Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    He is a cheeto
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    edited October 2017
    We're going to continue our policy of no name-calling and since cracker is never used as a compliment, just like the n word is not a compliment, we'll find other words, ok? Some posts may be removed.
    Thanks all. Have a great week...and I hope it gets better than it has been.

Closed for review. Now reopened.

Ok, I was surprised the word was used when I saw that SNL clip because it is racist imho. We'll treat it that way whether someone is offended or not; some people are. It's ok to discuss the issue but we won't be using that word and name-calling doesn't elevate our discussions. It was used against someone who does name-calling himself and that makes it a very difficult issue. Please, let's elevate our discussions and be better than that. 
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Smellyman said:
    He is a cheeto
    cornmeal!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    edited October 2017
    If the shooter were of darker skin, surely the president would've spent the whole morning irrationally tweeting about being tough on terrorism and the need for his ban, right?

Crazy 64 year old white guy? Silence....except for one tweet that his chief of staff probably forced him to type.
    Followed by a disturbingly religious television statement, recited like a nervous 10 year old doing a speech in class. There were no feelings expressed at all. Just empty words falling out of his mouth, like a robot.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,299
    PJ_Soul said:
    If the shooter were of darker skin, surely the president would've spent the whole morning irrationally tweeting about being tough on terrorism and the need for his ban, right?

Crazy 64 year old white guy? Silence....except for one tweet that his chief of staff probably forced him to type.
    Followed by a disturbingly religious television statement, recited like a nervous 10 year old doing a speech in class. There were no feelings expressed at all. Just empty words falling out of his mouth, like a robot.
    I bet it had Joel Osteen salivating.

Televangelists and the national anthem. What are two things being misused that draw in millions.

This is why Donny is combining them both so much lately. He's finally accepting some of the true Republican values; patriotism and religion.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I bet it had Joel Osteen salivating.

Televangelists and the national anthem. What are two things being misused that draw in millions.

This is why Donny is combining them both so much lately. He's finally accepting some of the true Republican values; patriotism and religion.
    By "some", do you mean "all of them except tax cuts?"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    PJ_Soul said:

My God. Shut the fuck up. What do you want him or anyone else to say or do at this time.  He made his statement, so sorry if you didn't feel enough from it.  58 people were killed. Give it a fucking rest for one day at least.
    Who the hell are you we have the worst leader in our history creating division every day his words are empty on every issue the man is an empty bag of gas .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

My God. Shut the fuck up. What do you want him or anyone else to say or do at this time.  He made his statement, so sorry if you didn't feel enough from it.  58 people were killed. Give it a fucking rest for one day at least.
    Shut the fuck up? Really? Sorry, no I will not shut the fuck up, and it's not appropriate for you to say that here. He made a shitty statement that is super religious, which is weird and sinister because the guy is fake-religious, we all know it, and as tbergs said, it was all about his strategy to pull in support, not about the victims. Plus he recited it like a moron - he could have been reading the back of a cereal box for all the emotion he was conveying. I'm calling him out on it. You ask what I want him to say at this time? I want him to have real feelings and to give a shit about anyone but himself, and he doesn't. SO fucking sorry (not sorry) you don't like what I have to say about the prick, but don't tell me to shut the fuck up. I am aware that many people died, but I'm talking Trump in the Trump thread. If you just want to grieve and not read commentary about the POTUS then go to a different thread.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,254
    edited October 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

Who the hell are you we have the worst leader in our history creating division every day his words are empty on every issue the man is an empty bag of gas .....
    PJ_Soul said:

Our incompetent leader has nothing to do with this act.  
    Post edited by elvistheking44 on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

• Options
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

Right or wrong. Today is not the day.  Trump supporters and trump haters are dangerously close to the same kind of human.  Sick.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

Right or wrong. Today is not the day.  Trump supporters and trump haters are dangerously close to the same kind of human.  Sick.
    You can keep telling yourself that all day, won't make it true.
    Obama, Bush, Clinton, hell even RoboNixon would have mustered some genuine emotion today.  Trump could not.
    What is really sick here is that if the shooter had been a darker hue, the emotion would be palpably thick, in the form of jingoistic fiery anger.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,945
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

One of the common nicknames for POTUS is the Consoler-in-Chief, due to the fact that the public looks to the President as a role model in grieving, coping, learning, and growing from each major event. Even in this shocking tragedy, Trump has failed at unifying the public, and failed in earning the title of Consoler-in-Chief.

This thread is called Donald Trump. If you have issue with the current conversation discussing Donald Trump's behaviour in current events - leave. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

people keep saying "today is not the day" when these things happen.

TODAY. IS. THE. DAY.

please send me your rules and regulations on when and where people are allowed to discuss current events. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I thought his speech was fine other than being too religious.  He also tweeted "My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting.  God bless you!"

No matter what Trump said or did he would of done it would be wrong with how a lot of the country feels about him as POTUS.  He could of read a speech written by Obama and people would still find a reason to criticize him. 

Today was a terrible tragedy and all I'm still seeing and reading is more division by people pushing there political opinions when I'm sure there are still families out there trying to find out if their loved ones are OK.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,945
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

TODAY. IS. THE. DAY.

please send me your rules and regulations on when and where people are allowed to discuss current events. 
    In fact, this is Shock Doctrine 101 - drive an agenda (or ignore a need) when people are overwhelmed and mentally preoccupied processing an event.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    KC138045 said:
    I thought his speech was fine other than being too religious.  He also tweeted "My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting.  God bless you!"

No matter what Trump said or did he would of done it would be wrong with how a lot of the country feels about him as POTUS.  He could of read a speech written by Obama and people would still find a reason to criticize him. 

Today was a terrible tragedy and all I'm still seeing and reading is more division by people pushing there political opinions when I'm sure there are still families out there trying to find out if their loved ones are OK.
    you might be right, but the issue here is how he conducts himself depending on who the alleged offender is. he is outraged at football players and immigrants, but he has no negative words about the white american shooter. except to call what he did "an act of pure evil", which is just over-dramatized nonsense. it's inconceivable to me that so many people can't see, or simply don't care, about the inconsistency in his statements. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Closed for cool down. :(

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

So yeah this sucks ...
  • Options
    I just disagree with the premise. All Trump would have had to do to make me not criticize him is actually care, and not in a way that is all about himself. Now, I don't think he is at all capable of this.... but if he ever actually musters such a thing, I'll be happy to acknowledge it.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

TODAY. IS. THE. DAY.

If your daughters were one of the murdered, blood splattered victims laying in the ground in vegas would you still think it was time to criticize the president or would you at least give their souls one day of rest.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
    PJ_Soul said:
    I just disagree with the premise. All Trump would have had to do to make me not criticize him is actually care, and not in a way that is all about himself. Now, I don't think he is at all capable of this.... but if he ever actually musters such a thing, I'll be happy to acknowledge it.

Whenever he attempts to show his softer side, it's typed for him on the teleprompter. All he cares about is himself. I bet there's a part of him (a large part) that is happy that this story bumped the Puerto Rico disaster off the headlines.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

TODAY. IS. THE. DAY.

If your daughters were one of the murdered, blood splattered victims laying in the ground in vegas would you still think it was time to criticize the president or would you at least give their souls one day of rest.
    Are you under the impression that any of those people are reading a Donald Trump thread on the 10C message boards or what? Do you think they all expect everyone in the world to forget about Trump for 24 hours?
    And FWIW, you have absolutely no clue how those people feel, so don't presume.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

TODAY. IS. THE. DAY.

If one of my loved ones was a murdered blood splattered victim I would be furious with this President and every other politician, in either party, who ever took a single dollar from the NRA or the gun lobby. Every single one. And today would be the day to go after them all in hopes that tomorrow some other family isn't needlessly shattered. Yes. Today is the day.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

TODAY. IS. THE. DAY.

If one of my loved ones was a murdered blood splattered victim I would be furious with this President and every other politician, in either party, who ever took a single dollar from the NRA or the gun lobby. Every single one. And today would be the day to go after them all in hopes that tomorrow some other family isn't needlessly shattered. Yes. Today is the day.
    Exactly. It's time we quit rolling over just because it's uncomfortable or perceived as not the right time.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

TODAY. IS. THE. DAY.

Spot on bro !
  • Options
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,388
    JimmyV said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ Soul is 100% right.

And have a nice timeout. 

TODAY. IS. THE. DAY.

Well said.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    There is a reason this primarily happens in the U.S.
    Its a simple reason.
    Readily available guns and ammo. 
    Its time to stop this madness.
    It was time long ago.
    Watching this huge mass loss of life of free people going to a gig like we all do is truly hard to comprehend for me. But it won't stop on trumps watch.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
This discussion has been closed.