Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    No big deal just like the last tape they had on him this won’t even move the needle one bit! It’s bathroom talk you know that lol the most evil bastard to ever occupy the WH ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    Will it matter to his 40%?  Unfortunately I doubt it...
    Who cares about them? It's the other 5% who seem to be on board with him every now and then who matters. 

ALL polling says Covid is far and away the biggest issue right now. Here we have ON TAPE Trump admitting he downplayed the fucking thing. 

Game over. 
    overheard in 2016: "here we have ON TAPE trump admitting he sexually assaults women. game over". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,739
    Who cares about them? It's the other 5% who seem to be on board with him every now and then who matters. 

ALL polling says Covid is far and away the biggest issue right now. Here we have ON TAPE Trump admitting he downplayed the fucking thing. 

Game over. 
    overheard in 2016: "here we have ON TAPE trump admitting he sexually assaults women. game over". 
    As I said on the other thread, this is an issue that affects everyone.  He willingly and knowingly played it down.  This is different than military injured or him assaulting a woman.  I think this one knocks a few points off his numbers again.  Give it a week or two to get into the national consciousness. 
  • Options
    "Felony stupid."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Anyone have a link to the audio of these tapes? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    Cnn.com. I think they’re everywhere 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,837
    mrussel1 said:

Game over. 
    As I said on the other thread, this is an issue that affects everyone.  He willingly and knowingly played it down.  This is different than military injured or him assaulting a woman.  I think this one knocks a few points off his numbers again.  Give it a week or two to get into the national consciousness. 
    I'm nervous that this just gets his base and his corners of the media digging all in on the low percentage of deaths. Already today I've sen "pollution kills more people than Covid" (from someone who I doubt supports environmentally friendly policies) and "well, it never WAS a big deal, anyway." 

The focus is going to be "99.5% survival, so it's time to chuck all regulations and social awareness."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Game over. 
    Exactly. There is no issue Americans care more about. The overwhelming majority already think he’s doing a bad job on it. It’s the reason he’s losing. This is huge, folks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Game over. 
    yeah, and he can easily deflect that with "a real leader doesn't stoke the fears of the general public". the populace has an attention span of a fucking gnat these days. it won't matter that he said it will go away. it won't matter that he mocked wearing masks. every single time everyone (myself included) has said "this is it! he can't recover from this one!" he does. his base doesn't care, and I don't know how much undecideds do either, frankly, with how little the needle has moved over time. 

as someone else said, in a normal country/time, he'd get zero votes. zero. he's a fucking plague on humanity. but as others have often always said, a whole lot of rural voters vote against their own best interests all the time. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Game over. 
    Exactly. There is no issue Americans care more about. The overwhelming majority already think he’s doing a bad job on it. It’s the reason he’s losing. This is huge, folks. 
    how is this the issue more americans care the most about? have you seen footage of people outside in your country? it seems to me the majority don't give a fuck. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,761
    edited September 2020
    Yeah it's here: https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/bob-woodward-rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

I don't think this is a big a deathnail in his presidency as you've made it out to be in your previous few posts....because it's not really new information. He's been minimizing the threat the entire time. He'll spin the audio as "not trying to cause a panic" being a positive thing (it's not, but that's how it'll be spun). And it's consistent with how he's been the entire time. "There's 15 cases, but it'll be down to zero next week." There's been millions of cases. "It will go away when the weather gets warm." It didn't. And various other examples of him minimizing it. I don't think this audio is any worse than those statements. Actually, it's better. Those statements were flat-out false and he sounded stupid saying them. Here, again from a spin-perspective, he could at least hang his red hat on not wanting to cause a panic. 

All that said, this will be used in ads against him and could hurt him. But I don't think it's any more "devestating" than the rest of his day-to-day bullshit being used in ads against him. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Yeah it's here: https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/bob-woodward-rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

I don't think this is a big a deathnail in his presidency as you've made it out to be in your previous few posts....because it's not really new information. He's been minimizing the threat the entire time. He'll spin the audio as "not trying to cause a panic" being a positive thing (it's not, but that's how it'll be spun). And it's consistent with how he's been the entire time. "There's 15 cases, but it'll be down to zero next week." There's been millions of cases. "It will go away when the weather gets warm." It didn't. And various other examples of him minimizing it. I don't think this audio is any worse than those statements. Actually, it's better. Those statements were flat-out false and he sounded stupid saying them. Here, again from a spin-perspective, he could at least hang his red hat on not wanting to cause a panic. 

All that said, this will be used in ads against him and could hurt him. But I don't think it's any more "devestating" than the rest of his day-to-day bullshit be used in ads against him. 
    When people look back at this race, they're gonna talk about this book and the tapes, in particular, as the pivotal moment. Just wait and see. I know they just came out, and I am speculating, but yeah, this is a pretty, pretty big deal, folks.

Looking forward to 60 Minutes on Sunday. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,227

All that said, this will be used in ads against him and could hurt him. But I don't think it's any more "devestating" than the rest of his day-to-day bullshit be used in ads against him. 
    When people look back at this race, they're gonna talk about this book and the tapes, in particular, as the pivotal moment. Just wait and see. I know they just came out, and I am speculating, but yeah, this is a pretty, pretty big deal, folks.

to be fair, i think future generations are going to look at the tape of him mocking the r,disabled reporter on the campaign in 2016 and wonder how the fuck he survived that moment. the rest just adds to the astonishment.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

to be fair, i think future generations are going to look at the tape of him mocking the r,disabled reporter on the campaign in 2016 and wonder how the fuck he survived that moment. the rest just adds to the astonishment.
    True. I'm specifically talking about the state of this campaign though. I think Biden's picking up momentum from this. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

True. I'm specifically talking about the state of this campaign though. I think Biden's picking up momentum from this. 
    as long as he can remain coherent on his campaign stops and during the debates....which is a big if. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

as long as he can remain coherent on his campaign stops and during the debates....which is a big if. 
    Debates will be huge, no doubt. One of the main differences between this year and 2016, other than Biden's steady lead and consistently sitting around 50% compared to HRC in the mid 40's, is how many people have already made up their minds though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020

I disagree. The polls turned the moment Covid started getting out of control, so that's the pivotal moment. That's before any tapes or books. The tapes and books might reinforce things, but Biden, despite not really doing anything, pulled ahead in the polls months ago as Trump floundered with his Covid response. 

And for Christ's sake, man, get back to being your old self. You're saying "folks" constantly like Biden does, you're looking forward to 60 Minutes on Sunday like someone Biden's age does. Lose "folks" and look forward to FOOTBALL on Sunday lol. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

I disagree. The polls turned the moment Covid started getting out of control. That's before any tapes or books. The tapes and books might reinforce things, but Biden, despite not really doing anything, pulled ahead in the polls months ago as Trump floundered with is Covid response. 

And for Christ's sake, man, get back to being your old self. You're saying "folks" constantly like Biden does, you're looking forward to 60 Minutes on Sunday like someone Biden's age does. Lose "folks" and look forward to FOOTBALL on Sunday lol. 
    Listen, folks, here's the deal. Number one, obviously Covid getting out of control changed things. But, look, we're less than 2 months to go. This is it. This is crunch time. Things were starting to tighten. This story is huge and it's timing could not be worse for Trump. 

Number two. Well, I don't want go get into that. But, number one, that's a big deal, folks!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I disagree. The polls turned the moment Covid started getting out of control. That's before any tapes or books. The tapes and books might reinforce things, but Biden, despite not really doing anything, pulled ahead in the polls months ago as Trump floundered with is Covid response. 

Listen, folks, here's the deal. Number one, obviously Covid getting out of control changed things. But, look, we're less than 2 months to go. This is it. This is crunch time. Things were starting to tighten. This story is huge and it's timing could not be worse for Trump. 

Number two. Well, I don't want go get into that. But, number one, that's a big deal, folks!
    “Come on, man!”

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,227

"you gotta look out for number one. but don't step in number two."

-thornton mellon
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    By the way, all kidding aside, I am a big proponent of the word, "folks." Use it all the time when speaking to married couples at work. Especially older ones. They love it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i also use "folks" in conversation all the time, addressing youngins, elders, and everyone in between. you can't be offended by being called a "folk"! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Yeah I’m just joking that Biden is rubbing off on you. I have no problem with “folks.” Very old-fashioned, in a good way. In fact, above when I said “for Christ’s sake,” I initially had typed “for crying out loud,” but changed it because that’s old-fashioned itself. Can’t poke fun for saying “folks” and looking forward to 60 Minutes and preface it with “for crying out loud.” Gee wiz would that have sounded silly. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Yeah I’m just joking that Biden is rubbing off on you. I have no problem with “folks.” Very old-fashioned, in a good way. In fact, above when I said “for Christ’s sake,” I initially had typed “for crying out loud,” but changed it because that’s old-fashioned itself. Can’t poke fun for saying “folks” and looking forward to 60 Minutes and preface it with “for crying out loud.” Gee wiz would that have sounded silly. 
    a woman at work says "for crying in the sink". had never heard it before, or since, from anyone else. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    a woman at work says "for crying in the sink". had never heard it before, or since, from anyone else. 
    lol, I've never heard that one.

Another one that I use, that I got from my mother, is "Holy Hannah" as a replacement for "holy shit." I've never heard anyone else say it.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Team Trump Treason holds a news conference to read the names of 20 judges he’s added to his list of Supreme Court nominees and challenges Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden to do the same. If I’m Sleepy Woke Joe I’d accept the challenge contingent upon Team Trump Treason releasing his tax returns, gives a DNA sample and sits for deposition.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Another one that I use, that I got from my mother, is "Holy Hannah" as a replacement for "holy shit." I've never heard anyone else say it.
    i've heard, and even said that one, a lot. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Ha. Had an ex gf use "Holy Hannah" all the time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i've heard, and even said that one, a lot. 
    Yeah I think it's pretty common, but other than my mother, I've never actually heard anyone use it.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    tRump is clearing going with the "don't cause panic" defense.  The problem is that he was openly chastising his own team when they were trying to sound the alarm.  

tRump is not your normal leader.  He will never admit fault and his denial of fault is why his people like him.

This will not budge his support.  Hopefully we see some effect among independents.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
This discussion has been closed.