Donald Trump

Comments

• njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    Mass murderers are almost always male and largely white, though not always. Here is an article that discusses commonalities in mass killers up to Las Vegas shooting - there is a link to a database that breaks down every mass killing since I believe 1982 and shows the stats on the killer and those killed. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/us/mass-murderers.html
  • dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    Pretty sure the black church massacre in South Carolina happened while Obama was POTUS and Trump was only a leader on his failing TV show.

The bomber dude was not white

The white dude that shot up the softball game was a progressive Bernie voter 

The dude that shot up Pulse Night Club was Muslim, and gay 

The dude who shot up the rally in Texas sniper style was a black American with military training

Thst tweet generalizes a bit much for me

There are enough crazy assholes to go around

What we have here is a bad case of the "both sides" argument, and another missed point. 

Both sides are the same.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Pretty sure the black church massacre in South Carolina happened while Obama was POTUS and Trump was only a leader on his failing TV show.

The dude who shot up the rally in Texas sniper style was a black American with military training

Stop talking facts bro. 
    happy bro GIF by Playboy Fragrances
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:

What we have here is a bad case of the "both sides" argument, and another missed point. 

Both sides are the same.
    Agreed. We might just yet be getting beers at the next pj show. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:

Both sides are the same.

No. I don't think that's happening yet.

He was definitely tongue in cheek here lol.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    mcgruff10 said:
    Stop cherry picking isolated incidents that don’t fit the whole picture, bro. 
    oh stop.  it's not like democrats don't use this tactic.
    You a mod now? If not, you don’t get to tell people to stop. 

Hate crimes are up significantly in the US. In some cities, Jewish people make up more than 50% of the targets, while in others, it’s gay people, or Muslims. It is predominantly white people perpetrating these crimes. 
    There they go again.  The left accusing someone who shoots up a synagogue of being anti-Semitic.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:

Both sides are the same.

No. I don't think that's happening yet.

He was definitely tongue in cheek here lol.
    One of the reasons why I do respect you so much is because you can remain objective and critique the right as well as the left.  I appreciate that.  
    Ok forget halifax yet again lol.
    I don't know why some people feel that they need to be contrarian in every single discussion. If you have a point of view, that is exactly the reason for these threads. People are not stupid and we are able to have different opinions. But it is annoying to constantly have a voice come in to point out how stupid and wrong people's opinions are. If someone posts something extraordinarily troll like or stupid - yeah, but I don't think that educated adults have to be reprimanded for not understanding the real picture. Or for not focusing on the correct thing. This is not school and we do not need a teacher. We are all equal in our opinions and we all need to stop thinking that any one voice is more important or more enlightened than any other voice. Every person who contributes to the conversation is equal, mostly. 

And Donald Trump does not embrace Republican values - the Congress is going ahead with their agenda while Trump tweets and rallies and spills state secrets but Trump does not have any ideology whatsoever except for Obama bad and tariffs - which, in the tariffs case, is not in the Republican party platform. Trump is for enriching Trump and whatever helps in that endeavor, he's on board. But he is completely ignorant of foreign affairs - which were always though of as the Republicans strong point. He is completely ignorant of most things, that is why he is so easy to manipulate. By foreign governments. 

And it is okay to laugh at him for drinking water like a lizard or having toilet paper on his shoe. There is constant upheaval in this administration. Not daily, by multi-daily. A good chuckle now and again at the expense of a Trump isn't losing focus. It's being human for crying out loud. 

I think it would be a decent thing if everyone accepted that other posters, regardless of their viewpoint, are thinking human beings who are not idiots. 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited October 2018
    njnancy said:
    Mass murderers are almost always male and largely white, though not always. Here is an article that discusses commonalities in mass killers up to Las Vegas shooting - there is a link to a database that breaks down every mass killing since I believe 1982 and shows the stats on the killer and those killed. 

I don't agree with the funny use of language here by the NY Times...

Mass Shootings... no argument of it being male dominant, 

But here is the problem... 54% of mass shootings in USA are committed by a white person... and whites account for more than 54% of the population, especially going back to 1982 which is the data sample I believe... very simply, the data suggests whites are less likely to commit a mass shooting percentage/per capita wise than other demographics... whites are actually underrepresented in mass shootings, according to the data

As an added note, whites only committed 44% of homicides in 2016 while being 70%+ of the population

As NY times cites, these numbers come from the very progressive Mother Jones publication... and the FBI

plenty of kooks to go around

but yeah, racism... 

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/oct/06/newsweek/are-white-males-responsible-more-mass-shootings-an/

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map/

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/table-21
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:

But here is the problem... 54% of mass shootings in USA are committed by a white person... and whites account for more than 54% of the population, especially going back to 1982 which is the data sample I believe... very simply, the data suggests whites are less likely to commit a mass shooting percentage/per capita wise than other demographics... whites are actually underrepresented in mass shootings, according to the data

As an added note, whites only committed 44% of homicides in 2016 while being 70%+ of the population

As NY times cites, these numbers come from the very progressive Mother Jones publication... and the FBI

but yeah, racism... 

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/oct/06/newsweek/are-white-males-responsible-more-mass-shootings-an/

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/table-21
    So sorry for not meeting your high standards for posting. 
    See above for the whole picture, lady bro
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:

but yeah, racism... 

Why do you take everything personal... nothing I said or did there was personal or challenging your posting style 

How about what I presented? 
    my2hands said:
    See above for the whole picture, lady bro
    So does this mean that only your posts are absolutely correct and evenly biased while the rest of us need to try and be and think just like you  or you will find something wrong with every single post?
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:

but yeah, racism... 

Why do you take everything personal... nothing I said or did there was personal or challenging your posting style 

How about what I presented? 
    I don't take it personally. I am not sitting here hurt and sobbing. I just find it annoying that you are not so much engaging in a conversation and adding to what someone posts than finding fault in every post and then posting as you believe everyone should. That 's how it comes off to me, I could be wrong. 
    Actually, I think I was trying to have a conversation lol

A tweet mentioning the mass shooting in Pittsburgh said this was a civil war and inferred that angry white men are swarming the country blood thirsty for people if color or whatever... 

I thought you represented the article you posted well... 

Most people just assume all, or a large majority of mass shootings are committed by white people... the NY times and some other publications push that narrative by using tricky language and conveniently dont fully break down their own data

-Non Hispanic Whites are currently 61.3% of USA 
    -Whites as defined by the census are 76.9%
    -Whites account for 54% mass shootings since 1982, when even a larger % of the population was white, especially Non Hispanic White *and I'm not sure if they are counting Non Hispanic whites or Whites as defined by the census, that could drive the number lower)

My only point, which is nothing personal, us that whites are actually UNDER represented in mass shootings in the USA. That's my only point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States
    Aaaah the cherry picking of stats continue. I am not a fan of trump but these kind of tweets just divide the country even more. 

mcgruff10 said:
    Aaaah the cherry picking of stats continue. I am not a fan of trump but these kind of tweets just divide the country even more. 

So the cherry picking was okay when your "bro" did it, but this cherry picking is not okay. 
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

So the cherry picking was okay when your "bro" did it, but this cherry picking is not okay. 
    President when the Most killing of Jews occurred in history: democratic president 
    President who allowed the American civil war to happen: democratic president 
    zero support of 13th, 14th and 15th amendment: democrats
    only time nuclear weapons have ever been used in history: democratic preosdent
     President in charge of most destructive war in history: Democrat 
    two wars that both killed more than 50,000 soldiers: both democrats

see how that works?
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

President when the Most killing of Jews occurred in history: democratic president 

see how that works?
    Yeah, so why was it okay when bro did it?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Hate crimes are up significantly in the US. In some cities, Jewish people make up more than 50% of the targets, while in others, it’s gay people, or Muslims. It is predominantly white people perpetrating these crimes. 

Lol

You just finished saying this to him:

Exactly. Both sides cherry pick and use it to their advantage. 

Dignin just posted this in the gun violence thread.

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/27/18032250/the-pittsburgh-synagogue-tree-of-life-shooting-antisemitism-soros

No information about the shooter’s motive has been confirmed yet by authorities, and initial eyewitness accounts sometimes turn out to be wrong as the investigation unfolds. Still, this shooting comes amid a steady increase in anti-Semitic incidents and hate crimes since the 2016 presidential campaign season and, in particular, the inauguration of Donald Trump. The FBI found that in 2016, the most recent year for which data was available, there had been an increase of almost 5 percent in hate crimes since 2015, and 10 percent since 2014. Of the 1,273 crimes for which the FBI found a motivation of religious hatred (about 20 percent of the total), half were against Jews.

In the last year for which complete data is available, the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), an advocacy group dedicated to combatting anti-Semitism, found that there had been 1,986 reported anti-Semitic incidents in the United States that year, including acts of vandalism as well as physical violence. That figure was a 57 percent increase from 2016, which itself had seen a 35 percent uptick in incidents from 2015

So no, I'm not cherry picking specific incidents, I'm talking about the overall trend.

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

Lol

:lol: okay, okay. 

BUT in my defense, I read mcgruff's comment to mean "stop talking", which is different than "stop cherry picking"
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

see how that works?
    Yeah, so why was it okay when bro did it?
    He was showing averages over a time period.  Not really cherry picking. Which stats that he provided do you dispute?

mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

see how that works?

So you're blaming the US president for the deaths of European Jews in WWII?

I mean, there's cherry picking, and then there's totally irrelevant cherry picking.
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

Stop talking facts bro. 
    Bro, I don't see stats here.
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

see how that works?

I mean, there's cherry picking, and then there's totally irrelevant cherry picking.
    Actually, his post is in keeping with thread integrity - it is factual and it is about Donald Trump - this thread's name. Perhaps comparisons would be more appropriate in a thread of a different sort - bad things in US history and the presidents we blame, for example. 
  • mcgruff10 said:

Lol

:lol: okay, okay. 

BUT in my defense, I read mcgruff's comment to mean "stop talking", which is different than "stop cherry picking"

You get a pass. You've earned it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

see how that works?

Actually, his post is in keeping with thread integrity - it is factual and it is about Donald Trump - this thread's name. Perhaps comparisons would be more appropriate in a thread of a different sort - bad things in US history and the presidents we blame, for example. 

Pardon? I don't think I'm understanding which post is "his post", since none of the post I was replying to was talking about Trump.
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

see how that works?

You don’t do well with the whole internet conversation do you?  (I was giving really bad examples of cherry picking.  Come on bro, put some ice cubes in your red wine and come to your senses)

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

see how that works?

You don’t do well with the whole internet conversation do you?  

:weary:

This discussion has been closed.