.

But Democrats in Congress can't stall nominations that haven't been made.

As of Thursday, the White House had yet to put forward the names of candidates for 475 of the 554 key positions that require Senate confirmation, according to the Partnership for Public Service, a nonpartisan group that advises incoming administrations.

The longest list of empty desks waiting for nominations is at the State Department, which has more than 100 vacancies, including the dozens of ambassadors appointed by the Obama administration who were fired by Trump on Inauguration Day.

In the meantime, Trump has quietly hired some 400 staffers — without Senate approval — to begin working throughout the executive branch and coordinating with the West Wing.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/24/help-wanted-trump-administration-still-has-hundreds-of-jobs-to-fill.html

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,881
    :dizzy:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    Yo.

Trump doesn't even give a shit.
    For him, its all about the #PTAPE .
    He (and the whole crew of them) have been every day, relentlessly, and surgically trying to distract you with ALL this CRAZY shizzy
    because HE DOESN'T want to talk about his #PTAPE .  THAT'S the Russia problem.  It isn't voting machine tampering, or Russian NERDS tipping the election . It's his penchant for the ladies o the evening who like to do the nasty shit in the Russian hotels that got the mad video coverage.   Combine that with Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller, and this is what you get.

He should have been im the fuck peached the day of his inauguration...why is this taking so long?

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    For a mayor to say no need to be alarmed after this happening is pretty stupid and is an insult to the people.
    It's a shame your thoughts have been conditioned not to exceed 140 characters.

“Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed — one of the things the police and all of us need to do is make sure we’re as safe as we possibly can be.”

Mayor Sadiq Khan was attempting to reassure the people of London that a greater police presence they might see in the aftermath of the previous day’s attack was a public safety precaution; he was not indicating that another attack was imminent or that citizens should “not be alarmed” by what had occurred.

edited June 2017
    I don't think Trump getting peed on by Russian prostitutes is an impeachable offense, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    CM189191 said:
    For a mayor to say no need to be alarmed after this happening is pretty stupid and is an insult to the people.
    It's a shame your thoughts have been conditioned not to exceed 140 characters.

THIS is what we've been reduced to...JESUS 
    edited June 2017
    I contend that he's not morally able to execute the office of the Presidency.  
    He lacks the basic character needed to do the job.  
    No laws need to have been broken, he's a danger to the Republic.  

I might be wrong, but he seems like a giant fuck up, AND a total scumbag, not to namecall.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,239
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't think Trump getting peed on by Russian prostitutes is an impeachable offense, lol.
    Nor should it be. It is, however, fucking hilarious if it's true. I would laugh my ass off for hours watching that. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    PEE TAPE!
    RiotZact said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nor should it be. It is, however, fucking hilarious if it's true. I would laugh my ass off for hours watching that. 
    Oh, it would be amazing. :lol:
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2017
    Kat said:
    The citizens voted the Mayor in and our president keeps going after him; t's very bizarre - and embarrassing.

He also keeps using his name as a form of dog whistle to his supporters because it's a Muslim name and trying to gently suggest he is a terrorist sympathizer... Unsung did the same thing on here yesterday 

They used to do the same thing to Barack and his middle name 

It's pathetic 
    Post edited by my2hands on
    Why am I not surprised you have no clue what you're talking about 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    my2hands said:
    Kat said:
    The citizens voted the Mayor in and our president keeps going after him; t's very bizarre - and embarrassing.

He also keeps using his name as a form of dog whistle to his supporters because it's a Muslim name and trying to gently suggest he is a terrorist sympathize.. Unsung did the same thing on here yesterday 

It's pathetic 
    Exactly. And Khan was also the last name of the family that Trump feuded with. The Muslim family of a slain U.S. soldier. The father totally owned Trump in their exchange of words. I'm sure in Cheetolini's mind that makes all Khans evil.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    my2hands said:
    Kat said:

He also keeps using his name as a form of dog whistle to his supporters because it's a Muslim name and trying to gently suggest he is a terrorist sympathizer... Unsung did the same thing on here yesterday 

It's pathetic 

AND completely and utterly compromised.  By the Roooooskies, no less.
    as this is Page 99 of this illustrious thread...I would like to point out that unlike the Prez...

I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one... 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    pjhawks said:
    Don't worry, he'll have plenty to tweet about once those congressional and independent counsel investigations kick into high gear. That said, I'm not sure he has emphatic bone in his body.

I am sure we will read a similar post in six months, and then 12 months, and then 18 months from now.   Waiting for the smoking gun. I am not saying there isn't an issue but doubt that there will be a smoking gun that gets Trump in real trouble.   There really hasn't been any real Russia news in months.  
    I wonder why Kushner is lying so low? Sessions apparently met a third time with Kyslyck and for a third time failed to disclose it. Putin now publically claims Russian "patriots" may have hacked the election. Nunes was requesting unmasking while Trump was claiming that Obama was unmasking for political purposes. More subpoenas issued for an ever widening circle of trump campaign officials with known ties to Russians, including Trump's personal attorney. Comey scheduled to testify before congress on Thursday. Yup, nothing new here, nothing at all. Those brilliant headlines will be disappearing any day now. Any day. 
    No, nothing new.  We already know that  people on the Trump team talked to Russians.  We have known this for months.   We have known that Kushner talked to the Russians and didn't disclose this months ago.   Can't wait to hear Comey testify for the 1,000th time.   Someone send me a private message when some actual damning news gets released and not bullshit political maneuvering by both sides.

I believe Russia influenced the election.  I believe the Trump team is corrupt.  I am not arguing with you except am disagreeing with you that anything major will come from this and there will be a smoking gun.  Everything you sais in your post has been the same narrative for months now.  People talked to each other.  Big fucking deal.
    Did we know months ago that the Trump transition team worked quickly to drop Obama's sanctions without requesting anything in exchange? Did we know months ago an independent counsel would be appointed? Did we know months ago that Trump would meet with the Russians in the Oval Office and admit to firing Comey the kook? And that he'd publically admit that he did it to take pressure off, basically admitting to obstruction of justice? If you think any of this was the narrative being propagated around here, you haven't been paying attention.
    I have been paying attention.  Still waiting for the smoking gun.  You seem to be surprised by news articles that aren't surprising.   All of this right now is the equivalent of Jan Brady saying "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" over and over.  They have been investigating for months.  There have been testimonies for months.  
    wrong...we don't have any idea of what Mueller has uncovered.  We won't know until he's done.

I'm not saying they aren't going to find stuff, but they are not going to find a smoking gun that forces Trump to resign or be impeached.
    and you know this for certain?

No, and you don't either.  We are all just speculating right now.  With just about everything being leaked these days if there was a smoking gun we probably would have heard about it.  
    well we've already heard him admit to obstruction of justice.

And he's still in office. 
    Don't worry, he'll have plenty to tweet about once those congressional and independent counsel investigations kick into high gear. That said, I'm not sure he has emphatic bone in his body.

I am sure we will read a similar post in six months, and then 12 months, and then 18 months from now.   Waiting for the smoking gun. I am not saying there isn't an issue but doubt that there will be a smoking gun that gets Trump in real trouble.   There really hasn't been any real Russia news in months.  
    I wonder why Kushner is lying so low? Sessions apparently met a third time with Kyslyck and for a third time failed to disclose it. Putin now publically claims Russian "patriots" may have hacked the election. Nunes was requesting unmasking while Trump was claiming that Obama was unmasking for political purposes. More subpoenas issued for an ever widening circle of trump campaign officials with known ties to Russians, including Trump's personal attorney. Comey scheduled to testify before congress on Thursday. Yup, nothing new here, nothing at all. Those brilliant headlines will be disappearing any day now. Any day. 
    No, nothing new.  We already know that  people on the Trump team talked to Russians.  We have known this for months.   We have known that Kushner talked to the Russians and didn't disclose this months ago.   Can't wait to hear Comey testify for the 1,000th time.   Someone send me a private message when some actual damning news gets released and not bullshit political maneuvering by both sides.

I believe Russia influenced the election.  I believe the Trump team is corrupt.  I am not arguing with you except am disagreeing with you that anything major will come from this and there will be a smoking gun.  Everything you sais in your post has been the same narrative for months now.  People talked to each other.  Big fucking deal.
    Did we know months ago that the Trump transition team worked quickly to drop Obama's sanctions without requesting anything in exchange? Did we know months ago an independent counsel would be appointed? Did we know months ago that Trump would meet with the Russians in the Oval Office and admit to firing Comey the kook? And that he'd publically admit that he did it to take pressure off, basically admitting to obstruction of justice? If you think any of this was the narrative being propagated around here, you haven't been paying attention.
    I have been paying attention.  Still waiting for the smoking gun.  You seem to be surprised by news articles that aren't surprising.   All of this right now is the equivalent of Jan Brady saying "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" over and over.  They have been investigating for months.  There have been testimonies for months.  
    wrong...we don't have any idea of what Mueller has uncovered.  We won't know until he's done.

I'm not saying they aren't going to find stuff, but they are not going to find a smoking gun that forces Trump to resign or be impeached.

No, and you don't either.  We are all just speculating right now.  With just about everything being leaked these days if there was a smoking gun we probably would have heard about it.  
    I'm not speculating.  You were.  You stated that "they are not going to find a smoking gun."

How could I possibly know that?  Of course I'm speculating. 
    Obstruction of justice is what forced Richard Nixon eventually the eff out.  
    It is illegal, and the way Trump did is kind of a dick move, especially if the real crime here is his PTAPE.  
    Jimmy's talkin' Thursday.
    George likes spicy chicken
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,559
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:
    Kat said:

He also keeps using his name as a form of dog whistle to his supporters because it's a Muslim name and trying to gently suggest he is a terrorist sympathize.. Unsung did the same thing on here yesterday 

It's pathetic 
    Exactly. And Khan was also the last name of the family that Trump feuded with. The Muslim family of a slain U.S. soldier. The father totally owned Trump in their exchange of words. I'm sure in Cheetolini's mind that makes all Khans evil.
    Don't forget Chaka Khan....
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,423
    PJ_Soul said:
    But....if Russia has a tape that they are threatening to release then Trump is compromised.  If he performs any action (like weakening NATO, etc) in response to a threat from Russia than that is impeachable.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

I'm not speculating.  You were.  You stated that "they are not going to find a smoking gun."

But you were accusing everyone of speculating.  You were the only one speculating.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    PJ_Soul said:
    But....if Russia has a tape that they are threatening to release then Trump is compromised.  If he performs any action (like weakening NATO, etc) in response to a threat from Russia than that is impeachable.
    AMEN BROTHER
    and for the record...

Gern Blanston is the greatest name on the entire Internet.

Tiki said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    AMEN BROTHER
    Now I will speculate.

I am really starting to believe that the Russians have dirt on Kushner and Trump that is compromising.  These might be relatively simple deals that aren't too horrible on their own but given the circumstances are major national threats due to their compromising nature.

At a minimum I believe Trump laundered some Russian money.  It is on record that Russians purchased real estate from him several years ago for millions more than he paid for it after owning it for a short period of time.  Real estate is a relatively easy way to launder money.

At this point the Russians could threaten to leak details of that type of transaction to get Trump to do whatever they want.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    Trump Calls Democrats 'Obstructionists,' But He's Only Nominated 11 Ambassadors http://n.pr/2rLTnXA
    edited June 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    Indeed, if Trump allowed someone to blackmail him like that, THAT would be impeachable. I just meant that the actual water sports with hookers isn't. :lol: Nor is it impeachable for the Russians to have such a tape... I guess a LOT of politicians have a juicy tidbit somewhere or other that someone could blackmail them with.... it's whether or not they allow themselves to be blackmailed that is the issue, obviously. Would Trump allow himself to be blackmailed with a disgusting sex tape?... I actually can't say I think he would. I really don't know. The man has no shame, so it's a tough call either way. I more tend to think that he'd do shit to favour Russia just because he wants to impress Putin, lol, not to cover up some icky sex.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on

But you were accusing everyone of speculating.  You were the only one speculating.

I guess.  I can believe their speculating is wrong. 

I would love it if Trump was impeached.  I just am skeptical anything will stick.  Lots of embarrassment and a few folks may get in trouble for making phone calls. 

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:
    Kat said:

It's pathetic 

This discussion has been closed.