Donald Trump

Comments

• kce8 said:
    I can buy Jesus was an actual man who walked the earth. I can also buy he was a visionary who preached being nice to each other.

I think his legend has been distorted and exaggerated.
    I was raised Catholic and that's^ how I see it now too. 

He must have been very charismatic. His legend was also exploited and changed accordingly. Humans made a f**king business out of it. But not every sheep is a black one! ;)
    The business aspect of it is the part that gets to me.

You can follow moral principles without attending church to tell you how to do so.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    I can buy Jesus was an actual man who walked the earth. I can also buy he was a visionary who preached being nice to each other.

I think his legend has been distorted and exaggerated.
    Whatch you mean,  walk da earf?

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,516

Hi! said:

Douche attempts to say he is not  a douche while his voice cracking pubescent douche bros cheer him on.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Deflecting blame?  Who saw that coming?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Those worthless pukes.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I think there are going to be a lot of people eating their words over all of the bashing of these teenagers, regardless of the caps they were wearing. People are always drooling at the mouth to rip people apart that they jump to conclusions without waiting for all of the evidence.  Just my two cents.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    There is NO God.... next question
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    A real open-minded, thoughtful, patriotic american....

PJPOWER said:
    I think there are going to be a lot of people eating their words over all of the bashing of these teenagers, regardless of the caps they were wearing. People are always drooling at the mouth to rip people apart that they jump to conclusions without waiting for all of the evidence.  Just my two cents.
    IN light of the additional video, I think it's fair to say they likely didn't spark any sort of conflict.  The main kid is still pretty much a douche with the way he just stared at the native American with that smirk.  But douchiness can be attributed to lots of things, including the Chinese ink from the hat bleeding into your brain.  
    edited January 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    IN light of the additional video, I think it's fair to say they likely didn't spark any sort of conflict.  The main kid is still pretty much a douche with the way he just stared at the native American with that smirk.  But douchiness can be attributed to lots of things, including the Chinese ink from the hat bleeding into your brain.  
    I don’t know if he was a douche or just very anxious and taken off guard and unsure how to act.  Regardless, it was not violent and these kids and their families have now been getting death threats?  Seems like the haste reaction to it all was far worse than the event itself.  Shameful...
    PJPOWER said:
    I've seen those black israelites in DC. 
    Free speech by black people is SCARY and so intimidating.

Please.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    Tiki said:
    PJPOWER said:

Please.
    The Black Israelites have been preaching on street corners in DC for decades.
    They are about as dangerous as the caravan.
    edited January 2019
    Tiki said:
    PJPOWER said:

Please.
    WTF are you talking about?  Only about 2% of your posts are actually comprendable.  You know that, right?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    PJPOWER said:
    even if they didn’t taunt the war veteran just the fact they don’t respect their elders makes them a bunch of idiots actions speak louder than words , if that’s my son I’m kicking him in the ass and make him write a letter of apology for acting like a dick .. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I don’t know if he was a douche or just very anxious and taken off guard and unsure how to act.  Regardless, it was not violent and these kids and their families have now been getting death threats?  Seems like the haste reaction to it all was far worse than the event itself.  Shameful...
    Yeah I read his letter too where he said he was unsure if he should stand there or go "finish his song".. Gimme a break.  Look, I'm not saying he a Proud Boy by any extent, to me he is just disrespectful.  That smirk doesn't look like anxiety or lack of confidence on what to do next, to me.  
    PJPOWER said:
    even if they didn’t taunt the war veteran just the fact they don’t respect their elders makes them a bunch of idiots actions speak louder than words , if that’s my son I’m kicking him in the ass and make him write a letter of apology for acting like a dick .. 
    Since when are we surprised at a bunch of children disrespecting their “elders”.  Wow, some of you guys are foaming at the mouth over this, and it is not a good look.  The names I have seen people call these kids and the death threats are far worse and way more disrespectful than the way they disrespected their “elder”.  Do what you feel is necessary, though.  
  • PJPOWER said:
    I don’t think anybody will be eating their words.

Nick (the douche) played the part of smug little prick. And now he’s being a weasel and scurrying from his actions.

Nobody around here wants to rip them apart. Most just want to call a spade a spade: those little pricks are little pricks. They made their statement... now stand behind the conviction of your actions.
  • Further to above... the image of the little prick and his smugness is everywhere. And every time I see it I don’t have nice thoughts.

He’s learned how to be a little prick from his all star parents, his all star president, and his all star bible school.
    edited January 2019
    PJPOWER said:

Nick (the douche) played the part of smug little prick. And now he’s being a weasel and scurrying from his actions.

Nobody around here wants to rip them apart. Most just want to call a spade a spade: those little pricks are little pricks. They made their statement... now stand behind the conviction of your actions.
    I just honestly don’t get the hysteria over this.  Did anyone get run over by a car, did any dumpsters get burned?  People are upset at how this kid “looked at” the Native American that approached him?  That makes him a “douche” and “prick” worthy of death threats or what?  Bullshit that no one wants to rip them appart, that is happening all over here, lol
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    Those little assholes surrounding that American Native man (in particular the smug one directly in front of him) need some ass whoopings.

I’m not surprised these little pricks are Catholic school products.
    yup...good bible thumping Catholics.
    Ha hahaha I love it! Not all Muslims are terrorists but all Catholics are like these assholes!

The only commonality is the fact that they're all brainwashed.

Typically speaking, people become religious when they are most vulnerable: childhood or adult trauma. It's a rare occurrence when a well adjusted adult- grounded in science and common sense- looks to the skies and determines for themselves that they've got to start believing in a man who lives in the skies (and has been living there forever).
    Maybe,  but people tend to go back to religion when some trauma hits or they see their own mortality.  Humans have a quite understandable desire to hope and believe that the end is not really the end.  I know i'm not exempt from that thought. 

Hey... don't get me wrong.

It used to bug the shit out of me that dying was inevitable. I watched The Judge and was overcome with a surge of anxiety thinking about that moment when my consciousness leaves me.

I ask my dad all the time if older people actually become 'ready' for passing. He says they do. He's lost a lot of friends. I've lost a lot of people that were in my life.

One day I will go. I'd kinda like people to speak well of me when I'm gone. 10C forum might yield mixed results lol.
    hehehehe.......
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Further to above... the image of the little prick and his smugness is everywhere. And every time I see it I don’t have nice thoughts.

He’s learned how to be a little prick from his all star parents, his all star president, and his all star bible school.
    And further.. I'm okay if you are anti-abortion, or for low taxes, or think that Obamacare is wrong.  These are all defensible positions, whether they align with my beliefs or not.  But the minute you put on a propaganda hat, you are not a Republican. You are endorsing the behavior and corruption that defines this president.  There is a material difference between John Kasich and Donald Trump.  Putting on that hat doesn't say 'conservative'.  
    edited January 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    Further to above... the image of the little prick and his smugness is everywhere. And every time I see it I don’t have nice thoughts.

And further.. I'm okay if you are anti-abortion, or for low taxes, or think that Obamacare is wrong.  These are all defensible positions, whether they align with my beliefs or not.  But the minute you put on a propaganda hat, you are not a Republican. You are endorsing the behavior and corruption that defines this president.  There is a material difference between John Kasich and Donald Trump.  Putting on that hat doesn't say 'conservative'.  
    So I guess the question is, “What is acceptable” to do to a Republican vs what is acceptable to do to MAGA hat wearers?  Death threats, really?  It is a bit much...and probably enough to solidify their MAGA hat wearing habit forever.  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:

So I guess the question is, “What is acceptable” to do to a Republican vs what is acceptable to do to MAGA hat wearers?  Death threats, really?  It is a bit much...and probably enough to solidify their MAGA hat wearing habit forever.  
    I haven't read about any death threats (I'm not disputing or asking for a link), but I don't have to agree with the threat to think they are a douche, a fool, and someone who obviously doesn't follow the actually teachings of Jesus Christ.  
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:

I haven't read about any death threats (I'm not disputing or asking for a link), but I don't have to agree with the threat to think they are a douche, a fool, and someone who obviously doesn't follow the actually teachings of Jesus Christ.  
    Fair enough, you can think what you want of them, but the haste to judge in this matter is ridiculous!  Here is another take:
    http://vt.co/news/us/new-video-shows-another-side-to-confrontation-between-maga-hat-teens-and-native-american-elder/?utm_source=vt&utm_medium=junglecreations&utm_campaign=post
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I just honestly don’t get the hysteria over this.  Did anyone get run over by a car, did any dumpsters get burned?  People are upset at how this kid “looked at” the Native American that approached him?  That makes him a “douche” and “prick” worthy of death threats or what?  Bullshit that no one wants to rip them appart, that is happening all over here, lol
    I gotta agree with you here. I saw the original video, the one that only showed the kid standing in front of Nathan Phillips. Then I saw the longer, unedited footage, where Phillips approached them. originally it looked like they were joining in on his drumming, they were jumping to the beat. Even when I first saw the original shorter video, I thought "if that were me, I might be smiling, just out of awareness that I'm the centre of attention and I don't know how to act". 

then the SJW's of the world mis-identified him, running another student's name through the mud. And that name is STILL trending today. people just don't fucking think. they just convict immediately. no one sees this as an issue, because it hasn't happened to them. there seems to be this idea that as long as you are liberal, your actions are excusable. the left wants tolerance! but many don't seem to give a shit how they get it. 

these kids weren't violent. I didn't see them doing anything "disrespectful" to their elders (and honestly, I disrespected my elders all the fucking time at that age). if these kids weren't wearing MAGA hats, I doubt we'd even be having this discussion. 

Do kids in MAGA hats disturb me? Fucking hell yes it does. But from what I could see, this is a nothing berder. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

You're doing a fantastic job of sugar coating this event. Why don't you just say 'he's a really nice boy and you just want to take him home and cook him a rib-eye?'

The smug little pencil-necked geek sought to mock and intimidate an elderly native man. There is no question about this. The fact that he did so with a shiny red MAGA hat leaves nothing to dispute- his intentions (along with all the other shitheads) were very clear. He got his day to bask in the spotlight. Now he can deal with it. Actions have consequences and he's old enough to know this.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

You're doing a fantastic job of sugar coating this event. Why don't you just say 'he's a really nice boy and you just want to take him home and cook him a rib-eye?'

The smug little pencil-necked geek sought to mock and intimidate an elderly native man. There is no question about this. The fact that he did so with a shiny red MAGA hat leaves nothing to dispute- his intentions (along with all the other shitheads) were very clear. He got his day to bask in the spotlight. Now he can deal with it. Actions have consequences and he's old enough to know this.
    sorry, but no one knows the intentions of any of those boys. were they racists? maybe. were they there to mock an elderly native man? maybe. saying there is "no question" about this is just silliness. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I gotta agree with you here. I saw the original video, the one that only showed the kid standing in front of Nathan Phillips. Then I saw the longer, unedited footage, where Phillips approached them. originally it looked like they were joining in on his drumming, they were jumping to the beat. Even when I first saw the original shorter video, I thought "if that were me, I might be smiling, just out of awareness that I'm the centre of attention and I don't know how to act". 

then the SJW's of the world mis-identified him, running another student's name through the mud. And that name is STILL trending today. people just don't fucking think. they just convict immediately. no one sees this as an issue, because it hasn't happened to them. there seems to be this idea that as long as you are liberal, your actions are excusable. the left wants tolerance! but many don't seem to give a shit how they get it. 

these kids weren't violent. I didn't see them doing anything "disrespectful" to their elders (and honestly, I disrespected my elders all the fucking time at that age). if these kids weren't wearing MAGA hats, I doubt we'd even be having this discussion. 

Do kids in MAGA hats disturb me? Fucking hell yes it does. But from what I could see, this is a nothing berder. 
    I wholeheartedly disagree on interpretation.
This discussion has been closed.