Donald Trump

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Post ElPaso Walmart shoota-rama

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Yes, on some points.  But this isn't news.  Democrats can go to MSNBC to get their message out.  I'm not following the newsworthiness of this.  
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited October 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes, on some points.  But this isn't news.  Democrats can go to MSNBC to get their message out.  I'm not following the newsworthiness of this.  
    As usual, some forgotten scumbag trying to save face and rebuild their image long after the fact.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    mrussel1 said:
    True but MSNBC has been ripping on Biden pretty good recently related to Afghanistan, etc. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mrussel1 said:
    True but MSNBC has been ripping on Biden pretty good recently related to Afghanistan, etc. 

True, they are not total sycophants.  But hey, it's what the Fox fans want! 
    It's just amazing that tRump's own press secretary is tearing him up.  She also said that the thought of him running in 2024 terrified her because he wouldn't have to fear re-election and would just benefit himself and his family as much as possible.

Why that doesn't stick with tRumpsters just blows my mind.  Add her to the list of cabinet officials that have pretty much said the same thing and we have an unprecedented resistance against a candidate from their own insiders. 

It's just amazing that tRump's own press secretary is tearing him up.  She also said that the thought of him running in 2024 terrified her because he wouldn't have to fear re-election and would just benefit himself and his family as much as possible.

Why that doesn't stick with tRumpsters just blows my mind.  Add her to the list of cabinet officials that have pretty much said the same thing and we have an unprecedented resistance against a candidate from their own insiders. 
    "She's a RINO", that's why.  Probably a globalist commie as well, who like Amazon. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

because none of these cowards speaks up when it matters; while still in office, only when it's time to sell a book. when you think about how far trumpsters are indoctrinated, it's easy to see why they'd dismiss stuff like this so easily. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    i'm not buying a book from any of these former trump officials. especially fucking bolton. will also not be buying any books from journalists like woodward.

these people sit on this information until it is time to enrich themselves by selling books and i will have no part of any of it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited October 2021
    Imagine what his administration and cabinet would look like if he did actually win in '24? He started with the D team in '17 and ended with a bunch of bottom of the barrel yes men. Next time he'd be starting with folks who aren't even good enough be in the fucking barrel to begin with. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    i'm not buying a book from any of these former trump officials. especially fucking bolton. will also not be buying any books from journalists like woodward.

these people sit on this information until it is time to enrich themselves by selling books and i will have no part of any of it.
    Facts! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I bought Woodward's book....it's great.

Bob's books rule.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Imagine what his administration and cabinet would look like if he did actually win in '24? He started with the D team in '17 and ended with a bunch of bottom of the barrel yes men. Next time he'd be starting with folks who aren't even good enough be in the fucking barrel to begin with. 
    Davey Insurrectionist Crockett as Minister of Homeland Security
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    It all depends on what the different parole  and probation depts allow
    It all depends on what the different parole  and probation depts allow
    I'm sure they could count it towards work release or community service.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    That's because he took a pay cut and was working for the people last year! What a patriot. /s
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    well, he's got more money than any of us, so i guess that is one thing he has going for him.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited October 2021
    He still out there hypnotizin' the idiots, yo.  This is a long look, but it was a week ago and nobody seems to give a shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSPoayZ1eSc
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    ikiT said:
    He still out there hypnotizin' the idiots, yo.  This is a long look, but it was a week ago and nobody seems to give a shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSPoayZ1eSc

He's still in a bigly influential role of who's running. The upcoming bootlicking will be entertaining. Here's Nikki Haley recently:

'Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said Tuesday the GOP
    needs former President Donald Trump and that she would consult him before launching a 2024 presidential run.

The former governor of South Carolina will appear at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, and called the 45th president a friend who serves an invaluable role in the GOP.

"He has a strong legacy from his administration," Haley said. "He has the ability to get strong people elected, and he has the ability to move the ball — and I hope that he continues to do that. We need him in the Republican Party. I don't want us to go back to the days before Trump.

Haley, 49, said in April that she would not run for president in 2024 if Trump did so.

However, that sentiment seemed "slightly less absolute" on Tuesday.

"In the beginning of 2023, should I decide that there's a place for me, should I decide that there's a reason to move, I would pick up the phone and meet with the president," she said, according to the Wall Street Journal. "I would talk to him and see what his plans are. I would tell him about my plans. We would work on it together."'

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

Report details Trump's all-out bid to undo election results
    By MARY CLARE JALONICK, ERIC TUCKER and COLLEEN LONG
    Yesterday

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump’s extraordinary effort to overturn his 2020 election defeat brought the Justice Department to the brink of chaos, and prompted top officials there and at the White House to threaten to resign, a Senate Judiciary Committee report found.

The report released Thursday by the Democratic-run committee offers new insight into how the Republican incumbent tried to undo the vote and exert his will on the department, asking leaders to declare the election “corrupt" and disparaging its top official for not doing anything to overturn the results. Trump's actions led to a near-revolt at department headquarters that receded only after senior officials warned of a mass resignation, with one White House lawyer describing efforts to undo the election as a “murder-suicide pact.”

“In attempting to enlist DOJ for personal, political purposes in an effort to maintain his hold on the White House, Trump grossly abused the power of the presidency” and arguably violated a federal law that prevents anyone from commanding federal employees to engage in political activity, the report says.

While the broad outlines of what took place after the Nov. 3 election have long been known, the Senate investigation based on a review of documents and interviews with former officials lays bare the extent of Trump's all-out campaign to remain in the White House. It shows how Trump benefited from the support of a little-known Justice Department lawyer who championed the then-president's efforts to challenge the vote but how, in the end, other senior officials stood together to face down Trump. The outcome suggests how reliant the fragile U.S. election system is on the integrity of government officials.

Trump's effort, now the subject of a Justice Department inspector general investigation, did not succeed and Biden took office on Jan. 20. Even so, the false claims over the election have fractured the nation, with millions of Americans wrongly believing the contest was stolen.

Rage about the election compelled a mass of Trump supporters to violently storm the Capitol on Jan. 6 in an effort to disrupt the congressional certification of Biden’s victory. The rioters beat and bloodied an overwhelmed police force, sent lawmakers running for their lives and caused $1 million in damage. More than 630 people have been charged criminally in the riot, the largest prosecution in Justice Department history.

Republicans, who have mostly stayed loyal to Trump since the insurrection, issued their own report that downplays the concerns raised by Democrats and paints Trump as a hero who ignored the suggestions from the lawyer, Jeffrey Clark, and who refused to fire top Justice Department officials.

Their rebuttal makes the astonishing claim that Trump was concerned about the election system writ large and not about himself, even though he was publicly fighting to stay in office and pressured Vice President Mike Pence to help him.

The Democrats' report chronicles Trump's relentless prodding of the Justice Department during a turbulent stretch in December and early January to investigate suspected voter fraud and to support his efforts to undo the results. Trump had laid the groundwork for that effort even before the election when he attacked the vote-by-mail process.

But he escalated it significantly after Election Day and particularly after the December resignation of Attorney General William Barr, who weeks before he left the Justice Department told The Associated Press that the department had not found fraud that could affect the outcome of the election.

In this Dec. 21, 2020, file photo, Attorney General William Barr speaks during a news conference at the Justice Department in Washington. (Michael Reynolds/Pool via AP)

In one White House meeting recounted for Senate investigators, Jeffrey Rosen, who served as Barr's deputy and briefly led the department after Barr left, described how Trump, in an effort to initiate a department inquiry, showed videos of “somebody delivering a suitcase of ballots."

Rosen said he recalled saying to Trump, “I really want to suggest to you, sir, respectfully, that it would be a better thing for everyone to use this last month to focus on some of the things that had been accomplished in the last four years, a — tax reform and the vaccine, Operation Warp Speed, and not go into this ‘the election was corrupt.’”

The pressure campaign by Trump and his allies included a draft brief the White House wanted the Justice Department to file with the Supreme Court to overturn the election results. The department refused to file the document, which the Senate report describes as raising a “litany of false and debunked claims.”

The conflict culminated in a contentious, hourslong meeting at the White House on Jan. 3 in which Trump openly considered replacing Rosen as acting attorney general with Clark, an assistant attorney general. The Democrats' report says Trump told Rosen: "One thing we know is you, Rosen, aren’t going to do anything to overturn the election.”

Clark had positioned himself as more sympathetic to pursuing Trump’s fraud claims even though the results were certified by states and Republican election officials. Courts rejected dozens of legal challenges to the election and Barr, Trump's own attorney general, had said Biden won fairly.

Clark declined to be interviewed voluntarily by the committee. His lawyer declined to comment Thursday. The committee said it was submitting a complaint to the District of Columbia Bar to assess whether discipline is warranted.

Several officials in the Jan. 3 meeting told Trump they would resign if he put Clark in charge at the Justice Department. According to witnesses interviewed by the Senate committee's majority staff, White House counsel Pat Cipollone referred to a draft letter from Clark pushing Georgia officials to convene a special legislative session on the election results as a “murder-suicide pact.” Cipollone threatened to quit.

continues..

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    It freaks me out that the orange haired man is still a thing.  What country is this?  Where am I?  What is this place?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    It freaks me out that the orange haired man is still a thing.  What country is this?  Where am I?  What is this place?
    And you may ask yourself... why such a large suit...
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

and you may ask yourself....

why such a long tie?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    edited October 2021
    These are not my tiny hands, this is not my big White House
    This weekend we rock Portland
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

why such a long tie?
    And you may tell yourself... can this suit be taken in a bit?
    edited October 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

why such a long tie?
    And you may tell yourself... can this suit be taken in a bit?

and you may find yourself in jacket thats too long....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

I hope they haul Steve Bannon in...and anyone else refusing to testify to the Jan 6 committee.  

This is serious shit.

This discussion has been closed.