Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,797
    There is a reason this primarily happens in the U.S.
    Its a simple reason.
    Readily available guns and ammo. 
    Its time to stop this madness.
    It was time long ago.
    Watching this huge mass loss of life of free people going to a gig like we all do is truly hard to comprehend for me. But it won't stop on trumps watch.
    Pretty much right on.  What's really insane is the availability of rapid fire assault weapons like the ones used in Las Vegas.  

A friend posted something rather telling (which if is not true I'd like to see it proved wrong) which is that every republican who received money from the NRA tweeted "Thoughts and prayers" to Las Vegas. Right. :rollingeyes:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Saddening in this day and age people have an almost neanderthal feeling to protect with a gun. But its only because every can have a gun. Here in u.k why the hell would i need a gun.? Absolutely no point or need. We protect ourselves without ever thinking of a fire arm. I have no idea about different types of gun. But sounds like a terrible peice of armoury to be in the hands of any human
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Thoughts? Republicans are void of thought for anyone but themselves.  Prayers? You don't know God and so stop pretending as if you do.  No one does.  self righteous garbage.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If the shooter were of darker skin, surely the president would've spent the whole morning irrationally tweeting about being tough on terrorism and the need for his ban, right?

Crazy 64 year old white guy? Silence....except for one tweet that his chief of staff probably forced him to type.
    Followed by a disturbingly religious television statement, recited like a nervous 10 year old doing a speech in class. There were no feelings expressed at all. Just empty words falling out of his mouth, like a robot.
    My God. Shut the fuck up. What do you want him or anyone else to say or do at this time.  He made his statement, so sorry if you didn't feel enough from it.  58 people were killed. Give it a fucking rest for one day at least.

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

Right or wrong. Today is not the day.  Trump supporters and trump haters are dangerously close to the same kind of human.  Sick.
    people keep saying "today is not the day" when these things happen.

TODAY. IS. THE. DAY.

please send me your rules and regulations on when and where people are allowed to discuss current events. 
    If your daughters were one of the murdered, blood splattered victims laying in the ground in vegas would you still think it was time to criticize the president or would you at least give their souls one day of rest.
    honestly, can't say for sure. can't possibly imagine. but speaking right now, I'd say yeah. I don't think anyone's souls are feeling agitated by the criticizing of the president. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    from www.cnn.com:

-- Paddock bought multiple firearms in the past, but investigators believe the firearms were purchased legally, a law enforcement official said. The official said initial reports suggest at least one rifle was altered to function as an automatic weapon.
    -- A North Las Vegas gun store sold a shotgun and a rifle to Paddock in the spring. All state and federal requirements, including an FBI background check, were met, said David Famiglietti, president of New Frontier Armory. He said that neither of the weapons "leaving our store (are) capable of what we've seen and heard in the video without modification."
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    If those kids in CT weren't enough to enact ANY kind of assault weapon restrictions, the people at that show died and were injured for nothing.

R's are complicit.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576
    BUT BUT BUT.....what about the emails? 

Hundreds of White House emails sent to third Kushner family account.
    White House officials are reviewing a third email account associated with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner’s private email domain.
  • Options

White House officials are reviewing a third email account associated with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner’s private email domain.
    Jeeze, JC, didn't even need Julien Asstrange to figure it out. Why you not D'ing? But Hillary and CGF, but Russia, Russia, Russia, Follow the money from Russia with love and a PTape, all the way to impeachment. 7Xs.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

either the Trump admin is really really really fucking stupid, or they truly believe they are untouchable. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,298

either the Trump admin is really really really fucking stupid, or they truly believe they are untouchable. 
    I think it's both. People that voted for him thought he must be smart because he's wealthy so he knows business. Bullshit. He just knew how to cut corners and had a nice start up fund.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Tiki said:
    If those kids in CT weren't enough to enact ANY kind of assault weapon restrictions, the people at that show died and were injured for nothing.

R's are complicit.

Absolutely. I swear that if Isis bought their weapons legally here and killed hundreds of Americans with them, even that wouldn't change things. We can't even get individuals on the watch list to not be sold guns. So if that doesn't change and something like Newtown doesn't change things- it's not going to happen. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    brianlux said:
    Its a simple reason.
    It was time long ago.
    Watching this huge mass loss of life of free people going to a gig like we all do is truly hard to comprehend for me. But it won't stop on trumps watch.
    Pretty much right on.  What's really insane is the availability of rapid fire assault weapons like the ones used in Las Vegas.  

A friend posted something rather telling (which if is not true I'd like to see it proved wrong) which is that every republican who received money from the NRA tweeted "Thoughts and prayers" to Las Vegas. Right. :rollingeyes:
    Why is it impossible to believe if you support gun rights that you wouldn't be saddened by these events? Or as someone else even said if you're republican you wouldn't be saddened? 
    That's a more ridiculous of a claim than any republican ever said.
    Anti-gun stances openly say they want to ban guns, many on here said they want to completely ban them. So anyone who doesn't want guns completely banned often go to the other extreme to resist. End result is no middle ground is met that could have saved 59 lives this weekend. But go ahead, blame republicans and pretend they are happy about this weekend.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

The revelations about the Kushner family email domain have drawn parallels to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server for official business during her tenure as secretary of state. Clinton’s emails were a major point of contention during the 2016 election. President Trump criticized Clinton’s email habits and frequently called for Clinton’s arrest on the campaign trail, leading crowds at rallies in chants of “lock her up,” and urged the Justice Department to reopen the investigation into her emails.

Clinton called the private email use by White House staffers the “height of hypocrisy” during an interview last week with SiriusXM

parallels... advisor to the president "The emails — which include nonpublic travel documents, internal schedules and some official White House materials" versus private server used by SoS sending and receiving confidential and classified information. Sounds about the same to me!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    Its a simple reason.
    It was time long ago.

Why is it impossible to believe if you support gun rights that you wouldn't be saddened by these events? Or as someone else even said if you're republican you wouldn't be saddened? 
    Anti-gun stances openly say they want to ban guns, many on here said they want to completely ban them. So anyone who doesn't want guns completely banned often go to the other extreme to resist. End result is no middle ground is met that could have saved 59 lives this weekend. But go ahead, blame republicans and pretend they are happy about this weekend.
    if anyone has called for the complete ban of guns here, I haven't seen it. I have seen, and myself have stated, that in a perfect world, no guns would be ideal. But you can't put that cat back in the bag. It's not realistic, not in the US anyway. So other solutions are needed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,622
    Good god this man is dumb
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    Its a simple reason.
    It was time long ago.

if anyone has called for the complete ban of guns here, I haven't seen it. I have seen, and myself have stated, that in a perfect world, no guns would be ideal. But you can't put that cat back in the bag. It's not realistic, not in the US anyway. So other solutions are needed. 
    There was talk on the gun violence thread last week and several times prior to that that promoted so many gun restrictions/licenses/fees etc that would make it too expensive for the average person to afford a gun, and in effect banning them completely (except for the super rich).
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    Its a simple reason.
    It was time long ago.

There was talk on the gun violence thread last week and several times prior to that that promoted so many gun restrictions/licenses/fees etc that would make it too expensive for the average person to afford a gun, and in effect banning them completely (except for the super rich).
    That's not a ban anymore than me saying yachts are banned. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    Its a simple reason.
    It was time long ago.

I disagree. If you create policies that eliminate the possibility to own a gun, that's a ban. They just wouldn't call it one so they could claim otherwise.
    I don't think that would realistically happen, but there are many who said they'd like to see it.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    Its a simple reason.
    It was time long ago.

I disagree. If you create policies that eliminate the possibility to own a gun, that's a ban. They just wouldn't call it one so they could claim otherwise.
    I don't think that would realistically happen, but there are many who said they'd like to see it.
    but it's not eliminating the possibility. just get super rich and you'll have your gun. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    Its a simple reason.
    It was time long ago.

So I guess that means there is a ban on homes in expensive housing markets, on fancy cars, on foie gras, on nice champagne, on prize winning horses, designer purses and shoes, fine art, and literally every single other thing in the consumer market that every person in America can't afford. The difference is that none of those things are made for the sole purpose of killing something.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    Its a simple reason.
    It was time long ago.

So I guess that means there is a ban on homes in expensive housing markets, on fancy cars, on foie gras, on nice champagne, on prize winning horses, designer purses and shoes, fine art, and literally every single other thing in the consumer market that every person in America can't afford. The difference is that none of those things are made for the sole purpose of killing something.
    The differences are those things aren't marked up by the government with the sole purpose of preventing most people from obtaining them.
    If the government came down and said you cannot sell a bottle of wine for less than $300 a bottle and that became federal law, then yes, I would say the government has essentially created a ban on wine. That was the intention and that was the outcome.
    Doing the same thing with guns would be no different.
    I'm not saying I'm against gun restrictions. I'm just saying if the government or politicians create policies that are not based around gun safety, but instead with the sole intent of preventing the average person from getting a gun, that is a ban in my opinion.
  • Options
    Well, it's not because that isn't what a ban is. It's called harsh restrictions.

I'm not sure it matters though, since many people don't give a flying fuck, since they place public safety before any kind of argument one might present about what's fair.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    igotid88 said:
    Worthless piece of shit.

Please Trump fans, defend this.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Maybe not a ban by definition, but serves the same purpose and has the same affect as a ban.
    Its like saying we no longer have a speed limit, then mandating that the top speed on every car is capped at 65 mph. Could you claim that you really got rid of speed limits then? I guess if you wanted to be technical you could, but I wouldn't agree.
    So its a way to create a ban without really having a ban or calling it a ban.
    I don't necessarily disagree with whats been said, other than the logistical difference between a ban or not. Guns aren't going away. The more people push to "ban" a gun the more resistance there will be.
    I'm a casual gun owner in the sense I go target shooting about twice a year, usually pick oranges up from my parents' orchard and watch them explode. That's a fun afternoon to me. I have no need or desire for tactical style weapons, never been hunting and don't really care to. I have no desire for assault rifles and hi capacity mags. Just give me a .22 and let me shoot up some old childhood toys I dug out of the garage.
    But i Know several avid gun owners who are all of those things I described. And all of the ones I know don't like gun restrictions because they have the mentality of "give and inch take a mile." All the "All guns = bad" and "No guns" talk instills in them that the gun restrictions will get tighter and tighter until there are no guns left. So when a ban against assault rifles comes, or a ban against hi capacity mags come they fight against it, because they believe it won't stop there.
    My point is if anything is to get done, both sides need to be willing to compromise.Take a deep look at this shooting and many others and ask what could have prevented this? What about our current laws that made this so easy? When both sides want all or nothing, its the nothing that wins out.
  • Options
    everyone should be forced to walk around naked with all backpacks and purses are clear plastic. problem solved. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I think capping how fast a car can legally be built to go at 65 mph is a fucking great idea, lol. I don't know why this didn't happen years ago... oh yeah, wait, it's because of all the jackasses who think it's awesome to go really dangerously fast in cars, no matter how many people speeding kills every year. Gotta put "awesome shit" first! Yeah, you can come back with all kinds of crazy comparisons as red herring arguments, but those generally ignore common sense.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think capping how fast a car can legally be build to go at 65 mph is a fucking great idea, lol. I don't know why this didn't happen years ago... oh yeah, wait, it's because of all the jackasses who think it's awesome to go really dangerously fast in cars, no matter how many people speeding kills every years. Gotta put "awesome shit" first! Yeah, you can come back with all kinds of crazy comparisons as red herring arguments, but those generally ignore common sense.
    it's funny. even as a young kid I would ask my dad "why does this car go up to 200 km/hour if that's too dangerous?". 

it has never, nor will it ever, make sense. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    igotid88 said:
    Good grief. His verbal output is toxic waste.
This discussion has been closed.