Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    One of few tweets I do agree with.  When he took office people thought world war 3 was right around the corner, yet he is ending American involvement in Syria, reducing troops in Afghanistan and while in the past , did meet with North Korea.  
    Ummm, sure.

MILITARY EXPERTS SAY TRUMP’S SUDDEN SYRIA WITHDRAWAL COULD CREATE “ISIS 2.0”

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/7xyayy/military-experts-say-trumps-sudden-syria-withdrawal-could-create-isis-20?utm_source=reddit.com
    He had a phone call from Erdogan - he was given talking points by his cabinet members to follow in the call. Erdogan said to pull out your troops because we are going to make a move on the Kurds (who Erdogan considers a terrorist group although they are not). 

Trump was supposed to say No. We will not pull out our troops and do not make a military move on the Kurds. 

Instead, Trump said Okay and wants to pull out our Marines and allow Erdogan to finally ethically  cleanse the Kurds (our allies who were the people who actually fought Isis in hand to hand combat as we provided air cover and intelligence. We promised to be allied and to protect the Kurds who are responsible for being essential in reducing the amount of land that Isis controlled. 

So Trump ignored his Secretary of State & other advisors - ignored his talking points and said okey dokey when Erdogan told him what to do. He is a puppet to all the strong men. Pulling out our special forces and leaving an ally to be slaughtered is unthinkable. America can no longer be trusted as a reliable ally. Not saying that we should be involved in all these areas, but this is a mission that has actually worked and since we went there and made a promise, a 'great' country would not abandon its promise to protect people who have done the dirty work of killing Isis scum.  

France has already said that they will keep their troops there and the reaction around the world was one of shock. This is not something a 'great' country does. 

And after cowtowing to Erdogan and saying some BS about how Russia, Iran and Syria are made that we are leaving - Putin has his year end authoritarian 'press' conference and says that 'Donald' did the right thing. But then Putin later says that Afghanistan is a place that the US should not be and lo and behold, Trump announces plans to remove our troops. 

There is no way that a person can support what Trump is doing - he is flailing and disregarding any advice from advisors and not even speak to our allies or to Congress or the military. Even discussing this as if Trump is enacting  a foreign policy is ridiculous. This is not normal - this is insanity and someone needs to stand up against the dangerous actions that Trump is doing with no knowledge of what the hell the circumstances or consequences are. The man doesn't have his daily briefings because they are boring - they cut into his 'executive time' of laying in bed watching the news and tweeting. 

Seriously - to speak about Trump as if there is a method to his madness is missing the fact that this is all madness. 
    Lol. So Trump got France to grow balls?   If nothing else, he accomplished that.  Finally   France didn’t run like a bunch of Italians ( note:  not referring to Italian Americans.  Just Italy itself that generally caves like a paper tent at the direction of a stern voice)
    This makes less sense than a Trump tweet. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    One of few tweets I do agree with.  When he took office people thought world war 3 was right around the corner, yet he is ending American involvement in Syria, reducing troops in Afghanistan and while in the past , did meet with North Korea.  
    Right.   He is actually exposing A lot of hypocrisy.   
    Except ISIS isn’t defeated. Are you guys really that gullible?
    I’d prefer we keep troops there and cut immigration funding.  So we agree?
    What constitutes immigration funding? Either way,  that isn't what's being debated.  The question is why is Trump pulling back so hastily without any apparent exit strategy and no support for our Kurdish allies.  Help me out and explain the strategy because no one has yet to my knowledge. 
    Im debating it.  If you don’t want to that’s fine.  I am saying I would prefer to spend our money on keeping troops in Syria to protect our International interests than needing to spend more on people pouring over our borders illegally.  How would you like to spend our finite resources?  That’s the debate I’m suggesting.  What debate are you having?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ummm, sure.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/7xyayy/military-experts-say-trumps-sudden-syria-withdrawal-could-create-isis-20?utm_source=reddit.com
    He had a phone call from Erdogan - he was given talking points by his cabinet members to follow in the call. Erdogan said to pull out your troops because we are going to make a move on the Kurds (who Erdogan considers a terrorist group although they are not). 

Trump was supposed to say No. We will not pull out our troops and do not make a military move on the Kurds. 

Instead, Trump said Okay and wants to pull out our Marines and allow Erdogan to finally ethically  cleanse the Kurds (our allies who were the people who actually fought Isis in hand to hand combat as we provided air cover and intelligence. We promised to be allied and to protect the Kurds who are responsible for being essential in reducing the amount of land that Isis controlled. 

So Trump ignored his Secretary of State & other advisors - ignored his talking points and said okey dokey when Erdogan told him what to do. He is a puppet to all the strong men. Pulling out our special forces and leaving an ally to be slaughtered is unthinkable. America can no longer be trusted as a reliable ally. Not saying that we should be involved in all these areas, but this is a mission that has actually worked and since we went there and made a promise, a 'great' country would not abandon its promise to protect people who have done the dirty work of killing Isis scum.  

France has already said that they will keep their troops there and the reaction around the world was one of shock. This is not something a 'great' country does. 

And after cowtowing to Erdogan and saying some BS about how Russia, Iran and Syria are made that we are leaving - Putin has his year end authoritarian 'press' conference and says that 'Donald' did the right thing. But then Putin later says that Afghanistan is a place that the US should not be and lo and behold, Trump announces plans to remove our troops. 

There is no way that a person can support what Trump is doing - he is flailing and disregarding any advice from advisors and not even speak to our allies or to Congress or the military. Even discussing this as if Trump is enacting  a foreign policy is ridiculous. This is not normal - this is insanity and someone needs to stand up against the dangerous actions that Trump is doing with no knowledge of what the hell the circumstances or consequences are. The man doesn't have his daily briefings because they are boring - they cut into his 'executive time' of laying in bed watching the news and tweeting. 

Seriously - to speak about Trump as if there is a method to his madness is missing the fact that this is all madness. 
    Lol. So Trump got France to grow balls?   If nothing else, he accomplished that.  Finally   France didn’t run like a bunch of Italians ( note:  not referring to Italian Americans.  Just Italy itself that generally caves like a paper tent at the direction of a stern voice)
    What a fart curing aids response that is.
    I’d expect nothing more from you. Thank you for not disappointing. 
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ummm, sure.

What would you like explained to you?  Do you know anything about history?  Just want to know where I need to start. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,737
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What constitutes immigration funding? Either way,  that isn't what's being debated.  The question is why is Trump pulling back so hastily without any apparent exit strategy and no support for our Kurdish allies.  Help me out and explain the strategy because no one has yet to my knowledge. 
    Im debating it.  If you don’t want to that’s fine.  I am saying I would prefer to spend our money on keeping troops in Syria to protect our International interests than needing to spend more on people pouring over our borders illegally.  How would you like to spend our finite resources?  That’s the debate I’m suggesting.  What debate are you having?
    No one in government is debating it, so it's pointless.  You're trying to create a whole different thread of argument when Trump has not said the pullout had anything to do with border defense or budgetary concerns.  You've created a false choice that no one is discussing that I've seen.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No one in government is debating it, so it's pointless.  You're trying to create a whole different thread of argument when Trump has not said the pullout had anything to do with border defense or budgetary concerns.  You've created a false choice that no one is discussing that I've seen.  
    So nobody in congress is considering these choices?  Vote them all out.    You’re dealing with media reports.  Any financial choice should consider alternatives.  If they’re not that’s the real problem.  We have finite resources.  Let’s choose where we want to spend them.   You want less spending?   Pulling out of Syria is a very good option.  Is it the one you want?  If not, then where?  Please.  I’d like to hear where you’d like to spend our money and where you don’t.  Please engage.  Thank you.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    Debating someone who still supports Trump isn't worth it anymore.  I am making better progress teaching my dogs Mandarin and it's a better use of my time.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    Debating someone who still supports Trump isn't worth it anymore.  I am making better progress teaching my dogs Mandarin and it's a better use of my time.
    If you’re speaking of me I think I’ve come out against trump stuff in our very discussion.  For example, I think we should keep troops in syria.  So nice try. You don’t get to cop out that way. If you’re speaking of someone else, my apologies. 

Sorry I’ve made you think. I know you’re not used to it. 
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ummm, sure.

What would you like explained to you?  Do you know anything about history?  Just want to know where I need to start. 
    The only comment you have is that Trump made France grow balls? Trump doesn't have the balls to fire someone face to face. This is a person who has no regard for what keeps the world relatively safe. 

Do you care about respecting alliances and being an honest broker? Do you care about America keeping its word? Are you not alarmed at the obvious affection for dictators and disrespect for our allies and all of the institutions that have kept the world safe from a world war since the aftermath of WWII? 

France already had balls. Trump is incompetent and dangerous. This isn't a game. The Secretary of Defense and the Commander in Syria have resigned because they cannot follow the orders of a person who is aligning with dictatorships and ruining our alliances. That has never happened before. 

There comes a point when its not funny anymore and its not about partisanship. The time for snide comments is over and It's time for Americans to start giving a shit because we are in a crisis. 
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    So nobody in congress is considering these choices?  Vote them all out.    You’re dealing with media reports.  Any financial choice should consider alternatives.  If they’re not that’s the real problem.  We have finite resources.  Let’s choose where we want to spend them.   You want less spending?   Pulling out of Syria is a very good option.  Is it the one you want?  If not, then where?  Please.  I’d like to hear where you’d like to spend our money and where you don’t.  Please engage.  Thank you.
    Cut entitlements and defense.  Done. 

Open a thread, glad to discuss the budget,  but not in context of pulling out of Syria and how that makes not a sliver of a change in our debt position.    It not been mentioned by trump or any representative as the defense or even a major calculus in the decision, that I've seen.   Im not "dealing with media reports", no one is suppressing their voice on the issue.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    “Vote them all out.” What an oversimplification and naive response because the last time I checked, I could only potentially vote out my two senators and the House member of the district I live in. 1of 435 and 2 of 100 staggered over six years. Congratulations, you just changed America’s spending priorities. And people wonder how Team Trump Treason got elected.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ummm, sure.

Weak. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    So much for tuning out the “noise.”

https://apple.news/AT8cMAA2LScW2p74fLo-lGg

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    How many of you who want the US to stay in the middle east have actually carried a weapon in an active war zone?  I'm sure some here have.  But most have not.  It good to see how brave you are with other people's lives.  If you are so concerned, please join anyone of warring factions that warring.   If you think any of those countries in the middle east are your allies...lol

And that is one of the biggest BS lines that you're military has prevented WW3.  The last moral war fought was WW2 as far as I'm concerned, and maybe the first gulf war.  Oddly those are the 2 wars that you have been victorious in that had a sizeable opposition.  Oddly both those wars had heavy support from allies...

America, "we are going to save the world", "why we are at we will steal their resources and impoverish the people".

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    List of wars involving the United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States

I especially like the 2nd and 3rd war that was fought against first nations people...you steal their land, then slaughter them.  That is what  America's military stands for.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965
    Stock market closed the lowest in a decade.
    Is America great again?
    Ha ha ha.  I think you either need to choose your news sources better or interpret the actual facts better.

we are still above 22,000. It was at 18,000 when Trump was elected (over 22% growth in 2 years!   I think I will take that). And well below 10,000 10 years ago.  My 401 (K) is just fine, thank you.   

a year end drop after a significant 2 year bull run In a favorable tax year with Democrats about to control House for profit taking is not only highly likely but expected.  Especially considering the consistent fed rate hikes (not saying I’m against them other than for personal reasons.  We do not want to return to the Jimmy Carter amazingly stupid stagflation)

im not going to tell you what you’re misinterpreting.  You’d be better served figuring that out yourself.
    Trump was elected January 20 2017 (DJI @ $19,827.25) and inherited consistently strong growth from his predecessor. Today (23 months later) = $22,445.37
    Your initial number was wrong, and the growth is 13.2% and showing signs of that growth diminishing and Y/Y drifting negatively as of late.

Obama was elected January 20 2009 ($7,949.09). 23 months later = $11,478.13
    That’s 44.4% growth and trending upwards, while having inherited an initial mess existing for the prior 1.5Y.

If you’d like to take financial trend data like DJI in isolation and use it as a success metric, then I’m sure you’ll readily admit how much volatility Trump’s presidency has added to the market in his first two-ish years compared to his predecessor. Or you’ll have your cake and eat it too, by coming up with an asinine cherry-picked reason that this is a valid success metric for one President but not another. That’s more what I’m counting on. 

For those well versed in market performance, is this metric (2Y DJI performance) something fair to judge any president on regardless? To my rookie mind, this seems like trying to link rainfall in Peru with winds in Southeast Asia. Yes, since it’s a system it’s related, but there are influences everywhere and claiming direct and meaningful causality seems like a stretch. Would love to learn from anyone who can shed insight one way or another.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

I especially like the 2nd and 3rd war that was fought against first nations people...you steal their land, then slaughter them.  That is what  America's military stands for.
    Right, and perfect little Canada with our residential schools where our indigenous population was abused, raped, and regularly ‘disappeared’ for over 100 years is no cardinal sin. You just pick and choose your grievances to get up in arms over but we’re shitheads too.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

Right, and perfect little Canada with our residential schools where our indigenous population was abused, raped, and regularly ‘disappeared’ for over 100 years is no cardinal sin. You just pick and choose your grievances to get up in arms over but we’re shitheads too.
    We were not discussing Canada.  I spoke out plenty about the injustices toward our first nations, both past and present.  But nice try.

There are people in the world who see America for what it is, a bully and a dick most of the time.  This didn't start under Trump.  Like I said nice try.

I'm not in arms over it, you are...

If you think the west should be involved in the middle east, then go help them...

I personally do not want Canada's soldiers involved in the middle east.  If you do, why?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjs said:

Did I say that?  Someone is drunk posting.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjs said:

We were not discussing Canada.  I spoke out plenty about the injustices toward our first nations, both past and present.  But nice try.

There are people in the world who see America for what it is, a bully and a dick most of the time.  This didn't start under Trump.  Like I said nice try.

If you think the west should be involved in the middle east, then go help them...

I personally do not want Canada's soldiers involved in the middle east.  If you do, why?  
    I don’t want blanket statements about in or out - I want properly thought out and contextualized decisions about the human impact (not national) in the actions we pursue that don’t force me to say I’m for or against interventionism. I want some global empathy.

Since you brought up land steal and slaughter, that was why I said what I did. 

You feel American behaviours are a byproduct of an American crisis - I feel it’s a human one exacerbated by a nation with enough power to actually show those evils, and that if we had similar abilities, we’d be the ones with corruptions and global condemnations. 

If you sign up willingly for the military, you are human capital ready to be spent in a war. A lack of volunteering would yield the results you want, as it’s akin to voting ‘no war’. If Canadian soldiers are tired of this shit, they should stop volunteering. Either the people who join the military are too stupid to see this risk in this case (in which case let’s help our overpopulation and Darwinism problem), or they want it anyways.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:

Did I say that?  Someone is drunk posting.
    You didn’t say we’re shitheads - I did.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

I don’t want blanket statements about in or out - I want properly thought out and contextualized decisions about the human impact (not national) in the actions we pursue that don’t force me to say I’m for or against interventionism. I want some global empathy.

Since you brought up land steal and slaughter, that was why I said what I did. 

You feel American behaviours are a byproduct of an American crisis - I feel it’s a human one exacerbated by a nation with enough power to actually show those evils, and that if we had similar abilities, we’d be the ones with corruptions and global condemnations. 

If you sign up willingly for the military, you are human capital ready to be spent in a war. A lack of volunteering would yield the results you want, as it’s akin to voting ‘no war’. If Canadian soldiers are tired of this shit, they should stop volunteering. Either the people who join the military are too stupid to see this risk in this case (in which case let’s help our overpopulation and Darwinism problem), or they want it anyways.

I've said the same about Canada, I absolutely know our first nations are treated like shit, but Ottawa continue's to fail them, time and time again.  Joining the military to protect your country is one thing, being sent off to fight in foreign against people that have no intention of harming us is not a good reason to go to war.  

You can not even answer 2 questions.

What is your interest in the middle east?  

If you are panicked that 19-year-old kids are sent off to fight battles for oil, then you can head over to the middle.  You can insult, I look at where ts coming from.  A Toronto elitist.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Listen, I’m sorry if I insulted you, that was far from my intention.

My interest in the Middle East is simple: there are people in need, and we are people with more power than they have. Since people volunteer their bodies to military service, I believe the ‘designers’ of military efforts ought to drive based on where the human needs are which are most likely to be impacted by the military forces at hand. And yes - I believe this should be gauged by quantity of human lives, not Canadian lives. The national security angle is that each year, it becomes easier to do more damage from further away, with less human capital investment (drone warfare etc), so I feel it would be prudent to establish global security relationships where possible. I personally believe more in the “because we should” argument but that one doesn’t sell well.

I believe our best bet for global moral progress is with minds and souls, not fists and weapons, and I want to find a way to help with those tools. For not knowing what I can do yet, but still caring deeply about the state of affairs and looking for avenues to do good while still having this little thing called a life that I’m trying to live, I reject your elitist statement. Slow, timid, confused, overwhelmed, ineffective, and naive I’ll accept.

One thing I’ll say, meltdown, is I appreciate you challenging me on this. I need to learn to speak less definitively and argumentatively - I like to think we’re all on team human here, just with different perspectives on how could leave our most positive marks, as individuals, nations, or humanity. 

EV
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    edited December 2018
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ummm, sure.

Yep. Just being happy about leaving without putting things into context is such a simplistic way of looking at the situation. This is a huge Christmas gift to Putin...to go along with the easing of sanctions that no one is talking about. 

And I think most agree that we feel closer to ww3 today than two years ago now that Mattis, Tillerson, and McMaster are gone leaving Bolton as the guy who has Trump's ear on key issues...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ummm, sure.

Yep. Just being happy about leaving without putting things into context is such a simplistic way of looking at the situation. This is a huge Christmas gift to Putin...to go along with the easing of sanctions that no one is talking about. 

And I think most agree that we feel closer to ww3 today than two years ago now that Mattis, Tillerson, and McMaster are gone leaving Bolton as the guy who has Trump's ear on key issues...
    Tune out the noise.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,019
    edited December 2018
    Tiki said:
     My 401 (K) is just fine, thank you.

It's not gonna be.
    Ha ha. Yes it will. The stock market has outperformed bonds in every 5 year period including the Great Depression.  If you have the proper investment risk profile relative to your time to retire, yours will be fine too.   You can’t blame anyone if you’re 2-5 years from retirement and still heavily invested in stocks.  

Good luck with that.  No ones ever lost money in the Stock Market.  After 2 years of this daily nonsense, 5 years is a LONG time. Not everyone HAS that time to wait.

Trumpito OWES too much to RUSSIA to even be in the market.

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,019
    This Mattis situation?  bad.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    benjs said:

If it makes you feel better, I regret my vote for Jackson in 1828 every day.  i don't know what I was thinking.  I take full responsibility.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
This discussion has been closed.