Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,680
    Another drumpf supporter making the Racist-in-Chief proud......

A disgusting pig.

This is the attitude gumbies around here say, "It's okay to have a different viewpoint ya know!"

F**k off.

A disgusting pig.

This is the attitude gumbies around here say, "It's okay to have a different viewpoint ya know!"

F**k off.
    I really hope you don't think that anyone that's not liberal thinks the same as the racist in the above twitter tweet or as it appears by what was written. I can't view the video. Did it start at the very beginning when she walked up? What led to her racist statements? What were they argueing about in the first place?
    Outside of the trump supporters are racist discussion, what the common reaction from trump suporters is to downplay and deny trump’s influence and validation of racist’s world view. And not only that, but to go on and blame liberals for divisiveness. 

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082

A disgusting pig.

F**k off.
    That's not an opinion.  That is racist.

Why is it that all racists are Trump supporters?  Can we at least find one Hillary or Obama racist please?
  • Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    edited June 2018

A disgusting pig.

F**k off.

A disgusting pig.

F**k off.
    I really hope you don't think that anyone that's not liberal thinks the same as the racist in the above twitter tweet or as it appears by what was written. I can't view the video. Did it start at the very beginning when she walked up? What led to her racist statements? What were they argueing about in the first place?
    So your argument is that there could be some mitigating factor that would make it okay for someone to say that they hate Mexicans and that they’re racists and animals? What might that be?
    Yes and no. Two wrongs don't make a right but people say things in the heat of the moment at times if they feel they're being attacked. Right or wrong that's what people do.  If the video started after the guy was name calling and making racist statements himself. It's perspective. If I walk up and punch you in the back of the head and have someone with a video cammera waiting to start rolling once you attempt to start justifiably defending yourself, does it make you the bad guy or the guy that assaulted you in the first place? I'm not defending her in any way if she just walked up out of nowhere and started making racist statements. I would like to ask again, did the video start right as soon as she was walking up? As soon as there was any verbal etc. contact made between them?Reading what she said, she is an ignorant racist.
    Post edited by LongestRoad on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,838

A disgusting pig.

F**k off.

A disgusting pig.

F**k off.
    So your argument is that there could be some mitigating factor that would make it okay for someone to say that they hate Mexicans and that they’re racists and animals? What might that be?
    Yes. If the video started after the guy was name calling and making racist statements himself. It's perspective. If I walk up and punch you in the back of the head and have someone with a video cammera waiting to start rolling once you attempt to start justifiably defending yourself, does it make you the bad guy or the guy that assaulted you in the first place? I'm not defending her in any way if she just walked up out of nowhere and started making racist statements.
    Whether or not that individual did or said anything before the video started rolling does not excuse anyone saying that they “hate Mexicans” and that they are “rapists and animals”. Do you honestly believe that the actions of one person, whatever they might be, justify those statements?

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,839

A disgusting pig.

F**k off.

A disgusting pig.

F**k off.
    Yes and no. Two wrongs don't make a right but people say things in the heat of the moment at times if they feel they're being attacked. Right or wrong that's what people do.  If the video started after the guy was name calling and making racist statements himself. It's perspective. If I walk up and punch you in the back of the head and have someone with a video cammera waiting to start rolling once you attempt to start justifiably defending yourself, does it make you the bad guy or the guy that assaulted you in the first place? I'm not defending her in any way if she just walked up out of nowhere and started making racist statements.
    So you think he may have called her a 'honky ass white bitch' right before his mother started filming?
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Thanks to everyone having a video recorder in their pocket it gets harder and harder for these racists...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

A disgusting pig.

F**k off.

A disgusting pig.

F**k off.
    Yes and no. Two wrongs don't make a right but people say things in the heat of the moment at times if they feel they're being attacked. Right or wrong that's what people do.  If the video started after the guy was name calling and making racist statements himself. It's perspective. If I walk up and punch you in the back of the head and have someone with a video cammera waiting to start rolling once you attempt to start justifiably defending yourself, does it make you the bad guy or the guy that assaulted you in the first place? I'm not defending her in any way if she just walked up out of nowhere and started making racist statements. I would like to ask again, did the video start right as soon as she was walking up? As soon as there was any verbal etc. contact made between them?Reading what she said, she is an ignorant racist.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited June 2018
    I’m not sure why it’s even being asked , if you voted for the Baffoon your vote supported a racist it’s very simple it doesn’t matter if your black , white , brown or yellow I’m not saying that you as a voter are a racist but you did support one so own it !
    I saw this and thought of this thread. 

Pure bullshit. I mean, of course you don't think less of people because they disagree with you. You think less of them when their opinions are disgusting and racist or support disgusting racist sexual predators. I think the idea that you should respect all opinions equally, even the terrible ones that do damage to justice and freedom and human welfare, is one of the more dangerous ideas going around these days, and it's a theory supported by people who are just freaked out by conflict.
    You needn't respect one's opinion or how they vote, and you shouldn't let anyone tell you that you ought to, no matter what the opinion or vote is. You only need to respect their right to their opinion and to vote (unless it's hate speech.... a think that Trump has flirted with many times).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I’m not sure why it’s even being asked , if you voted for the Baffoon your vote supported a racist it’s very simple it doesn’t matter if your black , white , brown or yellow I’m not saying that you as a voter are a racist but you did support one so own it !

Pure bullshit. I mean, of course you don't think less of people because they disagree with you. You think less of them when their opinions are disgusting and racist or support disgusting racist sexual predators. I think the idea that you should respect all opinions equally, even the terrible ones that do damage to justice and freedom and human welfare, is one of the more dangerous ideas going around these days, and it's a theory supported by people who are just freaked out by conflict.
    You needn't respect one's opinion or how they vote, and you shouldn't let anyone tell you that you ought to, no matter what the opinion or vote is. You only need to respect their right to their opinion and to vote (unless it's hate speech.... a think that Trump has flirted with many times).
    I have a friend that says it's ok to punch a Nazi in the face.

I disagree with that.  You should never do bodily harm on another person, ever, for words...

• Options
    eddiec said:
    So you think he may have called her a 'honky ass white bitch' right before his mother started filming?
    I'm not saying that. I'm asking when did the video start. Is the whole confrontation from start to finish being shown. Her statements are ignorant and racist. Were his?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    PJ_Soul said:

I disagree with that.  You should never do bodily harm on another person, ever, for words...

I think it's ok as long as you are Superman. 

anyone else? nope. 

Superman? punch away. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Anyone do the math on this?

I believe it averages out to $630 per person, per year?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,567
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

K.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    edited June 2018
    Congrats to @JimmyV for triggering someone into an attack that closed a thread.  Very nicely done!  
  • Options
    That thread sucked anyway.  Talk about boring... artists shouldn't express themselves... idiotic.  
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

A disgusting pig.

F**k off.
    That's not an opinion.  That is racist.

Why is it that all racists are Trump supporters?  Can we at least find one Hillary or Obama racist please?
    “Super Predators”, lol
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/aug/28/reince-priebus/did-hillary-clinton-call-african-american-youth-su/

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    That thread sucked anyway.  Talk about boring... artists shouldn't express themselves... idiotic.  
    I don't know about boring, but it was certainly fucking annoying. The idea that artists shouldn't be openly political is just about the dumbest idea going, and it makes me want to rip my hair out that there are so many people who don't understand how fucking moronic that opinion is.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't know about boring, but it was certainly fucking annoying. The idea that artists shouldn't be openly political is just about the dumbest idea going, and it makes me want to rip my hair out that there are so many people who don't understand how fucking moronic that opinion is.
    It's a tired argument, that's my point.  That makes it boring to me.  I feel like it's been played out for years.. Dixie Chicks, PJ, Bruce, Neil Young.. it's all the same discussion.  
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    I wonder how the traveling minstrels, in times past before electronic media, were treated when they brought the latest news from village to village. They had opinions and delivered the news from their own POV.  It's a very long tradition for artists to speak out. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    I wonder how the traveling minstrels, in times past before electronic media, were treated when they brought the latest news from village to village. They had opinions and delivered the news from their own POV.  It's a very long tradition for artists to speak out. 
    It's so funny to me. Ted Nugent or Rosanne are welcomed for their views. Left leaning entertainers? "ELITE SCUM!"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,736
    Kat said:
    It's so funny to me. Ted Nugent or Rosanne are welcomed for their views. Left leaning entertainers? "ELITE SCUM!"
    They're not "elite" anymore according to Trump. Last week, he said he's more elite than they are because he has a nicer apartment, more money, and he became president and they didn't.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mrussel1 said:
    Congrats to @JimmyV for triggering someone into an attack that closed a thread.  Very nicely done!  
    really nice work JV.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Kat said:
    They're not "elite" anymore according to Trump. Last week, he said he's more elite than they are because he has a nicer apartment, more money, and he became president and they didn't.
    that blew me away. it shouldn't, but it did. which is good, actually, I'm not totaly fucking desensitized to this idiot's ramblings. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,736
    Kat said:
    that blew me away. it shouldn't, but it did. which is good, actually, I'm not totaly fucking desensitized to this idiot's ramblings. 

I hate to admit it, but I've become desensitized to these sort of rants. You are who you are...and that's who he is.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    1000% agree. Do you think I care that Ed is going off on Trump this tour? No...in fact I hope he does. He needs to be true to himself. It's all about authenticity. #dragonenergy
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Come on...that was comedy. You may not have found it funny but that's clearly what it was. Personally I found it hilarious. It was very Seinfeld. "Why do they call them elite?"
  • Options
    Kat said:

I hate to admit it, but I've become desensitized to these sort of rants. You are who you are...and that's who he is.
    I am very happy to say that I'm not at all desensitized. I'm freshly shocked every single day. I mean, it helps that every day it gets worse. Just when I think it couldn't get worse (or more ridiculous), it does. That happens probably 5 or 6 days a week, lol.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:
    Come on...that was comedy. You may not have found it funny but that's clearly what it was. Personally I found it hilarious. It was very Seinfeld. "Why do they call them elite?"
    uh, no, it wasn't. this is part of the problem. people who think he was joking. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:
    uh, no, it wasn't. this is part of the problem. people who think he was joking. 
    He was obviously joking. It isn't even up for debate in my mind. He was bragging about himself while making fun of both the term "elite" and the people who are labelled as such. You can still think he detestable but it is that kind of humour that actually makes me have affinity for him on occasion. He is the master troll.
This discussion has been closed.