Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    ^^^
    All I am saying is that the tap eventually has to shut off or else the supply will end.  It is showing early signs of wear now.

what you're really saying here is "i didn't know puerto rico was an american territory, if I did, i wouldn't have said something so ignorant". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006 said:

You know what I mean.  It's not really a state.
    Pathetic response. Enjoy that kool aid. Unreal.
    I was making a statement about funding running out in general. I knew it wasn't another country. Anyway I have wasted too many keystrokes answering to this.  President Trump is right on this, the money is running out and will have to come from somewhere else soon.
    so if there was a tornado in dc, should the tap have a finite amount of turns too? asinine. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^^
    It's not that it should it's that it does. cmon.  

• Options
    ^^^
    All I am saying is that the tap eventually has to shut off or else the supply will end.  It is showing early signs of wear now.

what you're really saying here is "i didn't know puerto rico was an american territory, if I did, i wouldn't have said something so ignorant". 

No not at all.
  • Options
    ^^^

name one natural disaster recovery effort where the "tap got turned off". 

NEVER. 

HAPPENED. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^^

NEVER. 

HAPPENED. 
    Is the Katrina faucet dripping or closed now?
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
  • Options
    ^^^

NEVER. 

HAPPENED. 
    haha, well seeing as how that was 12 years ago, i'd say that's a hilarious example. of course eventually funds stop diverting to these disasters, but you are suggesting that funding for PR is going to dry up in 2 weeks after it happened, which is preposterous. 

all you are doing is backpeddling because you didn't know it was a US territory. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    paper towels=world peace.  think about it.  is your mind blown yet?
  • Options
    ^^^

NEVER. 

HAPPENED. 
    haha, well seeing as how that was 12 years ago, i'd say that's a hilarious example. of course eventually funds stop diverting to these disasters, but you are suggesting that funding for PR is going to dry up in 2 weeks after it happened, which is preposterous. 

all you are doing is backpeddling because you didn't know it was a US territory. 

I am not backpeddling.  12yrs or 2wks no matter, eventually it will run out. It depends on how fast and where you spend it.  
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    ^^^

NEVER. 

HAPPENED. 

I am not backpeddling.  12yrs or 2wks no matter, eventually it will run out. It depends on how fast and where you spend it.  
    I'm pretty sure it dries up quicker when that territory and it's people are not a priority. Had that storm run over Mar-A-Lago, we wouldn't be having a conversation like this. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,568
    Isn't it the goal that eventually the area that needed the help regains its footing and can take care of itself again??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2017
    ^^^

NEVER. 

HAPPENED. 

I'm pretty sure it dries up quicker when that territory and it's people are not a priority. Had that storm run over Mar-A-Lago, we wouldn't be having a conversation like this. 
    Yes we would have.  The money would be spent as quickly as possible to rebuild it - a finite amount  would be calculated to rebuild the resort.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    mfc2006 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Worthless piece of shit.

Please Trump fans, defend this.
    When I first saw that my first thought he thinks of the island PR as a commodity that makes one money or not. In this case PR threw his precious budget out of whack. UNBELIEVABLE, the callousness and insensitivity this man portrays every day this can't continue.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Latest tweet folks...
    It is a "miracle" how fast the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police were able to find the demented shooter and stop him from even more killing!

These are the latest retweets.........

FNC dominated ratings last night. MSNBC-disaster demonstrating folks don't trust the network. http://BillOReilly.com  tonight-Vegas analysis

Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity  
    Tonight the truth about how despicable the media and the left are in America today. We will name names. 9 est Hannity Fox News from Vegas

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    g under p said:
    mfc2006 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Worthless piece of shit.

Please Trump fans, defend this.
    When I first saw that my first thought he thinks of the island PR as a commodity that makes one money or not. In this case PR threw his precious budget out of whack. UNBELIEVABLE, the callousness and insensitivity this man portrays every day this can't continue.

Peace
    It’s truly unreal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well, I actually 100% support a complete ban of cars that require drivers too, if we're getting deep into the subject. The sooner driverless cars are the only option, the better. That will cure society of 99% of all traffic woes and accidents. However, I think your arguments for cars going way faster than any speed limit are a bit crazy. There is NO justification for weaving in and out of traffic or tailgating. That is ALWAYS dangerous driving behaviour, and really the only thing that justifies it is impatience. I agree driving habits are the main cause of traffic jams... fast drivers and slow drivers alike have those habits though, so that is besides the point. Driverless cars all the way! SO much safer and SO much more efficient. But only if everyone is using them. Someday it will become law... if society doesn't collapse and go to shit first.
    so you never change lanes?

anyway i don't see a time where driverless cars will ever be a norm.  too many variables and decisions have to come into play when driving for all decisions to be allowed to be made by the car.  for example you are driving down the block and a child runs into the street to retrieve a ball. too many factors to take into account do decide the course of action in that case.  stop, swerve left, swerve right? the variables for those 3 decisions are too numerous to mention. without human thought and instinct at the moment what decision is to be made? you can't program  that for every possibility of what is left ,right and behind you.

as for Trump he thinks because people desperate for supplies who reach out to take them from him are doing it out of love?  ok Donny that's why they are taking that from you.  letting him out in public is a hazard to this country.
    Machines will make these decisions much faster and better than humans.  They can process information regarding those types of things so much quicker.  Angle, speed, etc. will tell it exactly what to do.  You can program that, very easily.
    child runs in front of you car, married couple walking with their dog to the left, old couple doing gardening to your right, 18-wheeler behind you.  someone is going to die.  who decides and who programs which life is most valuable in that instant? 
    This is a great point and faster isn't better. Deciding is not what computers do. They follow instructions. Humans decide with the brain with can use many more factors in my humble opinion
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Military costs in both our countries are astronomical and really so much better use could be made
    But it won't peace doesn't sell. Peace is free. Never gonna happen but we do all know at least here that fact.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I think the delivery of how President Trump told Puerto Rico about money running out could have used a better delivery but it's the truth.  The US can't be an endless cash fountain all the time for everything.  The govt can only provide so much to other countries before it feels the strain on money designated for it's citizens. Other than that I think he has moved on so to speak to the other tragedy.  

Latest tweet folks......

Leaving Puerto Rico now for D.C. Will be in Las Vegas early tomorrow to pay my respects. Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers

Like he has thoughts of others than himself and he prays. Andumm, Puerto Rico is not a country, it's a US territory.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    edited October 2017
    This might have been covered here but I have to throw it out in case not:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/politics/trump-puerto-rico-katrina-deaths/index.html

"Every death is a horror," Trump said, "but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina and you look at the tremendous -- hundreds and hundreds of people that died -- and you look at what happened here with, really, a storm that was just totally overpowering ... no one has ever seen anything like this."

Of course what he forgets is that people in Puerto Rico probably really don't need to hear that right now.  They're too busy trying to find potable water or not die of some disease. Did D.T. mention that or even think about it?  No!
    Jeez...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Tillerson reportedly described Trump as ‘a moron’ and was set to resign in July

• Secretary of State Rex Tillerson openly referred to President Donald Trump "a moron" after a July 20 meeting at the Pentagon, according to NBC News.
    • Tillerson made the comment in front of members of Trump's national security team and Cabinet members, three senior officials told NBC.
    • NBC also said Tillerson was on the verge of resigning this summer and had to be talked out of it by Vice President Mike Pence.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/04/tillerson-called-trump-a-moron-says-report.html
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    They learn from the best. All crooks.

Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr. Were Close to Being Charged With Felony Fraud

New York prosecutors were preparing a case. Then the D.A. overruled his staff after a visit from a top donor: Trump attorney Marc Kasowitz. 

https://www.propublica.org/article/ivanka-donald-trump-jr-close-to-being-charged-felony-fraud
  • Options
    brianlux said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/politics/trump-puerto-rico-katrina-deaths/index.html

"Every death is a horror," Trump said, "but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina and you look at the tremendous -- hundreds and hundreds of people that died -- and you look at what happened here with, really, a storm that was just totally overpowering ... no one has ever seen anything like this."

Of course what he forgets is that people in Puerto Rico probably really don't need to hear that right now.  They're too busy trying to find potable water or not die of some disease. Did D.T. mention that or even think about it?  No!
    Jeez...

it is truly unfathomable to me that he's taking credit for the lives not lost in PR, like he, or anyone in his admin, had anything to fucking do with that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^^

NEVER. 

HAPPENED. 

no it won't. if the president wants more money for disaster relief, he'll get it. he just doesn't give a shit about PR, because, like you, he doesn't know it's a US territory.

as pj soul said, the whole point is to get the region to the point of self-sustainability, not endless money dropping from the feds. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    dignin said:

• Secretary of State Rex Tillerson openly referred to President Donald Trump "a moron" after a July 20 meeting at the Pentagon, according to NBC News.
    • Tillerson made the comment in front of members of Trump's national security team and Cabinet members, three senior officials told NBC.
    • NBC also said Tillerson was on the verge of resigning this summer and had to be talked out of it by Vice President Mike Pence.

Tillerson has a civic duty to inform the public that tRump is unfit.  Pence obviously has no spine.

I can't imagine the stories that go on behind the scenes that we haven't heard yet.  Unreal.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    http://www.journalism.org/2017/10/02/covering-president-trump-in-a-polarized-media-environment/

Interesting stuff!

Covering President Trump in a Polarized Media Environment

During the early days of the administration, similar storylines covered across outlets, but types of sources heard from and the assessments of Trump’s actions differed

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    dignin said:

Tillerson has a civic duty to inform the public that tRump is unfit.  Pence obviously has no spine.

I can't imagine the stories that go on behind the scenes that we haven't heard yet.  Unreal.
    Here is a behind the scenes scoop on why RexT wanted to quit!! Tillerson was upset with the Trump Boy Scouts speech!
    Trump should send him packing and replace with The Mooch
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    dignin said:

Rex Tillerson speaks for the majority of the world here.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    brianlux said:

Jeez...

Shouldn't the POTUS be reassuring disaster victims? Not getting into a pissing contest regarding catastrophes.
This discussion has been closed.