Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    So looks like there is reporting that trump has let loose the secret police in Portland.   Can anyone from Portland verify this?   If so the guy has got to go before January.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    So looks like there is reporting that trump has let loose the secret police in Portland.   Can anyone from Portland verify this?   If so the guy has got to go before January.
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-accused-deploying-secret-police-portland-political-stunt-1518595
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Kat said:
    Yep it’s full in dictatorship and Barr is behind it all with the baffoon’s approvals, this is f’ed up! And GOP is totally complicit..

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited July 2020
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-accused-deploying-secret-police-portland-political-stunt-1518595

bad link disregard - I was trying to link a WaPo article about this, but it takes you to the home page.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,766
    Speechless. Just speechless. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

A co-worker told me he's voting for Trump again. He thinks the country is doing great then started complaining about Nancy Pelosi's fridge.

We're doomed.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    https://twitter.com/bradmossesq/status/1284076816504885250?s=21
    Yep land of the free alright fuck this we need to protest in masses to the WH, I’ll wear two masks if I have to but I’ll march no problem this nation can’t let this go on! Fuck I miss the hippie days when they protested the war 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    I don't know why Trump would even bother at this point. If the mayor of Portland wants to let rioters have bonfires in the middle of the street in the middle of the night, whatever, it's just Portland. I was critical of CHOP in Seattle, but in retrospect, might as well let these goons do what they want.

Some burning and whatnot over the past few days....

A good perspective from a black officer talking about dealing with the woke white losers of the "movement"

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    edited July 2020
    Way back in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing there was a member on here (who is still a member I believe) got all up in arms about the federal response.  He was all worked up about Marshall Law being imposed and then Obama's thugs coming to take peoples guns.
    So why hasn't  he spoken out about this atrocity.....

Trump Accused of Deploying 'Secret Police' in Portland as Political Stunt. https://www.newsweek.com/trump-accused-deploying-secret-police-portland-political-stunt-1518595
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    I posted a poll a while back asking whether people are concerned about impending authoritarianism. For the most part it was blown off.  I wonder if it would look different if I started it today.

FWIW, my gut reaction was "Un-regulated militia." 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    doomed is right...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Since they aren't making it apparent what legal entity they are with, we have no idea who they are and they should be arrested by legal entities with badges and ID for kidnapping. Where did they take the people they kidnapped?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2020
    Kat said:
    Since they aren't making it apparent what legal entity they are with, we have no idea who they are and they should be arrested by legal entities with badges and ID for kidnapping. Where did they take the people they kidnapped?
    That’s frightening, how does anyone know they are federal agents?  For all we know so far, they could be cartel, or some random paramilitary group from the woods...Regardless, I think that the FBI should be looking into this and people need to know how to respond if these guys come up on them.  We could very well be seeing rogue kidnappings here...frightening.  What was weird is that the guy being taken in the video almost appeared to know who they were and argued with them very little... Lots of questions here.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    That’s frightening, how does anyone know they are federal agents?  For all we know so far, they could be cartel, or some random paramilitary group from the woods...Regardless, I think that the FBI should be looking into this and people need to know how to respond if these guys come up on them.  We could very well be seeing rogue kidnappings here...frightening.  
    Yeah I thought the same thing. Probably not the case, but ya never know. I'm surprised Trump hasn't tweeted anything about this yet. If it was his doing, I figured he'd be puffing his chest out and saying he saved Portland from the liberals or something. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Strange to not have any sort of markings or patches to show who they are. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    That’s frightening, how does anyone know they are federal agents?  For all we know so far, they could be cartel, or some random paramilitary group from the woods...Regardless, I think that the FBI should be looking into this and people need to know how to respond if these guys come up on them.  We could very well be seeing rogue kidnappings here...frightening.  
    Yeah I thought the same thing. Probably not the case, but ya never know. I'm surprised Trump hasn't tweeted anything about this yet. If it was his doing, I figured he'd be puffing his chest out and saying he saved Portland from the liberals or something. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Strange to not have any sort of markings or patches to show who they are. 
    Exactly, I think it’s best not to assume anything about them and just keep asking questions.  I’m glad everyone has cameras these days.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,786
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    It’s very weird. So weird that it almost looks fake or staged. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    Well I wouldn't go that far yet. Like this video here. I doubt the person that's being taken away is in cahoots with the people taking him away. But I've been wrong before...

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,786
    edited July 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    Well I wouldn't go that far yet. Like this video here. I doubt the person that's being taken away is in cahoots with the people taking him away. But I've been wrong before...

Yea, I wasn’t suggesting it’s fake. Although I also wouldnt be surprised. It’s just so surreal to see that it looks fake 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

Yea, I wasn’t suggesting it’s fake. Although I also wouldnt be surprised. It’s just so surreal to see that it looks fake 
    Yeah I wouldn't be either. I'd like some confirmation that these were definitely Feds deployed by Trump so that we don't have to bother with conspiracy theories. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    nicknyr15 said:

Yeah I wouldn't be either. I'd like some confirmation that these were definitely Feds deployed by Trump so that we don't have to bother with conspiracy theories. 
    From what little I’ve seen, there are Feds dressed the same way “defending federal property”.  There are videos of them at the courthouse taking down a dude trying to hit them with a hammer, deploying teargas, etc.  Could very well be the same feds picking up the guy and putting him in the minivan...Maybe we will get more info on the situation.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:

From what little I’ve seen, there are Feds dressed the same way “defending federal property”.  There are videos of them at the courthouse taking down a dude trying to hit them with a hammer, deploying teargas, etc.  Could very well be the same feds picking up the guy and putting him in the minivan...Maybe we will get more info on the situation.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the Feds and not some bizarre militant group taking advantage of the situation in Portland. Would still like some confirmation though. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:

That is scary as fuck. The hell's going on here?? 

How is this not the top story on the news right now?  Or at least second behind....A GLOBAL PANDEMIC?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    that's fascism yo
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:

How is this not the top story on the news right now?  Or at least second behind....A GLOBAL PANDEMIC?
    Well it was the #1 trend on twitter before Gronk's Madden rating took it's place. 

There's been "protests" every night in Portland for the past month-and-a-half. And other than from some right-wing twitter users, there's been hardly anything mentioned about them. Even right now, there's nothing about these arrests on MSNBC, Fox News, or CNN's websites. Once they can confirm evil Trump sent them in, I'm sure they'll all be on it....with MSNBC and CNN calling him a fascist and Fox News saying he's restoring order. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    that's fascism yo

Careful now... you don't want anyone in America thinking you're against fascism.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:

Well it was the #1 trend on twitter before Gronk's Madden rating took it's place. 

There's been "protests" every night in Portland for the past month-and-a-half. And other than from some right-wing twitter users, there's been hardly anything mentioned about them. Even right now, there's nothing about these arrests on MSNBC, Fox News, or CNN's websites. Once they can confirm evil Trump sent them in, I'm sure they'll all be on it....with MSNBC and CNN calling him a fascist and Fox News saying he's restoring order. 
    MSNBC just had the local journalist who broke the story on. Apparently the reason it's not full blown yet is they haven't confirmed it on their end as of now...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Protecting American Communities Task Force (PACT) the newest law enforcement arm of Customs and Border Patrol.   Hmmmmmm Private Army Commanded by Trump(PACT) coincidence?
    Scio me nihil scire

This discussion has been closed.