Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited September 2017
    why not give up $300m? the giving of $1m from a multibillionaire is very low-scale giving. it is a fact. the numbers do not lie.    
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    yeah it sucks

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    but many take the bait like it was the 1800s... oh my god, $1m dollars... i can not even comprehend such a number 

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    it's shit

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,626
    MayDay10 said:
    meh.  I cant piss on the guy for giving a large sum of money to victims... as long as he is genuine about it.
    No shit.  If he actually gives the money, it's still a nice sum.  All the asshats complaining about this together won't give as much.  This is the stupid shit that keeps us from moving forward, and how we end up with a Trump and idiots still defending him.  There is probably not anyone out there that only does bad things.... or only does good things.  

Except that no one here is complaining about him donating money. What they're skeptical about is whether he actually will donate it or not, given his track record. The odds look low, except for the fact that the press will hound him on this until he does, and good for them.

Since when do you get to decide that someone is an asshat for complaining about Trump?
    IMO, widespread complaining about shit like this weakens the 'case' against a mentally unstable and unqualified president.  

Its like all the garbage unjustly heaved at Obama from all directions.  It was background noise after a short while and people were desensitized if there were actual complaints grounded in the real world.  This is the type of behavior *we (left leaning independents and democrats) abhorred.  Whining about 'how much' Trump donated of his own money to a cause is silly.  Press should follow up and see if he follows through... but no matter how much % of his worth, $1 million can help a lot of people.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    MayDay10 said:
    meh.  I cant piss on the guy for giving a large sum of money to victims... as long as he is genuine about it.
    No shit.  If he actually gives the money, it's still a nice sum.  All the asshats complaining about this together won't give as much.  This is the stupid shit that keeps us from moving forward, and how we end up with a Trump and idiots still defending him.  There is probably not anyone out there that only does bad things.... or only does good things.  

Except that no one here is complaining about him donating money. What they're skeptical about is whether he actually will donate it or not, given his track record. The odds look low, except for the fact that the press will hound him on this until he does, and good for them.

Since when do you get to decide that someone is an asshat for complaining about Trump?
    Cause it's a forum and I'm allowed to give my opinion.  Since when do you get to question my ability to share my opinion? .... oh yeah, its a forum and you are allowed to give your opinion.

I'm not calling you an asshat for posting your opinion.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,099
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

IMO, widespread complaining about shit like this weakens the 'case' against a mentally unstable and unqualified president.  

Its like all the garbage unjustly heaved at Obama from all directions.  It was background noise after a short while and people were desensitized if there were actual complaints grounded in the real world.  This is the type of behavior *we (left leaning independents and democrats) abhorred.  Whining about 'how much' Trump donated of his own money to a cause is silly.  Press should follow up and see if he follows through... but no matter how much % of his worth, $1 million can help a lot of people.
    this is exactly what I've been saying for months. All of the bitching and moaning about things that don't matter weakens the cause of what does matter. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,099
    chadwick said:
    why not give up $300m? the giving of $1m from a multibillionaire is very low-scale giving. it is a fact. the numbers do not lie.    
    doesn't matter. giving is giving. if he gave $10 I wouldn't say a thing either. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Abermarle Estate is definitely not "one of the most prestigious and architecturally significant residences in history."

Not even close.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,840
    edited September 2017
    A generally crappy human who happens to be outrageously rich donates $1M to the effort.  It's great that he did that.  We can say that and keep our eye on the ball.  HE'S STILL UNFIT TO BE PRESIDENT.  He can't buy his way into being good at the job or not embarrassing himself and his country.  So thank you Donald, for a healthy donation...that it's not a huge percent of your income is neither here nor there.  

"OK Trump supporter, that was generous.  Good for him.  What's that you say?  You say we should get off his back because he did that and he's great?  Sorry...but he's still unqualified for the job you elected him for.  He still embarrasses himself and his country almost daily.  Chris Paul, JJ Watt, and many other wealthy people have also donated (and/or generated) a lot of money to the effort.  Should they all be President, too?"

But to question the amount he's donating and telling him he should donate more is just playing right into the hands of his followers..."you always are trying to take him down even when he doesn't deserve it."  Well, I guess they're right...though they are wrong about how often he deserves it (nearly all the time).
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    for perspective: Trump offered $5 million for proof Obama was born in the U.S.

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Cause it's a forum and I'm allowed to give my opinion.  Since when do you get to question my ability to share my opinion? .... oh yeah, its a forum and you are allowed to give your opinion.

I thought you weren't criticizing him for the amount of $ he was pledging? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    for perspective: Trump offered $5 million for proof Obama was born in the U.S.

Cause he knew he'd never pay that out.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    A generally crappy human who happens to be outrageously rich donates $1M to the effort.  It's great that he did that.  We can say that and keep our eye on the ball.  HE'S STILL UNFIT TO BE PRESIDENT.  He can't buy his way into being good at the job or not embarrassing himself and his country.  So thank you Donald, for a healthy donation...that it's not a huge percent of your income is neither here nor there.  

"OK Trump supporter, that was generous.  Good for him.  What's that you say?  You say we should get off his back because he did that and he's great?  Sorry...but he's still unqualified for the job you elected him for.  He still embarrasses himself and his country almost daily.  Chris Paul, JJ Watt, and many other wealthy people have also donated (and/or generated) a lot of money to the effort.  Should they all be President, too?"

But to question the amount he's donating and telling him he should donate more is just playing right into the hands of his followers..."you always are trying to take him down even when he doesn't deserve it."  Well, I guess they're right...though they are wrong about how often he deserves it (nearly all the time).
    I agree with this, it was the point I was trying to make.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    edited September 2017
    It's great that he pledged to donate.  I hope he does.  It will help immensely.  My point was there are people with a lot less doing a lot more to help.  That's what makes America great.  People sacrificing more than they can afford to help those with less than them.  Not some business trip advertising your new $40 hats disguised as placating to victims of a horribly disaster.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited September 2017
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

The problem is that he makes so many false statements that it is nearly impossible to follow up on all the things he says he will do or has done. And he changes his statements sometimes several times in a day. He has been trying to de legitimize the press since the primaries, although he lives to be in the press, so now his followers don't believe the 'fake news' and if he says he gave 10 million they'd believe it without any proof. He has blown through so many norms without taking a political hit for it that he can almost say anything and it just floats off into the sphere. 

If he wanted to donate 1 million dollars then he should have just done so and then release his tax returns like every other candidate and president and anyone could see what the amount of his charitable giving was and where it went. Having the PS say he was going to donate and would like the press to give him what a good charity would be is almost ridiculous - he is an extremely wealthy 71 year old man who says he has been giving to charities for years.  He should know, esp since he is now president, where  he should send his money and where it would best be used. Since he has pledged and never given before and then lied about where it went and where the money comes from, and he refuses to show his tax returns making it difficult to know if he has even given to charity, there is a lot of skepticism about his 'pledge'. 

And the press has a very hard time getting answers from the administration, at least in a straightforward way. The press shouldn't have to keep after him about the million he pledged for Harvey relief - he's a grown man and the president - he should be an example to the nation, not a child who needs to be checked up on. 

What is de-sensitizing about Trump is the inability to keep up with the constant barrage of tweets and statements and accusations and bullying and lies. It is all day long, everyday - till our heads are ready to explode. I am exhausted and I believe that is the intent. He's been doing it his whole life. Overwhelm people with stuff and make it impossible to even remember what the problem was last week cause there are 25 more this week. Fact checking Trump is a mind numbing task and for those who are casual consumers of news, they just believe the stuff they see not knowing that he has been gas lighting the country at a dizzying speed.

One million dollars can do a lot and it would be a wonderful thing to do. The problem is I could say I'm donating one million dollars and there would be about the same chance of that happening with my own money. And who will remember this pledge next week when the next hurricane hits. I wouldn't hit someone for pledging but Trump is just a different animal and his words mean almost nothing to me. Regardless of parties (of which he belongs to whatever one suits his needs), it's not about not liking the party in power. It's about the inability to believe anything that he says because he has shown us who he is and we should believe him. IMHO.

Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    MayDay10 said:

I thought you weren't criticizing him for the amount of $ he was pledging? 
    I'm not. Where do you see that I criticized him for that? I'm skeptical about whether he will pay. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

The impeachment thread is moving along nicely. People are critical of this donation which is evidence that he has zero trust, and it's likely he's doing it to try and look good to conservatives, as well as play victim by saying "look, the liberals are still complaining along with the fake news. They won't give me a chance. Horrible. Despicable".  
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Genuine. He's about as genuine as a three dollar bill. He throws that out there under the guise of having the press decide where it goes, thus making it about him. Its not about you, Donny. Also, his throwing $1MM of his "own" money at it, is his way of saying, "see, I did something." I could give a rats ass whether he donated or not or how much. I want him to take an active leadership role in responding to this unparalleled crisis and speak intelligently about what he's doing, what questions he's asking and how he's leading his cabinet to respond. He's not capable of any of that. Its just another photo op and occasion to brag about how great he is. Fuck him.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,027
    edited September 2017
    remember when he pledged a million to that veteran's group? remember when a month passed and he still hadn't done it?

it needs to be in CASH and not from the committee to reelect the corrupt sob or anything account with the word FOUNDATION in it.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Genuine. He's about as genuine as a three dollar bill. He throws that out there under the guise of having the press decide where it goes, thus making it about him. Its not about you, Donny. Also, his throwing $1MM of his "own" money at it, is his way of saying, "see, I did something." I could give a rats ass whether he donated or not or how much. I want him to take an active leadership role in responding to this unparalleled crisis and speak intelligently about what he's doing, what questions he's asking and how he's leading his cabinet to respond. He's not capable of any of that. Its just another photo op and occasion to brag about how great he is. Fuck him.
    Bingo!
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    remember when he pledged a million to that veteran's group? remember when a month passed and he still hadn't done it?

it needs to be in CASH

I remember - he had a vet rally instead of participating in a debate. And he actually pledged 2 million cause he said he'd double what others donated. And then all that money that people donated sat and gained interest in his foundation which does nothing. That was a year ago give or take? Feels like A LOT longer. We're all getting old in dog years while he's there. Ugh.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Bingo!

Double Bingo. And I like your new avatar! 

• Options
    njnancy said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Bingo!

Double Bingo. And I like your new avatar! 

Thanks!  That's me with Sue, the world's largest & most complete t-rex fossil, at the Field Museum in Chicago.
  • Options
    he has more debt than cash money.  
    #phonybillionaire

• Options
    The fact that he has to be praised for doing what any decent president should do in a time of catastrophic events speaks volumes !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The fact that he has to be praised for doing what any decent president should do in a time of catastrophic events speaks volumes !

• Options
    Absolutely ^^^

Hopefully one day this thread will no longer be on page one and the USA will have competent president. (I mean no offense to the OP)
  • Options
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485
    njnancy said:
    Let's just remember that the only thing he's done is tell his press secretary to tell the press that he made a donation. Then when asked about it - she clarified that he is GOING to make a donation. One million of his own money. I don't believe either the intent or the amount. 

bin
    go
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.