Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:
    Who gives a shit if Russia fills the void... any time America pulls our kids out of a war it's a good fucking thing. 

There is never a wrong time
    Exactly. We should have pulled all our troops out early during WW1 and WW2. Fuck our allies.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    Who gives a shit if Russia fills the void... any time America pulls our kids out of a war it's a good fucking thing. 

Exactly. We should have pulled all our troops out early during WW1 and WW2. Fuck our allies.
    I remember Badbrains pleading for the west to stop meddling and leave middle eastern affairs to the Middle East.

I don’t know what the answer is for the unrest the folks there are subjected to, but I can’t help feeling that he was right- especially when western motives aren’t exactly altruistic.

I don’t know. I truly don’t and aren’t going to pretend I do (not saying anyone is doing that).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    I think Hannity or Carlson would be great replacements for Mattis. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    my2hands said:

If I’m understanding correctly from reading your words, you’re suggesting the following:

1. American intervention could only be the worst intervention when compared to Russian intervention
    2. Either American retreat will result in a net reduction in lives lost to war, or American lives are more valuable than foreign lives
    3. Exit strategies need not exist for good results

I think anywhere between some and most times, you could be right, but I don’t understand how you can make these statements in such a binary way as though they’ll always be correct. That seems rash and reckless. Is there no room for context in your line of thought on this?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Trump could accidentally fart the cure for AIDS and everyone here would be outraged that he had the audacity to cure AIDS using his butt.

Merry Christmas, fuckers!   =)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    Jason P said:
    Trump could accidentally fart the cure for AIDS and everyone here would be outraged that he had the audacity to cure AIDS using his butt.

nonsense. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Jason P said:

Trumps farts probably spread aids not cure it

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    Jason P said:

When Trumpers realize they have no defense for the giant flatulence they have burdened the world with...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    edited December 2018
    Jason P said:

Absolutely ridiculous.  How many people here support the prison reform that was passed and pushed by Trump? My guess,  almost all of them.  If true,  your statement is empirically incorrect. 

I stand with Trump on prison reform. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:

If Team Trump Treason knew before hand that his fart could cure aids, he’d hold it in and burp, thus ruining meatloaf for those of us who enjoy it. Then he’d brag about how he could have cured aids but since he doesn’t have it, why bother?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Jason P said:

The best thing about this point is your curious use of the word ‘accidentally’.

I’m pretty sure you used it because you and I both know that’s the only way Trump could or would ever do anything positive. 

He’s a f**kwad. Let’s consistently keep that in perspective and never let any serendipitous event convince us of anything but that.

And Merry Xmas f**ker!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,574
    A big FUCK YOU from General Mattis to bannon, miller, gorka, hannity, kushner, and the idiot-in-chief....

"One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies."
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    A big FUCK YOU from General Mattis to bannon, miller, gorka, hannity, kushner, and the idiot-in-chief....

"One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies."
    this is fun.  too bad we are all going to die.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:

I remember Badbrains pleading for the west to stop meddling and leave middle eastern affairs to the Middle East.

I don’t know what the answer is for the unrest the folks there are subjected to, but I can’t help feeling that he was right- especially when western motives aren’t exactly altruistic.

I don’t know. I truly don’t and aren’t going to pretend I do (not saying anyone is doing that).
    I agree partly. But once you have committed yourself and you have basically won the battle, do you pull out before you have finished? I could see if it was a Vietnam/Afghanistan type situation and Americans were getting their asses kicked, but that's not the case in Syria. America bails now and you risk the Kurds (our allies) getting fucked by Turkey. You also risk another Iraq post Bush war type situation.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If you object to the US leaving Syria, feel free to volunteer with one of the many warring factions.  It should no longer be acceptable for the US or Canada to send young people to fight in foreign wars.  The middle east is a lost cause...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    edited December 2018
    If the Kurds were white Christians, we wouldn't be abandoning them to get slaughtered.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    If you object to the US leaving Syria, feel free to volunteer with one of the many warring factions.  It should no longer be acceptable for the US or Canada to send young people to fight in foreign wars.  The middle east is a lost cause...
    We’re in a global era. We see other parts of the world and learn of their plight, but we’re more excited about what we can exploit of them in their helplessness. Our successes are predicated on exploitation of their nations for resources (oil, copper, spices, sugar, you name it). We simultaneously reap the economic benefits and/or keep growing national populations because we welcome others and encourage them to become ‘like us’ in our ‘great’ nations while neglecting their brothers and sisters where they call home (if their brothers and sisters are lucky and we don’t battle them to exploit them further). 

Speaking specifically of America (though Canada is guilty of the mentality just has less influence), it’s laughable how much rah rah America exists and ‘greatest country’ this or that - while the historical breadcrumbs of broken invaded or exploited nations left behind is staggering. This isn’t because America is willing to lose American lives for peace, it’s because it’s willing to lose them for profit. If America gave two shits about non-America - as in genuinely felt ‘our human lives over our oil’ - then you’d see wars with net gains in peace and stability. But you won’t, because that’s not the goal of these wars. The peace reduces the profit. The Middle East isn’t a lost cause - humans are.

Selfish, stupid fucks, all of us, getting behind or fooled or silenced through perceived powerlessness by those we’ve given too much power to.

Happy holidays and good fucking luck to us all this coming year. I’ll stick with my standard high hopes and low expectations.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,280
    Jason P said:

How does one become irrational enough to compare abruptly ending foreign military occupation with the cure for a disease? This is the kind of nonsensical line of thinking Trump tries to use to stifle actual conversation about an issue that requires more than just some soundbites thrown out with no thought.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    how is a fart that smells like McDonalds ketchup gonna cure AIDS?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,574
  • Options
    There are 2k troops there.  This isn't Vietnam. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    Queue up the "I will be proud to shut down the government" commercials...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I know its not Viet Nam.  I do not care if there is 1 soldier there.  Bring them home.  And feel free to join any warring faction in the region you want.  I feel the same about our soldiers being shipped off to Ukraine or anywhere else in the world.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjs said:
    We’re in a global era. We see other parts of the world and learn of their plight, but we’re more excited about what we can exploit of them in their helplessness. Our successes are predicated on exploitation of their nations for resources (oil, copper, spices, sugar, you name it). We simultaneously reap the economic benefits and/or keep growing national populations because we welcome others and encourage them to become ‘like us’ in our ‘great’ nations while neglecting their brothers and sisters where they call home (if their brothers and sisters are lucky and we don’t battle them to exploit them further). 

Speaking specifically of America (though Canada is guilty of the mentality just has less influence), it’s laughable how much rah rah America exists and ‘greatest country’ this or that - while the historical breadcrumbs of broken invaded or exploited nations left behind is staggering. This isn’t because America is willing to lose American lives for peace, it’s because it’s willing to lose them for profit. If America gave two shits about non-America - as in genuinely felt ‘our human lives over our oil’ - then you’d see wars with net gains in peace and stability. But you won’t, because that’s not the goal of these wars. The peace reduces the profit. The Middle East isn’t a lost cause - humans are.

Selfish, stupid fucks, all of us, getting behind or fooled or silenced through perceived powerlessness by those we’ve given too much power to.

Happy holidays and good fucking luck to us all this coming year. I’ll stick with my standard high hopes and low expectations.
    Benjs, Happy Holidays.  That is what America does really well exploit, and they use their military might to get what they want.  It is time for Canada to bring its soldiers home from foreign missions, even NATO missions.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    mrussel1 said:
    I know its not Viet Nam.  I do not care if there is 1 soldier there.  Bring them home.  And feel free to join any warring faction in the region you want.  I feel the same about our soldiers being shipped off to Ukraine or anywhere else in the world.  
    right we need out troops here, in ferguson, chicago and along the border...amiright?

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    right we need out troops here, in ferguson, chicago and along the border...amiright?

Have I ever suggested the troops be deployed in the streets...I am suggesting those parts of the world can fend for themselves...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Very succinct and accurate. Quite an awesome rant actually.

The base (as evidenced by that goofy post by one of its members yesterday in this thread) could care less though. The base ain't got time for that.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    These aren't drafted soldiers.  This is the career they chose.  It's not the same argument as in past wars.  
This discussion has been closed.