Donald Trump

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Further to above... the image of the little prick and his smugness is everywhere. And every time I see it I don’t have nice thoughts.

He’s learned how to be a little prick from his all star parents, his all star president, and his all star bible school.
    And further.. I'm okay if you are anti-abortion, or for low taxes, or think that Obamacare is wrong.  These are all defensible positions, whether they align with my beliefs or not.  But the minute you put on a propaganda hat, you are not a Republican. You are endorsing the behavior and corruption that defines this president.  There is a material difference between John Kasich and Donald Trump.  Putting on that hat doesn't say 'conservative'.  
    So I guess the question is, “What is acceptable” to do to a Republican vs what is acceptable to do to MAGA hat wearers?  Death threats, really?  It is a bit much...and probably enough to solidify their MAGA hat wearing habit forever.  
    I haven't read about any death threats (I'm not disputing or asking for a link), but I don't have to agree with the threat to think they are a douche, a fool, and someone who obviously doesn't follow the actually teachings of Jesus Christ.  
    Fair enough, you can think what you want of them, but the haste to judge in this matter is ridiculous!  Here is another take:
    http://vt.co/news/us/new-video-shows-another-side-to-confrontation-between-maga-hat-teens-and-native-american-elder/?utm_source=vt&utm_medium=junglecreations&utm_campaign=post
    Im not judging them individually.  Im declaring this about anyone who wears that propaganda. 
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I think there are going to be a lot of people eating their words over all of the bashing of these teenagers, regardless of the caps they were wearing. People are always drooling at the mouth to rip people apart that they jump to conclusions without waiting for all of the evidence.  Just my two cents.
    I don’t think anybody will be eating their words.

Nick (the douche) played the part of smug little prick. And now he’s being a weasel and scurrying from his actions.

Nobody around here wants to rip them apart. Most just want to call a spade a spade: those little pricks are little pricks. They made their statement... now stand behind the conviction of your actions.
    I just honestly don’t get the hysteria over this.  Did anyone get run over by a car, did any dumpsters get burned?  People are upset at how this kid “looked at” the Native American that approached him?  That makes him a “douche” and “prick” worthy of death threats or what?  Bullshit that no one wants to rip them appart, that is happening all over here, lol

You're doing a fantastic job of sugar coating this event. Why don't you just say 'he's a really nice boy and you just want to take him home and cook him a rib-eye?'

The smug little pencil-necked geek sought to mock and intimidate an elderly native man. There is no question about this. The fact that he did so with a shiny red MAGA hat leaves nothing to dispute- his intentions (along with all the other shitheads) were very clear. He got his day to bask in the spotlight. Now he can deal with it. Actions have consequences and he's old enough to know this.
    I feel that my “sugar coated” view of this is much closer to reality than the “they sought to mock and intimidate” point of view.  But you are welcome to stay in la la land if you feel that is best for your ego or “toxic masculinity” as they call it these days, lol
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I think there are going to be a lot of people eating their words over all of the bashing of these teenagers, regardless of the caps they were wearing. People are always drooling at the mouth to rip people apart that they jump to conclusions without waiting for all of the evidence.  Just my two cents.

Nick (the douche) played the part of smug little prick. And now he’s being a weasel and scurrying from his actions.

Nobody around here wants to rip them apart. Most just want to call a spade a spade: those little pricks are little pricks. They made their statement... now stand behind the conviction of your actions.
    I just honestly don’t get the hysteria over this.  Did anyone get run over by a car, did any dumpsters get burned?  People are upset at how this kid “looked at” the Native American that approached him?  That makes him a “douche” and “prick” worthy of death threats or what?  Bullshit that no one wants to rip them appart, that is happening all over here, lol
    I gotta agree with you here. I saw the original video, the one that only showed the kid standing in front of Nathan Phillips. Then I saw the longer, unedited footage, where Phillips approached them. originally it looked like they were joining in on his drumming, they were jumping to the beat. Even when I first saw the original shorter video, I thought "if that were me, I might be smiling, just out of awareness that I'm the centre of attention and I don't know how to act". 

then the SJW's of the world mis-identified him, running another student's name through the mud. And that name is STILL trending today. people just don't fucking think. they just convict immediately. no one sees this as an issue, because it hasn't happened to them. there seems to be this idea that as long as you are liberal, your actions are excusable. the left wants tolerance! but many don't seem to give a shit how they get it. 

these kids weren't violent. I didn't see them doing anything "disrespectful" to their elders (and honestly, I disrespected my elders all the fucking time at that age). if these kids weren't wearing MAGA hats, I doubt we'd even be having this discussion. 

Do kids in MAGA hats disturb me? Fucking hell yes it does. But from what I could see, this is a nothing berder. 
    I wholeheartedly disagree on interpretation.
    so protesting/standing your ground/etc is disrespectful if it's done by the "other side"? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• "My brain's a good brain!"
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I gotta agree with you here. I saw the original video, the one that only showed the kid standing in front of Nathan Phillips. Then I saw the longer, unedited footage, where Phillips approached them. originally it looked like they were joining in on his drumming, they were jumping to the beat. Even when I first saw the original shorter video, I thought "if that were me, I might be smiling, just out of awareness that I'm the centre of attention and I don't know how to act". 

then the SJW's of the world mis-identified him, running another student's name through the mud. And that name is STILL trending today. people just don't fucking think. they just convict immediately. no one sees this as an issue, because it hasn't happened to them. there seems to be this idea that as long as you are liberal, your actions are excusable. the left wants tolerance! but many don't seem to give a shit how they get it. 

these kids weren't violent. I didn't see them doing anything "disrespectful" to their elders (and honestly, I disrespected my elders all the fucking time at that age). if these kids weren't wearing MAGA hats, I doubt we'd even be having this discussion. 

Do kids in MAGA hats disturb me? Fucking hell yes it does. But from what I could see, this is a nothing berder. 
    I completely agree!  Thank you for some sanity!  This is all so absurd, especially after watching the longer video.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I wholeheartedly disagree on interpretation.
    so protesting/standing your ground/etc is disrespectful if it's done by the "other side"? 
    The kid should have moved for his elder. It's that simple to me.  He's a shit. Im not saying a racist shit, but he's a shit.
    I would have told my 17 year old son to "move your ass".

Oh, man, now I’m convinced, lol. Much better evidence than actual videos of the even...Seriously, Thirty, you are better than this...
  • PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

You're doing a fantastic job of sugar coating this event. Why don't you just say 'he's a really nice boy and you just want to take him home and cook him a rib-eye?'

The smug little pencil-necked geek sought to mock and intimidate an elderly native man. There is no question about this. The fact that he did so with a shiny red MAGA hat leaves nothing to dispute- his intentions (along with all the other shitheads) were very clear. He got his day to bask in the spotlight. Now he can deal with it. Actions have consequences and he's old enough to know this.
    I feel that my “sugar coated” view of this is much closer to reality than the “they sought to mock and intimidate” point of view.  But you are welcome to stay in la la land if you feel that is best for your ego or “toxic masculinity” as they call it these days, lol

Lol

Okay. I'll believe that the MAGA wearing youths who laughed, chanted, and mocked traditional dance and drums were being pricks. You believe that the well-dressed youths were really joining in and- in a way- supporting the demonstration and are misunderstood.

What was that about la la land?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJPOWER said:

Oh, man, now I’m convinced, lol. Much better evidence than actual videos of the even...Seriously, Thirty, you are better than this...
    A first hand account from one of the demonstrators (I didn't link the tweet).

Take from it what you will.

But as the previous post of mine stated... you believe what you want to believe. The kids seem legit respectful.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:

A first hand account from one of the demonstrators (I didn't link the tweet).

Take from it what you will.

But as the previous post of mine stated... you believe what you want to believe. The kids seem legit respectful.
    did you dig any deeper to find any other tweets or accounts of those that may happen to disagree with the confirmation of events as you see them?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    I'm around teenagers every day and when I first saw the video I thought the kid was being a typical teenage douche with that mocking face.  But then I watched it a second time and kind of thought that his face was representative of being very uncomfortable and not really knowing what to do or how to react.  It looks like his "smug" face was one of just being really uneasy because of how awkward the situation had become.
     I wonder how I'd react if all of a sudden a 70 year old man was playing a drum in my face while singing.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    I just found this article on CNN.  
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/20/us/covington-kentucky-student-statement/index.html
    I am the student in the video who was confronted by the Native American protestor. I arrived at the Lincoln Memorial at 4:30 p.m. I was told to be there by 5:30 p.m., when our busses were due to leave Washington for the trip back to Kentucky. We had been attending the March for Life rally, and then had split up into small groups to do sightseeing. 
    When we arrived, we noticed four African American protestors who were also on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. I am not sure what they were protesting, and I did not interact with them. I did hear them direct derogatory insults at our school group. 
    The protestors said hateful things. They called us "racists," "bigots," "white crackers," "faggots," and "incest kids." They also taunted an African American student from my school by telling him that we would "harvest his organs." I have no idea what that insult means, but it was startling to hear. 
      Because we were being loudly attacked and taunted in public, a student in our group asked one of our teacher chaperones for permission to begin our school spirit chants to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group. The chants are commonly used at sporting events. They are all positive in nature and sound like what you would hear at any high school. Our chaperone gave us permission to use our school chants. We would not have done that without obtaining permission from the adults in charge of our group. 
      At no time did I hear any student chant anything other than the school spirit chants. I did not witness or hear any students chant "build that wall" or anything hateful or racist at any time. Assertions to the contrary are simply false. Our chants were loud because we wanted to drown out the hateful comments that were being shouted at us by the protestors. 
      After a few minutes of chanting, the Native American protestors, who I hadn't previously noticed, approached our group. The Native American protestors had drums and were accompanied by at least one person with a camera. 
      The protestor everyone has seen in the video began playing his drum as he waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path. He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face. He played his drum the entire time he was in my face. 
      I never interacted with this protestor. I did not speak to him. I did not make any hand gestures or other aggressive moves. To be honest, I was startled and confused as to why he had approached me. We had already been yelled at by another group of protestors, and when the second group approached I was worried that a situation was getting out of control where adults were attempting to provoke teenagers. 
      I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation. I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand. 
      During the period of the drumming, a member of the protestor's entourage began yelling at a fellow student that we "stole our land" and that we should "go back to Europe." I heard one of my fellow students begin to respond. I motioned to my classmate and tried to get him to stop engaging with the protestor, as I was still in the mindset that we needed to calm down tensions. 
      I never felt like I was blocking the Native American protestor. He did not make any attempt to go around me. It was clear to me that he had singled me out for a confrontation, although I am not sure why. 
      The engagement ended when one of our teachers told me the busses had arrived and it was time to go. I obeyed my teacher and simply walked to the busses. At that moment, I thought I had diffused the situation by remaining calm, and I was thankful nothing physical had occurred.
      I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
      This is one of those "stories" that's just a distraction. Who gives a shit either way? Way more important things to be concerned about. That said, I totally expect Tucker Carlson to lead with this tonight...
      chinese-happy.jpg
      edited January 2019
      PJPOWER said:
      PJPOWER said:
      PJPOWER said:

Lol

Okay. I'll believe that the MAGA wearing youths who laughed, chanted, and mocked traditional dance and drums were being pricks. You believe that the well-dressed youths were really joining in and- in a way- supporting the demonstration and are misunderstood.

What was that about la la land?
      You are all over the place trying to save face here.  Remind me of where I said I thought they were supporting the demonstration?  There is no reasoning coming from you here, so just keep on keeping on with the ridiculousness over this I suppose.  And maybe watch the other videos out there showing nothing that you have insinuated.  I think that the “youth” didn’t really know what they were walking into and were reacting to what was being thrown their way...Were they being pricks? Maybe, but it hardly the first case of teenagers acting like idiots, and at least it was all non-violent.  “Oh, but did you see how that kid looked at the Native American”...give me a break...
      This is one of those "stories" that's just a distraction. Who gives a shit either way? Way more important things to be concerned about. That said, I totally expect Tucker Carlson to lead with this tonight...
      Yes, way more important things...like “what’s for lunch”!
    • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
      PJPOWER said:
      Yes, way more important things...like “what’s for lunch”!
      I agree with you both on that one!

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
      Yup
      Another headline along the lines of...

Dems Trying to eradicate the white man
      Or
      Libs trying to end white people
    • mcgruff10 said:
      I just found this article on CNN.  
      https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/20/us/covington-kentucky-student-statement/index.html
      I am the student in the video who was confronted by the Native American protestor. I arrived at the Lincoln Memorial at 4:30 p.m. I was told to be there by 5:30 p.m., when our busses were due to leave Washington for the trip back to Kentucky. We had been attending the March for Life rally, and then had split up into small groups to do sightseeing. 
      When we arrived, we noticed four African American protestors who were also on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. I am not sure what they were protesting, and I did not interact with them. I did hear them direct derogatory insults at our school group. 
      The protestors said hateful things. They called us "racists," "bigots," "white crackers," "faggots," and "incest kids." They also taunted an African American student from my school by telling him that we would "harvest his organs." I have no idea what that insult means, but it was startling to hear. 
      Because we were being loudly attacked and taunted in public, a student in our group asked one of our teacher chaperones for permission to begin our school spirit chants to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group. The chants are commonly used at sporting events. They are all positive in nature and sound like what you would hear at any high school. Our chaperone gave us permission to use our school chants. We would not have done that without obtaining permission from the adults in charge of our group. 
      At no time did I hear any student chant anything other than the school spirit chants. I did not witness or hear any students chant "build that wall" or anything hateful or racist at any time. Assertions to the contrary are simply false. Our chants were loud because we wanted to drown out the hateful comments that were being shouted at us by the protestors. 
      After a few minutes of chanting, the Native American protestors, who I hadn't previously noticed, approached our group. The Native American protestors had drums and were accompanied by at least one person with a camera. 
      The protestor everyone has seen in the video began playing his drum as he waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path. He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face. He played his drum the entire time he was in my face. 
      I never interacted with this protestor. I did not speak to him. I did not make any hand gestures or other aggressive moves. To be honest, I was startled and confused as to why he had approached me. We had already been yelled at by another group of protestors, and when the second group approached I was worried that a situation was getting out of control where adults were attempting to provoke teenagers. 
      I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation. I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand. 
      During the period of the drumming, a member of the protestor's entourage began yelling at a fellow student that we "stole our land" and that we should "go back to Europe." I heard one of my fellow students begin to respond. I motioned to my classmate and tried to get him to stop engaging with the protestor, as I was still in the mindset that we needed to calm down tensions. 
      I never felt like I was blocking the Native American protestor. He did not make any attempt to go around me. It was clear to me that he had singled me out for a confrontation, although I am not sure why. 
      The engagement ended when one of our teachers told me the busses had arrived and it was time to go. I obeyed my teacher and simply walked to the busses. At that moment, I thought I had diffused the situation by remaining calm, and I was thankful nothing physical had occurred.
      So wait a second... the demonstrators were the aggressors? The kids weren't chanting 'build that wall'? The demonstrators were yelling 'go back to Europe' and some other things? And this kid expertly diffused the situation (at one point even exercising strong leadership getting another student who was set to engage with a protestor to 'stand down')?

I guess I was wrong with my interpretation of events.
    • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
      Did you all watch the almost 2 hour video? I watched about 30 minutes of it...scrolling ahead.

Based on all the videos here are my thoughts:

1) That group of black Israelites or whatever they want to call themselves are a bunch of antagonistic assholes. They even kept threatening the hoverboarder to get closer so they could knock him off. They called the young white kids all sorts of names...including crackers, incest babies, etc. And knowing they were catholic called their god a faggot child molester. The were clearly looking for confrontation. Grown ass men taunting kids. And these grown ass men aren’t changing...so I hope they all lose their house somehow.

2) I cannot believe how many of those kids were wearing MAGA shit. The youth thinks it’s a fucking game. They think it’s team vs team. They are old enough to know better. Their parents and their school are failing them.

3) It was a long time of badgering by the grown ass hate filled men before the students got close. I personally think young kids (emboldened more by their numbers then their hats) hit a breaking point. And to be fair kids of that age, it makes sense.

4) The Native American getting into the fray was not a smart choice at all. You don’t stop shit going down by stepping in and chanting and beating a drum for fucks sake. You are an adult too....have a discussion. Talk. Otherwise misinterpretations can happen.

5) The chaperones for that group failed miserably. They should have kept the kids away from the angry assholes.

6) The kids should not have gotten in ANYONES way. It’s not hard to know you are being a dick. And using the fact that there are a lot of you to make you feel tough. Shit.

7) Death threats are stupid and the people making them should stop being such douchebags.

Probably more, but that’s all for this post ;)
      hippiemom = goodness
    • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
      Yup
      Another headline along the lines of...

Dems Trying to eradicate the white man
      Or
      Libs trying to end white people
      My brother said he saw some blaring headline on Fox and Friends this morning talking about "defending men" regarding the Gillette ad. Fox and other right wing outlets LIVE for this kind of culture war stuff. 
      chinese-happy.jpg
    • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
      PJPOWER said:
      Tiki said:
      PJPOWER said:
      I've seen those black israelites in DC. 
      Free speech by black people is SCARY and so intimidating.

Please.
      WTF are you talking about?  Only about 2% of your posts are actually comprendable.  You know that, right?

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
      PJPOWER said:
      Tiki said:
      PJPOWER said:

Please.
      WTF are you talking about?  Only about 2% of your posts are actually comprendable.  You know that, right?
      comprendable is not a word.  Stupid.
      MOB intimidation?  No thanks.
      carry on...
    • Did you all watch the almost 2 hour video? I watched about 30 minutes of it...scrolling ahead.

Based on all the videos here are my thoughts:

1) That group of black Israelites or whatever they want to call themselves are a bunch of antagonistic assholes. They even kept threatening the hoverboarder to get closer so they could knock him off. They called the young white kids all sorts of names...including crackers, incest babies, etc. And knowing they were catholic called their god a faggot child molester. The were clearly looking for confrontation. Grown ass men taunting kids. And these grown ass men aren’t changing...so I hope they all lose their house somehow.

2) I cannot believe how many of those kids were wearing MAGA shit. The youth thinks it’s a fucking game. They think it’s team vs team. They are old enough to know better. Their parents and their school are failing them.

3) It was a long time of badgering by the grown ass hate filled men before the students got close. I personally think young kids (emboldened more by their numbers then their hats) hit a breaking point. And to be fair kids of that age, it makes sense.

4) The Native American getting into the fray was not a smart choice at all. You don’t stop shit going down by stepping in and chanting and beating a drum for fucks sake. You are an adult too....have a discussion. Talk. Otherwise misinterpretations can happen.

5) The chaperones for that group failed miserably. They should have kept the kids away from the angry assholes.

6) The kids should not have gotten in ANYONES way. It’s not hard to know you are being a dick. And using the fact that there are a lot of you to make you feel tough. Shit.

7) Death threats are stupid and the people making them should stop being such douchebags.

Probably more, but that’s all for this post ;)
      I’m in agreement with every aspect of this post.
      edited January 2019
      Tiki said:
      PJPOWER said:
      Tiki said:
      PJPOWER said:

Please.
      comprehensible, douchebag...and I still don’t understand wtf you are talking about.
    • Tiki said:
      PJPOWER said:
      Tiki said:
      PJPOWER said:

Please.
      Damn. It sounded so good though.
      Tiki said:
      PJPOWER said:
      Tiki said:
      PJPOWER said:

Please.
      Sounded right when I said it through my one tooth...
      PJPOWER said:
      Tiki said:
      PJPOWER said:
      Tiki said:
      PJPOWER said:

Please.
      Sounded right when I said it through my one tooth...
      fair enough
    This discussion has been closed.