Donald Trump

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:
    ^^^
    Some people would rather talk about his golf etiquette than his nuclear threats.

No, I think it's clear that we wish he'd stfu about it and let diplomacy take over.  He made his threat.  Does he think NK should have already disarmed themselves?   You make your threat.  You let China stew on it and then they will start to put pressure on NK.  

And how has the diplomacy been going so far before President Trump?
    I can't recall any Korean wars in the last 40 years, so, yeah...pretty good.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    PJ_Soul said:
    MayDay10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Are those nuclear threats? He didn't actually say he was planning on nuking North Korea, did he?

I would say threatening 'fire and fury like the world has never seen' implies it to a fair degree

Sure, but that's assuming we're actually taking this chest pounding and posturing seriously.... I mean, he "threatened" that in the context of N. Korea simply continuing to make its own threats. The US isn't going to nuke North Korea over threats, obviously. If N. Korea actually nukes Guam, then sure, a retaliation with nukes would be understandable. But Kim Jong Un is also known to be into this crazy man chest thumping bullshit. So maybe now the two of them are just acting like the immature, ridiculous apes that they are, and not making serious nuclear threats. Also, Trump and hyperbole... I mean, come on. TRUMP saying that "fire and fury like the world has never seen" has to be taken with a pretty huge grain of salt, considering the source.
    the unfortunate possibility is that the chest thumping turns into something more serious, which it easily could with how crazy/stupid both of them are. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,344
    PJ_Soul said:
    MayDay10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Are those nuclear threats? He didn't actually say he was planning on nuking North Korea, did he?

I would say threatening 'fire and fury like the world has never seen' implies it to a fair degree

Sure, but that's assuming we're actually taking this chest pounding and posturing seriously.... I mean, he "threatened" that in the context of N. Korea simply continuing to make its own threats. The US isn't going to nuke North Korea over threats, obviously. If N. Korea actually nukes Guam, then sure, a retaliation with nukes would be understandable. But Kim Jong Un is also known to be into this crazy man chest thumping bullshit. So maybe now the two of them are just acting like the immature, ridiculous apes that they are, and not making serious nuclear threats. Also, Trump and hyperbole... I mean, come on. TRUMP saying that "fire and fury like the world has never seen" has to be taken with a pretty huge grain of salt, considering the source.
    the unfortunate possibility is that the chest thumping turns into something more serious, which it easily could with how crazy/stupid both of them are. 
    CrazySexyCool?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I wish they'd both shut the fuck up, cut to the chase & get their dicks measured so it will all be over with.  Trump can lie in a tweet about how his is bigger and his tweetledees can all rave about voting for the big dick guy and the rest of us will all be relieved that there's no nuclear god damn war commencing.
    #DrainTheHazards #MakeMericaUnitedStatesOfAmericaAgain
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    We all know he's in over his head and hoped the damage caused would be mostly domestic. When you chest thump with other countries, those are statements you either keep or back down from. trump will back down from them after being told what to do by China, Japan, and  South Korea. Further diminishing our status globally.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Well now we know what he thinks of Putin kicking 755 US diplomats out of his country. His response to Putin: "Thank you."

Weak. Submissive. Traitor. 
    www.myspace.com
    I can't imagine living in the country next door to a country with a lunatic leader......wait.......

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,344
    Is that fucking real??  What a spineless bastard.  And that alone should make Republicans furious.  I won't even get into the silliness considering they didn't actually get fired.  That gives too much credit to the statement itself.  The fact that it's his official response is an outrage.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,880
    I can't imagine living in the country next door to a country with a lunatic leader......wait.......
    Ha. Yeah, I admit it's a bit unsettling.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I read the text of the response and figured there would be a sarcastic tone to it...negative. 
  • PJ_Soul said:
    America had a clear choice Hillary or Trump.  
    PJ_Soul said:
    I wonder if Hillary is now thankful she lost or is wishing she could be in the thick of it. 

www.headstonesband.com

• ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    ^^^
    Some people would rather talk about his golf etiquette than his nuclear threats.

Stop defending him.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • I can't tell if he's a blowhard or if he's remotely serious.

And nobody is speaking to his golf etiquette like that is the most critical piece. Talking of his demeanour on the course only solidifies the general notion that he is a raving narcissist. He plays by his own rules thinking he is above them (and, by extension, all those that comply with them).

Great leaders are selfless... not selfish. The USA doesn't have a leader as their president. They have a megalomaniac. And given they voted for him... they deserve him and own him. Let's just hope his little rat claws don't extend into other country's business and the damage is limited to the US where he was chosen to handle the reins.

It would be best if people encouraged him to just play golf (however he might draw satisfaction from doing so)... and not play politics.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Speaking as a voting American, I did not choose him....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    For the life of me, I truly do not know or understand how anyone can support him.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    PJ_Soul said:
    I wonder if Hillary is now thankful she lost or is wishing she could be in the thick of it. 
    There is no way she is thankful to have lost. That was likely the worst thing that ever happened to her.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    mfc2006 said:
    For the life of me, I truly do not know or understand how anyone can support him.
    Agreed. Unfortunately, I know a few people that think Trump is doing a great job and support him 100%.
  • ^^^
    I would think that having a President husband having an affair on her would be worse.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    ^^^
    I would think that having a President husband having an affair on her would be worse.

Why would that be worse? Or are you assuming that her own accomplishments, goals and legacy are somehow less important than those of her husband?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    ^^^

Why would you think that? I guess you haven't been paying attention for the last 20 years or so.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    mfc2006 said:
    Agreed. Unfortunately, I know a few people that think Trump is doing a great job and support him 100%.
    His supporters, specifically on NK, blame them having nukes and getting this far on Clinton and Obama. They view trump not only as being able to fix this wrong, but also to re-establish our position as a world power (which apprarently was damaged by Obama?). They wouldn't hesitate to support a war with North Korea.  
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    edited August 2017
    ^^^

Poor Melania and the ex's then...

Grab em by the p***y and just start kissing
    Post edited by Kat on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    There is no way she is thankful to have lost. That was likely the worst thing that ever happened to her.
    having to deal with KJU? that's possibly a deal breaker. possibly even worse. 

www.headstonesband.com

^^^

jesus. really? i would imagine everything she has accomplished in her life, not the least of which being the first real female presidential candidate, would overshadow that nonsense. 

www.headstonesband.com

• ^^^

jesus. really? i would imagine everything she has accomplished in her life, not the least of which being the first real female presidential candidate, would overshadow that nonsense. 

Yes really.  I think she got overshadowed w/ the whole first female thing.  
    she got overshadowed this year from something years ago? you are seriously out of your mind. if that were true, trump would have paraded lewinski out in front of his bloodthirsty crowds during the election. even he knew that was untouchable. 

www.headstonesband.com

• What does gender have to do w/ it?  Being a first possible female President should not have been a factor in any mind.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,161
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Well this is an interesting tweet.  Even though it's over an hour old but anyway......
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-approval-rebounds-to-45-surges-among-hispanics-union-homes-men/article/2630910
    "Trump approval rebounds to 45%, surges among Hispanics, union homes, men"

This discussion has been closed.