Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664
    Tiki said:
    "on many sides, on many sides."
    You didn't see this as "any violence is bad"?
    It's a wink and a nod to white supremacists. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    It took well over 24 hrs for Orange bafoon to denounce all the hate groups involved in weekends marches ! Please tell me what was more important in his vacation plans then to denounce the murder of an American citizen by a racist group ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    Tiki said:
    100%.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    Those aren't cops...
    http://imgur.com/JCY2Aru

They aren't National Guard either.

That is crazy.  It's even crazier that it is legal to do in your country.  That's messed up.
    It is crazy when you see it and no one gets hurt when they do it.  That amazes me.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Too little and way too late. Fuck Trump and his nonstop bullshit.

You guys don't think that after that condemnation speech has altered your perception of him a little?  I think it was a very great thing doing that.  Calling out those hate groups.
    No, doesn't change my perception of him at all. If anything, it's worse (if that is even possible). He showed his usual true self with his first statement. The only reason he made the second one was because he realized that his real statement caused a lot more backlash than his dimwitted brain could conceive at the time. it was damage control, pure and simple. Trump is WAAAAAAY beyond the point of redemption at this point.

But you guys wanted/needed him to call out the despicable evil and he did.  How is that not redemption?
    Everyone has already answered this question.

I'm just asking you specifically. The speech today was it bullshit or not?
    I also already answered.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Tiki said:
    100%.

And people think that 3d chess is false.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    PJ_Soul said:
    Tiki said:
    100%.
    //||\\   this  //||\\
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2017
    It took well over 24 hrs for Orange bafoon to denounce all the hate groups involved in weekends marches ! Please tell me what was more important in his vacation plans then to denounce the murder of an American citizen by a racist group ...

How about having the family of the citizen time to grieve before the political shitstorm ensued her story.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ^^^
    I think instead of making an immediate off the hip speech right after the tragic event happened would have been lost on so many.  No one cares what a politician says during an extreme time of hate/mourning/pain.  After a few days for everything to sink in and emotions a little ( I say a little) less heated the people who the message was intended for were in a better position to receive it.  You can't react to everything at every second and expect your message to be heard.  It's like people that constantly post in one thread.  Eventually people don't read them. So to answer no I don't think it was damage control.

that's a great point!
    how is that a great point? his comments 2 days apart contradict each other. the first was obviously from his puny brain, the second was probably written by Ivanka. 

I don't ever recall a sitting president saying nothing about a major event to "let the events sink in". 
    I think a politician talking a day or two after the event is a ok.  I mean fdr waited until december 8th.
    fair. but what about the "both sides" comment?
    Did you not see the video footage of the protesters attacking the supremacists?

I was wondering where the police presence was.
    about 10 minutes ago watching CNN. I didn't honestly see any instigation from either side, all they showed was brawling that had already started. white supremacists punching women. how nice. 

Brooke interviewed the former police chief of Charlottesville, and he said, while he is not in the know, so everything he says is pure speculation, he was confused as to why the protesters and anti-protesters weren't separated to begin with, and how a car was allowed on the premises at ALL, knowing how much pedestrian traffic there would be. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited August 2017

How about having the family of the citizen time to grieve before the political shitstorm ensued her story.
    You can help her family at this link. ADDED: Oops, the campaign was closed because they had reached their goal. Sorry. 
    https://www.gofundme.com/our-sisters-keeper-heatherheyer

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Just throwing this out there.  When an incident happened here when Obama was president people crucified him for not calling it "radical Islam" when a Muslim carried out an act.  

Where in Europe when an incident happened they labeled it a "radical Islam attack"

Not that this was a Muslim/Islam matter but I can see it the same way as Trump not calling it out for what it was right away.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837

oh puhleeze. like Trump gives a shit about the family. he only feigns interest in the family when a brown person kills a white person. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Kat said:

You can help her family at this link.

That campaign has been closed because they already got more than enough donations. :)
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kat said:

You can help her family at this link.

That campaign has been closed because they already got more than enough donations. :)
    Thank you. :) I just caught that and was going to edit my post. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options

oh puhleeze. like Trump gives a shit about the family. he only feigns interest in the family when a brown person kills a white person. 

Not sure what to say to that.  You think one way and I another.
  • Options
    Just throwing this out there.  When an incident happened here when Obama was president people crucified him for not calling it "radical Islam" when a Muslim carried out an act.  

Where in Europe when an incident happened they labeled it a "radical Islam attack"

Not that this was a Muslim/Islam matter but I can see it the same way as Trump not calling it out for what it was right away.
    a lot of white supremacists claim to be Christian. Maybe he should've said it was a radical Christian terrorist attack?
  • Options

a lot of white supremacists claim to be Christian. Maybe he should've said it was a radical Christian terrorist attack?
    You could spin it that way but it's not what I was getting at.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    There he just called out all those hate groups.  Is he still a racist?
    Yep, just named the KKK, Neo Nazis, White Supremacist specifically...Way better speech than Obama's dodging when BLM was setting Baltimore on fire...not that I'm a "trumpito" or anything.
    How do you know blm was setting fires?
    Um...Where were you last year???
    Were the people setting fires part of organized blm? 
    Power was there to check their BLM ID cards.
    They burn those too, evidently BLM and Antifa's go to is to burn up everything in sight.
    You're right, totally the same as Nazis and ISIS.
    Those are your words bub.
    Not this bub's words.

"I'm not sure who disagrees with this.  Let's name some groups known for intimidation through violence:
    KKK
    Antifa
    Nazis
    BLM
    ISIS
    etc...
    They should all be named as terrorist organizations."

• Options

You could spin it that way but it's not what I was getting at.
    I was pointing out another false equivalency in here.  
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited August 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ^^^
    I think instead of making an immediate off the hip speech right after the tragic event happened would have been lost on so many.  No one cares what a politician says during an extreme time of hate/mourning/pain.  After a few days for everything to sink in and emotions a little ( I say a little) less heated the people who the message was intended for were in a better position to receive it.  You can't react to everything at every second and expect your message to be heard.  It's like people that constantly post in one thread.  Eventually people don't read them. So to answer no I don't think it was damage control.

that's a great point!
    how is that a great point? his comments 2 days apart contradict each other. the first was obviously from his puny brain, the second was probably written by Ivanka. 

I don't ever recall a sitting president saying nothing about a major event to "let the events sink in". 
    I think a politician talking a day or two after the event is a ok.  I mean fdr waited until december 8th.

It seems like the cops didn't do very good job on this one. 

I think they did pretty good....did you see the pictures of the armed supremacists?  Those guys were in body armor and camo.

Given the unrest I am surprised that there weren't shootings.  I would think the police deserve credit for that.
    I saw a lot of pictures of armed people on both sides...
    Oh my god.

Come on man. You're really coming across as an apologist. Even if it was true... one side is armed to perpetuate hate, while one side would have been armed to stop hatred (just like in WWII when 'real' patriots took up arms against nazis).

These boobs are confused.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    Not sure if this belongs here or the Idiot Thread.....

Trump: I'm 'seriously considering' pardoning Joe Arpaio
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    There he just called out all those hate groups.  Is he still a racist?
    Yep, just named the KKK, Neo Nazis, White Supremacist specifically...Way better speech than Obama's dodging when BLM was setting Baltimore on fire...not that I'm a "trumpito" or anything.
    How do you know blm was setting fires?
    Um...Where were you last year???
    Were the people setting fires part of organized blm? 
    Power was there to check their BLM ID cards.
    They burn those too, evidently BLM and Antifa's go to is to burn up everything in sight.
    You're right, totally the same as Nazis and ISIS.
    Those are your words bub.
    Not this bub's words.

"I'm not sure who disagrees with this.  Let's name some groups known for intimidation through violence:
    KKK
    Antifa
    Nazis
    BLM
    ISIS
    etc...
    They should all be named as terrorist organizations."

I never said they were the same, just all groups known for trying to get their points across by means of violence.
  • Options
    lol so because today he came out opposing the KKK & Nazis he's all of a sudden a good guy sorry but he's still a deplorable and my opinion of him and any racist bigoted folks hasn't changed at all as far as I'm concerned you support him I want nothing to do with you at all ! 
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

Article II Section 2
    Pretty ballsy for Trump to discuss this yesterday with the Charlottesville chitstorm
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    JC29856 said:

Article II Section 2
    Pretty ballsy for Trump to discuss this yesterday with the Charlottesville chitstorm
    Ballsy is one word for it I suppose, lol. I'd say it is pretty assholey.
    He calls that racist fuck who has no respect for the the law or human rights a "great American patriot". This is definitely not surprising, and definitely reinforces what we already know about Trump and friends.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited August 2017

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ^^^

that's a great point!

It seems like the cops didn't do very good job on this one. 

I think they did pretty good....did you see the pictures of the armed supremacists?  Those guys were in body armor and camo.

Given the unrest I am surprised that there weren't shootings.  I would think the police deserve credit for that.
    I saw a lot of pictures of armed people on both sides...
    Oh my god.

Come on man. You're really coming across as an apologist. Even if it was true... one side is armed to perpetuate hate, while one side would have been armed to stop hatred (just like in WWII when 'real' patriots took up arms against nazis).

These boobs are confused.
    So you consider Antifa the "real patriots"?  I guess I understand where you are coming from now...All that the violent protesters from any front cause is an escalation in violence.  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Tiki said:
    Ok so I'll ask would it bother you if these groups decided to March in your town in the name of bigotry would you oppose them or just stand idle ... before you answer I'll tell you what I would do exactly what Heather did stand there and show my support for anti racism ....yes all violence is horrific! 
  • Options
    lol so because today he came out opposing the KKK & Nazis he's all of a sudden a good guy sorry but he's still a deplorable and my opinion of him and any racist bigoted folks hasn't changed at all as far as I'm concerned you support him I want nothing to do with you at all ! 

cmon dude.  Come back to the middle at least.  The attitude of think like me or I don't want anything to do with you is divisive. A President calls out kkk and Nazis and you refuse to accept it?  
This discussion has been closed.