Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,158
    It’s fucking infuriating to see people doing nothing but blame trump and then say China has no blame. Fuck that. China is to blame. Trump is to blame for the response here, but China is to blame. It’s not the first fucking time!
    Yep. But there are people that think if you blame China, you must be taking Trump’s side or defending him because he’s also blaming China. That’s so dumb. He’s deflecting the blame he deserves, which is typical of him. But you hit the nail on the head: China is to blame for the global pandemic, and Trump is to blame for not only the poor response here in the early stages, but for how he’s handling it now: lying/misleading, playing the states against each other, etc. 
    It’s definitely not an either or. Trump is trying to deflect blame...but it doesn’t mean that China has no blame.  He is defecting his terrible response which certainly China is not responsible for. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    nicknyr15 said:
    Cuomo is more of a national leader in all this than Trump is. 
    He’s been tremendous for sure. I’m sure he’s gained a lot of supporters so far.
    Gained one in me. Just another nameless/faceless governor to me before this. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,815
    mrussel1 said:
    It’s fucking infuriating to see people doing nothing but blame trump and then say China has no blame. Fuck that. China is to blame. Trump is to blame for the response here, but China is to blame. It’s not the first fucking time!
    This is great.  You're pissed and so are the US people.  So are we:
    1. Ready to rejoin the TPP to try to isolate China?
    2. Ready to buy back our bonds that the Chinese gov't holds by raising taxes, cutting defense and cutting entitlements?
    3. Ready to pay 2-3x more for our iphones, tvs, etc. as we remove manufacturing from China?

No, we're not?  Of course we're not.  So now we're just looking for a useless scapegoat. 
    Hahaha I love it when people give up so easily. Take care of yourself. 
    Give up?  No,  just analytical and logical.  But you can burn your emotion up if it feels good. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Maybe, just maybe, those same people can think both are to blame but one can act to save lives right now, instead of doing the opposite.

Also, America may want to lay off shitting all over the Chinese right now, they may be asking for their help soon enough.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Maybe, just maybe, those same people can think both are to blame but one can act to save lives right now, instead of doing the opposite.

Also, America may want to lay off shitting all over the Chinese right now, they may be asking for their help soon enough.
    Yes,  they control much of our medical supply chain and they're also getting back to work. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,932
    dignin said:

Isn’t that part of the problem? The whole world has to tip toe around China because they control so much vital goods. Is that not a form of bullying? Weren’t they just threatening withholding medicine from us ? When did the problems with China become a strictly right wing narrative? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Cuomo is more of a national leader in all this than Trump is. 
    He’s been tremendous for sure. I’m sure he’s gained a lot of supporters so far.
    Gained one in me. Just another nameless/faceless governor to me before this. 
    He’s grabbing the bull by the horns on this. It’s not an enviable position. 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:

Isn’t that part of the problem? The whole world has to tip toe around China because they control so much vital goods. Is that not a form of bullying? Weren’t they just threatening withholding medicine from us ? When did the problems with China become a strictly right wing narrative? 
    And ultimately the blame should be on everyone for selling everything up the river for $10 Jean's at WalMart. The US really doesnt like it huh? Then don't sell T notes to their fucking government and wait for them to say, "Ya know what, I wanna cash these in motherfuckers?"

Talk about not seeing the forest from the trees.

We shoot our meat up with an ungodly amount of antibiotics. There will come a day when something similar happens here because it could happen anywhere because at some point there will be a virus ahead of our formulas. Blaming China isn't going to do shit when youre probably going to need their help with a vaccine and production.

Christ almighty, I expect better from PJ fans but I guess not.

Stay the fuck inside, shut the fuck up and take care of your families.

Instead, we've got one morherfucker on here spreading conspiracy theories and actively playing the contrarian...because why the fuck not stir some shit up? I looks forward to the inherent thought that this is all China's fault so when EVERY mouth breather in the world makes an excuse to discriminate and god knows what else to someone with Asian descent. This fucking place is gross.

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Hey guys...been away for a while.  Everything Great?  Good.  Let's Keep it that way.  See you in 2021.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:

And ultimately the blame should be on everyone for selling everything up the river for $10 Jean's at WalMart. The US really doesnt like it huh? Then don't sell T notes to their fucking government and wait for them to say, "Ya know what, I wanna cash these in motherfuckers?"

We shoot our meat up with an ungodly amount of antibiotics. There will come a day when something similar happens here because it could happen anywhere because at some point there will be a virus ahead of our formulas. Blaming China isn't going to do shit when youre probably going to need their help with a vaccine and production.

Instead, we've got one morherfucker on here spreading conspiracy theories and actively playing the contrarian...because why the fuck not stir some shit up? I looks forward to the inherent thought that this is all China's fault so when EVERY mouth breather in the world makes an excuse to discriminate and god knows what else to someone with Asian descent. This fucking place is gross.

😂😂😂😂
    shut the fuck up? Unless??  Motherfuckers? Hilarious. This place is gross. You know why? Because it seems you’re only allowed to have one way of thinking about what’s going on. Anything slightly off of that way is ridiculed, shut down, called motherfuckers etc. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    People please just step back a bit this shouldn’t be about divisive words towards anyone here we’re all in this together, not just Americans but everyone..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:

😂😂😂😂
    shut the fuck up? Unless??  Motherfuckers? Hilarious. This place is gross. You know why? Because it seems you’re only allowed to have one way of thinking about what’s going on. Anything slightly off of that way is ridiculed, shut down, called motherfuckers etc. 
    I agree with him... We need to get past Left vs Right and get back to Right and Wrong..  We have shortages and people are going to die because we've created a bloated greedy system that puts profit before people. Time for that to end! 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    People please just step back a bit this shouldn’t be about divisive words towards anyone here we’re all in this together, not just Americans but everyone..
    I absolutely agree. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    vaggar99 said:

Now that's leadership.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    edited March 2020
    Hes the best
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    dignin said:
    vaggar99 said:

Now that's leadership.
    ::shaking head:::  It's costing lives... We need a real leader.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    edited March 2020
    dignin said:
    vaggar99 said:

Now that's leadership.
    What's the problem?  He will help, but only after the death toll is high enough to make the Governor look bad.  That's Owning Libs 101.
  • Options
    Rand Paul got the CoronaV
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,278
    vaggar99 said:
    can a person die from schadenfreude? asking for a friend.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    can a person die from schadenfreude? asking for a friend.
    You must be at risk...
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    mrussel1 said:
    Well, there is talk the entire school year may be called off. What I heard on the news tonight.
    These year 12's would have to do year 12 next year.
    So that must mean every student has to retake the year, is that right?  I don't know the schedule there, are they at the beginning of the school year now, or the end?  For us, it's the end of the 3rd quarter or 2nd semester.  That's why I don't think anyone will be repeating. 
    We are at the beginning of the year pretty much. Schools start late January and end mid-December.
    These kids will have to retake the year next year if this year gets called off.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Ssssshhhhh. You'll be called a racist like I was.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    ikiT said:

GOP senator says China 'to blame' for coronavirus spread because of 'culture where people eat bats and snakes and dogs'

WASHINGTON — Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, drew a backlash on social media and from Asian American advocates on Wednesday for claiming China was "to blame" for the spread of the coronavirus because of a "culture where people eat bats and snakes and dogs and things like that." 

'These viruses are transmitted from the animal to the people and that's why China has been the source of a lot of these viruses like SARS, like MERS, the Swine flu, and now the coronavirus, so I think they have a fundamental problem, the Texas Republican said to reporters, saying he did not object to a geographic name for the virus.  

Asked about Asian Americans' concerns about racism, Cornyn said, "I disagree. We're not talking about Asians. We're talking about China, where these viruses emanate from and created this pandemic." 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/18/coronavirus-sen-john-cornyn-says-chinese-eating-bats-spread-virus/2869342001/
    Truth hurts.
  • Options
    Ssssshhhhh. You'll be called a racist like I was.
    The buck stops in China.
  • Options
    ^ ^ yep.
    They need to be held to account.

• Options
    Trump does not look well.
    Just saw his press conference.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    CM189191 said:
    So noone here blames China? 
    So I am racist for blaming then now am I?
    If it looks like a duck,
    Quacks like a duck,
    It's probably a duck
    Yeah okay, whatever you say. 
    That's a pretty big claim to make about someone you know nothing about.
    For your information, I have Asian friends. Me blaming a country does not make me racist.
    I also speak negatively about Australia, does that make me racist towards Australians too?
    I'll refrain from saying more I wish I could say to you right now as you are not worth getting banned over.

For starters:  Asia != China

Ah...the old "I can't be racist, I have a _____ friend argument." 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Go to hell
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,158
    I must have missed something. Because if people really think blaming the Chinese government for their response and blaming the Chinese government for their lack of health standards And blaming the Chinese government for allowing and the Chinese people for having and using a assbackwards meat market is being racist then I’m not really sure what to think about the people here. 

hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.