• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320

Classic she looks so royally! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    ...on the other hand...

October Surprise?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    OnWis97 said:
    ...on the other hand...

October Surprise?
    no
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    pjhawks said:
    I am conflicted.  My humanity would never allow me to feel positive about someone getting sick especially with something that could kill them.  That being said  hard not to think that Karma is winning today.  

And let's stop with the conspiracy theories. that's for their side. let's be better
    Well, that didn't take long. Let's remember which side creates, propagates and believes in conspiracy theories and knows the difference between them and reality.

A former GOP congressional candidate in California has claimed that the Democrats deliberately infected President Donald Trump with COVID when the microphone and podium were set up for the president at Tuesday's presidential debate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-gop-congressional-candidate-suggests-trump-was-deliberately-infected-with-covid-at-debate/ar-BB19DWQ7?ocid=msedgdhp
    So the team of Secret Service that were on hand the entire time of setup are also presumed to be Dems...These people are nuts
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:

Ughh all C19 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Someday they are going to make a documentary about our time... and 80,000 hours wont be enough
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Someday they are going to make a documentary about our time... and 80,000 hours wont be enough

I think there are going to be some amazing books, deathbed confessions, interviews, tweets, etc. some day.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,406
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I think there are going to be some amazing books, deathbed confessions, interviews, tweets, etc. some day.
    John Meacham is just twitching to start writing about these clowns. 
  • Options
    g under p said:
    dignin said:
    Trump is positive for coronavirus.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA. This is not a laughing matter, its unfortunate he and his staff have ignored all safety measures needed to avoid this virus. I hope they all can recover without longterm complications  because this virus is no joke.

Keep in mind I can't stand this president, however he is the president  of this country and we still need him to be as healthy as possible till he's completely voted out of office.

Peace
    disagree. it's a laughing matter because of the irony alone; of how this shitbag has downplayed it and caused the deaths of literally thousands of people. 

i don't wish death on anyone. but i wouldn't mourn him either. 
    Thats how i feel and im english.  I guess some U.S. folk may be more colourful
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Best political historian alive! 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    holy hell october has already been a long month!

i hate trump's guts. i do not want him to die, or even become significantly ill. i want him to see the error of his ways and try to be a better person and a better leader going forward.

i want him out of office and out of power, but not like this. we all have to vote!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866

i hate trump's guts. i do not want him to die, or even become significantly ill. i want him to see the error of his ways and try to be a better person and a better leader going forward.

i want him out of office and out of power, but not like this. we all have to vote!
    100%
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,694
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Best "pop" historian alive.  He's very good at writing accessible history.  I prefer Doris Kearns Goodwin though.  She's an amazing writer.  Her bios on the Roosevelts are so great.  Lincoln's Cabinet too. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Best "pop" historian alive.  He's very good at writing accessible history.  I prefer Doris Kearns Goodwin though.  She's an amazing writer.  Her bios on the Roosevelts are so great.  Lincoln's Cabinet too. 
    Agreed but for these times he’s right there! 
  • Options

Agreed but he’s not going to be a better leader or better person that ship sailed years ago! 
  • Options

Agreed but he’s not going to be a better leader or better person that ship sailed years ago! 
    you are right. but that does not mean i can't want that for him, and for us as a country.

it would be easy for me to wish him ill because of all of the death and harm he has caused and all of the damage he has done. it is harder to wish him well even though i hate him and his entire family. it is a test of my ability to be compassionate i suppose.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

hey now, she's still alive.  Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot.  He does catch some grief for his Jackson bio.  I think rightly so, as it was closer to fawning than critical of his positions on slavery and Indian Removal, which were generally abhorrent. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    watch he and the republicans will now try to delay the election since he can't campaign for at least 2 weeks.
  • Options

74-year-old narcissists don't change. That said, maybe this can be a wake up call for all the people not taking it seriously enough. 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

74-year-old narcissists don't change. That said, maybe this can be a wake up call for all the people not taking it seriously enough. 
    you are right about the old narcissists.

i think if he does get really sick and end up on a ventilator or something it may make a dent, but the majority of his base do not believe that covid can be that serious.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    One thing is for sure, Barron is perfectly safe.  He hasn't seen his parents in years!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Trump quote from his rally in MN, speaking about the suburbs and Fair Housing Rule.  Is this racist?  I can't really tell. 

“By the way, just so we can get this straight, 30 percent of the people in the suburbs are low-income people. Thirty percent of the people in the suburbs are minorities. And so we’re ruining this American dream for everybody,” Trump said.

"They zone you out, they build low-income housing next to your house," Trump continued. "And then I hear I'm not doing well in the suburbs. I'm not doing well in the suburbs — are you people crazy?"

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Trump quote from his rally in MN, speaking about the suburbs and Fair Housing Rule.  Is this racist?  I can't really tell. 

“By the way, just so we can get this straight, 30 percent of the people in the suburbs are low-income people. Thirty percent of the people in the suburbs are minorities. And so we’re ruining this American dream for everybody,” Trump said.

"They zone you out, they build low-income housing next to your house," Trump continued. "And then I hear I'm not doing well in the suburbs. I'm not doing well in the suburbs — are you people crazy?"

I'd say yes, if you hear the dog whistle and know some of the history. BOA, Wells Fargo and others have been guilty of some of what Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden proposes to fix. Someone asked how Mike benefits from being a white male in relation to his post to social media. See below for a partial explanation.

Communities of color are disproportionately impacted by the failures in our housing markets, with homeownership rates for Black and Latino individuals falling far below the rate for white individuals. Because home ownership is how many families save and build wealth, these racial disparities in home ownership contribute to the racial wealth gap. It is far past time to put an end to systemic housing discrimination and other contributors to this disparity. 

As President, Joe Biden will invest $640 billion over 10 years so every American has access to housing that is affordable, stable, safe and healthy, accessible, energy efficient and resilient, and located near good schools and with a reasonable commute to their jobs. Biden will do this by:

• Ending redlining and other discriminatory and unfair practices in the housing market.
    • Providing financial assistance to help hard-working Americans buy or rent safe, quality housing, including down payment assistance through a refundable and advanceable tax credit and fully funding federal rental assistance.
    • Increasing the supply, lowering the cost, and improving the quality of housing, including through investments in resilience, energy efficiency, and accessibility of homes.
    • Pursuing a comprehensive approach to ending homelessness.
    • Housing is an essential part of Biden’s broader strategy to grow strong, healthy communities in every zip code – from his plan to rebuild our nation’s infrastructure and revitalize local economies to his plan to invest in our public schools.END REDLINING AND OTHER DISCRIMINATORY AND UNFAIR PRACTICES IN THE HOUSING MARKET
      • Protect homeowners and renters from abusive lenders and landlords through a new Homeowner and Renter Bill of Rights. Modeled on the California Homeowner Bill of Rights, Biden will enact legislation to end many shortcomings in the mortgage and rental markets. This new Bill of Rights will prevent mortgage brokers from leading borrowers into loans that cost more than appropriate, prevent mortgage servicers from advancing a foreclosure when the homeowner is in the process of receiving a loan modification, give homeowners a private right of action to seek financial redress from mortgage lenders and servicers that violate these protections, and give borrowers the right to a timely notification on the status of their loan modifications and to be able to appeal modification denials. Building on the Obama-Biden Administration’s Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act, the Bill of Rights will also expand protections for renters. For example, the Bill of Rights will include a law prohibiting landlords from discriminating against renters receiving federal housing benefits.
      • Protect tenants from eviction. Housing evictions can have devastating consequences for families and often stem from relatively small shortfalls in rent. As a former public defender, Biden appreciates the difference legal representation can make for those facing eviction. As President, he will work to enact Majority Whip James E. Clyburn and Senator Michael Bennet’s Legal Assistance to Prevent Evictions Act of 2020, which will help tenants facing eviction access legal assistance. He also will encourage localities to create eviction diversion programs, including mediation, payment plans, and financial literacy education programs.
      • Eliminate local and state housing regulations that perpetuate discrimination. Exclusionary zoning has for decades been strategically used to keep people of color and low-income families out of certain communities. As President, Biden will enact legislation requiring any state receiving federal dollars through the Community Development Block Grants or Surface Transportation Block Grants to develop a strategy for inclusionary zoning, as proposed in the HOME Act of 2019 by Majority Whip Clyburn and Senator Cory Booker. Biden will also invest $300 million in Local Housing Policy Grants to give states and localities the technical assistance and planning support they need to eliminate exclusionary zoning policies and other local regulations that contribute to sprawl.
      • Hold financial institutions accountable for discriminatory practices in the housing market. The Obama-Biden Administration held major national financial institutions accountable for discriminatory lending practices, securing hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements to help borrowers who had been harmed by their practices. And in 2013, the Obama-Biden Administration codified a long-standing, court-supported view that lending practices that have a discriminatory effect can be challenged even if discrimination was not explicit. But now the Trump Administration is seeking to gut this disparate impact standard by significantly increasing the burden of proof for those claiming discrimination. In the Biden Administration, this change will be reversed to ensure financial institutions are held accountable for serving all customers.
      • Strengthen and expand the Community Reinvestment Act to ensure that our nation’s bank and non-bank financial services institutions are serving all communities. The Community Reinvestment Act currently regulates banks, but does little to ensure that “fintechs” and non-bank lenders are providing responsible access to all members of the community. On top of that gap, the Trump Administration is proposing to weaken the law by allowing lenders to receive a passing rating even if the lenders are excluding many neighborhoods and borrowers. Biden will expand the Community Reinvestment Act to apply to mortgage and insurance companies, to add a requirement for financial services institutions to provide a statement outlining their commitment to the public interest, and, importantly, to close loopholes that would allow these institutions to avoid lending and investing in all of the communities they serve
      • Roll back Trump Administration policies gutting fair lending and fair housing protections for homeowners. Biden will implement the Obama-Biden Administration’s Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Rule requiring communities receiving certain federal funding to proactively examine housing patterns and identify and address policies that have a discriminatory effect. The Trump Administration suspended this rule in 2018. Biden will ensure effective and rigorous enforcement of the Fair Housing Act and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act. And, he will reinstate the federal risk-sharing program which has helped secure financing for thousands of affordable rental housing units in partnership with housing finance agencies.
      • Restore the federal government’s power to enforce settlements against discriminatory lenders. The Trump Administration has stripped the Office of Fair Lending and Equal Opportunity, a division of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, of its power to enforce settlements against lenders found to have discriminated against borrowers – for example by charging significantly higher interest rates for people of color than white individuals. Biden will return power to the division so it can protect consumers from discrimination.
      • Tackle racial bias that leads to homes in communities of color being assessed by appraisers below their fair value. Housing in communities primarily comprised of people of color is valued at tens of thousands of dollars below majority-white communities even when all other factors are the same, contributing to the racial wealth gap. To counteract this racial bias, Biden will establish a national standard for housing appraisals that ensures appraisers have adequate training and a full appreciation for neighborhoods and do not hold implicit biases because of a lack of community understanding. An objective national standard for appraisals will also make it harder for financial institutions to put pressure on appraisers to their benefit. 

https://joebiden.com/housing/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    his voters are more worried about BLM showing up and protesting on their cul de sac than they are about the root cause of the protests, police brutality.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,256
    mrussel1 said:

His dog whistles have been very loud in his past 2 visits to MN. He's really going for that rural voter here. Kind of a waste of breath because he already has it. Not sure why he spent so much time in Duluth talking about Omar and the suburbs. None of those people up there vote in those districts. As usual, just stirring up more racism in the rural areas because he knows he would get booed and protested in the metro area.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:

I still don't know what's in his heart, so I really can't say.

Pffffffft.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,406
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

hey now, she's still alive.  Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot.  He does catch some grief for his Jackson bio.  I think rightly so, as it was closer to fawning than critical of his positions on slavery and Indian Removal, which were generally abhorrent. 
    I’ll agree on the Jackson bio. Goodwin is a great writer, although I found her recent book, Leadership in Turbulent Times, to be meh. Team of Rivals though should be required reading.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,526
    mrussel1 said:

Was that the same rally where he praised the crowd for having good genes? 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I’ll agree on the Jackson bio. Goodwin is a great writer, although I found her recent book, Leadership in Turbulent Times, to be meh. Team of Rivals though should be required reading.
    No Ordinary Time as well.  Amazing.  I did not read her recent book though.  I've been sucked into Bernard Cornwell and his Dark Ages historical fiction.  
This discussion has been closed.