Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    MayDay10 said:
    I would also argue and say that anti-Obama folks focused on nothing but nonsense.  Shit that wasn't even factual, and it worked in their favor.

I think a president who has severe character/personality flaws IS a pretty big issue in of itself.  Never mind the anti-intellectualism or lack of respect for the position and decorum.   

I pay close attention to the issues as well.  I'm not falling asleep at some wheel, forgetting to vote every chance.
    your first point is actually part of what I've been saying all along. it's not ok to do now that shoe is on the other foot.  

my other point was, yes, in light of all of his other character flaws, he seems like a total dick. but this was his own golf course. how I act on my own property does not in any way show my character like how I act on someone else's. 

it's his course. he can do as he wishes, can he not? I don't see how this specific incident shows any character flaw, even though we know he has many. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    because he is a lazy tub of lard, who had a fake doctor classify him as 'the fittest president of all time'...  and destroying a healthy public school lunch program was a priority for that sick bastard
  • Options
    not sure what all that has to do with driving a golf cart on his green, but ok. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    MayDay10 said:
    I would also argue and say that anti-Obama folks focused on nothing but nonsense.  Shit that wasn't even factual, and it worked in their favor.

I think a president who has severe character/personality flaws IS a pretty big issue in of itself.  Never mind the anti-intellectualism or lack of respect for the position and decorum.   

I pay close attention to the issues as well.  I'm not falling asleep at some wheel, forgetting to vote every chance.
    your first point is actually part of what I've been saying all along. it's not ok to do now that shoe is on the other foot.  

my other point was, yes, in light of all of his other character flaws, he seems like a total dick. but this was his own golf course. how I act on my own property does not in any way show my character like how I act on someone else's. 

it's his course. he can do as he wishes, can he not? I don't see how this specific incident shows any character flaw, even though we know he has many. 
    Legally, he can.  But others come on teh course and pay to use it.  It's not like he's pissing on a toilet seat only he uses.  It's a dick move for anyone to drive on a green because it damages the green and affects the way the ball rolls, thereby affecting your game.  If you want to pursue the point, it shows a total disregard for anyone but himself.  And THAT is a character flaw we all see in him.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Legally, he can.  But others come on teh course and pay to use it.  It's not like he's pissing on a toilet seat only he uses.  It's a dick move for anyone to drive on a green because it damages the green and affects the way the ball rolls, thereby affecting your game.  If you want to pursue the point, it shows a total disregard for anyone but himself.  And THAT is a character flaw we all see in him.  
    this is what i had asked before and no one answered. if other people are using the course other than himself and his cronies, then fine. it is a dick move. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

this is what i had asked before and no one answered. if other people are using the course other than himself and his cronies, then fine. it is a dick move. 
    Yeah, he "owns it" but it's a club, not a personal golf course.  
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    He's charging way more for club memberships since he entered office too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Precisely. It costs 300,000 to be a member there and he drives on the green? It further proves he doesn't give a shit about anything but himself.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    eddiec said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Precisely. It costs 300,000 to be a member there and he drives on the green? It further proves he doesn't give a shit about anything but himself.
    It also shows that the members there have more dollars than sense.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

jumpin jehosefat! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambs said:
    eddiec said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It also shows that the members there have more dollars than sense.
    o
    Don't forget to tip your servers..
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2017
    Last year during the kerfuffle I went to this website and emailed asking about becoming a member. About 2wks later I received a response asking some very pointed questions.  I got a taste of what it is like to be rich.  It asked for references and if I or any of the references owned a black Amex.  It also asked if the minimum balance required was more than the annual fee being applied for.  I decided not to pursue it any further.  

https://www.trumpgolf.com/default.aspx?p=dynamicmodule&pageid=98&ssid=100118&vnf=1
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    Last year during the kerfuffle I went to this website and emailed asking about becoming a member. About 2wks later I received a response asking some very pointed questions.  I got a taste of what it is like to be rich.  It asked for references and if I or any of the references owned a black Amex.  It also asked if the minimum balance required was more than the annual fee being applied for.  I decided not to pursue it any further.  

https://www.trumpgolf.com/default.aspx?p=dynamicmodule&pageid=98&ssid=100118&vnf=1
    Just makes it all the more laughable, and sad, that his base believes him to be a man for the working class.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Cheating on your scorecard hurts only you, until you start bragging about it, and then you're just a lying sack o shit.

I'm in agreement that there is no bigger dick move in all of golf than driving on the putting surface. It shows a total lack of empathy for your fellow players who would play after you, or for the people who worked tirelessly to get the green in that condition.

Even if you do own the place.  Way to keep it classy, Donnie.

I wonder if he only uses gasoline powered golf carts at his clubs.  Those ones are awesome.   

https://gatorgolfcars.com/gas-vs-electric-golf-carts/

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I personally think we should close every golf course in the nation and turn them into farms, orchards, shelters, alternative energy fields, etc.  Golf is the most boring god damn thing on the planet and the courses take up so much friggin' land. 
    #DrainTheWaterHazard #MakeMericaUnitedStatesOfAmericaAgain
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    AND he wants to drop Atomic weapons on NK like he's doing us a favor.  He should be removed from office.  He's fucking unstable.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,318
    He's at it again. I wish he'd do less dick swinging and more golf club swinging, frankly. All of this bluster and posturing might work when closing a tremendous deal, but we are talking about tens of millions of lives, not a gold-plated hotel.

I guess I'll be calling my senators today, again. My representative's staff now knows me when I call; I never called a member of Congress before January, 2017, and now I do it several times a week.

This is about country, not politics. I'm pretty centrist, valuing civil liberties and human rights most of all. Had Agent Orange chosen to run as a Democrat, I would have poured my energy into begging Mitt Romney to run, or, G-d help me, supporting Jeb(!). This man is fundamentally unfit to make any decisions affecting anyone, and we all are less safe as a result.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm reading that Manafort was the birdie who sang a little song about Kushner's secret meeting.
    If he's singing for Mueller, this should be fun.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
     his previous "fire and fury" warning to Pyongyang might have been too mild.

"Maybe that statement wasn't tough enough," Trump said in the latest round of an escalating exchange of threats between the two nuclear-armed nations. "North Korea better get their act together or they are going to be in trouble like few nations have ever been in trouble," Trump said, flanked by Vice-President Mike Pence. "It may very well be tougher than I said." "Things will happen to them like they never thought possible, OK?" Trump said. Of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Trump added: "He's been pushing the world around for a long time."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-tells-north-korea-to-get-their-act-together-1.3539703

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I wish Trump would just shut the fuck up for a couple of days instead of constantly escalating the situation. Fucking idiot.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ^^^
    Some people would rather talk about his golf etiquette than his nuclear threats.

• Options
    ^^^
    Some people would rather talk about his golf etiquette than his nuclear threats.

No, I think it's clear that we wish he'd stfu about it and let diplomacy take over.  He made his threat.  Does he think NK should have already disarmed themselves?   You make your threat.  You let China stew on it and then they will start to put pressure on NK.  
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Are those nuclear threats? He didn't actually say he was planning on nuking North Korea, did he?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    PJ_Soul said:
    Are those nuclear threats? He didn't actually say he was planning on nuking North Korea, did he?

I would say threatening 'fire and fury like the world has never seen' implies it to a fair degree

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ^^^

No, I think it's clear that we wish he'd stfu about it and let diplomacy take over.  He made his threat.  Does he think NK should have already disarmed themselves?   You make your threat.  You let China stew on it and then they will start to put pressure on NK.  

And how has the diplomacy been going so far before President Trump?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

cmon
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ^^^

So you'd support an immediate first strike is that it?  Because either you support striking now, or you support talks to de-escalate.  It's a binary choice.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,705
    Did anyone ask Trump how or what exactly Kim Jong Un has done to "push the world around for some time now?" Invade Paraguay?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2017
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ^^^

So you'd support an immediate first strike is that it?  Because either you support striking now, or you support talks to de-escalate.  It's a binary choice.

I think it's at the point where someone has to step up their game in politics.  The ball is now in NKs court because someone just did.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    MayDay10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I would say threatening 'fire and fury like the world has never seen' implies it to a fair degree

Sure, but that's assuming we're actually taking this chest pounding and posturing seriously.... I mean, he "threatened" that in the context of N. Korea simply continuing to make its own threats. The US isn't going to nuke North Korea over threats, obviously. If N. Korea actually nukes Guam, then sure, a retaliation with nukes would be understandable. But Kim Jong Un is also known to be into this crazy man chest thumping bullshit. So maybe now the two of them are just acting like the immature, ridiculous apes that they are, and not making serious nuclear threats at all. Also, Trump and hyperbole... I mean, come on. TRUMP saying that "fire and fury like the world has never seen" has to be taken with a pretty huge grain of salt, considering the source.
    Anyway, the US won't do anything unless provoked. Will N. Korea actually nuke Guam?? I doubt it. I mean, where would they go from there?? The US would obviously return fire and bomb the living shit out of them... then what? I like to think that Kim Jong Un and/or the people around him have more sense than that. I know it's possible that they don't, but so far, that has been the case - just a lot of sabre rattling. Remember, it is only good for that regime for their citizens to hate and fear the USA. This is really helping with that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
This discussion has been closed.