Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,789
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    How the hell is it that the Trump fans got away with harassing the Biden campaign in Texas the way they did?  What aren't each of the drivers of those Trump trucks in jail?  Unbelievable.
    Because A. Its texas  and B. The local and state law enforcement agencies support the orange racist.

Well, I guess all I can say is, "Fuck Texas".  And I know we have a few member here from that state, but this happened near Austin and if even Austin is that messed up then, sorry folks, fuck Texas.
    Except McConaughey. That dude is awesome. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    brianlux said:
    How the hell is it that the Trump fans got away with harassing the Biden campaign in Texas the way they did?  What aren't each of the drivers of those Trump trucks in jail?  Unbelievable.
    Because A. Its texas  and B. The local and state law enforcement agencies support the orange racist.
    Sadly, I think it’s more B.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Well, I guess all I can say is, "Fuck Texas".  And I know we have a few member here from that state, but this happened near Austin and if even Austin is that messed up then, sorry folks, fuck Texas.
    Judging all of Texas from these people is like judging all of California for the hillbillies outside Lancaster 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,751
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Except McConaughey. That dude is awesome. 

I like a lot of his work but a few nights ago I started watching "The Gentlemen" and turned it off half way through.  One of the most depressing movies I've ever sen.  Absolutely no redeemable characters.  Why does he bother with this kind of thing?  Money?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,187
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Judging all of Texas from these people is like judging all of California for the hillbillies outside Lancaster 
    Judging someone by the state they are from is no different than judging someone by the color of their skin. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,421
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,645
    igotid88 said:
    Good.  I saw this case earlier.  Was concerned. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    igotid88 said:
    That is a huge victory.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    edited November 2020
    Is there more to that Trump caravan than what was in the video. Going from that video it’s a little extreme to say t he y were ambushed, attempted to run the bus off the road, should be in jail, etc. 
    I saw no lane changes, no changing of speed, zero indication they were violating any traffic laws. 
    That being said, sure Trump shouldn’t applaud them on Twitter. But what exactly did they do that was illegal, fly a Trump flag?
    Photoshop the Trump flag for Biden flags and everyone would be saying “wow look at the support for Biden in Texas!”
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Is there more to that Trump caravan than what was in the video. Going from that video it’s a little extreme to say t he y were ambushed, attempted to run the bus off the road, should be in jail, etc. 
    I saw no lane changes, no changing of speed, zero indication they were violating any traffic laws. 
    That being said, sure Trump shouldn’t applaud them on Twitter. But what exactly did they do that was illegal, fly a Trump flag?
    Photoshop the Trump flag for Biden flags and everyone would be saying “wow look at the support for Biden in Texas!”
    I was thinking that too.  Maybe there is more video of the “ambush”?  It’s similarly blown out of proportion as saying “Seattle has fallen” lol.  I’ve seen more right wing chaos than this in California, Oregon, and Washington, so fuck California, Oregon, and Washington I guess...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,751
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    I was thinking that too.  Maybe there is more video of the “ambush”?  It’s similarly blown out of proportion as saying “Seattle has fallen” lol.  I’ve seen more right wing chaos than this in California, Oregon, and Washington, so fuck California, Oregon, and Washington I guess...
    So you didn’t see the pick up truck drive into the lane of the white smaller truck? And do you think this kind of behavior is ok! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,835
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    So you didn’t see the pick up truck drive into the lane of the white smaller truck? And do you think this kind of behavior is ok! 
    I didn’t see that. I was watching the bus since the article says it was the bus they try to ram off the road. Watched it again and can see 3 white trucks. All 3 had Trump flags and none got cut off. But even if that happened, how is that attempting to run the Biden bus off the road as the article says?
    Would I encourage this? No. But I also see nothing wrong with it. I’d recommend just following staying behind merely for this reason, so that people don’t say you ran the bus off the road when that clearly didn’t happen. At least not in the video referenced, which is why I asked if there was more.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    I didn’t see that. I was watching the bus since the article says it was the bus they try to ram off the road. Watched it again and can see 3 white trucks. All 3 had Trump flags and none got cut off. But even if that happened, how is that attempting to run the Biden bus off the road as the article says?
    Would I encourage this? No. But I also see nothing wrong with it. I’d recommend just following staying behind merely for this reason, so that people don’t say you ran the bus off the road when that clearly didn’t happen. At least not in the video referenced, which is why I asked if there was more.
    The trump truck intentionally rammed the white one.  While the harassment may not be illegal,  i would disagree that there's "nothing wrong with it". It was clearly intended to be intimidating. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    I didn’t see that...did that happen?  And please point out where I said anything about it being okay to ram anyone?  Maybe tone down the sativa a bit?  Did you even read what I typed?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    The pick up truck directly behind the bus attempts to go to his left and hit the car there not sure how you can’t see that oh well nothing left for me to say that I haven’t already said about the deplorable’s ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    They rammed a vehicle and caused damage intentionally. Were coordinating their driving to mess with and slow down traffic.  Pretty sure both of those things are illegal.  I mean if you think there’s nothing wrong there then hey vote Trump because any number of Biden supporters have done the same thing....
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    They rammed a vehicle and caused damage intentionally. Were coordinating their driving to mess with and slow down traffic.  Pretty sure both of those things are illegal.  I mean if you think there’s nothing wrong there then hey vote Trump because any number of Biden supporters have done the same thing....
    Illegal protest huh?  You don’t say?  Funny how that works.  I, for one, do not give a pass for any kind of violent or illegal protests.  Because they only lead to more violent and illegal protests.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    The trump truck intentionally rammed the white one.  While the harassment may not be illegal,  i would disagree that there's "nothing wrong with it". It was clearly intended to be intimidating. 
    I didn’t see a truck ram another truck. That is definitely illegal, not sure why you think it isn’t if that is what you saw? I hope you don’t drive if you think that it is legal to intentionally ram someone.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    I didn’t see that. If that did happen then that is definitely wrong and I take back my comments. But I just don’t see it in the video. Maybe if I saw it on a bigger screen than my phone.
    Still a misleading article in that no one rammed the bus off the road.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    I didn’t see that. If that did happen then that is definitely wrong and I take back my comments. But I just don’t see it in the video. Maybe if I saw it on a bigger screen than my phone.
    Still a misleading article in that no one rammed the bus off the road.
    https://youtu.be/2B30zHE7DJ0
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    The pick up truck directly behind the bus attempts to go to his left and hit the car there not sure how you can’t see that oh well nothing left for me to say that I haven’t already said about the deplorable’s ..
    I guess there’s another video than the one posted in the article.  Because the one in the video posted there isn’t a pick up truck directly behind the bus, it’s an SUV (maybe a Suberban?) and the bus is in the left lane, so is any car directly behind the bus, they couldn’t go left and there couldn’t be any car to the left unless that car was wrecklessly driving in the shoulder.
    So if all that happened, yes that’s horrible and yes they should be arrested. Didn’t happen in the video I saw though, which made the article seem false.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    mcgruff10 said:
    igotid88 said:
    That is a huge victory.  
    can't this be appealed to federal court somehow?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,554

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    I didn’t see a truck ram another truck. That is definitely illegal, not sure why you think it isn’t if that is what you saw? I hope you don’t drive if you think that it is legal to intentionally ram someone.
    I said the harassment isn't illegal, I didn't take a stand on the accident. You didn't read closely. Here is the video.  Look at the black truck directly behind the bus.  It appears he rams the other vehicle.  

• Options
    one party wants votes counted. one party wants votes thrown out.

fuck the party that wants votes thrown out.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    i saw a bunch of these trump truck douchebags driving south on highway 270 today. probably 50 of them driving 10 mph below the speed limit in the middle lane of the highway. they were honking their horns and had their hazards lights on, like a kind of stupid person funeral procession.

a little while later on a road near my subdivision there was one driving towards me in a jeep. huge american flag in the middle and a trump flag on either side of the american flag. since i drive a jeep he waved at me. i flipped him off.

This discussion has been closed.