Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    It freaks me out that the orange haired man is still a thing.  What country is this?  Where am I?  What is this place?
    And you may ask yourself... why such a large suit...

and you may ask yourself....

why such a long tie?
    And you may tell yourself... can this suit be taken in a bit?

and you may find yourself in jacket thats too long....
    Haha... nice. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,485
    I hope they haul Steve Bannon in...and anyone else refusing to testify to the Jan 6 committee.  

This is serious shit.
    100%

I'm floored at how lightly people are taking this. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    I hope they haul Steve Bannon in...and anyone else refusing to testify to the Jan 6 committee.  

This is serious shit.
    100%

because we've seen nearly zero consequences levied against anyone of significance. we're tired of hearing "the end is near" for the past 5 years. I don't personally expect anything significant to happen from this. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961

This is serious shit.
    100%

because we've seen nearly zero consequences levied against anyone of significance. we're tired of hearing "the end is near" for the past 5 years. I don't personally expect anything significant to happen from this. 
    the tRumpsters don't care and the rest of us are so numb from the last four years of bullshit we will probably let it happen again

James Carville was saying yesterday that tRump is in deep legal trouble and to give it some time.  We'll see.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

This is serious shit.
    100%

Samesies....I expect absolutely nothing to come of this other than some left wing hand wringing.  Surely if there was anything that was going to sink their party it would have happened by now.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    All they need to do is grow a set of balls and have the DOJ enforce the subpoenas or send these traitors to jail. That's the difference between now and the previous four years of Trump's DOJ...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The level at which the GOP is still covering for him is frightening.  Haley and Graham especially.  They make statements that make you think they came around and then totally kiss tRump's ass the next day.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

This is serious shit.
    100%

the tRumpsters don't care and the rest of us are so numb from the last four years of bullshit we will probably let it happen again

James Carville was saying yesterday that tRump is in deep legal trouble and to give it some time.  We'll see.
    yeah, he's been in deep legal trouble since he got elected. he lost the election a year ago. literally zero has happened. remember all those "mueller time" videos people wet their shorts over like 3 years ago? zilch. 

democrats keep saying "all in due course". he'll be in the white house, immune from prosecution before anything happens. or they'll fail to prosecute out of abundance of caution of violence in the country. and that's IF democrats or even bi-partisan authorities have the cojones to fucking do something about any of these assholes. they don't. they're soft. they've shown it time and again. everyone keeps mocking susan collins for her "he's learned his lesson" and "I'm concerned". every democrat in congress is susan collins. they just don't say it out loud. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

This is serious shit.
    100%

yeah, he's been in deep legal trouble since he got elected. he lost the election a year ago. literally zero has happened. remember all those "mueller time" videos people wet their shorts over like 3 years ago? zilch. 

democrats keep saying "all in due course". he'll be in the white house, immune from prosecution before anything happens. or they'll fail to prosecute out of abundance of caution of violence in the country. and that's IF democrats or even bi-partisan authorities have the cojones to fucking do something about any of these assholes. they don't. they're soft. they've shown it time and again. everyone keeps mocking susan collins for her "he's learned his lesson" and "I'm concerned". every democrat in congress is susan collins. they just don't say it out loud. 
    Yeah one thing the GOP is good at is creating massive amounts of outrage with fewer voices.  The Dems have many voices and can't do shit for some reason.  The loud blue collar crowd that used to be dems are now GOP

• Options
    How much of the inaction has to do with the other side getting worried that they might have someone going through their closets with a fine tooth comb when the scales of power tip the other way again?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    How much of the inaction has to do with the other side getting worried that they might have someone going through their closets with a fine tooth comb when the scales of power tip the other way again?
    You don't think the GOP would do that anyway?  They already accuse the dems of doing exactly what the GOP does.  The debt ceiling being the perfect example.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,485

I'm not floored by the inaction of our elected officials or the dysfunction in our government. 

I'm floored at the apathy of so many Americans towards the GOP embracing the MAGA movement, undermining our elections, January 6th etc etc.  
  • Options
    static111 said:
    You don't think the GOP would do that anyway?  They already accuse the dems of doing exactly what the GOP does.  The debt ceiling being the perfect example.

I'm sure they would, but there has to be some explanation for absolutely no repercussions for all these years.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

I'm sure they would, but there has to be some explanation for absolutely no repercussions for all these years.
    Right wing media bubble.  The distrust has been sewn deeply in the psyche.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272

I'm not floored by the inaction of our elected officials or the dysfunction in our government. 

I'm floored at the apathy of so many Americans towards the GOP embracing the MAGA movement, undermining our elections, January 6th etc etc.  
    It is astonishing to me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

yeah and they are ready to vote for tRump again.  It's insane.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,716
    The "and you may ask yourself" replies... :lol:

One more:  "And you may ask yourself, well, why is this man not in prison?!"
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    brianlux said:
    The "and you may ask yourself" replies... :lol:

One more:  "And you may ask yourself, well, why is this man not in prison?!"
    This one. 

:tongue:
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    And you may find yourself with a beautiful tan
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    And you may find yourself with a beautiful tan
    And you may ask yourself...why am I hiding that I got a colonoscopy?

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Right wing media bubble can't stop a functioning justice system from working...so either we don't have a functioning justice system, or Trump and Co are not guilty of any major offences...I'm leaning toward not having a working justice system.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Right wing media bubble can't stop a functioning justice system from working...so either we don't have a functioning justice system, or Trump and Co are not guilty of any major offences...I'm leaning toward not having a working justice system.
    I'm talking about reaction by the Republicans.  Regarding the justice system,  I don't see any evidence to this point,  that the justice system is either corrupt or bending to him.  In fact,  the state and federal courts did a great job throwing out his nonsensical legal arguments. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619

Yep. The quickest presidential historical revisionism has happened to the point where 4 years of Trump was all good except the “mean tweets”. They’re excited for DeSantis because he’s Trump without the tweets and presents better. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Yep. The quickest presidential historical revisionism has happened to the point where 4 years of Trump was all good except the “mean tweets”. They’re excited for DeSantis because he’s Trump without the tweets and presents better. 
    yeah and I'm hoping tRump drags out his 2024 announcement.  I don't think he will run but as long as he acts like he will (to keep raising money) he will have to trash DeSantis and Pence/Haley, etc. along the way.

and then those fuckers will be sorry they weren't trashing tRump right now...they are on record for saying they would vote for him again

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

I'm talking about reaction by the Republicans.  Regarding the justice system,  I don't see any evidence to this point,  that the justice system is either corrupt or bending to him.  In fact,  the state and federal courts did a great job throwing out his nonsensical legal arguments. 
    Yes they threw out his frivolous arguments, but I am speaking of the Mueller report findings, 1/6 etc...Very doubtful that he or any of his close associates will pay for anything.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Yes they threw out his frivolous arguments, but I am speaking of the Mueller report findings, 1/6 etc...Very doubtful that he or any of his close associates will pay for anything.
    I don't think we know enough about the Mueller report (at least I don't) because of hte white washing by his AG.  And yes, I think that's corrupt, but he is gone now.  As far as 1/6, I also don't think he is criminally culpable at this point.  I'm not sure what the charge would be yet.  Inciting a riot is possible but only after more information, depos, testimony comes out.  
  • Options
    This is a great legal argument here.  Executive privilege is locked in as a legal precedent, but one would think the privilege is to the executive, not the former executive.  Biden is currently the keeper of the records so if he chooses to waive privilege, I think it's his admins call.  The privilege is to the office, not the individual.  Should be interesting.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

I don't think we know enough about the Mueller report (at least I don't) because of hte white washing by his AG.  And yes, I think that's corrupt, but he is gone now.  As far as 1/6, I also don't think he is criminally culpable at this point.  I'm not sure what the charge would be yet.  Inciting a riot is possible but only after more information, depos, testimony comes out.  
    That's kind of what I'm getting at.  There is nothing that can be pinned on he and his circle per se, yet everyone gets up in arms about people's apathy to the situation.  Being outraged that he wasn't worse or stupid enough to get caught with the bag seems like a waste of time to me.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

That's kind of what I'm getting at.  There is nothing that can be pinned on he and his circle per se, yet everyone gets up in arms about people's apathy to the situation.  Being outraged that he wasn't worse or stupid enough to get caught with the bag seems like a waste of time to me.
    He's a criminal but I guess not a stupid one.  
This discussion has been closed.