Donald Trump

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    edited September 2022
    The trip to VA/DC the other day is definitely odd....not trying to push conspiracy crap but it sure looked like tRump was just getting his cronies away from any possible hidden microphones to discuss how to get out of his mess and coordinate their stories.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    The trip to VA/DC the other day is definitely odd....not trying to push conspiracy crap but it sure looked like tRump was just getting his cronies away from any possible hidden microphones to discuss how to get out of his mess and coordinate their stories.
    Well the picture I saw he had his turf director for the course with him.  I don't think they would have him there if that was the case.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    mrussel1 said:
    Well the picture I saw he had his turf director for the course with him.  I don't think they would have him there if that was the case.  
    true....didn't see that. I just saw a bunch of dudes standing around without golf clubsl
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited September 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah, I saw a lot of people making a big deal about that, and all I could wonder was "could there be any other plausible explanation?", to which there is / was. 

Gern, this isn't a shot at you, it did seem odd / suspicious. 

But otoh, as someone pointed out... Eric was there... he's not bringing that dummy to any top secret meetings.  
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Plus, they might not be great at a lot of things but I am sure they are quite good at having potentially incriminating conversations and less obvious settings.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    i have a plausible explanation.

maybe one of them ordered crispy fried onions with breakfast and they ended up getting to the first tee box late and ended up playing behind a guy named norm who is known to be the slowest golfer in america. norm would not allow them to play through. an argument ensued so trump and his group left the course but norm dropped dead of a heart attack. they decided to play the course again the next day when other members did not play in honor of, and out of respect for norm. they accidently killed the black swan during that round. the picture was taken as all of them were coordinating their story, as the black swan, kyoko, was the pet of mr. takahashi, the real owner of the golf club. they knew that mr. takahashi would ban them from the club for life if he found out they killed kyoko.  
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    or that could just be the plot of an episode of curb your enthusiasm.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

Haha, as I was reading I kept thinking about the black swan... what was that from... and then you called it out.  Funny episode.  Season 1 I think.  Long time ago. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Haha, as I was reading I kept thinking about the black swan... what was that from... and then you called it out.  Funny episode.  Season 1 I think.  Long time ago. 
    2009. season 7, episode 7. its a classic.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422

Panel: Archives still not certain it has all Trump records
    By FARNOUSH AMIRI
    Yesterday

WASHINGTON (AP) — The National Archives is still not certain that it has custody of all Donald Trump's presidential records even after the FBI search of his Mar-a-Lago club, a congressional committee said in a letter Tuesday.

The House Committee on Oversight and Reform revealed that staff at the Archives on an Aug. 24 call could not provide assurances that they have all of Trump's presidential records. The committee in the letter asked the Archives to conduct an assessment of whether any Trump records remain unaccounted for and potentially in his possession.

“In light of revelations that Mr. Trump’s representatives misled investigators about his continued possession of government property and that material found at his club included dozens of ‘empty folders’ for classified material, I am deeply concerned that sensitive presidential records may remain out of the control and custody of the U.S. Government,” Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., the chairwoman of the Oversight Committee, wrote in the letter.

The House committee has jurisdiction over the Presidential Records Act, a 1978 law that requires the preservation of White House documents as property of the U.S. government. The request is the latest development in a monthslong back-and-forth between the agency and the committee, which has been investigating Trump's handling of records.

The request also comes weeks after the FBI recovered more than 100 documents with classified markings and even more than 10,000 other government documents from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate. The search came after lawyers for Trump provided a sworn certification that all government records had been returned.

Maloney and other Democratic lawmakers on the panel have been seeking a briefing from the National Archives, but haven't received one due to the Justice Department's ongoing criminal investigation into the matter.

But the letter notes a call between Archives staff and the committee on Aug. 24, where lawmakers were informed that documents could still be missing.

As a result, Maloney wrote, the committee is asking the agency to conduct an “urgent review” of all of the government records that have been recorded from the Trump White House to determine whether any additional records remain unaccounted for and potentially in the possession of the former president.

In addition, the committee also asked for the Archives to get a personal certification from Trump “that he has surrendered all presidential records that he illegally removed from the White House after leaving office.”

The committee is asking the Archives to provide an initial assessment of this review by Sept. 27.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited September 2022
    Trizzy up here in DC because he probably gonna have to move his money losing LIV golf tourney from his money losing NYC golf course to his money losing VA golf course.  So compromised, and so fucking sad.

It's why Eric Trump is there, he's the VP in charge of MONEY LOSING for the Trump Golf "business".

Eric Adams: NYC mayor under new pressure to break Trump's golf deal with city, scrap Saudi-backed event - CNNPolitics  
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    edited September 2022
    Although I didn't make it to the Camden lawn (at 80 dollars a pop), my name is Tiki, and I approved this message.

Trump warns of 'problems' like 'we've never seen' if he's indicted

The former president said an indictment wouldn’t stop him from running for the White House again and repeatedly said Americans “would not stand” for his prosecution.

“If a thing like that happened, I would have no prohibition against running,” Trump said in an interview with conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt. “I think if it happened, I think you’d have problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before. I don’t think the people of the United States would stand for it.”

Hewitt asked Trump what he meant by “problems.”

“I think they’d have big problems. Big problems. I just don’t think they’d stand for it. They will not sit still and stand for this ultimate of hoaxes,” Trump said.

Trump warns of 'problems' like 'we've never seen' if he's indicted (msn.com)

Time's up.

https://youtu.be/0YAA7nivQng

• At this point I want to see him indicted just to see what the lunatics will do. 

We're screwed anyway, may as well err on the side of law & order. 

At this point I want to see him indicted just to see what the lunatics will do. 

We're screwed anyway, may as well err on the side of law & order. 
    They're all a bunch of tough talkers.  But they aren't doing anything that matters or presents a risk to the union. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    they've seen the ramifications of Jan 6th. none but a few random loons are going to risk that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    ikiT said:
    Although I didn't make it to the Camden lawn (at 80 dollars a pop), my name is Tiki, and I approved this message.

Great show, theyre raving over in GTF about the setlist. I Was thrilled at my first ever pit, absolutely loved wash and oceans, but the other rarities I’m amazed how much fans love HTI, SOLAT, etc.

plus how good can a show be without solid AMT representation?
    edited September 2022
    The pit is good.  The setlist looked killer.

Mrs. ikiT was not having any lawn seats, and the 1600 dolla PJ Premiums seemed excessive.  
    mickeyrat said:
    joint fundraising committee? gold card? for what? so I can be a card carrying dumbfuck?

as I suspected, I have in fact received an email every day since inviting me to rsvp.

looked up the venue, small arena, 7000 capacity listed for concerts,  5700 for hockey.

I find it SAD he hasn't gotten 7k rsvp's yet, which the daily email suggests to me.

also find it laughable the logo that shows up on my inbox for each email is the trump/pence logo......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Have you achieved King MAGA status?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    Have you achieved King MAGA status?

no. I dont aspire to be either.

edited September 2022
    Banana Rupublic

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    joint fundraising committee? gold card? for what? so I can be a card carrying dumbfuck?

as I suspected, I have in fact received an email every day since inviting me to rsvp.

looked up the venue, small arena, 7000 capacity listed for concerts,  5700 for hockey.

I find it SAD he hasn't gotten 7k rsvp's yet, which the daily email suggests to me.

also find it laughable the logo that shows up on my inbox for each email is the trump/pence logo......

3 emails today. all in the past 3 hours....

• Oops

Ohioans were glued to their TV screens Saturday night during Donald Trump’s rally for Republican Senate candidate J.D. Vance. But they were far more likely to be watching an Ohio State football game rather than anything political.

The fumbling schedule for the rally was very unfortunately held the same time as an Ohio State game against the University of Toledo. (The Buckeyes won 77-21). That happened because Trump and Vance “apparently don’t know how Ohio works,” Mediaite quipped last week. The Columbus Dispatch reported last week that a record-breaking 10.5 million viewers tuned in to Ohio State’s game against the University of Notre Dame earlier this month.

edited September 2022
    Oops

Ohioans were glued to their TV screens Saturday night during Donald Trump’s rally for Republican Senate candidate J.D. Vance. But they were far more likely to be watching an Ohio State football game rather than anything political.

The fumbling schedule for the rally was very unfortunately held the same time as an Ohio State game against the University of Toledo. (The Buckeyes won 77-21). That happened because Trump and Vance “apparently don’t know how Ohio works,” Mediaite quipped last week. The Columbus Dispatch reported last week that a record-breaking 10.5 million viewers tuned in to Ohio State’s game against the University of Notre Dame earlier this month.

chosen venue only had a 7k capacity for concerts listed.

so, fucksticks emails didnt stop. was invited to attend a Michigan rally. there is no opt out. I did sign up , briefly, to do a survey and get text messages.

the email address I gave was gofuckyourself@truthmail.com.

took 2 surveys then made his emails spam......

AP source: Meadows complies with Justice Dept. subpoena
    By ERIC TUCKER
    15 Sep 2022

WASHINGTON (AP) — Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff under former President Donald Trump, has complied with a Justice Department subpoena and turned over records as part of a federal investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021 assault on the Capitol and efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, a person familiar the matter said Thursday.

The records produced by Meadows are the same ones he earlier provided to a House committee conducting a similar investigation, according to the person, who spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing Justice Department probe.

The subpoena to Meadows, first reported by CNN, makes clear that Justice Department officials are seeking information from the most senior of Trump's White House advisers as they examine wide-ranging efforts to overturn the results of the election won by Democrat Joe Biden.

The department, whose work at times has mirrored or overlapped with that of the committee, this month served a broad wave of grand jury subpoenas and search warrants to Trump allies.

Meadows has been a pivotal figure in the House investigation, his name invoked repeatedly in testimony by other Trump advisers, including by his own top aide. He had provided the committee with thousands of text messages, including communications with outside Trump allies and advisers.

In a filing in April in a federal lawsuit over his House subpoena, a lawyer for Meadows accused the committee of trying to vilify him publicly, noting that all of the texts it had been provided had been disclosed to the news media. The committee declined at the time to respond to the accusation.

Meadows did not provide to the committee records he believed were subject to claims of executive privilege and those documents were also not produced to the Justice Department.

___

Follow Eric Tucker on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/etuckerAP

___

Follow the AP’s coverage of Jan. 6 at https://apnews.com/hub/capitol-siege

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

3 emails today. all in the past 3 hours....
    I have a feeling most of the attendees of these things travel across the country to see him every week. Like it's probably filled with most of the same qanon people and then he struggles to fill the rest of the place with local loonies. 

This one on Saturday was even weirder as they played some qanon song while he was giving a portion of his speech. And the crowd all held up the number 1 sign with their finger as the song played. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.