Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    rgambs said:
    It really is disgusting to hear intelligent people  (like my family) say things like "look at everything Trump has done." Or "he's gotten more done in one year than Obama did in 8 years." And my favorite "Trump has completely turned the economy around."

My reply is always "what exactly has he done?" It took him almost a full year to pass one piece of legislation through a Republican Congress. They're response is "the democrats are standing against him. And there are 4 Republicans that are closet democrats." At that point, I just have to walk away.
    I think part of that is due to the fact that your family trolls you lol
    I recently deleted my Facebook. Not because of that. I wasn't friends with most of my family because I would troll them. Their feeds are full of fox news posts. 

The best thing about trying to debate a Trump thumper on Facebook is that with in 1 or 2 posts, you get called names. Even level headed people immediately turn to name calling because, as they have found out, it's difficult to defend Trump. 
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    my2hands said:
    The nuclear button tweet is NOT fucking funny
    No, it's not at all. It's fucking disgusting that people still allow him to stay on twitter. 
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    my2hands said:
    No, it's not at all. It's fucking disgusting that people still allow him to stay on twitter. 
    Unfortunately, that would be excellent in Trump’s eyes. Here’s a guy who spends half his communications (at least) discussing the undue censorship and falsification of news. Imagine what would be felt by his base when he was no longer able to communicate “truthfully”? And guess who would be held responsible for that? 

If Trump wants to let the world in on the ugly, outrageous, punitive little man he is, I say let them. At least this will be an era of American ugliness not swept under the rug or obfuscated by closed-door meetings. Here, there’s transparency in actions which do not agree with words.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    When you support Herr dRumpf in any way, shape, or form you are supporting evil.
    When you support evil you are evil.

Namaste
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    edited January 2018
    my2hands said:
    No, it's not at all. It's fucking disgusting that people still allow him to stay on twitter and _____________
    fixed
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    Unfortunately, that would be excellent in Trump’s eyes. Here’s a guy who spends half his communications (at least) discussing the undue censorship and falsification of news. Imagine what would be felt by his base when he was no longer able to communicate “truthfully”? And guess who would be held responsible for that? 

If Trump wants to let the world in on the ugly, outrageous, punitive little man he is, I say let them. At least this will be an era of American ugliness not swept under the rug or obfuscated by closed-door meetings. Here, there’s transparency in actions which do not agree with words.
    agree completely. 

better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    my2hands said:
    Yeah I still found it pretty funny. Mine actually works. That’s a classic line....too bad it’s real life and not just a movie. Big laughs in the theater for sure!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2018
    another one that finally found his voice after 8 years or so of silence!
    maybe we can have some passionate music again. im just looking for anything positive!

http://loudwire.com/green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-donald-trump-impeachment/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMcNzjzw63I

Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:

I agree.

I also think if there was ever a time when Trump truly cared what people think about what he said and did... that time has come and gone. I get the sense he is growing more and more confident in the role he was elected to play.

This is a little unnerving if I'm correct in my perception.

It is comical though that Trump has not figured out he is right on par with Kim Jong Un for goofiness. I'll say it again... he has the EI of a gnat: zero self awareness, zero self management, zero social awareness, and zero social skills. And I mean ZERO. Seriously. He's off the charts moronic.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    maybe we can have some passionate music again. im just looking for anything positive!

Exactly what did he need to find his voice for in that 8 years of silence you refer to?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:

Exactly what did he need to find his voice for in that 8 years of silence you refer to?
    "killing innocent starving people"
    #yemen

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    my2hands said:
    Exactly. None of it is even remotely funny. Even on an entertainment level anymore. It’s disgusting and downright scary. 
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    allowing bannon into his inner circle could turn out to be trump's downfall. bannon's only allegiance is to his own agenda. he believes trump's presidency is a failure so far. he will stop at nothing to try to strong arm his admin into doing his bidding. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    allowing bannon into his inner circle could turn out to be trump's downfall. bannon's only allegiance is to his own agenda. he believes trump's presidency is a failure so far. he will stop at nothing to try to strong arm his admin into doing his bidding. 
    yes this is going to be beautiful...

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I've been wondering which of his insiders would want to go down in history....I'm surprised it took this long

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

"killing innocent starving people"
    #yemen

Recognizing that time moves in one direction, should Billie Joe remain silent perpetually, or wouldn’t it be better to ask Billie Joe to lend his voice in future struggles as well?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,474

Cannot wait to read this book.....and then see the movie in a few years.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

Cannot wait to read this book.....and then see the movie in a few years.
    Yeah, I am looking forward to this too.  What a shit show.

Even with how pathetic he is and the insanity in that excerpt, I have a tough time believing he doesn't know who Boehner is.

That said, he is going to go insane over this.  Maybe last night's rampage was the beginning of the melt down over this book.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Bannon is just another rat trying to flee the sinking ship. Hopefully he gets swept up and drowns with the rest of them.
  • Options
    Is the President of the United States giving Page 6 anonymous quotes?

https://thinkprogress.org/anonymous-leak-racist-attacks-mueller-trump-da557b23e613/

Seems that way...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Bannon coming through in the end....

Says the meeting was treasonous AND Cheeto met with the Russians that day as well!!!!!!!

This is huge
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    dignin said:
    Bannon is just another rat trying to flee the sinking ship. Hopefully he gets swept up and drowns with the rest of them.
    True, I don't trust him any more than I trust the rest of the lot.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    dignin said:
    i think he might be a lot smarter than people think. I have a feeling he knew what meetings to be involved in and which ones to be nowhere to be found. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    i think he might be a lot smarter than people think. I have a feeling he knew what meetings to be involved in and which ones to be nowhere to be found. 
    I meeeeeeeean, does it take a genius to see an invite for "Meeting With Russian Connected To Putin Who Has Dirt On Hillary Clinton" and press the decline button in Outlook?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    I actually found that tweet funny. But obviously highly inappropriate for a president. 
    I know what you mean. Terrible, unbelievable, dangerous, irresponsible, and further proof that Trump is off the rails mentally .... and also kind of hilarious.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Lock him up, lock him up, lock him up
This discussion has been closed.